Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Has and Who Hasn't Installed The Latest Patch?

I for one haven't, as thankfully I came here and read about the problems before even knowing there was a new patch. That is thanks to the fact that it's not announce on the bar above the forum anymore.
I want to download it, but I'm too scared to, as I have spent the last few months rebuilding all my venues and have what I consider a perfect game now, and don't want anything to ruin it for me.
Like TS3, I stopped patching at a certain stage, and not intending now to add anymore packs that could also impact on my game, am sticking to offline mode.
I'll be interested to hear what other people are doing/experiencing.
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    So far, it's working ok for me. But like anything with TS4, that could be subject to change at any time
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I installed and it’s fabulous for me. Just do “save as” first.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited November 2020
    I haven't installed it yet because I play with mods, and I don't ever install a patch until every mod is updated. I don't ever play my game when I can't play with my mods, its so boring without them.
    Post edited by Goth583 on
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yesterday I took out mods folders then I updated and all is good in a new save. I will not play my saves until I make sure all the mods and cc are good.

My game did crash but that was caused by windows update. I have no idea why because my windows update is scheduled to run at 2 am but for some reason maybe it was a 2 part update requiring a restart or something. Anyway I updated my game and then restarted my computer and did not notice the windows update was running again. I played for about and hour before my game crashed to my desktop with message that I need to restart for windows update.

I played my new save this morning for about 5 hours with updated mods (mccc and ui cheats) and had no problems. This afternoon I will throw in a small amount of cc and all year plants and see how it goes.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'd turn off your external virus program first as you might get a "false positive" and have problems. Make sure your OS and drivers are all up to date.

It's working fine for me but make sure to remove all mods and cc before downloading and tick the permissions box if you get one. It takes a long time to download and I got several small patches with it for some reason.
    You might need to repair game and then try downloading again after removing mods and cc.

PS: Sims Community news that some modders might be happy about!
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/11/the-sims-4-mods-ui-cheats-extension-and-mc-command-center-have-been-updated/
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,107 Member
    Went smoothly and easily for me. Waited until my major mods were updated, then went ahead and pulled the trigger. Playing in a new save to find out what is fixed and not, but haven't had any issues yet.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,733 Member
    edited November 2020
    Installed it on my laptop which does not have any mods, noticed that I had to install new C++ drivers with the update which required a restart My antivirus software (Symantec Endpoint Protection) did not think the update was a virus (false positive), which has happened to some other users.

Started the game and it runs fine, but I experienced some bizarre sound issues after half an hour, installed the latest .NET update from Windows Update, have not encountered any more problems since.

I'm waiting to update on my Desktop PC, I don't want to update that one until more mods are updated. That one has a much larger save as well so who knows if that will go well without any problems... I was not really planning to buy and play the new EP on Friday anyway...
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I patched up this morning and played for an hour with no issues. I do not use mods/cc and did the usual routine of deleting cache, patching, repairing game then restarting PC.

However, during that hour of play I made the following note...

Good news

No crashing so far.
    My sims ate all their meal at a restaurant. They also shared their first sentiment.

Bad news
    Sim's needs deplete slightly faster than usual.
    Club members do not change into their club outfits.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I haven’t updated because I’m waiting for a hotfix because it seems like this patch needs one.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,676 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'd turn off your external virus program first as you might get a "false positive" and have problems. Make sure your OS and drivers are all up to date.

It's working fine for me but make sure to remove all mods and cc before downloading and tick the permissions box if you get one. It takes a long time to download and I got several small patches with it for some reason.
    You might need to repair game and then try downloading again after removing mods and cc.

PS: Sims Community news that some modders might be happy about!
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/11/the-sims-4-mods-ui-cheats-extension-and-mc-command-center-have-been-updated/

I had that with the October update but only on my win10 lpatop, not my win8.1. It was an easy fix, I just added ts4/origin as an exception (after a google first, of course)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Yesterday I took out mods folders then I updated and all is good in a new save. I will not play my saves until I make sure all the mods and cc are good.

My game did crash but that was caused by windows update. I have no idea why because my windows update is scheduled to run at 2 am but for some reason maybe it was a 2 part update requiring a restart or something. Anyway I updated my game and then restarted my computer and did not notice the windows update was running again. I played for about and hour before my game crashed to my desktop with message that I need to restart for windows update.

I played my new save this morning for about 5 hours with updated mods (mccc and ui cheats) and had no problems. This afternoon I will throw in a small amount of cc and all year plants and see how it goes.

I assume that's win 10? I updated windows yesterday on my win10 laptop and it did it in two stages too.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I have had problems with October patch, causing game not to save and screenshots end up with llama. Not save. Might try it on my other laptop.
  • Options
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I haven’t updated because I’m waiting for a hotfix because it seems like this patch needs one.

Yup, I'm with you.
    Thanks for all the replies, all been positive so far, and that's what I wanted to her.
    I must admit this is beginning to sound like ts3 - update this update that, do this, do that.
    I was loving the fact I could just hit update, and it did.
    My win8.1 laptop doesn't update in one go though. I often have to quit origin completely shut down, restart, repair game, eventually it works.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I have and my game crashes all the time. Sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes 20, and currently after a few seconds lol. It's awesome because I wasn't using any mods or CC and my PC is more than capable of handling this game but alas, for once I'm with the unlucky ones. Never had issues like this with a patch before though so I'm not angry, it happens. But there's clearly something wrong with this patch in that it seems to conflict with all kinds of things (drivers, windows version, antivirus programs, ....). Too bad none of the 20k fixes really worked for me, so now I'm waiting for maxis to release us from Hel and let us play Snowy Escape in peace come Friday 😂
  • Options
    GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    Didn't patch it yet. I first want to learn what is truly fixed and what new bugs are out there to see if they will impact my gameplay and stories too much.
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I have and my game crashes all the time. Sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes 20, and currently after a few seconds lol. It's awesome because I wasn't using any mods or CC and my PC is more than capable of handling this game but alas, for once I'm with the unlucky ones. Never had issues like this with a patch before though so I'm not angry, it happens. But there's clearly something wrong with this patch in that it seems to conflict with all kinds of things (drivers, windows version, antivirus programs, ....). Too bad none of the 20k fixes really worked for me, so now I'm waiting for maxis to release us from Hel and let us play Snowy Escape in peace come Friday 😂

I've been reading a few of your posts in the other two threads. It's awful when you experience these things.
    It seems there are a few different problems, it must be due to different systems etc etc.
    I hope they get on to a fix fast. But I'm still not sure I want to update again, I've been burnt before with ts3, and it's not fun!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited November 2020
    Mine is working fine -
    but how many threads about this do we need
    ????
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've had no issues with it so far. Going to play again tonight to see more of the sentiments in action.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I've been reading a few of your posts in the other two threads. It's awful when you experience these things.
    It seems there are a few different problems, it must be due to different systems etc etc.
    I hope they get on to a fix fast. But I'm still not sure I want to update again, I've been burnt before with ts3, and it's not fun!

Yes it's definitely annoying, but at least we got a pretty responsive forum to go to and talk and get help :D at least I had 20 minutes or so where I could just play! But yeah I agree, let's hope the fix comes fast (and that when they eventually drop TS4 they don't drop it in a state where it still needs a ton of fixes :/)
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I haven’t because I don’t have TS4 installed, but as a rule I never download updates when they first come out. I’ve been burned too many times, not only by TS4, but in my IT career as well.
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    Update worked fine. No signs of crashing.
    However, I have a plain game, no mods or CC.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have updated and have not had any problems, though I was worried when I saw people reporting problems.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I installed it yesterday since all my major mods were either working fine or updated fast. It's working with no issues for me so far. The worst thing was how long it took to repair my game last night.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Mine is working fine -
    but how many threads about this do we need
    ????

I started this thread to see how many people didn't have a problem against how many that did. And to find out how many people don't actually do updates. It was out of interest, and have so far found out, more people updated successfully than those who didn't, and there are a couple like myself who aren't willing to try it and are waiting for a fix that'll satisfy others who have had problems.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I had to download a newer version of Visual C++ but once I'd done that the game works fine for me. I assume my antivirus software decided to block it when I was downloading the patch for some reason. I've had no issues with crashing just couldn't open it until I got Visual C++ fixed up.