Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When Will You be Getting Your Sims Ready for Christmas?

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    Other
    My Sims follow their own calendar, so they will celebrate Winterfest whenever it comes up for them. What I do depends on the Sim. Some Sims are very nonchalant about the holiday, while my elder Sim, Raelynn, loves to decorate the entire house like crazy. Last Winterfest, she and her husband had the entire family over for a giant Grand Meal, and they all opened presents together.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    I am so far from even thinking about it.
    It isn't even Halloween yet! Way too soon to be thinking about Christmas.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Other
    My sims celebrate Winterfest every 16 sim-weeks. It does look likely that this year I'll be playing All Spook's Eve, Harvestfest and Winterfest all in November, by coincidence.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Don't celebrate Christmas (tell us about your holiday)
    Eid..
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Other
    I don't decorate my Sims' houses to match holidays in real life. I only decorate for their holidays in game. It's usually business as usual in my game around real-life holidays. When it comes to their holidays, I go all out decorating...sometimes.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    They are all ready - bring on the holidays!!
    Right after I get Snowy Escape.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    They celebrate it whenever it comes up on their calendar. I’m always in the mood for Winterfest, no matter what time of year it is IRL. I make a few holidays out of it- getting the tree the weekend before (so I can enjoy it for a few days), then Winterfest Eve they have a nice ham dinner with family guests, Father Winter comes, and then Winterfest day.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other
    I have seasons, so that type of holiday is celebrated when it is winter in-game.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited October 2020
    I am not a holiday person irl, so I don't really get the preparing for Christmas thing. As we don't celebrate Thanksgiving or Halloween in my country, hoilday season won't start before December.
    In game? Whenever Winterfest comes along, I'll get them a tree and some presents. No Father Winter, it's too much of a pain to get everyone to meet him and ask for presents, especially in bigger households, it lost the charm for me after a couple of times.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'm so excited, I don't know where to start!
    OMG - I just got a great idea. When I get SE I am going to put all Christmas themed houses and buildings in it and save it at Christmas World. I'll always have a world filled with my favorite time of year.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Like me and all the sims in my game celebrate Yule. My sims celebrate Yule when it comes around in their calendar actually the next big holiday is Samhain (Halloween) coming up in my main games calendar. Yule in my game pretty much the same as winterfest but instead of father winter as a holiday thing they have open presents. They still have a festive meal, holiday spirit and decorate the house.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Other
    At Christmas. I keep the seasons with my own.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Other
    Once again I feel a little regret at owning Seasons. It would be nice to have longer seasons, and to have my Sims’ holidays match mine more closely.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Other
    I use the seasons in my game. I have a mod that allows for 21 days for each season, which allows time for more things to do. I consult it often to see just when Winterfest is scheduled, once winter rolls around. Then I start to decorate accordingly. Yes, it takes time, but sometimes I just need that little pause in the game, too. I will build a house, sometimes. Then I get right back into gameplay.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Other
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I deleted all the holidays on the calendar. Especially "Christmas" because I was tired of all the decorations happening on all my lots including bars and others. And then there was no way to take them off.

I don't use the calendar system at all that came with Seasons......

Wait. I did. I used it to add summer vacay for them so they get time off from work and school. But no requirements. No decorations. No nothing but time off.

I got a little tired of having to call in each day before 8 to stop them from going to work or school. In fact, I don't even play with families with kids because of auto-school.

Now, that's a rather creative way to do it. Me? I use the MCCC mod so I can have my school-age Sims enjoy a summer vacation. I just have to remember to resume school about two days prior to when I want them to start back again. Labor Day falls on the first Monday in September. When I was a kid, we started the new school 'year' the next day, Tuesday. (My kids, on the other hand didn't start back to school until the Thursday of that same week. Weird. Just weird.) I start my Sims on Tuesday. ;)

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MoonSimmer1MoonSimmer1 Posts: 24 Member
    Started, feel like I will never finish decorating.
    After this "amazing" year we need a little Christmas right now! It already smells like Christmas to me, even if it's only october. 🎅💙
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'm so excited, I don't know where to start!
    After this "amazing" year we need a little Christmas right now! It already smells like Christmas to me, even if it's only October. 🎅💙

Could not agree with you more. I am hoping to visit family in Florida for Christmas again this year. No snow, but I can pick a layover in Minneapolis and there is a good chance I will see some.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited October 2020
    As soon as my sims set foot in the new snowy world and then again when it's RL Christmas lol so twice this year for them :)
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'll wait until December. :)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Other
    I just do it when it comes up in the game. If I'm playing a family and it's around the corner I might set up for it. In some saves I have a Christmas Cabin in OR... so it's easy to send them on vacation that way. I'm not much of a decorator and to put them down and take them up house by house since I play more in rotation is rare for me. Maybe I'll put up another Christmas rental in SE when it drops :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    blur0seblur0se Posts: 85 Member
    My Sims will be celebrating Chanukah
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited October 2020
    This makes me think about how we need a (ignores this holiday) option for households/sims on the calendar that we can click on. That way if we switch between multiple households in one save, but they have different interests, then we don't have to delete the holiday all together just for that household.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Once we celebrate Thanksgiving in RL, I'll be playing more than I have been and that means my Sims will have the time to properly enjoy the holiday season. I have been doing a lot of volunteer work for the last six weeks that has eaten into my gaming time, but that will end soon and I cannot wait to get back to my game.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2020
    I like to play the holidays & weather according to my own in real life. Right now my sim is getting ready for Halloween but won’t celebrate it until the actual day in real life lol. Same goes for the rest. She is stuck in fall season though & I use the machine to keep it that way until winter starts.
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Other
    I celebrate the seasons with the inworld calendar. So it could be July for me and they could be in mid-winter.