Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Like The New Main Menu?

Comments

• Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited December 2020
    I Don't Like It
    I really don't like the menu screen its even worse than the last time they updated it. It's looks like a website now and not like a game anymore. why EA why
    I want back the one we got from february 2017 to july 2019 it was the best and cleanest version. And I really liked the renders.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm Neutral
    I think I like it better than the last one, but I honestly don't care. I see that menu for one second a day, provided I even play The Sims 4 that day, so it could basically be just a black screen with a "Play" button and I would be fine with it.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,450 Member
    Other...
    I chose "other" because I don't even know anymore, lol. It doesn't matter all that much because I'm just getting out of that screen to somewhere more interesting anyway. But...

I think I don't. My first impression was, "oh, god." And having the menu buttons on the right seem really weird to me. I feel like they should be back on the left because my instinct is to read left to right and the important stuff should be immediately accessible. (I know it's different in some countries, so that's my own culture talking.) The way it is, the advertising is in the forefront and it looks like Times Square with all of these ad windows in my face. (Obviously I'm not a fan of Times Square either. I get a little grouchy about aggressive advertising, lol.)

So... meh. It probably won't be the last menu. Once I know where my buttons are, that's all I care about. But I think I liked the last one better than this one.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2020
    I Don't Like It
    Knee-j e r k (you seriously censored that..?) reaction, I don't like it at all for now. Maybe once it's been around a while, it'll feel better 😅
    I do like the little greeting, I know it's the same for all of us but I like that it calls me by name 😂
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I Like It
    I like it. It seems very streamlined and I prefer it to the other main screens
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I Don't Like It
    Nope 2014 menú was the best. Then 2017. This looks like horrible ads you want gone from your life.
    But am I bothered? Nope. Never understand somes obsession with the menu screen. They keep changing it because simmers are never happy with it no matter what they do. As long as it has a play button I'm 😎😎😎😎
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I Don't Like It
    I'm not loving it but I'm not on the main menu for long so it's whatever. I still prefer the look of the older ones.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I'm Neutral
    It's okay. As long as the Load Game button is on the right side of the screen I'm good, I hated it when they had moved to the left for some time.

Out of curiosity, since I haven't patched yet, what does the screen look like for offline players? All white?
  • Options
    ZenSimbuildsZenSimbuilds Posts: 29 Member
    I Love It!
    Huge fan! Who would have thought they'd ever let us look at anything besides pack icons 24/7? lol
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I Hate It!
    Hate it! Reminds me of a webpage or blog, way too busy and distracting. Doesn't feel at all like a game's start menu to me. But, luckily I use the "Clean UI" mod that makes it look the way I like (which is still working perfectly with this update) so I don't have to see the new main screen. \o/
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I'm Neutral
    I just don't get why they feel the need to keep changing it...
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    I'm Neutral
    I'm rather neutral... but somethings are bothering me still.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I Don't Like It
    It might just be because it's still too new, but I'm not a huge fan. To me, it just looks too... busy.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited December 2020
    I Hate It!
    CK213 wrote: »
    I really don't want to see all that information when I load up the game.
    I don't know why the tab is labeled My Home. It looks like EA's home to me.
    Do a photo montage taken from my screenshots. That would make it My home.

Yep this sums up how I feel about it. Also it feels very disorganized...just stuff everywhere
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I Don't Like It
    I normally don’t care about this stuff, but I don’t like this one. When I loaded my game today there was a big ad for Vampires on it. So I guess this big wide space is going to showcase all the packs that don’t appeal to me. But it ends up making it feel like I am playing a game about Vampires when I know I am not. Does that make sense? I’m sure I’ll get used to ignoring it, but it just sorta rubs me the wrong way for now.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I'm Neutral
    Meh, it's too Angelfire for me. But in all honesty, it could be a big white screen with a giant play button with new game and load game under it, and I wouldn't care.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I Don't Like It
    I find it too messy. Its either info I don't care about or info I already know and have seen many many times. I also like to have everything in one place, like how they previously displayed all the packs. Less clicks to find the info you need, is good. Its not like there are so many packs, they can't find room for the icons there. Just make the "news" smaller.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I'm Neutral
    The play button is easy to find. That's all I really care about at that point in the game.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,433 Member
    I'm Neutral
    The new look has some good and bad things.
    what I like :
    - the packs you own or don't own are not shoved in your face all the time.
    What I don't like :
    - when you look the packs, you see covers instead of icons.
    - the icons for gallery and options are moved and no longer match the situation ingame.

All in all I am not bothered too much. Only the buttons for options and the gallery feel out of place and need time to get used too.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    I'm Neutral
    I mean, it's the menu. I'm whatevs on it, I guess.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    walkingonionwalkingonion Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm Neutral
    I don't really care about the main menu that much, but I just want all the packs to fit in 1 page so I can easily capture all the packs I have... I know, for me I just want to show off my collections. haha
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm Neutral
    I like the part that doesn't look babyish, however the important main menu parts was very hard to find in the mess of things. At first I wasn't sure how I could get back into my playing because of all the new clutters. Also, I was hoping to finally have the Snowy Escape as my main picture page. Oh well. :(
  • Options
    NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    I'm Neutral
    I don't see why they have to keep changing their look. It's like a teenage girl who can't decide on which outfit to choose. Just pick one and move on!
    Let there be Fairies! o:)