Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation 2020 (2nd December Patch Out Now)Dec 14th 2020

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Once again this patch will be massave with new skintones and a slider for both skintones and makeup. 2 Hairstyles are getting updated including the afro from the base game.

I'm also hoping for lots of bug fixes in this patch for both pc/mac and the consoles. I'm hoping that some of these fixes are to Snowy Escape. Also the platforms are very buggy as well as the stairs. There is one glitch with platforms that you can see a hole in them. The stairs for a lot of people can't be used if you have platforms and there is an aging bug that won't let you age up sims regardless of age with the cake.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Yes I’m ready for a new patch, especially one that fixes that cabbage afro. It’s a dream come true, been wanting that for years!
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    edited November 2020
    My guess is that they will not fix many things from snowy escape in December patch, we will get the emergency hot fix now and then, with lucky, we can get the stairs or platforms bugs fixed. Beside that, I think they are following the timeline, that means they will keep focusing on eco lifestyle fixes.

But they probably stoped whatever they are looking to fix to solve the crash issue. Don’t know if they will get time enough to fix many others things.
    Hopefully I am wrong.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited November 2020
    Just an FYI but the 13th is a Sunday. That doesn’t sound right to me! :smile:
    Also I’m pretty sure I read in the blog post it was going to be the 8th (or 10th I can’t quite remember exactly!)
  • Options
    But, why not babies? It could be a good surprise feature
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited November 2020
    I dread patches now. It's like one step forward but two steps back. It's worse when they break the things that are fundamental to one's game.
    Post edited by calaprfy on
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

I can say that this is pretty legit(the tag I mean) they never included baby tag before in the game xml.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    also before the toddler update there was an ageing bug now there's an ageing bug
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    @izecson wrote: »

I can say that this is pretty legit(the tag I mean) they never included baby tag before in the game xml.

That’s just not true. A quick search found a post from 2016 and they were already using the baby tag under test_globals back then.
    also they are still adding the unused_flag in the new coding
    such as this code which was made for kids stuff pack
    vnab1U4.png

i hope they are really working on them.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Also the update is on Dec 8th, not 13th. Dec 13 is a Sunday.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2020
    I just hope that the CAS update will work fine, that's what I am mostly hoping for with the december update. I don't really need more content this year, just release a working skin tone update, patch the game so that people who are having problems playing the game without it crashing so they can play it and I am happy.

And yeah, I would not read too much into those tuning files, they had codes for horses back with the cat's and dogs pack if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Also the update is on Dec 8th, not 13th. Dec 13 is a Sunday.

Oops my bad. I ll correct that.
  • Options
    We may get a free holiday update Dec 8th as well.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2020
    I wish they fix some of the glitches and bugs brought by last patch

build mode is getting very wonky with lots of nonsense glitches with walls and platforms

especially round ones turned out to be ingredient for disaster soup

i just really hope skintones and makeup slider does not get added to the disaster soup and they are able to add them without big bug fest so i don't dare to hope for other big additions this time around
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    After our last patch I’m not looking forward to this one. I will wait it out to see the issues that other players will get.
  • Options
    We may get a free holiday update Dec 8th as well.

I think so to @catloverplayer
  • Options
    @catloverplayer is there a holiday update you would like to see
    I want hot coco my sims can make at home or maybe candy Cains
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    There is an emergency hot patch coming to console ASAP. So some of these bugs that's been plaguing the console version maybe fix sooner than the Dec patch, ( Hopefully ).
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I dread patches now. It's like one step forward but two steps back. It's worse when they break the things that are fundamental to one's game.

Same here I’m now dreading the patches they seem to break so much in the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Comment edited because it was the wrong thread, lmao
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »

Same here I’m now dreading the patches they seem to break so much in the game.
    This is to expected when there's a lot of stuff in a game. The new patch is almost always going to break something in the game.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2020
    if theres free holiday contents though i wish we get window/wall lights in different shapes and colors
    Christmas-and-Holiday-Window-Lights.gif

cause there isn't really any and i was struggling so hard last year to moo something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options

Yes holiday makeup,an actual Santa suit,stockings to hang on the mantle and ginger bread houses.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Yes holiday makeup,an actual Santa suit,stockings to hang on the mantle and ginger bread houses.

Oh, I would love a gingerbread house that sims with high baking skill could build.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    if theres free holiday contents though i wish we get window/wall lights in different shapes and colors
    Christmas-and-Holiday-Window-Lights.gif

cause there isn't really any and i was struggling so hard last year to moo something

I want that to