Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Acting career kissing scenes: match the preference of your sim

Suggestion to the developers: I've noticed in the acting career half of the kissing scenes go against the preference of the sim performing it. Can you please make it so it matches the preference of the sim actor? Even in the your sim world if 99% of your sims are of one preference, it makes no sense to have your acting scene kisses be 50/50. Thanks for considering it.

Comments

• Options
    ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    edited December 2020
    We're talking about a game, not real life. And I never mentioned homosexuality. But if I want preference abc in my game, I don't want the game forcing a difference preference upon my game, let alone in a career.

And since you mentioned real life, 99+% of "kissing" scenes in real life acting are heterosexual, which if this game is supposed to model real life as you suggest, then neither of our opinion's matter: the game should model 99+% heterosexual kissing scenes in the acting career.

So back to my actual point: if I want preference abc in my game, I don't want the game forcing a difference preference upon my game, let alone over half the time, let alone in a career.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Acting is acting. The job is to act like someone unlike yourself. To me it would be totally wrong if the actor's preferences should have any impact at all on this.
    PS - I work a little bit with acting in RL, and getting to play a character miles away from myself is both more fun and developing. The opposite would quickly become a bore ;)

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    It's a game, not RL. What next, force the opposite "marriage" upon your game character than you want in your game because it would become boring for you playing the game if they didn't?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    It's a game, not RL. What next, force the opposite "marriage" upon your game character than you want in your game because it would become boring for you playing the game if they didn't?

I was only referring to the acting career, not to the sim's "RL". And also, only what goes on on stage, not during the rehearsal/waiting which normally takes longer than the recording. When I play a sim on the film set, I some times add a private story going on there, like my sim actually hating the co-actor, or another actor who is there is a rival fighting over the Director, or my sim deeply admiring another person on the set. You don't need to do the listed tasks in order to get gold, so instead you can make up misc events. There are always a handful random sims present, and we are free to do whatever we want when not on stage. The staging is preset, but I assume you could add some drama up there as well, would be fun :) Btw, once my sim was acting in some sort of a classy mansion, Father Winter actually showed up by the "fake" fireplace on stage - I almost fell of my chair. Thinking of it, I must have set the Winter Fest to not be a holiday, or there would be no gig on that day... Would also be fun starting to interact with someone on stage, your choice, to see how much fuss it would cause on the film production - you'd probably earn some pay even with a poor result. Hm, would be fun playing a sim who was the worst cast ever, LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I'm homosexual and I agree with you, because 99% of kisses and romance scenes in actor career is homosexual when I'm playing a straight person, and 99% of them are straight when I'm playing a homosexual person..

It doesn't make sense..
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2020
    I think I have seen people post about this before, maybe even over at Answer HQ but I'm not sure if Maxis did something about it. I have not seen it happen often in my game and most of my sims are hetereosexual.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I don’t mind this since it is just acting.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    I have no issue with this. It's acting. Kissing a sim of the opposite sex or same sex doesn't mean anything beyond it being their job.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2020
    I’ve probably had 2/3 of the kisses in my game be heterosexual and 1/3 be homosexual. I think it’s fine the way it is. As people have said, it’s just acting. Honestly, I thought it was kind of fun to see my famous actor kiss his best friend, even though that person is not of the famous actor’s preferred gender.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I mean it's acting, does it really matter? Romance scenes are an incredibly minor part of the acting career. I do feel that it could be more balanced though , from what I've seen majority of love interests are automatically male regardless of your sims gender, or the other way around I can't really remember as I havent played it for a while but it definitely wasnt very 50/50.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Director: We have to get someone else for this part, they can't even get a simple kissing scene right.
    Producer: Right, didn't we try to get Judith Ward for ....
    Director interrupts: I'll call her agent.

They don't ask for reasons, they just want their movie done. Afraid you weren't quite what they were looking for. Back to auditions you go!

On a more serious note, no idea how many times my female, straight actress had to kiss Venessa Jeong, because she was always picked for those scenes, while the male co-actor were picked for any other scene. We do the job or we don't. Acting isn't for everyone.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited December 2020
    acting should never depend on actors dating preference cause its acting.

but i think it would be nice if game made higher ranked actors take bigger roles cause i swear judith just lives in some weird mascot costumes these days in some small roles and it makes no sense to me that she would settle for that type of jobs. especially cause the second lead actor is always some random townie no one knew even existed
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    My male Sims always get male partner in acting career, I wonder what his wife would think if she finds out, thank goodness his movie never shows up in Sims TV.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I have an actress married to female style influencer during university days. She's already a superstar and every movie she shot was with female co star except one. :D
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    There are mods that help with that. At least that is how I get around it.
  • Options
    BamBamGGBamBamGG Posts: 1 New Member
    so true it's always the same sex when acting, at least switch it up
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I do get this often but the one person hard to crack is Judth even though my sims have higher acting skills than she is she turns off the action cause she doesn't want to kiss. =.=
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Eh I prefer it to be realistic and irl actors often play characters who don't have the same sexual preference as themselves.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

What mod?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Does the kissing scene in an Actor career then create a Romantic relationship between Sims? Because THAT'S the flaw here, if that is the case.

No - Actors, by definition, portray the role written, not their own personality.
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    edited July 2021
    IRL show business is brutal! I have many friends that perform in local theater, and they rarely get what they want. If they don't make it believable that their character is truly in love with that nasty blobfish that they have to kiss...the director finds someone else, someone who can make it believable. its that simple. As an actor, You kiss who the writer and director want you to kiss, not who you want to kiss.
    Post edited by randy2355 on
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

What mod?

I made that post in December of last year. Not sure if that mod has been updated. I stopped using the acting career as it was too much of a structured check list and I hate those.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I stopped playing the actor career because it has many annoyances. This is one of them.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2021

What mod?

I made that post in December of last year. Not sure if that mod has been updated. I stopped using the acting career as it was too much of a structured check list and I hate those.

Do you remember what mod it is? Perhaps it may be updated. Ive only recently got Get Famous so this is a big peeve rn. Or if not some other mod that allows us to change the npc? I used cheats but couldnt enter CAS to modify because it was a nonplayed sim. So i took control and used "change sim" instead and changed their clothing, body type and etc. But it caused them to leave the acting garage and my sim couldnt finish her scenes.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.