Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The patch to fix the patch borked my game (Nov 17)

Comments

• Options
    GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    Did anyone experience lag after the first patch? And is it fixed with the latest patch? It was a huge issue for me.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I was actually hesitant to install the new patch since I wasn't experiencing any issues with the original patch but I did and played a couple of hours. All good.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I'm hearing that a lot of people on Twitter are experiencing the same issue. This is insane. I don't understand why there are so many issues coming from these updates.

Little song that people who work on programming like to sing. "99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs. Take one down, patch it out. 138 little bugs in the code." Face it people, you want EA to keep adding more and more stuff onto one single game you're going to have bugs like this all the time.

Yes and if they do not tweak the game for other problems the game may work for awhile but sooner or later the bugs that was not fixed before starts to show up. I believe fix those bugs before moving on to another problem or face many more as time moves on. The patch it as you go has limited success. But for the Infinite loading as some are saying just repair the game and if it does not work it might be something else.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited November 2020
    Had the infinite load yesterday after patching. Repaired. Everything was working fine. (Mac player here)

Hitting "repair" whenever something's wrong is like second nature to me now lol
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited November 2020
    ShuffleJ wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Today's patch to fix the patch seems to have broken my game - I've been stuck on the spinning plumbob screen for 15 minutes. I've restarted both Origin and my computer several times. I'm on a Mac and have gads of mods. I'm assuming it's a conflict with the mods, but want to check first and see if anyone has a solution. Thanks!! <3

It's always the mods. Take them out and try again.

It took a long time for Origin (another update to that) and then the Sims 4 update and then the game to open for me (blackscreen) and I thought that I would have problems too but eventually the gamescreen came up and that's taking longer too. Don't give up! I've loaded ok and gone back to improving a house I'm building. I haven't tried playing a Sims yet. I've never had any mods or cc yet myself.

Maybe Maxis can give us something to play with whilst twiddling our thumbs waiting?
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I didn't have problems with last weeks patch (aside from some bugs in build mode like disappearing ceilings and floors), and I don't have any problems after the hotfix either. The only thing is that the loading screen times seem longer, but I read on twitter that more people are experiencing this. I hope repairing the game works for players that have the infinite loading screen! I sure feel lucky..
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Infinite loading and repairing takes hours?

NO THANK YOU.

I think Im going to have to deal with no platforms in my game for a little while longer. Not taking any chances.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited November 2020
    Same here, the loading screen would not end, so I had to force switch off my computer. Please make patches that repair the game, not break it !!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s so annoying, especially since I didn’t have problems with the first patch (and I play on a Mac, so I was surprised I didn’t).

I’ll try again
  • Options
    I hope so!! How are we supposed to play our game otherwise ?
    izecson wrote: »
    Will there be any followup patch for this infinite loading issue and slow performance?

• Options
    GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    If you don't want to update your game, go offline and run the game as administrator. (right click on sims 4 desktop icon and click "run as administrator) At least this works for me. I can play without crashes, while I wait until their is a patch that really fixes this game.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Today's patch to fix the patch seems to have broken my game - I've been stuck on the spinning plumbob screen for 15 minutes. I've restarted both Origin and my computer several times. I'm on a Mac and have gads of mods. I'm assuming it's a conflict with the mods, but want to check first and see if anyone has a solution. Thanks!! <3

I have no mods. Repairing my game apparently worked.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    No problems here, but I recently reinstalled the entire game except for Eco Lifestyle.
    I don't have Snowy Escape either.

I haven't played much though since I am only tried out the new platform feature and spent a few minutes readjusting myself to my sims currentyl in Uni. I probably won't do any serious playing until this weekend.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I have no mods. Repairing my game apparently worked.

Takes a long time with the Origin update, game update, blackscreen fright and then the relief of the gamescreen coming up. I wish they wouldn't keep doing this to us. :( My game is fine as I play vanilla so far.
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2020
    [insert meme of John Travolta from Pulp Fiction looking around room, while shrugging.]

I have yet to impulsively dive back into my PS4 game while blaring Reunited by Peaches and Herb. The patch isn’t out for console yet.

I’m glad that this is being fixed by repairing the game for PC users though! I hope that when they said they’re still working to get consoles patches out ASAP, it’s because the respective companies have to approve them, and not because they don’t know what’s going on in our neck of the woods (if you thought PC bugs were annoying, boy do I have a list for you....)
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    edited November 2020
    Did anyone experience lag after the first patch? And is it fixed with the latest patch? It was a huge issue for me.

My lag is actually significantly better, and I play a heavily modded game (on a Mac which often makes things worse). I don't know which platform you're referring to but desktop, for me, is quite good actually. @GreatestPlanner
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    🤣🤣🤣. No surprise there!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I was having the spontaneous crashing issue. Well since I’ve patched the patch, I now have error code 102:58de2aeb:9d14c554 appear and get booted out to the main screen anytime I try to load my favourite family, making them and their lot completely unplayable. I miss the spontaneous crashing!!!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Hey everyone,

Have you removed your mods folder? Do so, then delete the localthumbcache.package and try your game again. Obviously, there's something wrong with one or more of your mods.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I haven’t downloaded the new patch yet but on the notes it says to add the sound what is the command to type in as they haven’t said and I don’t know what to type in?
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Glad I saw this so I don't install this patch which I don't need since I don't have any issues. I'll just wait for the patch that fixes this patch, so my game will work like it does now.

EA - what the ???????
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I haven’t downloaded the new patch yet but on the notes it says to add the sound what is the command to type in as they haven’t said and I don’t know what to type in?

Just delete "-nosound" from the command line. You shouldn't need to type in anything
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I installed the patch, started the game and waited eagerly for the plumbob to never stop spinning, but suddenly the start screen was up and I opened a game. And WOW was I greatly impressed by how fast the game loaded!!! :open_mouth: Until I realized I had removed my mods folder, so there was probably not that much to load, LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Glad I saw this so I don't install this patch which I don't need since I don't have any issues. I'll just wait for the patch that fixes this patch, so my game will work like it does now.

EA - what the ???????

I had no issues on the original patch. I was worried that the new patch might bork my game while fixing others, but nope. I'm still good.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »

Just delete "-nosound" from the command line. You shouldn't need to type in anything

"-nosound" from what command line ?????????? where ???????