Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mafia: New Players Edition! Mafia Win!

Comments

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Broncos4life In terms of the main idea of the game, which is to vote out the murderer, you are correct in assuming that the Mafia is like Among Us. However, in terms of what kind of logic is used, you are very wrong. Let me use MBTI to demonstrate. Within MBTI, there are cognitive function for sensing (S) and intuition (N). Someone with stronger sensing functions would excel at Among Us whereas someone with stronger intuitive functions would do well at the Mafia. My type is ESTJ, so Among Us is significantly easier for me. Most of the experienced Mafia players, such as @DeKay , are most likely intuitives.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,617 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @Broncos4life In terms of the main idea of the game, which is to vote out the murderer, you are correct in assuming that the Mafia is like Among Us. However, in terms of what kind of logic is used, you are very wrong. Let me use MBTI to demonstrate. Within MBTI, there are cognitive function for sensing (S) and intuition (N). Someone with stronger sensing functions would excel at Among Us whereas someone with stronger intuitive functions would do well at the Mafia. My type is ESTJ, so Among Us is significantly easier for me. Most of the experienced Mafia players, such as @DeKay , are most likely intuitives.

Actually, I'm an ISTJ.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,760 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Imma skip again. How is this game even playable when there’s no visual evidence for anyone?! Is it just random guessing?!

What visual evidence do you want?

Well, in Among Us, there’s usually someone who finds and reports the body. Then, you can use deduction to figure out who the impostor is. For example, if the body was found in electrical, and you and Green were in medbay together, you know that Green was not the killer. You also have the chance of witnessing suspicious behavior, such as someone not doing tasks, someone venting, or even witnessing the murder. The Mafia game seems to be more about reading between the lines, which I suck at because I’m a very serious person who takes everything for face value.

It is quite tricky when there aren't visual imagination details such as a scene to witness or roles to act out. I think, however, that it should get easier to work out the more lynchings we have, as then we can identify if the mafia are working to a pattern.

What I'm finding difficult is guessing if people are telling the truth or if they really are secretly plotting. Am finding it quite fun though trying to work it out, as it's a chance to improve my puzzle solving.
  • Options
    Looking back at the thread, I see that DeKay was the one who started the chain to turn everyone against Jonathan. I am once again sus of her, especially since whoever is Mafia is incredibly good at going under-the-radar for a first-timer.
  • Options
    I think Cobblers is safe because they have been sharing their experiences relating to being town, and I don’t think a first-time Mafia would be experienced enough to pull this off due to never having played town before.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    I am hoping that Jonathan is revealed as mafia and we get some clarity.
  • Options
    I have a feeling that all of this finger pointing will turn what should be a game of skill into a game of luck...
  • Options
    I have a feeling that all of this finger pointing will turn what should be a game of skill into a game of luck...

The skill is to actually find who's lying and being sneaky. 😂 And who's telling the truth.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Day 2 has ended and the town has decided to eliminate Jonathan. He was a mafia goon! Thank you for playing @jonathan_1998!

It is now Night 2 and will last 24 hours. Question of the night will be coming shortly!
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    AWESOME!!! :)
  • Options
    Well... that’s incredibly good luck. In that case, we can rule out anyone who voted for Jonathan!
  • Options
    Very good point Rowan.
  • Options
    I suppose Andrew is the most sus right now, but we’ll discuss more during the next day! (That is, assuming that I survive...)
  • Options
    I suppose Andrew is the most sus right now, but we’ll discuss more during the next day! (That is, assuming that I survive...)

Shh, no more talking On topic.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Shh, no more talking On topic.

Sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Today's Question of the Night is...
    Do you know your Myers-Briggs Personality Type? Do you agree with your results?
    Link to take a quiz here (You might have to put in an email to get your results but you can get your type and an overview for free)

• Options
    No idea. :o
  • Options
    I’m ESTJ! Also, I have a feeling that I inspired this question because I asked this in DMs!
  • Options
    @luvdasims55 Are you having rum again tonight?
  • Options
    I'm an INFJ :)

One of my classes in high school all took the test for fun on a free day. When I got my results I was like :flushed: can they read my mind?

There's also youtube channels that have videos about how all 16 personalities react to situations if you're looking for some funny videos to waste an hour with :D

• Options
    I’m ESTJ! Also, I have a feeling that I inspired this question because I asked this in DMs!

Yes you did :D It's a great get to know you question

• Options
    @luvdasims55 Are you having rum again tonight?

Not at the moment. ;)
  • Options

Yes you did :D It's a great get to know you question

I was actually asking it as part of an experiment I was doing in my head to see if intuitives are more prone to play Mafia games! :D
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I got ISTJ. I don’t think it’s overly accurate. Some aspects are but I don’t like how it just puts you into one of two categories for each thing. I think the enniagram test was a lot more accurate for me at least.
  • Options
    @Mouselline Try this test instead. It’s more accurate.

https://www.idrlabs.com/cognitive-function/test.php