Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like babies to be freed from the bassinet?

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes
    Yes, so i can put them on the road
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    No
    Nope. They're high maintenance as they are. Although I suppose if they were free, I could do the ol- shiftclickanddisablemotivedecay trick.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes
    Babies have never been interesting in past games... what makes it any different in Sims 4? Also, I'm willing to bet most people who complain about wanting babies "freed" from the bassinets are just gonna age them up in 2 or 3 days after birth anyway... I'm not usually someone who defends EA, but the whole "controversy" revolving around babies in Sims 4 is just because people want something to whine and complain about. Babies are so pointless and would provide so little gameplay that even if they were "freed", it would barely change anything.

I have never aged up a baby early in any of my sims games. I don't like skipping life stages just cause they take more effort to care for.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Yes
    My vote is yes, for those who really want it :)

Personally I am in the "could not care less" group, as I will age them up anyway asap.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    No
    I went No because they’d just wind up back in the bassinet so the sim can be free to do other things.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Yes
    I would love to be able to sit with them on the rocking chair, also give them some nice baths in the basin like sims 2 :D
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes
    me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes
    I miss the playable babies from Sims 3. Having to quickly age up the baby to toddler just so it's playable is rediculous.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2020
    The Justine Keaton option.
    It is not essential for me. I just want the bassinets to be draggable so I can move my babies around the house.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely! I never age up babies even now (nor did I in TS2 & TS3). And if they'll be turned into a full fledged life stage Sims Freeplay style I definitely will be more than happy to play with them.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Yes
    I don't see the point in wasting time "freeing" babies from the basinets when most players are still just gonna age them up within a day or two anyway.

This claim, with how much "Yes" is defeating "No" in this poll, doesn't hold fruit.

Your claim, while ignoring the rest of my comment where I point out that people are only complaining about this because they want something to complain about, doesn't hold up either.

What exactly do you all plan to do with babies if they're freed from the bassinets? I'd love to hear it... all I can think of is giving them like one or two baths in the sink, and then aging them up because that would get boring after doing it a couple times.

I want an ability to take babies to community lots in strollers or even baby slings, because I hate leaving poor creatures at home when the whole family is out.
    I want babies to crawl and interact not only with adult sims, but with toddlers and pets too.
    So I don't want useless babies freed from the crib just to lie around, I want babies to be a proper life stage. TS4 has the best toddlers, maybe one day we'll have the best babies. :)

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    I think babies are adorable as they are. But I would also love to be able to take them places and have them out of their bassinets! Sure, let's free the babies! :)

I also like the idea of just having a stroller that acts like the bassinet, if we can't have free babies.
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    I need this. In my main save, I’m playing with ridiculously long lifespans (28-day seasons, with my Sims aging 1 year every in-game year). That mostly works, but leaving my Sims’ babies as objects for 168 days just doesn’t sound like fun.

Converting them from objects to Sims might not be possible, but they could add another stage where they can learn to crawl, stand up etc. and leave the current one as a newborn stage.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    Yes
    Yes yes yes please! I loved babies in Sims 3, being able to put them in a swing seat and having more interactions, babies IRL are babies for more than a couple of days y'know so for family players having more realism and having babies that are free and more interactive would be so much better.

@Lustianicia I dont age babies up after a couple of days you might find them boring but quite a few of us like the baby stage and want more for that stage of life.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yes
    Pointless poll, cos it'll never happen, but... #FreeTheBabies
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    It is not a big deal but it would be nice if we could carry them around the house and give them a bath or feed them while sitting on the couch. What I miss most is an easy way to switch bassinets. I don't need a massive overhaul, but I would appreciate if they added a few details as an acknowledgement that they are actually people, not decorations.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No
    I couldn't care less about babies, toddlers are way cuter and more fun. It'd be nice to have the option of having them in a proper crib instead of a bassinet though.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Option: I don't really care and id rather have many other things than that but i also won't complain if they are freed
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Yes
    Personally, I don't care much about babies either way, but I am not opposed to them being improved, as it's something many simmers want.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Yes
    I think it would be good to free the babies so sims could take them with them when they visit other lots and not have them be raised by nannies called automatically by the game. Sims should still be able to collect stuff, work, or take a vacation when they have a baby.
  • Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    No
    I prefer bassinets, I always thought babies on the floor were poor things :( :D

For reals I don't have anything against freeing them, but I personally think toddlers are enough for me atm :)
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Yes
    Personally I'm on the fence about them right now. I always did love the babies in sims 2 and 3 but at this point I'm more concerned with all the fixes first.
    Although I'm not apposed to them still having the bassinet as long as they were a little more improved. (There was no other option so I ended up going yes).
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    The short answer is no, I'm not very interested in improving the babies. However there are some small things I would like like having a playmat where the baby could be placed instead of the bassinet and dressing up (which we already got in Nifty Knitting). People just usually want huge stuff and I'm not up for those.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I don't have a preference. It was both fun and frustrating being able to take and leave babies everywhere. There's both good and bad to always knowing which corner of the house the baby is in.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    No
    I age them up as as soon as they pop out