March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues after patch.

Comments

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Just happened to me too, only after 5 min in the game
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,902 Member
    logion wrote: »
    spend4zen wrote: »
    I have tried all these and I am still getting an error message that The Sims4 is already running and the game wont launch. I play on Windows 10 alienware, completly updated, and have uninstalled, reinstalled both Origin and sims4. Nothing works.

Here is the Answer HQ post. Crinrict have posted links to suggestions that you could try, one user got it working after changing their permissions so that their Electronic Arts folder in Documents have read/write permissions for all users on your computer.

That's what I said in my previous post.

The message I got from before the installation loaded had three provisos I had to agree too and one of them was assuming that my system had been completely been brought up to date with runtimes etc., etc. I've forgotten which now as I just ticked the box. The whole Origin program page was blurred out until I ticked that box. Check the programs that have been refused on the Security settings.

If you have Windows I would suggest you get the latest updates of it and the latest from your computer manufacturer too, plus the latest video drivers. This is probably due to Microsoft & EA play getting ready for this.....

EA Play Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC on December 15

I've just built a rental lot in Brindleton Bay so having not problems here.

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Judging by the growing thread at AHQ it's a common issue after patch. I suggest as many people as possible having this issue at least hit "me too" button. This needs a hotfix asap (

P.S. At AHQ one of the users suggested that updating C++ solved crashing problem for them, unfortunately I can't confirm this from my side. I've updated C++ as well but got a third crash after. So far updating video-card drivers, updating C++ and repairing game did not help me.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I'm having a slightly different problem. Everytime I try to launch my game, Origin pops up and verifies all my packs. It takes forever. Anyone else have this issue?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,710 Member
    edited November 2020
    So_Money wrote: »
    What is going on? There’s enough smoke here that there has to be a fire.

Users shouldn’t have to download runtime packages or mess around with NTFS permissions. This is ludicrous. Not sure how it made it through testing.

Glad I’m not playing these days.

Yeah, I have not downloaded the update yet. What's pretty bad for the people who have these problems are that they have to download this update if they want to play the next Expansion Pack. I expect a lot of people will post on Answer HQ and on the forums when that pack releases if it does not get fixed for them...

And I agree, users should not have to download runtime packages (unless they are using old drivers), mess around with NTFS permissions or add the game as an exception for their antivirus software. Not for a game that is sold from a serious company.

But I guess the problem is also that these people could be running on old computers, which is why they are asking for people to post about in on Answer HQ...
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I had the game shut down once and then a second time the whole thing froze and I had to force close it. After the first crash I started saving frequently and got an error that the game couldn't save. I use no mods or cc but I do have Norton. I ran a repair but it took over an hour so I stopped waiting and went to bed. I'm hoping it works today. My sims also can't take photos and all my photos wiped out in the update.
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    It happened in my game, and then I repaired it. After the repair, I was able to play for about an hour without crashing.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    My game just crashed again randomly for the second time since the patch, it rarely ever crashed prior to it. Really hoping they issue a quick fix. Thankfully I've been trying to save relatively regularly so I only lost half an hour this time
  • Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Has anyone seen that EA is aware of all the people who can't play the game right now? I would think they'd want to get this fixed ASAP or their Snowy Escape sales will most likely suffer on Friday.
  • EuryphaessaEuryphaessa Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm also having this problem, along with being unable to create new clubs without the game freezing and then crashing to desktop. I have no CC or mods, I have repaired my game but its still happening. I've reinstalling now to see if this helps. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, before Snowy Escapes as I won't be buying it until the game is more stable.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,710 Member
    edited November 2020
    Bird166 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen that EA is aware of all the people who can't play the game right now? I would think they'd want to get this fixed ASAP or their Snowy Escape sales will most likely suffer on Friday.

They are aware of the issue, this seems to be the main thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Crashes-after-November-2020-Patch/td-p/9719086 if you are experiencing the same problems, click "me too" on crinrict's post and you can also describe your issue and provide information which will help them solve it.

Yeah, they will most likely get a lot of people who can't play the new EP on Friday. So that's not going to be fun.
  • Madds1914Madds1914 Posts: 16 Member
    > @SimQARobo said:
    > Hello again.
    >
    > If anyone is still running into this error with MSVCP140.DLL or VCRUNTIME140.DLL, can you please send screenshot(s) or text of the list of "Microsoft Visual C++" Redistributables you have installed? You can find these in the list of installed programs/apps on your computer.

I have distributers from 2015-2019, 2013, and 2010
    I do also have an update available so ill do that and check back when there's an emergency patch
    updating did nothing origin launched at restart and had the same error messages
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I updated the game and took all my mods out when I did so, I replaced the mccc and ui mods to their most recent updates but my game keeps crashing. Is there something I’ve missed?
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Toddly13 wrote: »
    Reinstalling the latest version of visual c++ runtime worked to get my game to launch. I know someone else mentioned that earlier. You have to know if you're 32 bit (the x86 link) or 64 bit (the x64 link) version of Windows. My husband is much more computer savvy, so I waited for his expertise before trying to fix anything myself. I'm going to play test now in hopes of no further crashes.

You can download using this link.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

We should not have to do all this to run a game. I have no idea how to do this and I dont know if it will mess up My computer. I did notice that I had to agree to permissions that mentioned these programs before the game finished installing updates. Now I get the game is already running error. I cant find it running anywhere, it is not in Task Manager, and I even defraged My System and did a hard restart. I still get the same error message.
    logion wrote: »
    spend4zen wrote: »
    I have tried all these and I am still getting an error message that The Sims4 is already running and the game wont launch. I play on Windows 10 alienware, completly updated, and have uninstalled, reinstalled both Origin and sims4. Nothing works.

Here is the Answer HQ post. Crinrict have posted links to suggestions that you could try, one user got it working after changing their permissions so that their Electronic Arts folder in Documents have read/write permissions for all users on your computer.

I don't know how to do this? I do not want to mess up My entire computer. I would need step by step instructions on how to do it. I have done everything I can think of within the stretch of My computer knowledge. I think EA should just fix there update. But instructions would be very welcome. :)
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    It seems to be a bug - there is a number of people having the same issue, hopefully they fix it because my game is unplayable.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-crashing-since-November-2020-update-NOT-CC/td-p/9717689
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    When I went to install the patch I got a pop-up that mentioned the visual c++, was asked to continue and then it installed fine and ran fine.

The visual c++ should (and it looks like from when I installed) be part of the patch, which means it would install (or overwrite) automatically with the patch install. Most computers have visual c++ on them for various reasons.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    Hello again.

If anyone is still running into this error with MSVCP140.DLL or VCRUNTIME140.DLL, can you please send screenshot(s) or text of the list of "Microsoft Visual C++" Redistributables you have installed? You can find these in the list of installed programs/apps on your computer.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do I know what the error is called? I can send you the lastCrash.txt & dxdiag?
    Thanks guys, I hope they do an emergency patch, I can’t get through a sim day without it crashing
    I successfully did all the steps for permissions on the sims4 files, lord knows now what is messed up on My computer, but it did no good anyway, still getting the game is already running error. EA needs to do an update to fix there update. We should not have to rebuild our system to play the game.!!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Mine has only crashed the once and since playing it today the lag is terrible and the graphics are really blurry even more than usual. I have to have my graphics on low setting due to having a low end laptop so I don’t expect them to be amazing but sims and objects look more blurry then they usually do.
    Do we think they will put one out? Is there any news on a fix?