Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is 90% of all auto-generated townies Japanese with blonde hair??

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited May 2019
    rienremi wrote: »
    I want different looking Sims, I don't want just extremly beatiful sims, but a variety like in real Life. That's my problem with the gallery that every one looks like a Beauty contestant.

I agree with this, especially the 'Trending" recently section(cmiiw) it's filled with almost same-looking sims and all of them have either romantic, good, outgoing, sometime I refrain from downloading sims in that section except a few that have different faces.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    kr823kr823 Posts: 37 Member
    I've been playing in Brindleton Bay (cats & dogs world) recently and found it doesn't have this problem as much as the other worlds I have, I wonder why that is
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    kr823 wrote: »
    I've been playing in Brindleton Bay (cats & dogs world) recently and found it doesn't have this problem as much as the other worlds I have, I wonder why that is

Give it time, all you have to do is wait until a Sunday in your game then look at the newly created townies in the bin. Unless you have mods installed that may circumvent the spawning.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not only are they per the OP's lament, but many are vampires. Try expanding the pool upwards from the usual 80. That might help, at least it has for me so far. Don't look any better, but a wider mix of names. Still look like ugly pears with legs, though.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    It was like that in a game for a long time, but in my mature save, it seems to have swung back around with alot of caucasion names on the new townies. I tend to purge random sims about once a game month so maybe it helps to clear out the randoms.
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Honestly, I feel like with MCC it’s much better. The reason why? While of course there are a few Japanese townies with blonde hair (remember we’re talking about Sims 4... not many things make sense within the game) I would say about half of my townies were born in a normal family put together from MCC. The other half are much better generated, almost as if MCC sets it back to how sims was without city living. As far as the names, I don’t really care. I just think that they’re foreigners in a new country so that’s why they have different names, for example people’s Korean names are different than their English names.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    City Living destroyed townie generating wish there was a way to completely turn off townie spawning.
    If you use the MCCC mod you can set it to import townies from your own Library, then go in and create a bunch of the Sims you like. Or you can turn on cas.fulleditmode and edit the townies to what you want -- sometimes just a change of hairstyle and a tweaking of the eyes can do wonders. I use a mod that reduces the City Living name frequency, so that helps a bit as well; I can tweak the Sim's appearance to better suit the name they were given.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    rienremi wrote: »
    I want different looking Sims, I don't want just extremly beatiful sims, but a variety like in real Life. That's my problem with the gallery that every one looks like a Beauty contestant.

It seems to be mostly those that use the special poses for the Gallery -- most of my Sims are pretty ordinary looking to me. Or maybe they look glamorous but if you change the hairstyles, makeup and clothing they'll look more normal.

• Options
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    See this is where I don't understand when people keep requesting for diverse Sims or enthic groups. O.K. great, but they aren't. They all turn into Europeans with other names that possibly don't fit their enthic group of who they are to represent. And then I have to pretend they dyed their hair, and they are very western by not generating with particular facial features which (no matter who wants to argue it), are not indicative to their race. Just slapping a name on a Sim isn't my idea of diversity. Or just a skin color. Like building a Sim and changing the skin tone to black or brown and telling me the Sim is of a specific enthic group. No, either have real diverse Sims or stop generating pretend ones. Also, as far as diversity I see this on the gallery all the time. People build a white Sim then paint it brown, no, sorry, either give the Sim the facial features it would have or stop trying to paint all white Sim brown or black. And they want diversity of cultures...sorry, just dressing in a special outfit isn't my idea of diversity, these Sims should come with thier own traditions, ideas, beliefs and actions and not just a Sim with a name slapped on them, with western habits, and dyed hair or dyed skin.

Just have what speaks to you. People don't have to fit into a box, I have to have so many of this or that type of person. It's your world people, have whatever you want.

It's difficult to have whatever I want when the game is constantly making these choices without my input.

Really, they need more Q&A on live mode in general. It feels like the most neglected part of The Sims 4, which is sad considering it should be the largest. I still can't believe they designed a system as boring and repetitive as whims and then have it disabled by default instead of re-purposing it into something better. Aspirations, the unfortunate main grindy repetitive system of TS4, still has not had improvements that it should have to make it more open-ended and fun with each generation/Sim.

I delete the generated ones every day. I don't want them in my game. I used to try to fix them up in cas, but it's no use. The game just keeps generating new ones, so out they go as fast as they come in.

I do the same thing. It gets redundant though when I just want to play the game, and even if I do delete them, they come right back. I know mods exist to customize/fix this issue, but I don't believe mods should be a necessity to fix a game's problem.

I'm hoping that in sims5 we can either make our own townies or maybe have a list we can pick from instead of the game generating these ugly things.
    The problem is the game needs Sims to fill NPC roles -- food stall workers, mixologists, restaurant workers and the like. The more venues you have the more NPCs you need. I've found that just a few tweaks with clothing and hair can make a big difference in how the townies look. So I go through Manage Households every so often, giving makeovers to townie Sims and if they're really impossible they go byebye.

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love randomly-generated weird-looking townies! It feels more real to me, since I live in a pretty groovy place. :)

I do hate when they make two complete strangers look exactly alike.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    PoppyjasperPoppyjasper Posts: 2 New Member
    > @nerdfashion said:
    I fix it by using MCCC to click on the mailbox and do the "delete homeless sims", will delete all of the homeless sims who are not living on a residential lot.
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Seriously? Still, this long after City Living came out?? I went into Manage Households and virtually all random households were, as always, blonde Japanese Sims. And the rest were heavily overweight middle eastern women.

It's already been reported as a bug several times and nothing has been done, so I assume this is a "feature"... but WHY? It seems to me the randomization process is just borked but nobody cares??
    It's not a bug, is for REAL even today since 80's. Yap! if you know blond hair Japanese is for real, there should be no surprise they appear in the Sims world, however in my case I have blond hair Sim with Hindi name.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I remember the game spawned quite a bit of nice looking sims with just a base game installed, with a city living most townies spawned pear shaped overweight dark skinned blonde with either watanabe or srinivasan in their last name. But I found a workaround in MCCC to let it pull from gallery sim to spawn townies if youre not opposed to that.

Ohhh I need to find out how to do that. I’m so tired of the ridiculous looking sims walking around.

p6tqefj
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Edit: Geezus, I have no idea how I got into this thread which is so old. Just noticed the date after posting. Sorry!
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Ohhh I need to find out how to do that. I’m so tired of the ridiculous looking sims walking around.
    1. Click a computer and open up MCCC
    2. Scroll down and Click on MC Population
    3. Click "Population Settings"
    4. Scroll down and click "Import Tray Settings"
    5. Click "Import Tray Sim Percent" and adjust it to a higher value. Make it 100 if you want the game to always use your gallery instead of random generation. You want to have a lot of households/Sims in your gallery if you set it to a high value.

Then just adjust any other of the settings there to suit your tastes. I don't recommend changing the setting for "Import Sim Name" though or you end up with duplicates running about.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Edit: Geezus, I have no idea how I got into this thread which is so old. Just noticed the date after posting. Sorry!
    5. Click "Import Tray Sim Percent" and adjust it to a higher value. Make it 100 if you want the game to always use your gallery instead of random generation. You want to have a lot of households/Sims in your gallery if you set it to a high value.

Then just adjust any other of the settings there to suit your tastes. I don't recommend changing the setting for "Import Sim Name" though or you end up with duplicates running about.

:open_mouth: I didn't know the mod could do this. But if you already have a lot of your gallery Sims in your game, will it still import them and create a duplicate?
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Stormkeep wrote: »

:open_mouth: I didn't know the mod could do this. But if you already have a lot of your gallery Sims in your game, will it still import them and create a duplicate?

You can use flags so that it only imports the ones you want.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2022
    I wish they'd improve the townie system. For players who have most of the worlds there's easily enough townies there to populate the world without generating randoms. And even for those who don't have most the worlds randoms should only be there for when there isn't enough existing townies, they shouldn't be appearing instead of the actual sims that live in the worlds. Before I downloaded mods for it I'd literally never see townies like the Pancakes, the Goths, etc existing in my game because the game kept spawning randoms and using them instead