Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like babies to be freed from the bassinet?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
As the title says...

I wouldn't mind if babies were freed from the bassinet. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Would you like babies to be freed from the bassinet? 305 votes

Yes
70%
crocobauraBluegaylewinkeljohn78Kita5399Goth583GalacticGalsketchesbandit5alexspoom13alan650111IceyJCabelle1863Bluebeard45PseudonymsAlexaiCamkatHoneydewBreeNillaGoodywoodxMint 215 votes
No
29%
IcewolfstoryyWrenrylisamwittPlayerSinger2010VibseTheSpotted_CBloosmooBeardedgeekfriendlysimmerscchant86SavorySageg01denswanloubylouloualanmichael1Simberella777witchypieMindofyToriesuzanna13 90 votes

Comments

• KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    No
    Babies are way down my list of concerns. I age them up pretty darn fast anyway.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely yes. I want them to be real Sims and not objects.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    I chose yes because I don't care either way. I have zero interest in babies even if they make them toddler style. I want more content for kids kids kids. Then teens and toddlers. How long is anyone really gonna play with babies?
    And for my playstyle my sim never even have babies lol. I had a pregnant sim once in 2015 just to see what it was like. That was the end of that😅😅😅
    Honestly I believe they are coming either way and I'm fine with that.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    Yes
    Yes, Id say most who played the sims 2 or 3 would vote yes. We've seen the potential for babies & in the sims 2 they were SOO CUTE! Bathing them in the sink, changing the diaper on an actual change table & putting them in the bouncer & giving them dummies!

This is a LIFE simulation game, how can you NOT INCLUDE the VERY START OF LIFE, as a baby. Its just BEYOND me that they went with this decision - more like ran out of time to make it any differently as they rushed to launch...
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Yes
    I'm a family game player. Not being able to play with babies like in Sims 2 and 3 irritates me. Free the babies! :D
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    Babies have never been interesting in past games... what makes it any different in Sims 4? Also, I'm willing to bet most people who complain about wanting babies "freed" from the bassinets are just gonna age them up in 2 or 3 days after birth anyway... I'm not usually someone who defends EA, but the whole "controversy" revolving around babies in Sims 4 is just because people want something to whine and complain about. Babies are so pointless and would provide so little gameplay that even if they were "freed", it would barely change anything.

I'd much prefer the developers work on something that's actually useful... like, I don't know, fixing the dozens of bugs that are currently in the game... or adding features that would actually change the gameplay (like cars, farming, werewolves, amusement parks, etc). If we're gonna focus on improving a specific life stage, it should be teenagers... they literally need the most improvement right now. The fact that they're treated like mini adults is ridiculous!

I don't see the point in wasting time "freeing" babies from the basinets when most players are still just gonna age them up within a day or two anyway.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    No
    I wouldn't mind having other objects they can be moved to (playpen/playmat, bouncy chair, maybe even a stroller) But I don't want actually free babies. Just to be able to move them from the basinett to someplace closer in the house to wherever the adults are skilling up. (I tend to play in large houses.)

Asside from personally having zero interest in more baby gameplay, I don't think they stay babies long enough in Normal lifespan to be worth it. I know you can play on long life or with aging off, but when designing a feature for the game I think they need to consider what works on the default normal lifespan.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Yes
    Lol @Colton147147 this one gets both yes/no answers? 😂

I do want them freed. It's sad they're just stuck there. And you can still age them up really fast if you want, but it provides a better experience for the people who do want it. Personally I'm a family player but age babies up super fast because I'm very impatient and don't like managing them or toddlers. Lol. I'd probably still age them up fast if they were freed.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Yes
    I said yes but I'm actually on the fence with this one. Yes, I want babies to be babies and not objects that get put in the family inventory when your household moves. However, I also didn't like them being left outside in the snow in TS3. If there was a way to not have that happen then it would be 100% yes. Now, it's just 80% :).
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    No
    No, absolutely not. I don’t care about babies and never will. They are fine as objects, the toddler stage is so well developed, and the wee things, I mean sims; are so adorable, there is no need to spend resources on a silly demand.

I think a lot of these wishes comes from boredom and a habit of continually ask for something. It would be nice if the forum is used for another purpose than to repeat in eternity the same demands. The babies in TS3 were so cute, and that game can still be played if wanted. I see no reason to iterate features over and over; but appreciate when the game presents new gameplay. We are getting rental as well as living lots now, how fun!
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    No
    I chose no, since there wasn't a "depends" option lol.
    I, personally, wouldn't want them to be taken out of the bassinet unless there were more interactions. I'd like to be able to play with them on the floor, try to teach them to roll-over on their bellies, play with toys, play peek-a-boo, etc. I wouldn't want them to stay as a "new born" forever, but as a developing infant.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Yes
    Babies have never been interesting in past games... what makes it any different in Sims 4? Also, I'm willing to bet most people who complain about wanting babies "freed" from the bassinets are just gonna age them up in 2 or 3 days after birth anyway...

Just speaking for myself, but in Sims 2 and 3 my babies were babies for 1-2 sim weeks. It has sucked not being able to fully interact with the babies.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yes
    I picked yes, but I really couldn't care less. They'd be aged up in the same amount of time after birth anyway, which is very shortly, if not immediately after. If they would improve teens, though, that would be something.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Yes
    I would love for that too happen <3 I just hope it does not break my baby outfits in the process, got much more to update if that happens again this time round ;)
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Yes
    I don't see the point in wasting time "freeing" babies from the basinets when most players are still just gonna age them up within a day or two anyway.

This claim, with how much "Yes" is defeating "No" in this poll, doesn't hold fruit.
    edited October 2020
    No

This claim, with how much "Yes" is defeating "No" in this poll, doesn't hold fruit.

Your claim, while ignoring the rest of my comment where I point out that people are only complaining about this because they want something to complain about, doesn't hold up either.

What exactly do you all plan to do with babies if they're freed from the bassinets? I'd love to hear it... all I can think of is giving them like one or two baths in the sink, and then aging them up because that would get boring after doing it a couple times.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
    No
    Babies have never been interesting in past games... what makes it any different in Sims 4? Also, I'm willing to bet most people who complain about wanting babies "freed" from the bassinets are just gonna age them up in 2 or 3 days after birth anyway...

Just speaking for myself, but in Sims 2 and 3 my babies were babies for 1-2 sim weeks. It has 🎃🎃🎃🎃 not being able to fully interact with the babies.

What exactly did you (or do you) plan on doing with babies for 1-2 Sim weeks? Because even in Sims 2 and Sims 3, their gameplay was extremely limited and had almost nothing of true value.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
    No
    I'm a family game player. Not being able to play with babies like in Sims 2 and 3 irritates me. Free the babies! :D

In what ways do you recall "playing" with babies in Sims 2 and Sims 3? Because I certainly don't remember any depth gameplay with them in either game... babies have always been the most boring life stage. All you can do is feed them, change their diaper, and bathe them.

People are constantly complaining about wanting to "free" babies, but never give any reasons to why it should be done. I've yet to hear any examples of gameplay "freeing" babies would provide.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    No

Have you read the responses though? Many of the 'yes' are saying in their comments that they age babies up early and would continue to do so. I think the poll needed a 'I dont care' option.
    No
    CelSims wrote: »

Have you read the responses though? Many of the 'yes' are saying in their comments that they age babies up early and would continue to do so. I think the poll needed a 'I dont care' option.

THANK YOU!

I have no idea how so many 'yes' responses somehow equates to my point not making sense... people are still gonna end up aging their babies within a day or two, regardless... the fact that many people still want the babies "freed", despite that, doesn't make a difference.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    No
    I would not object to a stroller that acted exactly like the bassinet but allowed the family to leave the house together, but I can also live without it fairly easily.
    The only extra thing I remember being able to do with babies in Sims 2 was bathe them, other than that I think they had fewer interactions than the bassinet, and the thing where sims left them on the floor all the time was incredibly annoying.