Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homebound Holiday Gift Exchange ~ Closed!

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,434 Member
    Hello, my buddy @BreeMiles . :) I've been having lots fun making some things for you, and I hope you have fun with them, too.
    Your first gift is a house for a waterfront area. I placed it for the pictures at 455 Sunnyside Blvd in Sunset Valley. You'll see I used willows in the yard instead of palms like in the beach area there. My thinking was that the house would be appropriate in areas without palms as well and that it might be pretty along a river or lake.

Appliances, etc., have been upgraded to unbreakable where appropriate and to fire proof or self cleaning otherwise. The garden's plants are from buydebug. I thought since you like to skill up your sims, Bree, you might also like them to develop their gardens. Most of the plants don't require much gardening skill, although there may be a couple in there that do.

Gift 1 - Coastal Cottage

X7plbgV.jpg?1

Download here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9431714
    Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/YU0fkJ6

For those who might not know me very well, I have a thing about hiding little things, like smoke alarms, burglar alarms, clothes hampers. Those things are in there, whether or not you see them right away. Hampers are often under counters, maybe under a dresser, and sims *can* access them to do the laundry. Since things have been made fire proof, the indoor smoke alarms, while there, shouldn't really be needed except for rare things like flaming birthday cakes - or if you replace the stove or a fireplace and don't upgrade the new ones.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    My buddy is @oliv3.

I liked being your buddy. I never build Berry stuff so that was fun. I didn't build you anything historical, despite me asking additional questions about it (via Addy). I was planning to build something historical but my muse took me in another direction. A little warning though: I went a bit overboard and that's probably an understatement. :# My muse is a workaholic. o:)<3 For the occasion I had the same store downloads installed as you so I couldn't accidentally use a store item you don't have in your game and Addy checked gift 1 and 2 with Custard so all is good to go. I hope you like it. Enjoy!

Oh, and I choose .PDF to be my wrapping paper.
    In some cases the download link is in the .PDF file so you have to unwrap that first. :blush:

Gift 1: TS3 Berry Sims - Unwrap me please
    50684648583_b23731d6db_c.jpg

Gift 2: TS3 Berry House - Unwrap me please
    50685518642_d6b894a256_c.jpg

Gift 3: TS3 Empty Worlds - Unwrap me please
    50685553227_aecca73ef3_c.jpg

Gift 4: CAW Tutorial - How to make a tiny world in CAW
    50685449866_20c1138e7d_c.jpg

Gifts for all buddies
    Although everybuddy is more than welcome to download the other gifts as well, these gifts I made specifically for all buddies (including our host and ciane). If you like the gifts and want to use them, awesome. If not, that's fine too. @60smusicluvr @BreeMiles @Charlottekn @cmbaker16 @GraceyManor @Hidehi @LMC6255 @Mmdrgntobldrgn @MsPrissy88 @oliv3 @Puddinroy @Rflong7 @SamelaRita @soocoolsim @suzses @TEXASKITTYKAT @ADWilson @ciane. I'm going to tag @ErnesaT also for this one. I was in her scavenger hunt for months and as a result I was gifted so many cool store items so I would like to include her for this.

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @soocoolsim
    Your gift has been checked and is good to go.

What a perfect gift for Puddinroy!
    Your presentation is terrific and I agree with suzses, wonderful use of those poses.
  • Options
    @suzses

What a perfect gift for BreeMiles!
    The layout is spacious, the color palette calm and soothing .. the furniture looks super comfortable .. put together makes a home that soothes the soul. I would not be a fan of cleaning this but would love one in my size, lol
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

I've had an absolutely fun-tastic time creating my buddy's gift even though I have been going through one paper bag after another to combat the rising panic attacks ever since Addy revealed the names ;) ...
    What on earth could I gift such an incredibly awesome creator as you my dear
    After quite a bit of umming and ahing I finally decided to build one more lot for your wonderful Orient Express Collaboration Project and I hope you will find it useful.
    So without further ado you can now open Gift No 1 ... my interpretation of the Piazzetta dei Leoncini

wm7fM53.jpg?1

mn4vQyl.png

Download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9431722

I'm keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 that you and your sims will have as much fun exploring the plaza as I've had building it :D 🤗 x
  • Options
    @SimLibby
    Gift 1 and 2 have been checked and are good to go.
    Gift 4 doesn't need checking nor do the gifts for everyone.
    Gift 3 uses a format that can't be checked. :#

These gifts are perfect for oliv3!
    It's neat how you noticed pieces of wishes here and there, pulling them together to make a delightful and colorful gift with even a bit of challenge to it.

My goodness, you have been busy!
    Those additional guides will certainly come in handy when Buddies wish to add a bit of variety to their games.
    CAW always seemed like a secret puzzle where I was not given the key to figuring it out. Your tutorial and CAW resource guide are well written! I might not create one but it certainly gives me a better appreciation for those who do!
  • Options
    Good Morning,
    @60smusicluvr @BreeMiles @Charlottekn @cmbaker16 @GraceyManor @Hidehi @LMC6255 @Mmdrgntobldrgn @MsPrissy88
    @oliv3 @Puddinroy @Rflong7 @SamelaRita @SimLibby @soocoolsim @suzses and @TEXASKITTYKAT

A few gifts have been given so here's a good opportunity to remind all of you about two posts on the front page of this thread.
    Buddy Gifts: A to M
    Buddy Gifts: N to Z

All gifts are listed there and will have an o:) icon next to them indicating they have been custard checked and are clean.
    Gifts that don't need custard checking will mention that.
    Gifts that don't pass custard with have an :'( icon with an explanation as to why not.
    Gifts that have other things worth noting will also be mentioned.

Please take a look there before downloading and installing to your game.
  • Options
    oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member

MY BUDDY –

Congratulations, you have won the HGTV sweepstake! To sneak peak your prize, please see spoiler and to claim there's a link download below!

Pine Ranch is a 2 bedroom + 3 full baths with an outdoor kitchen and fireplace to keep those outdoor loving sims cozy in the wintertime. The 1-story layout can make it easy on the elderly sims or for you to keep an eye out for everyone ;). Pine Ranch would look beautiful in some of your worlds listed—Hidden Springs, Sunset Valley or in your beautiful world, Woody Lakes. Right now, the ranch is lightly decorated for the holidays (free décor from the store). Feel free to delete though! Some other store content used but not a whole boat load!

Pine Ranch’s exterior and interior inspired by HGTV and Pinterest.
    7cgSD9u.jpg

3BFd0u5.jpg

AbyB11l.jpg

Pictures
    Download
  • Options
    @Hidehi

This gift is perfect for soocoolsim!
    No need for further paper bags, rest easy and know your gift is a thoughtful one. It offers Sims plenty of things to do, where they can see and be seen. One thing that surprised me was this being a 40x40 .. I incorrectly assumed it was a larger lot so kudos to you for fitting as much as you did on this!
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited December 2020
    Wow! I got up and checked the thread and there's such a variety of gifts even with just the first three.
    @soocoolsim I love those brothers, and their poses, and like @suzses I'm sure they'll be a blast to play. And talking of suzses, that coastal cottage of yours is lovely.
    @SimLibby I love your house too - and the people that go with it. I see what you mean about your muse being a workaholic! You've done a phenomenal amount of work there.
    @Hidehi , you're my buddy! And seeing as we're in much the same time zone, you might well be awake too. You said you could use something for an alpine town, and seeing as we went to Pertisau and had a lovely time there (twice!), I trawled through my photographs from those holidays in search of inspiration. Gift one is based on a house we saw in Pertisau itself.

This is the link to the back story (when did I ever not have a story!)
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/12/eidelweiss-house.html

Thisis the household:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9431727

The house:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9431725

House and household together:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9431726

And some pictures of the house!
    Ijeyj4.jpg
    lQs7NG.jpg

• Options
    @oliv3

This gift is perfect for LMC!
    This home has charm and curbside appeal. The interior colors and wood accents creates a cozy place for Sims to come home to or entertain friends.
  • Options
    @SamelaRita
    Your gifts have been checked and are good to go.

This gift is perfect for Hidehi!
    The house is charming as is its occupants. Am sure the old world charm will weave its spell around them and they'll come to count their blessings that led them here.
  • Options
    The gifts have been checked and the posts on the 1st page of this thread have been updated.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Oh my goodness!@#$%^

@SimLibby

I am super-duper excited to try out berry sims!!!! I have to leave for work soon and honestly can’t wait to download the sisters and their house once I get off!

Kiwi Sunflower & Lavender Plum are some good-looking sims and their creatives names I adore. Not only do their color schemes fit them nicely but so do their traits. Thank you for the helpful guide on downloading SavedSims or I’ll be totally lost! Certainly, appreciate that added touch! Thank you for adding the challenge, it’s definitely something I want to try with Kiwi and Lavender. Can’t wait to see where it leads with them!

The Berry house looks very cozy and fits the sisters’ narrative very well! I love the interior and the exterior of the house. For whatever reason, I love freaking greenhouses so super stocked to see one! Excited to download and take a closer look. May just have to use freerealestate cheat and move them early before they can cough up the funds ;)

AM I READING THIS WRITE! You deleted all the houses, venues, rabbitholes and households and 5 worlds!! I can’t even imagine the time that took! I am literally over the moon right now, but that is definitely something I desperately needed. Again, I’d be lost without your helpful guide!!

OMG you literally wrote out a tutorial on how to build a tiny world. I have the CAW tool, but only briefly attempted to make a world months ago. This gives me hope!! Now, I have a million ideas spinning for tiny worlds!

The use of .pdf to wrap your gifts was brilliant— detailed as well as easy to read and follow. You definitely went above and beyond with these creative gifts. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face along with some good game play content. I am off to work, but truly can’t wait to race home and start playing with my gifts. SAVED THE GUIDES

edit - Forgot to tag my buddy!! Lol I was so excited to document my reaction to each gift
    Post edited by oliv3 on
  • Options
    @oliv3 I love the look of Pine Ranch - can I move in there too? And it looks super-romantic in the snow too.
    @Hidehi That's awesome (or should that be AweSim!) and I can't wait to look at it myself.
  • Options
    You sure can @SamelaRita! However, the only requirement is create timeless memories in the home!
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

My dearest @SamelaRita :D

what an absolutely fabulous surprise!!! Love, love ... LOVE it all 😍!!!! Eidelweiss House is absolutely gorgeous, the household will be sooo much fun to play with and such an awesome story too!!! Thank you ever so much ! You've made me very very happy 🤗x

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I will get my gift up later today.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @Rflong7 I had the greatest pleasure being your buddy I have some gifts for you today and I really hope you like them. You said in your letter you were in a holiday mood I might have gone a little Christmas crazy with this first gift...
    Weather-Who Merry Weather-Who like all other who's in whoville just loved Christmas. However one year all the who's gathered together and said "Merry Weather-Who is just too much. They told her she had to tone down her Christmas spirit or she had to go. Now Merry Weather-Who lives outside of town sharing her Christmas spirit with all who come around.

Screenshot-29.jpg

and her with her home

Weather-Who Home -Merry Weather-Who and her over-extravagant Christmas home.

Screenshot-27.jpg

Screenshot-28.jpg
    I have a few more gifts for you so make sure you check back later or tomorrow(depends on if I can hold myself back or not LOL)
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Hello, @TEXASKITYKAT! You're my buddy. :mrgreen:

For your first gift, I present to you Skyborough Way. It's a more traditional home with some Victorian elements on the outside. The home has 5 bedrooms (1 is reserved for elders, guests, or a live-in maid/butler), 4 bathrooms, a laundry room, playroom and a pool. The home has lots of room on the exterior to add extra things if need be and it should be wide enough for the seasonal activities. Admittedly, I probably would have gone a different route for most of the upstairs. At the time, I thought this was going to be your one and only gift, but I was able to squeeze in a couple more during my Thanksgiving break. I was pretty desperate to squeeze in some purple or pink somewhere because I was concerned that the house as a whole may be too dark for your tastes. Still, I hope you enjoy this home.

NnPttT1.jpg

I'm super excited to share with you the last couple gifts, but until then here is the link to
    Skyborough Way
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2020
    Happy Gifting Day! I actually finished something. :blush:

My Buddy is SamelaRita :mrgreen:

It took me so long because I was in such a "Make Holiday Colorful! WEee! Christmas fun!" mindset that I was confused on how to do you a gift.
    I realized you said you don't want to much red, I gave you red :blush: You said you don't want much orange, I gave you orange... probably some purple in there too. My mind has been scattered lately, I apologize. But, you said you like Autumn. I also give you Autumn...

SamelaRita, I made for you a perpetually Autumn island (except when it’s Winter :lol: ). A lonely island surrounded by mountains. It’s named Atira Island Build. :)

The island is hopefully a place where you can write stories and build.
    I used expansions (but not Into the Future). No Stuff packs or Store packs

30 empty lots (1 little boat)
    Large map/small area.
    zT63vWs.png
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9431757
    Overview
    LeOWBAu.jpg

Some views around the island
    3Ol5kW4.jpg

fRyK8oU.jpg

3y9WUn2.jpg

T6KRzvb.jpg

RXm1Z6p.jpg

0yltRoW.jpg

NuVY6vt.jpg

Vfn1icj.jpg

nGcltvC.jpg

I hope you like it. @SamelaRita
    Why did I put build in the name? Well…

Big thanks to ADWilson for Hosting the Gifting- helping/testing, and to Ciane with ideas/testing. :heart:

• Options
    @cmbaker16 wrote: »
    Rflong7 I had the greatest pleasure being your buddy I have some gifts for you today and I really hope you like them. You said in your letter you were in a holiday mood I might have gone a little Christmas crazy with this first gift...
    Weather-Who Merry Weather-Who like all other who's in whoville just loved Christmas. However one year all the who's gathered together and said "Merry Weather-Who is just too much. They told her she had to tone down her Christmas spirit or she had to go. Now Merry Weather-Who lives outside of town sharing her Christmas spirit with all who come around.

Screenshot-29.jpg

and her with her home

Weather-Who Home -Merry Weather-Who and her over-extravagant Christmas home.

Screenshot-27.jpg

Screenshot-28.jpg
    I have a few more gifts for you so make sure you check back later or tomorrow(depends on if I can hold myself back or not LOL)

OMGOodness! I just love it. Heeeheee - you have made me smile so big and giggle. :loL:
    Thank you so much. She is Perfect and the House is Awesome! Thank you so much. :heart:
  • Options
    @cmbaker16 That's the most amazing Christmas build I think I've seen in a long time! :D
    @60smusicluvr I love the architecture of that home - and I'm in awe of the amazing roofs. I have such problems with those: I don't know how you've managed to make them so seamless.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @Rflong7 you are welcome! i was smiling and giggle to myself as I worked on it, it was so much fun to put together :D
    @SamelaRita Thank you, I believe it's my first Christmas build but I could not help myself LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @SamelaRita Oops- I forgot to tag you for your Gift.... Go up ^^

@ADWilson I'm now having trouble signing into my TS3 page. I switched accounts and - nothing. I hope it works later today because I have 1 more gift. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top