Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation 2020 (2nd December Patch Out Now)Dec 14th 2020

12346...Next

Comments

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited December 2020
    EA: releases +100 new skin tones
    Me: I literally cannot make the skin colour I wanted to make...

Also me: thaaaanks Journey to Batuu!
    KqxHgA5.png

EDIT: I think I may have found a new bug - screenshots are not saving to the screenshot folder... :grimace:
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Thank god they removed the pack collection from the first page of the main menu!!! Finally this marketing strategy is over!

To show what ? Pack news advertising is full page...

Well yeah but at least it's not a list of all the packs you own and you don't own with red signs signaling them everytime there is a sale.

Now I can't see the discounts.

Previously I could purchase several packs at 50% off thanks to the main menu.

@LeGardePourpre Money-hungry marketing, now you can just take a look on Origin and buy the pack you intend to, not one you didn't need but also didn't want to see it grayed out, like many many people say they do.

I never visit Origin Store.

@LeGardePourpre There is an easy option on the main menu to switch to pack view. It will show what you have/have not. You just click on top left of screen MyHome/Packs
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    "We noticed we had added the option to Clean Up Toddler on kitchen and bathroom sinks for both Toddlers and Children by mistake, so we removed it for both age groups from the sink… but how would have they fit? Like… how? These are the questions that keep me up at night."

Does it mean what I think it means ? :o

I hope so! I still dream of them coming before Christmas, but I think we won't see them until 2021.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I see nothing regarding the bug involving club outfits though.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited December 2020
    Create-A-Skintone/Makeup... first step to Create-A-Style

Please, god, no! CASt was so freaking slow in TS3.

Why do you think they won't learn optimizing the feature in TS4? game and engine is evolving you know lol
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    izecson wrote: »

Why do you think they won't learn optimizing the feature in TS4? game and engine is evolving you know lol
    All game engines evolve. The game engine Unreal is already in it's 4th iteration. And since the new Playstation and new Xbox console systems are out now. I wouldn't be surprise if Unreal 5 game engine came out some time in 2021.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

All game engines evolve. The game engine Unreal is already in it's 4th iteration. And since the new Playstation and new Xbox console systems are out now. I wouldn't be surprise if Unreal 5 game engine came out some time in 2021.

That's true but most people I see seems to be against adding any features that was exclusive for TS3 such as Open World and Create a Style because of how slow they were, like dude, that game came out in 2009 and that was their first experiments. even my sims 3 still load around a minute while game with huge open world like red dead redemption only loads in 10 secs.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

That's true but most people I see seems to be against adding any features that was exclusive for TS3 such as Open World and Create a Style because of how slow they were, like dude, that game came out in 2009 and that was their first experiments. even my sims 3 still load around a minute while game with huge open world like red dead redemption only loads in 10 secs.
    Yeah, some people are like that. I guess you can call it personal preference.
    As far as the time it takes a game to load goes. It's hard to say what could be causing that problem. I am seeing long load time from both Sims 4 and Conan Exiles today. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyberpunk takes a while to load and that game drops tomorrow.
  • GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    edited December 2020
    Cool! That was quick.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

December 14: Today is patch day! And what a patch this is ... 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
    December 11 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

December 14th, 2020 Patch Notes
    SimGuruGnome
    1:14PM edited 1:16PM in The Sims 4 Latest Patch Notes
    PC: 1.69.59.1020/Mac: 1.69.59.1220
    Konsole: v1.36

Hello Simmers,

We have an important update for you to address the issues with Genetics, in which skin tones were not being applied appropriately. Thank you for your reports and assistance in tracking down these issues.

-SimGuruGnome

Flag · Insightful 2Like 2Awesome
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2020
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Thank god they removed the pack collection from the first page of the main menu!!! Finally this marketing strategy is over!

Well yeah but at least it's not a list of all the packs you own and you don't own with red signs signaling them everytime there is a sale.

@LeGardePourpre Money-hungry marketing, now you can just take a look on Origin and buy the pack you intend to, not one you didn't need but also didn't want to see it grayed out, like many many people say they do.

@LeGardePourpre There is an easy option on the main menu to switch to pack view. It will show what you have/have not. You just click on top left of screen MyHome/Packs

Each time I launch the game, I forget to check this page.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Each time I launch the game, I forget to check this page.

I checked it out of curiosity and it's not very user friendly. Instead of the pack icons it lists the pack covers and you need to scroll down a lot to see what you have and what not. With the pack icons it was so much easier to see at a glance what was missing and what not.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up restaurants.