May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mafia: New Players Edition! Mafia Win!

Comments

• Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,764 Member
    I think I'm turning into one of the paranoid conspiracy theorists from Strangerville. :D
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Andrew doesn’t seem like Mafia to me; just a paranoid newbie. Jonathan, on the other hand, seems kinda sus. I’m still going to hold off with voting for now though.

Couldn't both Jonathan and Andrew's responses be interpreted as paranoia? Then again they could also both be interpreted as suspicious too.

I suppose you have a point. It’s a good thing I haven’t voted yet. To answer your other question, I suppose holding off on voting comes from my Among Us experience, where you’re seen as sus for voting without evidence, and your votes cannot be changed or undone.
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Vote Count:
    2- Jonathan (DeKay, 55)
    1- luvdasims55 (Andrew)

Day ends in about 4.5 hours...
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    What recent events are puzzling you?

Mainly the changes in vote. I note earlier that you and DeKay agreed to split up and vote for Jonathan and Andrew each. But after Rowan's suggestion, you then appear to have changed your vote to Jonathan again. I mean, people are allowed to change their vote, that's fine but I just wondered was there a reason for the sudden change in alliance?

I am also wondering why Rowan and Jonathan are still holding off their votes.

Andrew is also still on my mind because of two things: 1) he still hasn't answered DeKay's question as to why he didn't vote for Jonathan, even though he stated his suspicions of him as well.
    2) His immediately voting for you, after you voted for him.

The reason I changed my vote is simple. First player to receive 3 votes is eliminated. I really don't care whether Jonathan or Andrew gets eliminated since I suspect they may be mafia buddies. Since Rowan expressed a possible vote for Jonathan, with DeKay and my vote that would make the necessary 3 votes for elimination.
  • Options

Mainly the changes in vote. I note earlier that you and DeKay agreed to split up and vote for Jonathan and Andrew each. But after Rowan's suggestion, you then appear to have changed your vote to Jonathan again. I mean, people are allowed to change their vote, that's fine but I just wondered was there a reason for the sudden change in alliance?

Andrew is also still on my mind because of two things: 1) he still hasn't answered DeKay's question as to why he didn't vote for Jonathan, even though he stated his suspicions of him as well.

The reason I changed my vote is simple. First player to receive 3 votes is eliminated. I really don't care whether Jonathan or Andrew gets eliminated since I suspect they may be mafia buddies. Since Rowan expressed a possible vote for Jonathan, with DeKay and my vote that would make the necessary 3 votes for elimination.

I didn’t know three votes were required. I thought it was whoever got the most votes, like in Among Us.
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    It’s whoever has the most votes by the end of the day. Usually hammers are in the game but we decided not to make it confusing for you guys. So just at 6:00 EST whoever has the most votes is eliminated
  • Options
    The main reason DeKay and I decided to split our votes was to see if Jonathan and Andrew would vote for each other. Mafia buddies would not vote for each other. It's been long enough now for me to determine that. If Jonathan decides to vote for Andrew now, it's probably as a last ditch effort to try and save himself.
  • Options
    They may just be afk. I haven’t seen them in a while.
  • Options
    I checked their profiles. Andrew hasn’t been on the forums since yesterday and Jonathan hasn’t been on since morning.
  • Options
    Whoever gets the most votes is eliminated. However, in a 3 to 3 tie, the first player to receive 3 votes gets eliminated. That's why I was saying we need 3 votes. More votes would obviously be even better to show unity.
  • Options

Ahhh, okay, that makes sense.
  • Options
    Okay, I am making this choice because I am interested to see the mafia's reaction to it.

VOTE: Jonathan (Sorry!)
  • Options
    Vote Count:
    3- Jonathan (DeKay, 55, Cobblers)
    1- luvdasims55 (Andrew)

Day ends in about 3.5 hours...

• Options
    There is one hour remaining! As of right now, Jonathan will be up for elimination

• Options
    Imma skip again. How is this game even playable when there’s no visual evidence for anyone?! Is it just random guessing?!
  • Options
    This was falsely advertised. This is nothing like Among Us! This game is just pointing fingers until the Mafia is voted out through lucky guesses!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,683 Member
    Where is 55 getting all these 3 votes thing from? Il confusion.
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Imma skip again. How is this game even playable when there’s no visual evidence for anyone?! Is it just random guessing?!

What visual evidence do you want?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Where is 55 getting all these 3 votes thing from? Il confusion.

*I'm....
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Well, in Among Us, there’s usually someone who finds and reports the body. Then, you can use deduction to figure out who the impostor is. For example, if the body was found in electrical, and you and Green were in medbay together, you know that Green was not the killer. You also have the chance of witnessing suspicious behavior, such as someone not doing tasks, someone venting, or even witnessing the murder. The Mafia game seems to be more about reading between the lines, which I suck at because I’m a very serious person who takes everything for face value.
  • Options
    If you’d like to see a sample of Among Us gameplay, you can watch a few rounds from my livestream playback: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8FsD3nL3uNs&t=841s

There’s a part where I witness someone vent at around 14 minutes in.
  • Options

Well, in Among Us, there’s usually someone who finds and reports the body. Then, you can use deduction to figure out who the impostor is. For example, if the body was found in electrical, and you and Green were in medbay together, you know that Green was not the killer. You also have the chance of witnessing suspicious behavior, such as someone not doing tasks, someone venting, or even witnessing the murder. The Mafia game seems to be more about reading between the lines, which I suck at because I’m a very serious person who takes everything for face value.

Well, yeah, mafia isn't very much like that for the most part. It's not totally guessing either cuz all the clues you need are on the thread itself, by looking at how people react and stuff. But it's not straightforward either. Sometimes you make Among Us sound so easy, I wonder how anyone who's the imposter can even win. LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Well, yeah, mafia isn't very much like that for the most part. It's not totally guessing either cuz all the clues you need are on the thread itself, by looking at how people react and stuff. But it's not straightforward either. Sometimes you make Among Us sound so easy, I wonder how anyone who's the imposter can even win. LOL.

When you're the impostor, it's all about being sneaky. You have to be careful to only kill or vent when nobody else is around. You also have to be deceptive and pin the blame on other players. One thing I've learned from Among Us is that human beings are incredibly suggestible. If one person declares someone sus, others are likely to follow.
  • Options
    That's why I'm not letting myself be swayed by other people's assumptions, but rather trying to collect my own evidence. You can't trust anyone in a game of Among Us, not even your own teammate. In fact, most imposters rarely even kill; instead, they have the crewmates doing the dirty work for them by influencing them eject someone innocent.
  • Options
    *to eject