Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mafia: New Players Edition! Mafia Win!

Comments

• Options
    aignaci1aignaci1 Posts: 13 New Member
    sorry kinda hard being active. crazy weekend. Anyways, Got a chance to read a little bit. Yeah, might be suspicious bec of my inactiveness, but I promise I'm not the mafia. I still get a gut feel that luv is mafia. He looks like a seasoned player that is good at deflecting suspicions on him. I still vote for luv as mafia
  • Options
    > @DeKay said:
    > I just ask some questions to start a discussion.
    >
    > Andrew, what do you feel about Jonathan?
    > Jonathan, what do you feel about Andrew?
    > 55, do you still think Andrew and Jonathan are mafia buddies?
    > Rowan, who are you sus of?

I don't know anyone here besides my mentor so I don't have any strong feelings wether to be suspicious of Jonathan or not. I do find some of his posts to be super defensive so might be an argument why he might be mafia.
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    edited November 2020
    Vote Count:
    1- Jonathan (DeKay)
    1- Andrew (55)

Day ends in about 18 hours...
    Post edited by Broncos4life on
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    For your info Andrew, I'm a new player. Never played anything like this before. If I appear to be a seasoned player, it's only because of the help I'm getting from my mentor and DeKay.
  • Options
    good to know. but since already said it just have to go with my guys. [b]voting for luv[/b]
  • Options
    <b>voting for luv</b>
  • Options
    I fail at trying to bold. My mentor just told me to do it in caps. I'm so sorry guys

VOTING FOR LUV
  • Options
    I don't think it's your gut feeling, you're just voting for me, because I voted for you. That's ok tho. Shows me that you and Jonathan may be mafia, because you don't want to vote for each other.
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    edited November 2020
    Vote Count:
    1- Jonathan (DeKay)
    1- Andrew (luvdasims55)
    1- luvdasims55 (Andrew)

Day ends in about 17.5 hours...
    Post edited by Broncos4life on
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,615 Member
    aignaci1 wrote: »
    > DeKay said:
    > I just ask some questions to start a discussion.
    >
    > Andrew, what do you feel about Jonathan?
    > Jonathan, what do you feel about Andrew?
    > 55, do you still think Andrew and Jonathan are mafia buddies?
    > Rowan, who are you sus of?

I don't know anyone here besides my mentor so I don't have any strong feelings wether to be suspicious of Jonathan or not. I do find some of his posts to be super defensive so might be an argument why he might be mafia.

Everyone left in this game are new except me. But just try your best to see who could be suspicious or who looks the most townish. For me, it's easier to see who looks more townish, and then by narrowing it down, you can find the bad guys more easily.

Could you explain a bit more on why you voted 55? You did say Jonathan could be bad since he sounded defensive, but why did you choose to go with 55 instead of Jonathan?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,615 Member
    aignaci1 wrote: »
    sorry kinda hard being active. crazy weekend. Anyways, Got a chance to read a little bit. Yeah, might be suspicious bec of my inactiveness, but I promise I'm not the mafia. I still get a gut feel that luv is mafia. He looks like a seasoned player that is good at deflecting suspicions on him. I still vote for luv as mafia

Oops, just saw this post. Can you give examples on how 55 is deflecting suspicions?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,759 Member
    Wow! Things have moved fast this morning!
    First of all, RIP Frenchy.

Looking at what's happened so far, it seems the mafia are trying not to draw too much attention to themselves by killing a player who had already been eliminated by the town.

Hmm...

Andrew and 55, you have both voted for each other. Which would seem to indicate that at least one of you is a townie as I don't think the mafia would want to risk losing one of their own when there has already been public suspicion.
  • Options
    Because if a mafia person voted for another mafia and that person got eliminated, this may draw more attention to the 1st mafia person and they wouldn't have their buddy to help them in the next round.
  • Options
    So true Cobblers. Right now I'm waiting to see if Jonathan is willing to vote for Andrew. If not, strong chance they are working together as mafia.
  • Options
    So true Cobblers. Right now I'm waiting to see if Jonathan is willing to vote for Andrew. If not, strong chance they are working together as mafia.

That's a good point. Just thinking also the mafia may also want to vote off the person who they think is the most suspicious of them.
  • Options
    Cobblers feel free to vote for Andrew or Jonathan.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Andrew doesn’t seem like Mafia to me; just a paranoid newbie. Jonathan, on the other hand, seems kinda sus. I’m still going to hold off with voting for now though.
  • Options
    Ok Rowan.
  • Options
    VOTE: Jonathan

Since Rown is sus of Jonathan, I'm changing my vote to Jonathan to vote with Rowan if they decide they want to vote for Jonathan.
  • Options
    Having read through the thread again, DeKay and 55's idea of voting for a less active player seems like the best course of action, just so we can see if the mafia follow the same pattern as the previous night (i.e. killing off the one who was eliminated). The difficulty is choosing who to sacrifice for this cause...
  • Options
    Anybody you are leaning towards Cobbler?
  • Options
    It's a very difficult choice, as I know it's likely all of us have genuine reasons in RL as to why there are gaps in their inactivity. So, at the same time, I feel it would be a shame for them not to have a chance for a longer play because of that. But then again, if they were mafia...

Also the recent developments are puzzling me a little.
  • Options
    What recent events are puzzling you?
  • Options
    What recent events are puzzling you?

Mainly the changes in vote. I note earlier that you and DeKay agreed to split up and vote for Jonathan and Andrew each. But after Rowan's suggestion, you then appear to have changed your vote to Jonathan again. I mean, people are allowed to change their vote, that's fine but I just wondered was there a reason for the sudden change in alliance?

I am also wondering why Rowan and Jonathan are still holding off their votes.

Andrew is also still on my mind because of two things: 1) he still hasn't answered DeKay's question as to why he didn't vote for Jonathan, even though he stated his suspicions of him as well.
    2) His immediately voting for you, after you voted for him.
  • Options
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Andrew doesn’t seem like Mafia to me; just a paranoid newbie. Jonathan, on the other hand, seems kinda sus. I’m still going to hold off with voting for now though.

Couldn't both Jonathan and Andrew's responses be interpreted as paranoia? Then again they could also both be interpreted as suspicious too.