August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

You Are Stuck [Game]

«13
daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 106 Member
edited July 4 in Off Topic Chat
It's a new month, so that calls for new beginnings. Start fresh. Focus on the good and try to be less on a 'stuck' point of view.
Though ironically, I wanted to begin a thread where we go back and forth with a 'You are stuck...' prompt.

It goes something like this:

"You are stuck in/on..."
"You are stuck between..."
"You are stuck trying to..."
And so on.

The scenario is followed by a question — it can be creative, thought-provoking, simple. Anything you feel like asking that pertains to the situation you present, whether it's a who/what/when/why/how/whatever question.

Answer the one above you and then follow up with your own 'You are stuck' scenario.

_____

You are stuck on an island with an unpredictable wizard, strange scientist, and deadly hunter. Who do you team up with for survival?
Post edited by daydreams on
“And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
aH6O0kG.gif

Comments

  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 462 Member
    edited July 1
    Hmmm. I'd pick the wizard as if there was a face off between all three, I believe they would be the most likely victors, plus we could teleport home. Unless of course the unpredictablity is that their powers sometimes don't work!
    I wouldn't trust the hunter not to turn me into dinner in order to survive.
    The scientist was tempting too but if there happens to be no scrap vehicles/ abandoned facilities to build things out of then that scuppers the chances of getting home.

    Good game!

    You are stuck (literally) between a mountain of sweet rock and a mountain of 100% dark chocolate. Which do you eat your way through to get free? 😁
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 106 Member
    Hmmm. I'd pick the wizard as if there was a face off between all three, I believe they would be the most likely victors, plus we could teleport home. Unless of course the unpredictablity is that their powers sometimes don't work!
    I wouldn't trust the hunter not to turn me into dinner in order to survive.
    The scientist was tempting too but if there happens to be no scrap vehicles/ abandoned facilities to build things out of then that scuppers the chances of getting home.

    Good game!

    You are stuck (literally) between a mountain of sweet rock and a mountain of 100% dark chocolate. Which do you eat your way through to get free? 😁

    Nice analysis leading to your answer!

    I'm going for the dark chocolate.

    You are stuck in a jar of tomato sauce. How do you feel?
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 63,617 Member
    Sticky and not happy. I don't like stickiness.

    You are stuck between going thru a rain forest with vicious animals, or thru a hot desert, with limited food/water/survival kit supplies, and would take about 3 days to get out of either. Which path do you take?
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    US90GMx.gif
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 106 Member
    Ah. I really considered the hot desert and deal with daily rations, but I’m going to take my chances with the rainforest so my skin won’t feel like it’s melting off. I’ll try to avoid the vicious creatures as much as possible through my attentiveness. But for three days I must be encountering something so I have some confidence that I probably have enough resources to battle what comes my way.

    You are stuck in a new universe where you must speak only in rhymes, or only speak your words backwards. What do you say?
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 462 Member
    Olleh? Seod enoyna wonk erehw I ma?

    To then get out of the universe, you are stuck with a choice of two portals. Through one you can see a world of volcanoes and molten lava. Through the other one you can't see the destination and have no idea where you'll end up. Which do you jump through?
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 106 Member
    Volcanoes and molten lava. I might regret it but I would prefer to know where I'm going and I won't 1) immediately disappear from existence/possibly die and 2) end up in a place where my biggest fear might be and idk if I want to take that chance now. 😅

    You are stuck in prison due to being responsible for an international wipeout of fake moustaches. Why did you do it?
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,189 Member
    Because I'm in my dream

    You wake up in the midnight and see this when you turn round on the bed:
    NhLjcF.jpg
    And he dressing like this
    NhzT74.jpg
    But you're stuck in your bed. What will you do?
    C8cd0K.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited July 3
    Rub my eyes, turn to the side, and go to sleep. LOL. I’d probably think I’m hallucinating or something.

    You are stuck in a room with no way out except for 3 doors. The first one leads to starving shark-infested waters in the ocean, the second one leads to a room filled with poisonous gas, and the third one leads to a savannah with three lions that haven’t eaten in 3 years. Which one do you choose?
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
    giaaaw.gif
    the darkest nights produce the brightest stars.✧
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 4
    Ain't trying to be ripped apart. But, (reluctantly) door 3. I wanted to choose the option that would give me a fighting chance.
    I know I won't do well in water.

    You are stuck in the secret laboratory of a mad scientist: one who possesses the serum to save a person you don’t care about, but you owe that person a great debt. The alarms go off—the only way to escape is through a tunnel but there are guards outside, and the scientist and his crew are marching down the corridor. Various test tubes are marked and distanced apart: A (Cure), B (Weapon), C (Unlabeled, but the solution is gleaming a vibrant purple, almost making you dizzy with temptation when you go near it). You have time to grab only one. What’s your next course of action?
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 462 Member
    edited July 5
    The temptation is too great. In a moment of panic, I grab C, the gleaming purple stuff, and pour it over my head (no way am I drinking it). The scientist and his team barge in and don't appear to see me. To my relief, the solution doesn't burn or dissolve me but instead has turned me invisible!
    Whilst the scientist and co. are scratching their heads wondering what is going on, I pinch the other two serums (the cure for the person I need to save and the weapon because, well, saves anyone doing any damage with it and you never know...) and sneak past the guards. Mission accomplished! Now, how do I make myself visible again as this stuff doesn't seem to be wearing off...

    You are stuck with a magic lamp. Unfortunately the genie inside is a mean sod and instead of wishes, they give you a choice of two curses:
    One will grant you everlasting beauty, but your voice will always sound like Donald Duck.
    The other will grant you everlasting wisdom, but your skin will forever be green and covered with neon yellow warts.
    The genie will evaporate you on the spot if you refuse to choose a curse. Which do you choose?
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 6
    Everlasting wisdom! Then maybe I can use my powerful knowledge to conjure up a skincare solution to improve my skin. Or maybe it doesn’t work like that since it’s a curse. LOL. I should maintain it, at least. Better have my forever green skin and neon yellow warts looking the best. ;)

    You are stuck in a mystery/horror film. What is your role?
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited July 6
    Killer!

    You are stuck in a room and in order to escape you need to eat an entire jar of Mayo or incredibly spicy hot sauce.
    Note; Both the bottles are the same size. The Mayo is also a little off and the hot sauce will always be too spicy for you.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 462 Member
    I'm not good with very spicy sauce but can't stand mayo, let alone a whole jar that has gone off. Plus I really don't like throwing up so would endure the pain and go with the spicy sauce.

    You are stuck at a crossroads in the middle of nowhere, and are completely lost. There is a signpost ahead.
    The left road is marked Certain Doom, the right is marked No Return, (though you wonder if these are just joke names).
    The sign pointing forwards has been broken off, but there are some nasty looking storm clouds in the distance.
    Which direction do you take?
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 106 Member
    Heading towards the broken sign. Who knows, a person ruined it since they don't want to lead others to the real path of safety. 🤔🤔🤔
    The nasty clouds are misleading. I've got a feeling that storm should clear up soon. 🤔

    You are stuck behind a tall gate that won't open unless one person is sacrificed in your team: childhood friend with excellent aim, potential lover with fast math skills, your mentor with 85 years of experience, and a stranger named Tim that just joined your journey 2 days ago because he needs to return to his kingdom, save it from destruction, and reunite with his lover—and insists he can't do it alone. Who are you leaving behind?
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 462 Member
    I'd leave Tim behind for two reasons: 1) He may well be lying about the whole quest thing and be planning to use us all to overthrow someone else's kingdom and take it for himself.
    2) Although he has all that stuff he needs to do, he doesn't seem to have any skills himself, which is probably why he needs the rest of us. He can pay us handsomely once we've saved his kingdom for him. (Wait a minute, that was his plan all along! Curse you Tim!!!)

    You are stuck with an entire world to rule, after a series of world disasters and clerical errors results with you being made President of the planet. What is your first decree?
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited July 9
    Restore social order and solve problems from the source
    daydreams wrote: »
    Ain't trying to be ripped apart. But, (reluctantly) door 3. I wanted to choose the option that would give me a fighting chance.
    Lions can't live without food for 3 years

    You're a student with hacking skill. One day a terrorist Danqing Zuo hijacks the whole school, you also stuck in school. He gives you two opinions for free hostages:
    1 - You poop on the playground in front of the whole school
    2 - Hack into school radio station and randomly plays the most awful noises in the world, such as the sound of playing the violin for the first time. You must play them at air defense alarm's volume, and cannot be interrupted within a week(the radio station can work continuously for more than a week). No one allow for use earplugs.
    If neither, he will bombed the septic tank and flood the school with poop, if the cops comes or someone tried to against him(includes alarm or break the camera)or choose the opinion 2 but use earplugs, he will also immediately press the remote control of the bomb in the septic tank. He observes everyone through the HD camera. Nothing can stopped him include the sun. What will you do?
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    C8cd0K.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 9
    Lions can't live without food for 3 years
    I was thinking of finding them an alternate source of food (I desperately hoped...even though they would've found food themselves already if that weren't an issue LOL) but once I'm found (probably immediately), yes it's game over.

    (Edit: Unless you were saying that the lions would be dead after having nothing to eat for years, I suppose it still being alive/with strength is hypothetical.)


    So nothing can stop him, not the sun, not a stake?! (You thought of everything. Even disallowing earplugs. Ruthless.) If you can't beat him, join him? I'm joking. I would never, at least not definitely. Where'd he even get all the poop from? Nevermind I shouldn't ask. I don't think we would click anyway. Since I do have a hacking skill, I might as well put it to use. I don't want to risk option 1. (I'm thinking that's where he gets his resources.) It's also the "easy" way out and I have better skills to put to use. I guess with option 2 by putting everyone through ear bleeding torture, I am technically doing some awful work for him. I know it's terrible but I'm going to do that. He frees hostages and then when his threats are over I'll leave school and be on the run as the nation's most wanted.

    Cause torture and leave? Cause torture and leave.
    Danqing Zuo ruined my life.
    Peace.

    ___

    You are stuck in a burning spaceship and there are three escape pods.
    Escape pod 1 has one alien with a series of probing instruments on their belt, escape pod 2 has two aliens (seems to be a non-stop fighting couple arguing in their mother tongue but they keep giving you strange looks, almost as if they find you intriguing or considering you for something), and escape pod 3 has flashing buttons that appear faulty and the pod itself looks like it's in poor condition— but it's empty. Where are you going?
    Post edited by daydreams on
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 2,767 Member
    Escape pod 2. They'd be too distracted from arguing to kill me. Maybe I could mediate their argument somehow and become their friend. XD

    You are stuck in a remote mountain lab. Pulling that lever with the skull symbol just to see what it did probably wasn't so smart, either, but now is not the time for regrets because you need to get away from these mutant zombies fast. With you are the janitor, the lab assistant, and the old professor. You've gotten a headstart, but there's only one way to safety: across an old rope bridge spanning a massive gorge.

    You can dash across in a minute, while the lab assistant takes two minutes. The janitor is a bit slower and needs five minutes, and the professor takes a whole ten minutes, holding onto the ropes every step of the way. By the professor's calculations, the zombies will catch up to you in just over 17 minutes, so you only have that much time to get everyone across and cut the ropes. Unfortunately, the bridge can only hold two people at a time. To make matters worse, it's so dark out that you can barely see, and the old lantern you grabbed on your way only illuminates a tiny area. Can you figure out a way to have everyone escape in time?

    Remember: no more than two people can cross the bridge together, anyone crossing must either hold the lantern or stay right next to it, and any of you can safely wait in the dark on either side of the gorge. Most importantly, everyone must be safely across before the zombies arrive. Otherwise, the first zombie could step on the bridge while people are still on it. Finally, there are no tricks to use here. You can't swing across, use the bridge as a raft, or befriend the zombies. (Got this riddle from YouTube.)
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
    giaaaw.gif
    the darkest nights produce the brightest stars.✧
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited July 9
    I originally wanted to say that killed the first zombie on the bridge
    Since only I have the lantern (Because if everyone has lantern it'll too simple), It wouldn't be trick to bring a person back to lighting
    The assistant and I cross the bridge first (2m), I come back (3m), I give the janitor the lantern, the janitor cross the bridge with the professor (because the professor needs to holding onto the ropes every step of the way, 13m), the janitor give the assistant the lantern, the assistant come back (15m), finally the assistant and I cross the bridge (17m)
    daydreams wrote: »
    Where'd he even get all the poop from?
    I mean after the septic tank is blombed, the poop flows out of it like this
    Warning: Graphic content that has been blurred
    UuePiR.jpg
    Although this was just a leak from the septic tank and just flooded one dormitory area. There were a rumor that the septic tank exploded
    Note: Not my school, I didn't go to college at the time. This's a sensational news

    You're a lawyer, there're some killers, you're stuck in a situation that can only defend one:
    - A mentally retar.ded person who was provoked, then started a mass murder (I remember there's a real life killer is similar to this, but I don’t remember his nameMartin Bryant, seems to be from Oceania and happened a long time ago)
    - A woman who killed her husband after being abused and violence control by him for a long time
    - A person (no mental issues) who killed a innocent person because of excessive nervousness
    - A serial killer who was severely brainwashed and totally lost his mind
    - An assassin of a gang, he has the most victims but never killed innocents. If the defense is successful, he'll give you a lot of benefits (including legal and illegal, you can also choose only legal ones)
    Who would you defend (can consider the difficulty of defense)?
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    C8cd0K.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
  • GracelishGracelish Posts: 99 Member
    For the purpose of playing the game, I'll go with the one with the advantageous consequence. That's the last one that offered a lot of benefits including legal and illegal. In real life, I don't think I would choose my client just for benefits in return. But since this is not real, I might as well go with the one that gives a reward other than the obvious reward of winning the case.

    All cases are unique and if I were choosing any other I think it would be fine. In terms of difficulty of defense, I don't know anything I guess it all depends on each client and the details of their cases.

    You are stuck with intense magical abilities and you must make a choice: have light magic and it's impossible to control, or dark magic and every time you use it, you gain a new allergy to something (it's random. sometimes it's a food, sometimes it's nature, etc.)?

    here's hoping we collide
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited July 12
    Depends on specific performance of impossible to control and degree of allergy. Literally only, I choose light magic because it's safer (if the impossible to control's meaning is sometimes may fail)

    You're stuck in a full train, there's still a long time to get off, but you have physical issues that can't stand for long, the aisle floor is dirty and slippery. There's only four empty seats:
    1. Bench, nearby is a gangster-looking guy who put his arm on the empty backrest, you can clearly see his tear tattoo under canthus. the seat is wide, probably because his action
    2. Bench, On the left and right sides are two sweaty hefty people, you can smell a stinking smell as you approach. Because they're too large, the seat is narrow
    3. Seats around the table, three teens are talking loudly, playing awful electronic music with mobile phones, the table and the ground are full of garbage. The trainman said he disciplined them, but soon they started again
    4. Seats around the table, three ethnic minorities people sit silently, motionless and expressionless. They wear traditional tribal clothing you haven't seen before, the table and floor are exceptionally clean
    What'll you do?
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    C8cd0K.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 462 Member
    I would go with number 4 because they seem the safest. I'm generally not a fan of asking groups of strangers if I can sit with them so I might just nod politely and slide into the chair. Hopefully they won't mind!

    After rescuing a moving bundle from a ditch, you discover you are stuck with a baby alien! It glows green, wriggles its tentacle legs at you and coos affectionately.
    You know you should probably hand it in to the police, but worry it may end up being studied in a secret lab somewhere. The baby seems harmless enough. In fact it's rather cute.
    Do you keep the alien and raise it as your own? Or do you turn it in to the authorities and wash your hands of the matter?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 4,910 Member
    tough one indeed! Which do I mistrust more: my ability to figure out how to keep it alive, what to feed it, etc, and whether it might actually be seriously dangerous now, or in the future? Or the government's moral imperatives toward it? I trust neither.

    But I deem the risks of my own inability to deal with any unknowns, greater than the risks of moral misdeeds...I guess I would have to turn it over to the feds? Very glad such a decision isn't likely.

    You are in a house fire, on the second floor, and can't get downstairs. You have a child of about 7 or 8, with you and a window, but no rope, and no time. Do you make the child jump out the window ahead of you, hoping you both survive the fall? Or do you go out the window first, in hopes that you'll then be able to catch the child, if you a) are conscious after the fall and b) you can get the child, to then jump to you?
    I have to get my head out of my asymptote.

  • CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 5,847 Member
    I would definitely make the kid jump first. Out of impulse. I know anything could be down there, but then again, any death of flailing would be better than a death by flames 🤷‍♀️

    You are stuck in a classic Mario Nintendo game until you win the very last round. You only have three lives though. How far do you think you would make it, and how would you eventually die (if you do die at all)?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited July 15
    I think I would choke, first thing. Because I'd get nervous. Unless I managed to be genuinely scared for my life and it came on suddenly, in which case, I might just make it because time would slow down, emotions go away, and my reflexes would speed up. Nah, that wouldn't work for the whole game, though. I'd die from nervous choking up, the minute I stopped being actively in fear for my life. HAHA

    You are stuck at a stopsign about to make a right turn, when you see a truck barreling down on you coming off a bridge from your left...and it has lost traction on the ice, can't slow or stop, and is heading right for an impact with your left rear passenger door, where an infant in a carseat is strapped in, right on the other side of that door. You have 1.5 seconds to make a decision and act on it. Do you a) hit the accelerator or b) try to put it in reverse?
    I have to get my head out of my asymptote.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top