The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues after patch.

Comments

• Options
    bdoss2006bdoss2006 Posts: 1 New Member
    Mine is doing the same thing it just freezes and I have to manually shut my laptop down but mine has been doing it for months though
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    logion wrote: »
    spend4zen wrote: »
    I have tried all these and I am still getting an error message that The Sims4 is already running and the game wont launch. I play on Windows 10 alienware, completly updated, and have uninstalled, reinstalled both Origin and sims4. Nothing works.

Here is the Answer HQ post. Crinrict have posted links to suggestions that you could try, one user got it working after changing their permissions so that their Electronic Arts folder in Documents have read/write permissions for all users on your computer.

Actually changing the permissions is the first thing that actually seems to have stopped the crashing? For now. I barely dare to say it, I'm sure it's about to crash as I type lol.

But for those who haven't done this yet, definitely try it!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,758 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Mine has only crashed the once and since playing it today the lag is terrible and the graphics are really blurry even more than usual. I have to have my graphics on low setting due to having a low end laptop so I don’t expect them to be amazing but sims and objects look more blurry then they usually do.

This combined with the game crashing for many users is making this sound a lot like a driver issue.

@spend4zen Crinrict posted information about what you could try in this blog: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2015/08/game-already-running/ there are some other things you could try in that blog post I guess...
  • Options
    Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    Definitely didn't work for me :( This thread is on not launching the game, though, not crashes once it is opened so I dont think that helps us.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,767 Member
    Mine did the same. Fortunately I was prepared from reading about it here, so I saved frequently. It crashed three times in one SIM day. I waited until this afternoon to make sure my mods were updated before playing. It was disappointing.
  • Options
    foxontherun7foxontherun7 Posts: 51 Member
    Update: It turned out the culprit was my antivirus software (Sophos). Administrative permissions didn't seem to help, but my husband temporarily uninstalled Sophos to see if the game would load, and it did. It kind of surprised me, because in 20 years I'd never had issues with any antivirus software preventing me from loading my game and such. However, my husband decided to try it, because he ran into that issue with Mass Effect. I can't say this is the problem for everyone, but I just figured I'd throw that out there for anyone still having trouble.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    At Answers HQ, player @JuliaChang93 found a simple fix for the problem.

1) Go to the room in build mode and just remove one piece of fence around the stairs.
    2) This will make lots of grey tiles appear.
    3) Take the build mode hammer and delete the grey tiles by clicking on them
    4) Close the hole in the fence.
    5) The stairs will work again.

Discussion here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/m-p/9718264#M160601

That's interesting because if I remember right deleting the grey tiles while space is open used to delete the whole floor. If what you described is how it works now, it seems like it was fixed rather than broken.

I've been doing it this way since the beginning, and had never even heard of the invisible fence mod. It's tricky to do, as you have to have the part of the floor you want to keep sectioned off. If the part you want to get rid of and the part you want to keep still have a fence between them, it should work. It makes painting a pain as well, since no-floor is considered an outside area instead of a separate room.

I hope someone better at explaining can come explain!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Is there one of those bug fixes pages where you can click “me too?”
  • Options
    Also I have the same amount of skin tones as I did before, is that right?
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    edited November 2020
    I ended up going into my apps downloaded on my pc and repaired anything that said Visual C++. Just launched my game and it finally started up. Now I’ll have to see if it actually plays or if it crashes.

ETA: nonstop crashing. So even though I can get into the game, I cannot play it.
    Post edited by SimmerMars on
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »
    Mine did the same. Fortunately I was prepared from reading about it here, so I saved frequently. It crashed three times in one SIM day. I waited until this afternoon to make sure my mods were updated before playing. It was disappointing.

Yes I constantly save too .. but right now it crashed so many times it was like The Sims Groundhog Day lol. "Bringing my child to bed .. again .. this feels familiar?"
  • Options
    Update: It turned out the culprit was my antivirus software (Sophos). Administrative permissions didn't seem to help, but my husband temporarily uninstalled Sophos to see if the game would load, and it did. It kind of surprised me, because in 20 years I'd never had issues with any antivirus software preventing me from loading my game and such. However, my husband decided to try it, because he ran into that issue with Mass Effect. I can't say this is the problem for everyone, but I just figured I'd throw that out there for anyone still having trouble.

It's definitely a problem for some people, yes, so good it worked for you! Disabled my AV too but that didn't stop the crashing for me. But then the game not loading at all and the crashes appear to be two different issues caused by the patch :'(
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,767 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »

Yes I constantly save too .. but right now it crashed so many times it was like The Sims Groundhog Day lol. "Bringing my child to bed .. again .. this feels familiar?"

I was fortunate that the game only crashed a few times. But it was Harvest Festival, so yeah, I was like, but I thought I appeased this gnome already. Is this the one who liked fruit cake?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    EdithV wrote: »
    Do we think they will put one out? Is there any news on a fix?

No news, however a hot fix seems likely as people will not be able to play the new Expansion Pack on Friday and that is going to displease a lot of people.

You can follow updates here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Crashes-after-November-2020-Patch/td-p/9719086 more and more users are posting every minute so this is probably affecting a lot of people.
  • Options
    @telemwill lol xD it was harvestfest in my game too btw! And until then it was okay for a while. I was close to calling it a victory, but nope.. I'm done for today 😂
    @logion that is really the only silver lining here for me. It's so widespread and with an EP on the way, they're not likely to ignore it for a month.
  • Options
    citramicitrami Posts: 5 New Member
    > @SimQARobo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Can you send it through my profile page?
    >
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/SimQARobo
    >
    > If not, then I think it's OK to post in two comments here in this thread.

Sorry, I ended up going to bed and just finished work now. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and it appears to be fixed now.
  • Options
    Toddly13Toddly13 Posts: 42 Member
    spend4zen wrote: »
    Toddly13 wrote: »
    Reinstalling the latest version of visual c++ runtime worked to get my game to launch. I know someone else mentioned that earlier. You have to know if you're 32 bit (the x86 link) or 64 bit (the x64 link) version of Windows. My husband is much more computer savvy, so I waited for his expertise before trying to fix anything myself. I'm going to play test now in hopes of no further crashes.

You can download using this link.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

We should not have to do all this to run a game. I have no idea how to do this and I dont know if it will mess up My computer. I did notice that I had to agree to permissions that mentioned these programs before the game finished installing updates. Now I get the game is already running error. I cant find it running anywhere, it is not in Task Manager, and I even defraged My System and did a hard restart. I still get the same error message.

I absolutely agree that we shouldn't need to do this to play the game post patch. I never would have tried to download things on my own if I didn't have a computer engineer living in my house who fixes everything I mess up. I never had to give permissions to download the patch/start the game, but I don't have an added anti-virus type programs outside of the basic Windows stuff. I finally got it working and honestly didn't play the game long enough to encounter any of the new features. Waiting for more reviews on sentiments to see if it's worth it. I'm back to Sims 2/3 for now.

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Yup, I got a permissions request from my antivirus software too, and that has never happened before. I had Norton. I uninstalled it, and right now I am only using Windows Defender, that is built into my computer until I can reinstall PCMatic, which I hope will not cause a problem. I had other irritations with Norton pre-patch which is why I am switching but it sounds like there’s something in this patch that antivirus software doesn’t like, and it’s preventing the game from fully communicating with people’s PCs.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have Norton as my antivirus software and it did not stop me from installing the update, nor did I get a warning message.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,908 Member
    Yup, it just happened to me as well.
  • Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    I am also having this issue. I've removed all mods/CC, repaired the game multiple times, updated my PC (Windows), checked my graphics driver for updates, updated the C+++ file, and disabled my antivirus. My game is still crashing.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm also having this problem, along with being unable to create new clubs without the game freezing and then crashing to desktop. I have no CC or mods, I have repaired my game but its still happening. I've reinstalling now to see if this helps. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, before Snowy Escapes as I won't be buying it until the game is more stable.

@Euryphaessa Talking about clubs, members do not change into club outfits since the patch in my game.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,453 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Judging by the growing thread at AHQ it's a common issue after patch. I suggest as many people as possible having this issue at least hit "me too" button. This needs a hotfix asap (

P.S. At AHQ one of the users suggested that updating C++ solved crashing problem for them, unfortunately I can't confirm this from my side. I've updated C++ as well but got a third crash after. So far updating video-card drivers, updating C++ and repairing game did not help me.

Updating C++ doesn't solve the crashing but it fixes a problem with missing files that makes it impossible to start the game.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    EdithV wrote: »
    Do we think they will put one out? Is there any news on a fix?

No news, however a hot fix seems likely as people will not be able to play the new Expansion Pack on Friday and that is going to displease a lot of people.

You can follow updates here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Crashes-after-November-2020-Patch/td-p/9719086 more and more users are posting every minute so this is probably affecting a lot of people.

Yes I hope they do a fix by Friday it’s so frustrating
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    Having the same issue. This is the first expansion pack I planned to actually buy at full price when it came out but now it looks like I won't be able to play at all unless they get this fixed. I did upload all the info they are asking for on the tech support board. The more people that do this the faster they will be able to figure out the issue so if you haven't yet, please do.