Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The patch to fix the patch borked my game (Nov 17)

Hey everyone,

Today's patch to fix the patch seems to have broken my game - I've been stuck on the spinning plumbob screen for 15 minutes. I've restarted both Origin and my computer several times. I'm on a Mac and have gads of mods. I'm assuming it's a conflict with the mods, but want to check first and see if anyone has a solution. Thanks!! <3

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Yeah, I just closed my game for the day and saw the word update. Oi!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimsChica2013SimsChica2013 Posts: 75 Member
    I'm hearing that a lot of people on Twitter are experiencing the same issue. This is insane. I don't understand why there are so many issues coming from these updates.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    There was a patch today? I'm on auto update as far as I know, I'll go and check what my game is doing (I'm on PC).

• Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    edited November 2020
    Origin won't even let me open the game unless I update!! Also on a Mac. I'll update this post when I open the game after I install the hotfix.

Edit: 2 days later and now we're having issues. It was fine, and now it's not. Every time I travel it's an endless loading screen. I've taken mods out, repaired my game (which took five minutes for some odd reason) and I'm still having the issue. Ugh.
    Post edited by afternoonbaboon on
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member
    RESOLVED: Repair Game in the Origin Sims 4 game settings got me to the map. Hopefully that was the last of the problems.
  • Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    ShuffleJ wrote: »
    RESOLVED: Repair Game in the Origin Sims 4 game settings got me to the map. Hopefully that was the last of the problems.

Thanks for letting us know!
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I didn't even know there was a patch today. I've been so afraid to update my game...
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited November 2020
    I wasn't even having the crashing problem, my game has been playing fine. I installed the update today and now it's stuck on an infinite loading screen. Needless to say, I'm not happy.
    ShuffleJ wrote: »
    About to try that...
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I didn't seem to have any problems before, but after this patch for the patch, entering game was "laggy" for lack of a better term. I was able to enter game, but I don't recall it ever hesitating like this. It only added a few extra minutes, but it left me paranoid. :#
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'm hearing that a lot of people on Twitter are experiencing the same issue. This is insane. I don't understand why there are so many issues coming from these updates.

1. the developers I believe are still working from home during the Pandemic making it harder for them to do their job.
    2. EA doesn't give the developers time the need to create anything. It's not just the Sims but other games they make as well. They care more about making money rather than creating good games.
    3. Usually those of us who occult players are hit the hardest.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    I practically ran to update this patch, only to find that it’s waiting for approval for consoles.

I know it’s a Microsoft/Sony thing but “UGH!”

Forget free the babies, free my Sims from this patch!
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    CarimeAnn_22CarimeAnn_22 Posts: 2 New Member
    This is so annoying. I had no problems before today's update, and now I've restarted my game 3 times, and it's still just sitting with the spinning Plumbob 15 minutes later....... grrr.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    The replies on twitter are also complaining about an infinite loading screen.

What a shame. Something else is broken.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    If you have infinite loading repair your game. Sim guru nick said on Twitter that can fix it. It seems to based on most replies.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited November 2020
    It looks like the patch broke something else in the game. I'm sorry you all have to go through this again, it sounds really frustrating. I don't know what's going on with this game anymore :(
    I guess I'll be playing other games for a while....
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    How do you avoid the update? When I open origin it’ll update automatically is there a way to stop this?
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    @ShuffleJ Repairing my game worked, it always does when things like this happen. For some reason I always forget it exists though, so thanks for mentioning it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    How do you avoid the update? When I open origin it’ll update automatically is there a way to stop this?

Don't worry about avoiding the update. If you hit the loading screen problem after the update, repair the game in Origin.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Don't worry about avoiding the update. If you hit the loading screen problem after the update, repair the game in Origin.

I would prefer to avoid it for now, is there a way?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

You can play offline I think to avoid it? Honestly, I'm not sure. But if it's time you're concerned about it's a really small patch.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member

You could play in offline mode

• Options
    Colorist40 wrote: »

You could play in offline mode

If I turn off my computer WiFi will that allow me to open origin without the patch updating