Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You Are Stuck [Game]

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    NatureWitch5692NatureWitch5692 Posts: 25 Member
    Tbh, I'd just do my job lol. Magically hopping all over the world? What a life!

You're stuck in a video game as an NPC character. Are you a wise, friendly quest giver at the heart of a mission, a flustered potions merchant helping supply the hero, or a nameless background character just living their video game life?
  • Options
    daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    The nameless background character just living their video game life intrigues me. I can totally picture being that character that people jokingly become a fan of. I'll be sort of a legendary enigma, that one character that's mysterious and having fun. It makes me laugh.

You're stuck on another planet and have been pretending to be part of the world for months. You have been doing so well to the point that you believe you have successfully tricked extraterrestrial life into thinking you are one of them. Suddenly one day, you are wrongfully arrested for an activity you did not commit and only legitimate aliens are capable of doing an act (therefore, you really didn't do it!) Will you expose yourself in order to save yourself?
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    oh, that's the ultimate nightmare, isn't it? Out yourself in hopes of clemency, knowing that being outed can also carry undesirable consequences? I think it would depend on how severe the consequences for the act would be, if I had to take them, versus how xenophobic and vengeful the aliens might be, to find me an imposter among them.

I'm sus.

You're stuck in a bind: you REALLY had to go, and the gender-specific public restroom aligned with what's on your ID was closed for cleaning, so you went to the other restroom, but someone else was in there, and they asked you to help look for their lost contact on the floor. You know you'll have some 'splainin to do if you either come out of the stall and they see you, or, in the case where you would pass visually as belonging in that restroom, you know that having to speak might just freak them out if they realize. Whichever is the case, you're chancing being outed (and whatever their reaction might be) if you help them. What do you do?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hmmm... I think I would just explain that the other toilets were closed and I was desperate. As long as there are private (and lockable) cubicles/ stalls inside then no one will see anything (although I'd still feel a bit embarrassed). That's assuming, as I note I've been given an ID, that this particular place doesn't punish people for using the wrong one (am I in a place that's under a totalitarian regime?)
    If the consequences are more severe, or if I thought the person was going to give me trouble, then I'd probably just pretend I haven't heard them and wait for them to leave. If they persisted, I might feign being really sick to put them off any further conversation.

You are stuck with a clone of yourself after a top secret science experiment. You both agree to take turns at everything- work, etc- but soon discover the clone is better at everything you do than you are. No one else knows you have a clone yet, but your boss and colleagues are starting to wonder why you're excelling above expectations at your work only on certain days of the week.
    What do you do? (By the way, the cloning machine is still free to make more clones if you want. 😁)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    oh man, I guess I feel like a total failure, but have wished before in life that I had just such a thing as a few extras of myself so I could parcel off all the tasks I needed to do in a day and still have leisure time left.

Would the clones share my experiences and memories, essentially be iterations of my self? If so, it would be very hard to decide which of me would have to leave everything and everyone they cared about and go pursue a different life. If we (for simplicity, just one clone, so both of us) stayed together, it would be both heaven and hades for my hubs: he'd have a lot more attention from one or the other of us, because my clone and I could tag-team on alone-time which we both so desperately crave in the press of daily life and its mundane tasks and people.

It would not be all roses, though: two of me would be a lot of animated discussions, dissections, arguments. But then, I might just be having most of them with myself since I love that kind of thing and he does not. So it might be noisy, yet he might be lonely. :(

Best case scenario, would be that somehow, I could exist as a fugue state, enjoying conscious experience of two lives at once, losing neither. In which case, one of us would have a plane to catch.

You're stuck in 5 lanes of stopped traffic, and you REALLY need to pee! You are getting desperate, but there aren't even any bushes on the side of the road to run to: you're on an overpass. Traffic isn't moving and you need to come up with a solution before you simply pee your pants and the seat. What are you going to do?

ETA: just realized that my last two scenarios both involved peepee emergencies. Ha. It wasn't deliberate.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Oh dear, this is an extremely awkward situation to be in. There are certain techniques of peeing that are physically impossible for me to do and I'm certainly not squatting in the road in front of everyone! I can think of one option, assuming I had supplies/ luggage with me, but I'm not sure if a) if I want anyone to picture it and b) if I'd be allowed to mention it on this forum. If I had a plastic bag with me I might at least be able to make a protective layer for the seat...
    I have actually been in a similar situation on journeys in the past. Usually I am able to hold on through sheer willpower until the next stop.
    But as this is a scenario where I really, really, really, really, reeeeeeally can't hold on any more, then it looks like I'm going to have to swallow my dignity and try and find somewhere to change my clothes. :D

You wake up on the side of a road and discover you are stuck in a completely different country. You've no idea how you got here and are not sure exactly what country this is. All the road signs are in a language you can't read. Passers by are giving you odd stares. In one direction, far away, you can see what looks like a border patrol with armed guards. In the opposite direction the road leads down to a city. There are quite a few trucks and vehicles going by. What will you do to get home?
  • Options
    I definitely don't go right up to the border patrol in search of assistance. I head to the city. I should be able to get a feel for more about the society, and some idea of where I am, from there, and come up with a plan based on that info. I'd know what language it was by looking at the signs even if I couldn't read it, in most cases and from that, know whether my best plan would be to seek out the authorities, or to look at immediate-survival alternatives, including getting access to a phone if I didn't have mine on me for vital numbers I have committed to memory. If I have mine, a lot of my problems just got solved that much faster.

You're stuck, unable to breathe, because you were taking a fat Crayola marker cap off with your teeth, and hiccoughed, and now the lid is sitting in your trachea. Not so tightly that it's wedged, but it's just sitting there, and you can get a little bit of air out, but realize instantly that you can't breathe enough to stay alive for very long unless you get this thing out. Someone in your family is next to you, but motioning (gently, to conserve oxygen) and looking distressed, even using the universal Choking Sign, is getting no response except they think you're being weird, and dismiss you, and of course you can't talk.. tick tock...you're not panicked yet but realize that what you do next may save your life or seal your doom, and you have seconds to decide.

What do you do?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Grab a pen and/or piece of paper from somewhere, scribble down 'Choking!!!', grab hold of the nearest person and point. If possible I'd try and breathe through my nose as well (I managed to do this once when choking on some cabbage in a restaurant). There would be no conserving of energy, as I would be panicking like mad and making as much noise as possible to get help. I'm pretty sure my family would have enough common sense to realise that, if I'm frantically grabbing hold of them and pointing to my throat, whilst probably turning bright red at the same time, then something is wrong.
    The problem would be if the only person in the room was my younger sister, as she has severe autism and learning difficulties and would have no idea that I needed help, or be able to communicate this to others (her understanding of the world around her is very limited and she has no comprehension that other people can be hurt or dying). In which case I would have to try and get the blockage out myself. That's actually quite a scary thought, as I am on my own with her some evenings! :#

You are stuck as a deity, after crash landing on an alien planet and being mistaken for a celestial visitor by the locals. At the moment, it's been going well, you're being given plenty of food and a palace for shelter. If you played your cards right, you may even be able to convince this civilisation to fix your ship for you so you can go back home (with a pile of alien artefacts and precious minerals). Or you could just stay and pretend. Perhaps you could even be a good leader for them. It's getting a little awkward though, as your worshippers are badgering you for a miracle. They're a low-tech civilisation so some of your gadgets might convince them (or perhaps you know some other tricks?).
    Do you come clean? Do you keep up the pretence? Do you stay or go? What will you decide?
  • Options
    daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    I imagine I went on an expedition for a reason. That being said, I must return home with the alien artefacts and precious minerals, it might help back where I'm from. I have another community to take care of. I feel quite sad though, I must have stayed there for a reason. I think I developed an attachment to them and that's why I stuck around. Wish I could remain as a leader, they deserve it! Perhaps I can make a return someday. Or appoint another to take my spot? As an offering I shall gift some gadgets from my world. It feels fair considering I'm taking something from their land. Do I come clean? I did accept the lavish life they gave me... guess it's not completely wrong that I am a celestial visitor. Me? A pretender? No way.

You are stuck in a snow globe after Father Christmas caught you in an attempt to switch your name from the naughty list to the nice list. You were told that you must work alongside the elves to create toys for the children—then you discover it was not Father Christmas that placed you in the snow globe, it was his evil twin, Papa Sam T. Sir, H.C. (Head Chef). He is known as Papa Sam for short. Papa Sam has enacted a plan that automatically makes the toys created in the workshop as secret hypnotic devices that will urge kids to become chefs. Doesn't sound bad? Well, chefs to serve the witch! As in, the witch that feasts on innocents!

The world (or in this case... your snow globe...) is your oyster. How are you going to save the real Father Christmas, and the children?!
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • Options
    Hah, I'm inside a snowglobe but I can breathe, Santa's elves and workshop are there, and his evil twin is Head Chef? Just got to get into the kitchen where he's Head Chef. So many ways to kill in there, it's not even funny, and I even have dental floss in my pocket. I guess I'd be staying on the Naughty List after all, serving up Papa Sam as hors d'oeuvres to the witch...with some additives.

You're stuck: with the bill for a group meal, that you can't afford with what's in your wallet, and the group gave you the slip after going to the bathroom. Your phone also died and the restaurant is in a part of the city known for world-class cuisine and certain understandings between owners and local law enforcement, such that public altercations are few, and investigations, fewer. The server just went back to explain your dire predicament with a lip curl. What are you going to do to get out of this in one piece?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Assuming I can't use a debit card, I write them an IOU and promise to pay the money back within a week, during which I hunt down all those cads who left me stranded at the restaurant and demand they pay up, or else I tell the restaurant all their names and that they are the ones behind that nasty review about the place which was published online that same week.
    Stitch me up, will ya?! Well two can play that game!

You are stuck in a chimney. You have managed to get your top half back out into the open. In an awkward coincidence, you also happen to be dressed as Father Christmas, as on the way to your new job at the shopping centre grotto, you were intending to post a very important letter, which blew out of your hand and up into the chimney just as you reached the postbox.
    You are regretting climbing up to get it, as it's starting to snow. Unfortunately a small child notices you and runs off shouting that they've seen Santa. Soon they are back with a camera crew and a news team, who have been led to believe that Santa really is stuck in the chimney. A crowd are gathering, including several children.
    To make matters worse, struggling to get free has resulted in your boots, trousers and underwear catching and being pulled off. These are now all in the fireplace below.
    Do you shout down for someone to help pull you out and face the rather embarassing consequence? Or do you wait it out until everyone has gone and hope that it doesn't get too frosty (and that no one lights a fire below)? What will you do?
  • Options
    I consider the cameras and crowds an absolute blessing because that is HELP. And stuck in a chimney is a deadly situation if help doesn't get there fast. Embarrassment, who cares? We're talking life and limb, and an agonizing death, vs. being seen without pants? Let my freak flag fly! Get me outta here! If I were sleeping unclothed in summer, and there were a house fire, you bet I'd run outside naked and cupping my uglies. Any onlookers would be more than glad to throw me a blanket or anything to wrap up in, because nobody wants to see that. But I'd rather live down any embarrassment than die a horrible death.

Ok, here's one that actually happened to me when I was a young child, in low-cost/cheap after-school care that was little more than a kiddie kennel, when my mother was working and finishing her first Master's and had no other choices she could afford.

You're sitting at a table, everyone's having kool-aide and graham crackers, but because there are like 100 other people there and only a couple of bathrooms, you haven't found an opportunity to go to the restroom the first few times the urge hit. You now realize that the urge is back, and this time, it's THAT kind of dire. You're afraid to move. The pressure of the bench under you is all that's keeping your pants clean at this point. You clench your cheeks and pray. But now you realize the bathroom is, momentarily, empty. Do you make a dash for it even though it feels like the moment you move, the worst will happen? Or do you wait with gritted teeth, hoping the need will once again subside, giving you the chance to make it...assuming someone else isn't in there by then? Waving down an adult for help is hopeless. There are two staff and sooo many kids and the staff don't pay attention to anything short of a bloody nose anyway. The staff are also really mean, even cruel, to kids who have accidents: you've witnessed a child crying for their mama, being treated roughly and verbally abused while undressed and washed after an accident, more than once. You'd rather anything, than the staff find out, even if you did mess your pants.

Do you risk getting up now, or risk losing the chance at the bathroom? You've never messed your pants in your life and again, if the staff find out, it's going to be a whole lot worse than just going in your pants.

(rest assured, there are now regulations such that so many kids and so few bathrooms and so few adult staff, is pretty much illegal/could never happen. Those were the bad old days)

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Blimey. First of all, really sorry that you had to go through that.

Younger me would have been terrified in that situation. I used to have a big fear of being shouted at. If the adults are distracted I think I'd have to make a dash for it, and if there was a slight accident I'd try and wash it off before anyone else came in, then rush back and discreetly pretend to play somewhere away from everyone so no one would notice anything suspicious. As a child I was quite good at discretion if the situation required it.

You are stuck twenty years into the future, after your time machine ran out of electricity. Whilst waiting for it to charge, you take a walk around the very futuristic looking city. You spy a familiar looking face in a cafe window, peer in for a closer look and are shocked to see that it is your future self! Your future self is looking in good health. They/you haven't spotted you yet. There is a temptation here; do you go in, introduce yourself and ask about what's going to happen in the next twenty years?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    That's a good one! One the one hand, we've all heard about the reality-unraveling paradox of meeting ourselves in a different timeline (Don't Cross the Streams! hehe) so that would be a real concern. On the other hand, why would meeting my future self, be any different from meeting future people who aren't me? So if nothing bad happens from meeting someone else, why would something bad happen from meeting myself?

However, if my future self looks in fine fettle, what if now interacting with them means I'd mess it up somehow by making different choices? Then again, what if my future self is in such good health BECAUSE I engaged with them at this time and learned from them what to do or avoid? I have to do it. I go up and introduce myself, bracing for serious disillusionment about what is to come in my own near future, and what I must do to get through it, hoping my future self remembers having done this, and doesn't freak out and slay me on the spot. Which would present a paradox also.

No worries about bad childhood scenarios, was just having a hard time thinking of something and that came to mind. Came through it all. My generation had it rougher in some ways (casual disregard bordering on neglect, happened a lot...adults just seemed really wrapped up in themselves) but on the other hand, we weren't helicoptered and bubble-wrapped either. We had privacy and a lot more autonomy than kids who came later, were granted. It would be nice if our society could find a middle ground.

So: you had to pull over when your car broke down on a winter night, and you're a few miles from anything. Worse, no cell reception here so you can't make a call. It's snowy out but not a blizzard or high winds or anything serious and you're dressed moderately fine for the weather, not expecting a 5 mile hike, though. In this isolated backcountry road, you have no idea when the next car might pass by, but even if they do, you can't count on anyone stopping to render assistance because everyone assumes you have a cellphone or is afraid it might be a Bad Person faking needing assistance. So assistance from any motorist who might pass through, is uncertain. In fact, you feel aware of the fact that you're unarmed and anyone who stops, might or might not have your best interest at heart.

Do you stay with your vehicle and hope for the best? You have enough gas in the car to stay warm a while at least, hoping for help, but if help doesn't come, you'll face the long walk already cold, and hungry. Or, you could hoof it the 5 miles in the cold and dark, while you're still fresh and energized. Either scenario could mean someone stops to help, or someone decides you're an easy target. Possibly neither, but if help doesn't come soon, time spent in the cold is your enemy. Which is the better course of action?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    If I go walking in the dark, there is a good chance I would forget where my car is and also a good chance I might get lost (unless it's just one road straight back to the nearest town). Either way I don't fancy my chances walking along a freezing, unlit road, wearing nothing that will make me visible to speeding drivers until the last minute (at night in many parts of the British countryside, the roads turn into a racetrack, even the narrow ones).
    I would take my chances with flagging someone down. I definitely look more like a target than someone threatening, so might take a precaution or two (e.g. heavy bunch of keys ready in hand, just in case I need to defend myself. I also know a few karate/ kickboxing moves for getting out of attacks though would really hope I don't have to actually attempt this!). I'd try and look out for either a works vehicle, police car, driver with a dog or a family car with children (something that looks safe) and hope for the best. Either that or I'd have to sleep in my car until morning then do the walk.

You are stuck inside the world of your favourite book. What will you do?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    My favorite book...what is my favorite book, then? Wow. One favorite book. I'm really picky with my reading so am a bit of a lunatic about my favorites. The one I have read over and over again in my life starting in early childhood, to the point I can still see certain pages in my mind's eye and recite poems from, would be Alice Through The Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll. But being stuck in that book would ROT. I'd kill all those insanely insulting needlessly abusive characters that point more to the unendurable social constraints of Victorian femininity seen through an absurdist lens, than anything else.

So how about the Harry Potter books? I'd be an honorary Weasley, some far-flung cousin who is like a long-lost triplet to Fred and George because those two are my absolute favorites. I'd go into business with George at the joke shop, after...avoiding a spoiler here..after an event everyone who read the series knows happened.

I hate to admit I'm running out of ideas for this game, but others' scenarios are so much fun to think about.

I just can't. Can someone else take my turn at making a scenario, please? I won't answer it, so I won't wind up clogging the works.

xicwqMCm.jpg