Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is 90% of all auto-generated townies Japanese with blonde hair??

Seriously? Still, this long after City Living came out?? I went into Manage Households and virtually all random households were, as always, blonde Japanese Sims. And the rest were heavily overweight middle eastern women.

It's already been reported as a bug several times and nothing has been done, so I assume this is a "feature"... but WHY? It seems to me the randomization process is just borked but nobody cares??
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I remember the game spawned quite a bit of nice looking sims with just a base game installed, with a city living most townies spawned pear shaped overweight dark skinned blonde with either watanabe or srinivasan in their last name. But I found a workaround in MCCC to let it pull from gallery sim to spawn townies if youre not opposed to that.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2019
    izecson wrote: »
    I remember the game spawned quite a bit of nice looking sims with just a base game installed, with a city living most townies spawned pear shaped overweight dark skinned blonde with either watanabe or srinivasan in their last name. But I found a workaround in MCCC to let it pull from gallery sim to spawn townies if youre not opposed to that.

I'm not using Mc dresser and I didn't opted to pull from the gallery, but since I'm using Mccc townies are dressing much better :)
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No idea, but they need to do something about it.
  • Options
    gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    I don't mind the random townies spawning, but when they have the cc I downloaded on them it just looks really bad. Especially cc that I don't have a mesh to and then I have to go into CAS and fix them. Thats the only annoying part to me.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2019
    See this is where I don't understand when people keep requesting for diverse Sims or enthic groups. O.K. great, but they aren't. They all turn into Europeans with other names that possibly don't fit their enthic group of who they are to represent. And then I have to pretend they dyed their hair, and they are very western by not generating with particular facial features which (no matter who wants to argue it), are not indicative to their race. Just slapping a name on a Sim isn't my idea of diversity. Or just a skin color. Like building a Sim and changing the skin tone to black or brown and telling me the Sim is of a specific enthic group. No, either have real diverse Sims or stop generating pretend ones. Also, as far as diversity I see this on the gallery all the time. People build a white Sim then paint it brown, no, sorry, either give the Sim the facial features it would have or stop trying to paint all white Sim brown or black. And they want diversity of cultures...sorry, just dressing in a special outfit isn't my idea of diversity, these Sims should come with thier own traditions, ideas, beliefs and actions and not just a Sim with a name slapped on them, with western habits, and dyed hair or dyed skin.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    See this is where I don't understand when people keep requesting for diverse Sims or enthic groups. O.K. great, but they aren't. They all turn into Europeans with other names that possibly don't fit their enthic group of who they are to represent. And then I have to pretend they dyed their hair, and they are very western by not generating with particular facial features which (no matter who wants to argue it), are not indicative to their race. Just slapping a name on a Sim isn't my idea of diversity. Or just a skin color. Like building a Sim and changing the skin tone to black or brown and telling me the Sim is of a specific enthic group. No, either have real diverse Sims or stop generating pretend ones. Also, as far as diversity I see this on the gallery all the time. People build a white Sim then paint it brown, no, sorry, either give the Sim the facial features it would have or stop trying to paint all white Sim brown or black. And they want diversity of cultures...sorry, just dressing in a special outfit isn't my idea of diversity, these Sims should come with thier own traditions, ideas, beliefs and actions and not just a Sim with a name slapped on them, with western habits, and dyed hair or dyed skin.

Just have what speaks to you. People don't have to fit into a box, I have to have so many of this or that type of person. It's your world people, have whatever you want.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »

Just have what speaks to you. People don't have to fit into a box, I have to have so many of this or that type of person. It's your world people, have whatever you want.

It's difficult to have whatever I want when the game is constantly making these choices without my input.

Really, they need more Q&A on live mode in general. It feels like the most neglected part of The Sims 4, which is sad considering it should be the largest. I still can't believe they designed a system as boring and repetitive as whims and then have it disabled by default instead of re-purposing it into something better. Aspirations, the unfortunate main grindy repetitive system of TS4, still has not had improvements that it should have to make it more open-ended and fun with each generation/Sim.
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I just spended two hours for downloading en creating the right townies, because the townies are really bad in my game.
    They all have the same face, are also Japanese...
    And their clothing choice is really really weird. And I mean things like wearing a croptop as a raincoat. :|

I really hope this will be fixed one day....
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    anorakblueanorakblue Posts: 30 Member
    I agree, townie generation is definitely skewed and it doesn't encourage townie families to be created. They either need to improve their algorithm for townie creation or make it far easier to add your own townies without the use of mods. It should be pulled from your gallery/downloaded households.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

It's difficult to have whatever I want when the game is constantly making these choices without my input.

Really, they need more Q&A on live mode in general. It feels like the most neglected part of The Sims 4, which is sad considering it should be the largest. I still can't believe they designed a system as boring and repetitive as whims and then have it disabled by default instead of re-purposing it into something better. Aspirations, the unfortunate main grindy repetitive system of TS4, still has not had improvements that it should have to make it more open-ended and fun with each generation/Sim.

I delete the generated ones every day. I don't want them in my game. I used to try to fix them up in cas, but it's no use. The game just keeps generating new ones, so out they go as fast as they come in.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    It's a bug they haven't solved. That and then they wear a million accessories since vampires. I end up deleting similar named, horribly dressed ones every so often. And tweaking some so every townie isn't a pear
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    or dark with ginger-red ish hair :s
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I do not know why this hasn't been fixed, You can so clearly see it when other people are playing, for example the sim Supply's super sim Let's Play, he has so many City Living sims in his save now.

I am using mods to deal with this, I am downloading sims from the gallery and putting them in unplayed households, then I have MC Command Center, population set to 0 for everyone and then I am using NPC Control by Paulson. By doing this the game generates much less sims and uses existing ones instead from your unplayed households. So I have sims that I have downloaded from the gallery showing up on the street and as workers instead of generated city living sims.

GVPTOCe.png
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    It's a bug they haven't solved. That and then they wear a million accessories since vampires. I end up deleting similar named, horribly dressed ones every so often. And tweaking some so every townie isn't a pear

I want more variety too with names and how they look. The game finds take the nicest looking stuff be it CC or stuff from the game and combines it in the worst way possible
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

I delete the generated ones every day. I don't want them in my game. I used to try to fix them up in cas, but it's no use. The game just keeps generating new ones, so out they go as fast as they come in.

I do the same thing. It gets redundant though when I just want to play the game, and even if I do delete them, they come right back. I know mods exist to customize/fix this issue, but I don't believe mods should be a necessity to fix a game's problem.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    City Living destroyed townie generating wish there was a way to completely turn off townie spawning.

Honestly, this is one of my most wanted features.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2019
    Here's how I fix it...
    1. I go to manage worlds.
    2. I go to manage households,
    3. I hit that sweet, sweet delete button.

Edit: Not to mention their eggplant body shape... *shudder*
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    > @ChadSims2 said:
    > City Living destroyed townie generating wish there was a way to completely turn off townie spawning.

I agree and I hope it's a feature they patch in at some point. I like my gameplay to consist of pre-made Sims already in the world or Sims from the pack trailers.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    You forgot the word 'old'. Most of the townies my game generates are elders. Have seen reports from other players that are havng the same issue.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited May 2019
    Here's how I fix it...

The problem with this is that new ones will be generated, no matter what. :s
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options

I do the same thing. It gets redundant though when I just want to play the game, and even if I do delete them, they come right back. I know mods exist to customize/fix this issue, but I don't believe mods should be a necessity to fix a game's problem.

I'm hoping that in sims5 we can either make our own townies or maybe have a list we can pick from instead of the game generating these ugly things.
  • Options
    Here's how I fix it...

The problem with this is that new ones will be generated, no matter what. :s

I tried fixing them, and the game just makes more. Why doesn't it use the ones we fixed?
  • Options
    rienremirienremi Posts: 6 New Member
    I want different looking Sims, I don't want just extremly beatiful sims, but a variety like in real Life. That's my problem with the gallery that every one looks like a Beauty contestant.