March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No new premade households in Mt. Komorebi?

I know we had some on the trailers, but usually they aren't added to the game like Claire from Eco Lifestyle. But I thought we would've some living in the town to play with. The new interactive map, however, implies that all of the lots are either vacant for your sims to live, or are rental lots,
As a brazilian/south american, I've felt really offended by the lack of premade sims living in Selvadorada, like if we aren't good or cool enough to have representatives of us in the game beyond auto-generated ugly and bad dressed townies. And now this? I really hope there's a mistake going on, cuz I love premade sims and I want local sims to play in Mt. Komorebi.
What are your guys thoughts?

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The map is just a template for viewing, there's definitely gonna be premades. The map doesn't show any houses in the world either but there will definitely be builds there. I think they've talked about how some sims live in the winter area where you can vacation
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Karon
    :D Revelation! This is a resort world in expansion form so there should be no locals there. They are Colonial Resort for Corporate Nation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,074 Member
    It wouldn't bother me if there wasn't. If it's supposed to have an Asian theme, I can make Asian townies in CAS
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Onverser IDK, if you visit the interactive map there's only rental lots in the winter area, how could be someone living there? And if you click on the symbols on the other lots, all of them say that they are empty waiting for your sism to move in.

"These lots are just waiting for new Sims to move into town. Build the perfect home here or look into starter homes to settle into life in Mt. Komorebi."

That's what they say. UNLESS the rental lot on this pack are a new type, like in real life that you can rent a room for someone, but you still inhabit the house. I don't remember how they are called, but in the interactive map they reference the rental lots as "these new rental lot types". Maybe it is actually a new type with more beyond the ability of adding them to regular worlds?
    edited October 2020
    It wouldn't bother me if there wasn't. If it's supposed to have an Asian theme, I can make Asian townies in CAS

@Nate_Whiplash1 oh, they might as well not add ANY premade sim to any world (oh gosh please no), otherwise it still offends me greatly.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I really hope there are premises, I enjoy discovering them as part of the new world
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,074 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    I really hope there are premises, I enjoy discovering them as part of the new world

Oh, I do love a good premise :wink:
    @EdithV me too. And to see who's going to match my legacy heir as a partner, or a new friend. Or even when I play with MCCC I love to see whats going to happen between them.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm sorry there were no Selvadoradan premades. That seems strange.

I'm hoping for some Mount Komorebi premades too. I also hope someone on the gallery makes the Sim from the trailer. I really like her.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I'm sorry there were no Selvadoradan premades. That seems strange.

I'm hoping for some Mount Komorebi premades too. I also hope someone on the gallery makes the Sim from the trailer. I really like her.

Maybe it was my fault to expect them to add a selvadoradian household, cuz I had Sims 3 World Adventures in my mind. We had native sims in each world on that pack. But ok... what can I say? Its Sims 4.
    Yes, me too. She looks so cute. But I'm still hoping that a simguru will add all the premades from Tiny Living, Eco Lifestyle, Journey to Batuu and Snowy Escape. I think we had the main characters of each pack prior to that.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    I wish the snowboarding guy in the cover is one of the premades, also the mom with her son on the sled

I do like premades with unique face and not over the top like most sims in the gallery.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    EdithV wrote: »

Oh, I do love a good premise :wink:

😂😂
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,206 Member
    What I gathered from the new videos of the game changers who built the houses in Mt. Komorebi, there are three new premade families:

- Akiyama, consisting of two adults (Jenna and Kado) and two kids (a girl named Miki, but I don't know the boy's name);
    - Ito, another couple with two kids, one is a male teenager and the other a female child, but I didn't catch any of their names;
    - Nishidake, an elderly couple and their teenage (?) granddaughter, again no first names.

11 sims in total, but unless the narrator of the gameplay trailer and her girlfriend are added later, they're not among them.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Hopefully they'll add the two girls from the trailer to their Maxis account, I really missed not seeing Cora or Claire there. I love premades too, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm sure it will have some pre-mades.
    What I gathered from the new videos of the game changers who built the houses in Mt. Komorebi, there are three new premade families:

- Akiyama, consisting of two adults (Jenna and Kado) and two kids (a girl named Miki, but I don't know the boy's name);
    - Ito, another couple with two kids, one is a male teenager and the other a female child, but I didn't catch any of their names;
    - Nishidake, an elderly couple and their teenage (?) granddaughter, again no first names.

11 sims in total, but unless the narrator of the gameplay trailer and her girlfriend are added later, they're not among them.

Which videos did you watch to get this info please?
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,206 Member
    @EdithV
    Lilsimsie built the homes of the Ito and Nishidake families. She was careful not to tell us too much about them, though, which is why I couldn't find out their first names:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esW1FxyeeR4

SimLicy made the home for the other family, Akiyama, and as she presents it, her mouse sometimes lingers over their beds, revealing their first names:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX8iSdi814I
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Me too, I have enough households.
    @EdithV
    Lilsimsie built the homes of the Ito and Nishidake families. She was careful not to tell us too much about them, though, which is why I couldn't find out their first names:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esW1FxyeeR4

SimLicy made the home for the other family, Akiyama, and as she presents it, her mouse sometimes lingers over their beds, revealing their first names:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX8iSdi814I

Thanks so much! I love hearing about the new premades ❤️
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I don't ever play with the pre-mades, so I'm not concerned if there are none.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I evict the majority of the premades immediately, and the only reason I don't kill them all off instead is whatever grows in their place is guaranteed to be much worst.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've gotten rid of a lot of the more boring premades in my game (like generic attractive young adults), but I've absolutely fallen in love with others (like Knox, the Realm of Magic characters, Vlad, and Caleb).
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I DO play with premades on a randomized rotation so I was a little worried for a few moments there.

Looks like it's a lot of new families which means I focus more on the kids than the adults. What plans for your futures shall I create?
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
    @GrumpyGlowfish thankfully we'll have those premade families, I fell happy again.

@Bloosmoo Claire was supposed to be added to the maxis account, but... I guess they gave up completely their official account as they haven't uploaded anything this whole year. But, anyway, who's Cora?
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    There do seem to be pre-mades, but I will have to change their names if I use them - way too long they are.