Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation 2020 (2nd December Patch Out Now)Dec 14th 2020

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2020

Yes holiday makeup,an actual Santa suit,stockings to hang on the mantle and ginger bread houses.

I really need a santa suit! Kris Kringle would love to stop making do with this outfit.

50662082831_70440a07e5_b.jpg

Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Hope it fixes Father Christmas. If you play in winter he's bloating the save file and causing the game to crash,freeze,lag etc.

Oh nice to know... my save is almost in winterfest. I may disable the fest altogether if it's going to cause all that mess!

Yes it's Santa's beard that is causing the game to create a lot of Father Winter's.
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    edited November 2020
    Is it too much to hope for editable career/school uniforms? I just want to put glasses on my Mt. Komorebi teenager's school uniform!
  • Options
    chickenow wrote: »
    Once again this patch will be massave with new skintones and a slider for both skintones and makeup. 2 Hairstyles are getting updated including the afro from the base game.

I'm also hoping for lots of bug fixes in this patch for both pc/mac and the consoles. I'm hoping that some of these fixes are to Snowy Escape. Also the platforms are very buggy as well as the stairs. There is one glitch with platforms that you can see a hole in them. The stairs for a lot of people can't be used if you have platforms and there is an aging bug that won't let you age up sims regardless of age with the cake.

Is the afro fix coming in December? I've heard they were working on it but it's taking time.
    Sorry to be nit-picking, thats been the one I'm waiting on in particular as I've loathed it since launch day!

One of the gurus recently said it was but that could have changed if their having more time to get it to work.
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm expecting it to just be the skin tones we already know about and some fixes. Not really looking forward to the patch to be honest as I know it'll probably break my cc skin. Probably gonna turn automatic updates off for this one

Don't forget about the makeup slider and the opacity feature.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I hope that the new skin tone sliders don't screw up the look of a perfect suntan. Because the last thing I would want see is my tanned sims having their skin the color of an orange peel.
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    I'd rather have some New Year content for a change, there's already enough Christimas stuff in the game.
  • Options
    writer21098writer21098 Posts: 19 Member
    > @EdithV said:
    > What will this break now 😂

Honestly...it will probably break all custom skintones, makeup and if they mess with ui...More Columns mod by Weerbesu. But in the end, it's not EA's fault if the patch breaks mods...and don't even ask whos fault it is because I don't know.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    My bold hope also -> new base game world
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I'd rather have some New Year content for a change, there's already enough Christimas stuff in the game.

Oh that would be nice, because I celebrate New Year, not Christmas, but what is considered New Year content in the US? I have no idea (except what we already have in Seasons) 😅

Personally I don't expect anything from this patch rather than skintones. I will be very happy with only that, I'm curious to see how sliders will work.
    Oh, and some bug fixes too, please. But I actually don't expect too many, they are usually slow with fixes.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I'd like to have a bush with lights. It is pretty common to decorate bushes in your front yard with lights for Christmas.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited December 2020
    @catloverplayer is there a holiday update you would like to see
    I want hot coco my sims can make at home or maybe candy Cains

yes I want this too and a gingerbread house that the kids could make, gingerbread cookies and a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing.

OH I also what a Christmas tree with multicolor lights and more decoration options for the tree.
  • Options
    somewhsome wrote: »

Oh that would be nice, because I celebrate New Year, not Christmas, but what is considered New Year content in the US? I have no idea (except what we already have in Seasons) 😅

Personally I don't expect anything from this patch rather than skintones. I will be very happy with only that, I'm curious to see how sliders will work.
    Oh, and some bug fixes too, please. But I actually don't expect too many, they are usually slow with fixes.

We're also getting makeup sliders and an opacity feature.
  • Options
    I'd like to have a bush with lights. It is pretty common to decorate bushes in your front yard with lights for Christmas.

Yes me too.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

We're also getting makeup sliders and an opacity feature.

Yeah, I just meant all sliders — for skintones and makeup too. That would be interesting.
  • Options
    Since the Emergency Patch 2 broke the Make a Move interaction (It no longer shows) I hope this will be fixed next week. I filed a bug report on the official HQ Bug Forum.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    If there's a new basegame world I might have to do the dreaded updates!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @February11 Where did they mention that?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    AyKooChao wrote: »

I think he's guessing. I wish we could get another New Crest but something that looks much different and with swimmable lakes.
  • Options
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    AyKooChao wrote: »

I think he's guessing. I wish we could get another New Crest but something that looks much different and with swimmable lakes.

This is where I got it from, someone hoping, not actually saying.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Since the Emergency Patch 2 broke the Make a Move interaction (It no longer shows) I hope this will be fixed next week. I filed a bug report on the official HQ Bug Forum.
    Interesting! I was playing Kalin and her fiance on the PS4 version last week. And I had the 2 of them on a love seat getting a little romantic with each other. And I got the Make a Move interaction on both of them. And this was after that emergency hotfix patch that was released the week following the release of SE.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Yes. It is just my hope as new swatches for furnitures. I am female btw.
  • Options
    Yes. It is just my hope as new swatches for furnitures. I am female btw.

I thought they were referring to me as being male, I'm female too :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Interesting! I was playing Kalin and her fiance on the PS4 version last week. And I had the 2 of them on a love seat getting a little romantic with each other. And I got the Make a Move interaction on both of them. And this was after that emergency hotfix patch that was released the week following the release of SE.

It was the maxis premade sims I downloaded causing this issue.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    sunman502 wrote: »

It was the maxis premade sims I downloaded causing this issue.
    Sorry to hear that CLP, I hope that they release a patch to fix that. It was probably something that they had overlooked when testing out those 2 characters.