Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation Thread 2021(Now Out)

Comments

• Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    My bet is also on improved babies in the patch followed by nursery stuff pack. At least, this is what I'm hoping for... unless the babies come later in the year with a generation pack, that would be cool as well.
  • Options
    writer21098writer21098 Posts: 19 Member
    I don't wanna get my hopes up for a Baby update or a stuff pack relating to it, but it would be AMAZING if it were to happen!!
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    edited December 2020
    I guess they will give us some treaties (a.k.a. free objects or CAS items) to get ready for SP release. Don't think they will add something really big before the allegedly cars update unless they release a GP.

Alice mode on: bunk beds? 👀 *drama song*
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited December 2020
    If they are planning on releasing an SP next month. Then we should be seeing an official announcement of it with in the next 2 weeks.
  • Options
    MillyMilly Posts: 17 Member
    I hope they update with burglars like the previous games had with the burglar alarm and everything.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I want to see more lots in Del Sol Valley 🤣
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I haven’t played since the snow EP dropped, I found it quite buggy tbh and it put me off.. Anyhow I’m sure patches have dropped since then? I tried to play yesterday only to find major routing issues?? Is this something other players have had problems with? I can’t find any threads on the topic :/

Well I hope this is fixed anyway, I don’t really want to have to go in a change the layout of all my lots 🙈
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I’m hoping the update is real babies..... and a baby stuff pack follows.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I don't think we'll be getting an SP. I don't think we'll be getting anything in january besides a bug fix update (i hope they fix the makeup not showing the proper colors/opacity/etc).
    I think they'll try to surprise us this time, with an EP after an EP. Maybe on February, maaaaaaaaybe on January but I doubt it. Probably by the end of February.
  • Options
    Forgeron wrote: »
    I don't think we'll be getting an SP. I don't think we'll be getting anything in january besides a bug fix update (i hope they fix the makeup not showing the proper colors/opacity/etc).
    I think they'll try to surprise us this time, with an EP after an EP. Maybe on February, maaaaaaaaybe on January but I doubt it. Probably by the end of February.
    It's hard to say what type of pack that the next will be and when they'll release it, until they officially announce it. So the best thing to say right now is that it's all just speculation.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Meh, you got your Goth stuff with Magic and Vampires.

Improved babies and some basic baby stuff. Then a Baby Stuff Pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »

Tiny Living Stuff came out in January so I'm expecting the Leaked SP will release the 4th week in January. I'm hoping for the next Gamepack in February or March.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    They're probably going to fix a bunch of bugs and then distract from all of the bugs that they had to fix by throwing in something new, like more new hairs or a few new pieces of furniture or maybe even a KPOP collab.
  • Options
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    They're probably going to fix a bunch of bugs and then distract from all of the bugs that they had to fix by throwing in something new, like more new hairs or a few new pieces of furniture or maybe even a KPOP collab.

I suspect we'll see 2 more base game hairstyles updated as they say thier working on that now. I"m also thinking the opacity slider on the console in cheek makeup will be fixed. Right now it's broken. The controller won't move it but you can use a mouse as a workaround. This bug is mention on AMQ Bug Site. I'd love to see new relationships added to CAS in the January Update but I'm sadly not expecting that.
  • Options
    GoseGose Posts: 40 Member
    I hope they fix the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration bug. I'm unable to finish "Perform High Intensity Skiing or Snowboarding on an Intermediate or Expert Slope."
    Also it's weird that the color signs for the slopes are sometimes wrong.
    Sign.jpg
    I build things.
    Gallery ID: skustadmoe
  • Options
    Gose wrote: »
    I hope they fix the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration bug. I'm unable to finish "Perform High Intensity Skiing or Snowboarding on an Intermediate or Expert Slope."
    Also it's weird that the color signs for the slopes are sometimes wrong.
    Were you playing on PC or console? The reason why I had asked is because I too had the same issue with the game when I was playing on the PS4.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I am ready for them to patch in nails in a free update.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    I am ready for them to patch in nails in a free update.

I'm really surprised we haven't got nail polish yet. I'd also like some lip piercings.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Nails would be nice, but I’d love to see eyelashes
  • Options
    edited January 2021
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Nails would be nice, but I’d love to see eyelashes
    me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited January 2021
    MAC Cosmetics debuted a new palette inspired by The Sims skin tones.

Anyway, I was kind of surprised that there wasn't homeschooling patch last year. So I am expecting that in 2021.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Any possibility that today is Patch Day? 😱
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Flap wrote: »

Not impossible, but I wouldn't count on it. They just got back to the virtual office after Christmas break.

Next week is more likely.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Flap wrote: »

Not impossible, but I wouldn't count on it. They just got back to the virtual office after Christmas break.

Next week is more likely.

Next week we're getting the Stuffpack trailer so I'd expect the patch the week after next.