Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homebound Holiday Gift Exchange ~ Closed!

Comments

• Options
    oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    Hi, @Rflong7! :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I so happy to see you are going to participate, @oliv3. I love seeing your builds.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Peeks in and says hello everyone.

Look what I have!

Buddy Letter form:

Username: Puddinroy

Link to your Sims 3 My Page:https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Puddinroy (read no. 3 listed above!)

I have installed the following Expansion Packs:ALL

I have installed the following Stuff Packs:ALL except for Fast Lane.

I own the following Store Content: Most of it.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: Riverview, Twinbrook, SunsetValley, Lucky Palms, Lunar Lakes, Hidden Springs, Midnight Hollow, Moonlight Falls, Barncale Bay, Dragon Valley and Apposla Plains

Some of my favorite colors are: BRIGHT COLORS

I really don’t like this color: PINK, OR LIKE GIRLY PINK

I love to use items from this set: Anything

I prefer to play in this EA-made World:Lunar Lakes

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Rflong7

ANY OF THEIR WORLDS

I enjoy this style of build the most: GET CREATIVE(Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern)

I really don’t want this in my game:N/A

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) Just the normal sized lots. :)

I want/don’t want berry sims: ALL COLORS OF SIMS ARE GREAT.

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) ANY. I will warn you, I'm not very good with vampires. Teeheee

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!) I would like a dog or two. Prefabbly a mini schnuazer and a keeshond.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) Yes, a couple of points in cooking, fishing, gardening. The dogs 1 point please.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) Points in cooking

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!) Collecting. The gem cutter from Supernatural.

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) Is it bad that most of the sims I play don't have a car.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) I love the WWE. It would be cool if a Jeff Hardy sim was made.

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are other preferences I haven’t thought of. If you would rather send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~

If you’re having trouble figuring out what to say in your letter, peek at the previous gift exchange for ideas.
    Summer Fest Gift Exchange

Don’t worry. Have FUN!
    Your Buddy will <3 what you make for them!
    :) Smile!

• Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    i was happy to see i was tagged here but sadly i can't join because i don't have power and can't play sims but if i do get power before the sign up period ends i will let you guys know.
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    Hi @seaben, good to see you even though it's a short visit. :smiley:
  • Options
    its good to see you to @simlibby :)
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    Thanks @LMC6255 and @SamelaRita. This exchange "thing" is very lively. Already at the third tab and the gift exchange has not even started yet. Awesome! B)

Of course, hi to everybody :smiley:
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Link to your Sims 3 My Page: ... (read no. 3 listed above!)
    @Puddinroy, hope it's ok I just send you a friend request. I have not send in my buddy letter but I will do that soon.
  • Options
    yes the gift exchange earlier this year got to be 33 pages there was some neat creations if you want to see them @simlibby https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974588/summer-fest-gift-exchange-done#latest oh and @SamelaRita even came up with a challenge called the one tomato challenge that was fun but sadly i havnt gotten a chance to play it in a while
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @SimLibby: Of course that's fine. Will go in game tomorrow. :) Waves night!
    :) Smile!

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Welcome back @Puddinroy :)
  • Options
    seaben wrote: »
    i was happy to see i was tagged here but sadly i can't join because i don't have power and can't play sims but if i do get power before the sign up period ends i will let you guys know.

Wishing things improve and power returns soon! {BIG Hugs}
    Even if you're unable to join this time, please feel free to join in the chat as often as you're able to.
  • Options
    Good morning everyone :)<3:)
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    morning, dropping by with some early noms & a holiday themed beverage bar

d71f7faeac7527e0f8353f593f237792.jpg

chacuteri-brunch-board-with-eggs-4.jpg
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Thank you @ciane! I actually saw your post about this on your exchange page, so I thought I'd check it out since I missed the last gift exchange!
  • Options
    Hi, @seaben! Miss seeing you around, I hope all is well with you & that power will soon return! <3
  • Options
    Thank you @oliv3
  • Options
    Buddy Letter form:

Username: SimLibby

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/SimLibby

I have installed the following Expansion Packs *: Worldadventures, Ambitions and Late Night. The holiday’s are around the corner so I’m going to install Seasons for this gift exchange as well. Seems fitting, right.

I have installed the following Stuff Packs *: Fast Lane.

* Please don’t go by what is listed on My Page. With what I currently have installed and all my store items it already takes long to load.

I own the following Store Content:
    • Premium content: All except Wood Fire Oven and Dragons.
    • Venues: All except The Golden Ticket Toy Shop (Thanks to Kylieb191 I do own The Titanic Toy Machine).
    • Worlds: All except Monte Vista and Dragon Valley.
    • Build/Buy: All.
    • Create a Sim: I own a lot but not all. If you would like I can provide a detailed list of this section. I started making such list but I’m not sure if that is helping anybody. It probably just clutters somebody's mind, like it did with me so I stopped making this list and prefer not to make such list.
    • Sets: All except Fifth Avenue Fashions, Homecoming, Runway Riot, Loud, Fast, Clash! – Attire, Everyday Teens Collection, Date Night.
    • Free stuff **: I own lots of free stuff except that Dr Pepper stuff, Katy Perry Poster, shopmode only, achievement items, promotions, no longer available for free or even at all: first row #5, second row #4, 5, 6, third row #6 and 7, fourth and fifth row all.
    ** I used this comment as reference/to clarify: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/6786144/#Comment_6786144

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All except Monte Vista and Dragon Valley.

Some of my favorite colors are: I like natural colors, earthy tones, greens, blues mostly turquoise, shades of purple and pink and muted yellows (I copied a big part of that sentence from Hidehi’s buddy letter, thank you). Other colors are fine too.

I really don’t like this color: Nothing to busy, bright or hyperactive (or in moderation/balanced out with the rest of the colors).

I love to use items from this set: So many cool sets so I’m not going to pick and choose. I use many items of many different sets in my creations. I’m very much into details and decorating my builds (but I keep my builds calm and not overly crowded), love to use flowers and plants in them, and I like to have my builds with plenty of activities for Sims.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Sunset Valley and Lucky Palms. Although this might gets extended since recently I got some extra EA worlds where I have not played yet extensively.

I enjoy playing in this custom world: N/A.

I enjoy this style of build the most: In no particular order Farm (house), Wild West, Suburban, Cottage, Cabin, Craftsman.

I really don’t want this in my game: Custom Content. No rooms for Sims up to teen (it can be in the game, of course, only I prefer it to not be on the residential lots I play with): I don’t like playing with kids of any age form in The Sims 3. Some other buddies have written things that applies to me as well so I’m going to copy a bit: I don’t like playing with big households (I tend to play with one Sim at a time. Two is fine too). I don’t usually like anything taller than 3-story in a build. No very rich Sims.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: Please nothing larger then 40x40 and no odd lot seizes from the world editor, the library or worlds like for example Sunlit Tides. Just plain default lot seizes (20x30, 30x40, 30x30, 40x40).

I want/don’t want berry Sims: You mean Sims in crazy colors like green, purple, pink or something? No berry Sims please.

I want/don’t want occult Sims: No occult Sims please. If I go occult, I prefer to make my Sim(s) occult during gameplay and not directly from CAS. Depending of the type of build, I do not mind occult stuff/activities/decorations in builds or in parts of the build.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: I love animals (I have a cat <3, a naughty sweet little monster). However, I often don’t have Pets installed because it takes more of the graphics. Therefore it’s best not to make me a pet.

Do you want your Sims and/or pets skilled up for you? No thank you. I prefer to do that myself.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new Sim or household? No thank you. I prefer to skill up myself. It’s also not needed to improve appliances in builds. I enjoy doing those things myself.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? I like such items, I use them myself. I leave it up to my buddy which skill items are going to be used, if you want to use them.

How do your Sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? Taxi, car, motor, bicycle or scooter. Depends on my Sim and the available funds. No horse or broom. A place for parking would be nice.

Other: I mostly play with a YA female single Sim, with aging off, and love Worldadventures (and collecting treasures and collectibles while there) and transfiguration when my Sim is back from vacation. I also like the real estate system of the game very much and gardening. One of my favorite places to live with my Sim is on the water in Lucky Palms. I’m not into marriage, the constant parties my Sim gets invited too frequently (all in moderation), making babies for my Sims, starting a family, legacy’s and such.

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. I can’t think of anything.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates. Check ;). I have written down all the dates in my calendar which is hanging in my kitchen.

~ end of form ~
  • Options
    Welcome SimLibby :)
  • Options
    Thanks. :smiley:
  • Options
    Wow, @Mmdrgntobldrgn, that is my kind of spread! I started off grabbing a couple orange slices and pomegranate seeds. Then I grabbed a few berries and a cute little kiwi star. Then, I saw the avocado and those awesome seed crackers. I LOVED munching on the spread you provided, but I did leave lots for everyone else!

So glad to see a couple more letters! I love reading about how everyone prefers something just a little different in the game.
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @oliv3 @SimLibby Hello, and I hope you both have a wonderful time! :)

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Thank you for the delicious spread! Makes my breakfast seem rather ordinary after seeing all that delicious food! <3

@seaben I am glad to see you, but I am very sorry you are unable to join, I hope things get better soon. <3
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    Awwwwe I can't play sims 3 until my PC is fixed, but hubby let me put sims 4 on his until then. I would love to participate, but only if sims 4 is part of this.
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    Hey, @TnT_Terry! GREAT to see you here. There is a separate gift exchange that runs at different times than the Sims 3 one, I think. You are welcome to lurk though!
  • Options
    Thank you @LMC6255 I just wish this year would end because it has been a living hell I mean how would everyone else describe this ? Year just curious about how you all are doing sense I last saw you guys
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @seaben I hope everything gets better for you soon!! ;) I am so sorry that you are going through so much hardship! :( So far I am doing alright, some days are better than other, but I can't complain.. All I can say is "This to shall pass" I will keep you in my prayers. <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top