Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Skin Tones, Dec. 2020

Comments

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @SiliClone Are you on Twitter?

Nope, I use few social networks... I have a discord for mod support though.
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    @luthienrising I'm trying to figure out which mods are causing Sims Profiles not to show up, and I'm testing my mods right now. It's rather tedious. I know it has to do with custom traits. Have you heard anything about specific mods causing this?
    I've tested and ruled out Basemental mods, Wonderful Whims, Meaningful Stories and Mc Command Center. The last two are Sacrificial mods that I'll be testing now, even though their Discord claims they've received no complaints supposedly.

This is caused by the change maxis made to the instance ID of personality traits. As far as I know, only personality traits cause this, maybe gameplay traits too, but the gameplay traits I have (from my own mods) are not causing it. Whatever it is, it's something that adds personality traits.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited December 2020
    SiliClone wrote: »
    @luthienrising I'm trying to figure out which mods are causing Sims Profiles not to show up, and I'm testing my mods right now. It's rather tedious. I know it has to do with custom traits. Have you heard anything about specific mods causing this?
    I've tested and ruled out Basemental mods, Wonderful Whims, Meaningful Stories and Mc Command Center. The last two are Sacrificial mods that I'll be testing now, even though their Discord claims they've received no complaints supposedly.

This is caused by the change maxis made to the instance ID of personality traits. As far as I know, only personality traits cause this, maybe gameplay traits too, but the gameplay traits I have (from my own mods) are not causing it. Whatever it is, it's something that adds personality traits.

I'm so frustrated with this. I don't which mod is causing it. I added back in my mods and it's no longer happening. I can't replicate the bug. I spent all day testing different mods.
    Are you sure it's just personality traits and not reward traits as well?
    *Edited my response because it was rather thoughtless and rude, sorry :( I'm just frustrated
    Post edited by bixters on
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited December 2020
    Umm, they do?

Sorry, I know they do, I was frustrated at the time and spoke thoughtlessly. Bugs are so annoying : / and right when I was starting to enjoy the game again with some great mods
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    SiliClone wrote: »

I'm so frustrated with this. I don't which mod is causing it. I added back in my mods and it's no longer happening. I can't replicate the bug. I spent all day testing different mods.
    Are you sure it's just personality traits and not reward traits as well?
    *Edited my response because it was rather thoughtless and rude, sorry :( I'm just frustrated

Reward traits have no reason to cause this. The cache does. If you remove a mod that was causing this, and didn't clean the cache, chances are high that the issue was still there even if the mod causing it was removed. I don't have much mods but my own anymore, though, so I only saw it in my own mod. The traits causing it are the ones that go or are supposed to go in the relationship panel (meaning the Personality Traits. Another thing that would probably cause the problem are visible relationship bits with a wrong ID, but you would know you have the problem because that would also cause an LE)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Thank you for updating the no more housefires Mod @SiliClone! You have made my Sims Holidays so much safer!
  • Options
    DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    Heads up on the S4S skintone batch fix. If you let it simply run on your entire mods folder, it may make changes to certain mod tuning files as well. Not sure what effect that will have. When I saw that here, I quickly put the original tuning packages back in their rightful spots before playing.
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    ClaudiaCClaudiaC Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys, this is my first time posting here because I really am desperate right now for some help about what is going on with my game.
    I hadn't played it for quite some time, when today I decided to do yet again another mod cleanup but first had to do all of the updates. That done, I put 3 of my custom content folders hoping to clean those first. 

Here's what I observed when I opened the game:
    San Myshuno and University world icons were replaced with this gray llama icon, same thing with some info icons of places in the worlds. 
    A bunch of sims (from played and unplayed families) had those exclamations points and red markings as you see when you have broken custom content

At first I thought maybe it was indeed some broken cc I had in those folders and the llama thing was appearing as the icon of some traits so I thought the traits folder must be the problem. 

The thing is that I took all of the folders out, opened the game again and the issues are still there. and I cant figure out either why the sims have those broken cc markings if they dont have any cc on them. 

After that I tried changing the save files. I tried taking all of the save files out and just started the game with no cc and no previous save files. The issues are still there. Finally, I decided to clean my tray too. I opened the game all over and right off the bat as soon as they tell me to create a new sim, the sim appears all red and white with exclamation points but how is that possible? 

The weird thing though is that if I randomize the sim, sometimes a "normal" one appears, so can it be something related to the skins update? 

The llama thing in the icons needless to say, it still keeps on appearing. 
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    ClaudiaC wrote: »
    Hi guys, this is my first time posting here because I really am desperate right now for some help about what is going on with my game.
    I hadn't played it for quite some time, when today I decided to do yet again another mod cleanup but first had to do all of the updates. That done, I put 3 of my custom content folders hoping to clean those first. 

Here's what I observed when I opened the game:
    San Myshuno and University world icons were replaced with this gray llama icon, same thing with some info icons of places in the worlds. 
    A bunch of sims (from played and unplayed families) had those exclamations points and red markings as you see when you have broken custom content

At first I thought maybe it was indeed some broken cc I had in those folders and the llama thing was appearing as the icon of some traits so I thought the traits folder must be the problem. 

The thing is that I took all of the folders out, opened the game again and the issues are still there. and I cant figure out either why the sims have those broken cc markings if they dont have any cc on them. 

After that I tried changing the save files. I tried taking all of the save files out and just started the game with no cc and no previous save files. The issues are still there. Finally, I decided to clean my tray too. I opened the game all over and right off the bat as soon as they tell me to create a new sim, the sim appears all red and white with exclamation points but how is that possible? 

The weird thing though is that if I randomize the sim, sometimes a "normal" one appears, so can it be something related to the skins update? 

The llama thing in the icons needless to say, it still keeps on appearing. 

Have you tried repairing the game? Right click on the game and choose repair game. People have had this before and repairing the game fixed it.

• Options
    ClaudiaCClaudiaC Posts: 2 New Member
    > @kampffenhoff said:
    > Have you tried repairing the game? Right click on the game and choose repair game. People have had this before and repairing the game fixed it.

thank you for trying to help me :) I just repaired the game and it seems to be better now. Atleast the llamas went gone.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited December 2020
    Okay, I had a weird issue. Some of my Sims had white faces, with red cheeks and a question mark between their eyes and down their noses and I got a pop up that one of my mods was out of date.
    I updated it, deleted the local thumb cache file, and all of the other caches while I was at it, and went back in. The issue was still there so I took out all of my mods and deleted the local thumb cache file. It went away, so I put all of my mods back in a little at a time. Once I determined that most of them were not the source of the issue I put all of them back in except for the mod that I had to update, as I now suspected this mod.
    For that one, I put the main mod in and tested it, then I tested all of the add-ons one or two at a time. None of them had the issue come up.
    I did delete the local thumb cache file one last time before I went in with all of my mods back in.

Has anyone had their Sims with that look? I've never had it occur before.

I'm glad that deleting the cache files fixed it because it freaked me out.

Edit: I spoke too soon. The issue remains. It went away for the thumbnails but it remains on the Sims in one of my households.

Update: I found out what was causing it. It wasn't an add-on. It was the main mod that I had to update.

Now I have to either figure out how to let them know of this issue or hope that they learn about it from someone else and fix it. It's a shame because I like this mod.

Does anyone know how to contact Turbodriver about one of their mods?
    Post edited by simgirl542 on
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    Okay, I had a weird issue. Some of my Sims had white faces, with red cheeks and a question mark between their eyes and down their noses and I got a pop up that one of my mods was out of date.
    I updated it, deleted the local thumb cache file, and all of the other caches while I was at it, and went back in. The issue was still there so I took out all of my mods and deleted the local thumb cache file. It went away, so I put all of my mods back in a little at a time. Once I determined that most of them were not the source of the issue I put all of them back in except for the mod that I had to update, as I now suspected this mod.
    For that one, I put the main mod in and tested it, then I tested all of the add-ons one or two at a time. None of them had the issue come up.
    I did delete the local thumb cache file one last time before I went in with all of my mods back in.

Has anyone had their Sims with that look? I've never had it occur before.

I'm glad that deleting the cache files fixed it because it freaked me out.

Edit: I spoke too soon. The issue remains. It went away for the thumbnails but it remains on the Sims in one of my households.

Update: I found out what was causing it. It wasn't an add-on. It was the main mod that I had to update.

Now I have to either figure out how to let them know of this issue or hope that they learn about it from someone else and fix it. It's a shame because I like this mod.

Does anyone know how to contact Turbodriver about one of their mods?

They know about it. The issue was actually the laptop mode with the version of the mod. It was written in the update to disable that option.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @SiliClone, thank you.
    I saw that note when I updated, but I totally forgot to actually do those steps. I've done them now and will put the mod back and check it the next time I play.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    Updated Mods
    Keep Sims at Home Regions (SHUSHU)
    Cute Trait (Alifya)
    Writer Work from Home (NoelleBellefleur)
    No More Celebrities Reacting In Disgust (slightlyfoolish)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ashlynette92ashlynette92 Posts: 37 Member
    whose traditions are all updated? I wanna try custom ones and can't search Traditions on the first page.
  • Options
    whose traditions are all updated? I wanna try custom ones and can't search Traditions on the first page.

The last couple of patches haven't broken any. You can go back through the p. 1 links on my threads, though, to find websites of people who make those.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Mod Updates
    Slice of Life (KawaiiStacie)
    Post edited by luthienrising on
  • Options
    MandyB78MandyB78 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Mod Updates
    > Slice of Life (KawaiiStacie)

:) Yay!
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited December 2020
    @luthienrising The Slice of Life link doesn't go to the updated mod, it goes to an inaccessible link to Deaderpool's Discord. Just a heads up.
    Slice of Life [4.8]
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    MandyB78 wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Mod Updates
    > Slice of Life (KawaiiStacie)

:) Yay!

KawaiiStacie’s site drives me mad. Whenever I’ve accessed it I get an ad, despite having ad blocker, which I then close, and at the same I get a pop up saying I am the real KawaiiStacie, which I can’t get rid of allthough I also have pop ups blocked.

• Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Does the height slider package from SOL negatively impact the game so that KawaiiStacie decided to remove it from the latest update? :frowning:

I quite like adjusting the height of my teens and was hoping to leave that file in but she had a warning on her site that everything old must go.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    BrianasteinmannBrianasteinmann Posts: 2 New Member
    I don’t like the new update it took away my custom skins that I loved to use to make my sims attractive now how can I use my cc skins I wanna be able to use them

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top