Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will the trailer drop?

I'm a legacy player & a collector. I like knowing as soon as possible what the next pack is, so I can make it work in my legacy story.

When I found out about Realm of Magic in advance, I set up my kleptomaniac aunt to be a spellcaster months in advance. With island living, my fisherman sim stayed single so he could marry a mermaid. With Discover University, I was on pins and needles waiting to hear about the majors to frame them around my twins. With Nifty Knitting, that was all about the grandma.

I didn't by the Star Wars pack, so I've been waiting forever, and it's been a lot longer than "a few short weeks" (looking at you Sim Guru Lyndsay). C'mon, EA, I just want to know what adventures lay ahead for my legacy team.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm hoping Wednesday. I say that cause if we do get an EP announcement this week the teaser would drop Tuesday and Trailer Wednesday due to Monday being a Holiday Columbus Day. Maxis won't be back at work till Tuesday. My guess is it's going to be a Winter Vacation Resort EP.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    October 22nd.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    My guess is whenever the current sale ends, though I don’t know when that is exactly. A couple of weeks maybe?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2020
    The sale ends October 20th, they don't do any announcements during a sale if I recall correctly. So probably not until after the sale.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    The sale ends October 20th, they don't do any announcements during a sale if I recall correctly. So probably not until after the sale.

Yes they do. They announced Eco Living during a sale.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm hoping Wednesday. I say that cause if we do get an EP announcement this week the teaser would drop Tuesday and Trailer Wednesday due to Monday being a Holiday Columbus Day. Maxis won't be back at work till Tuesday. My guess is it's going to be a Winter Vacation Resort EP.

But EA never announced a pack Wednesday as I recall? Only on Tuesdays? Thursdays and Fridays usually are the patch days..
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    They have announced a pack on wednesday although i dont remember which one.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2020
    logion wrote: »

Yes they do. They announced Eco Living during a sale.

I guess there is a chance then.
  • Options
    tomasgomes749tomasgomes749 Posts: 9 New Member
    maybe next week or another week on Tuesday
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited October 2020
    Since the upcoming EP will be the final pack released in 2020, I'll be surprised if EA announces anything about it until late October. Chances are they are still putting the final touches to it and some features might not be finished in time to be included. And we've had a lot of oopsies to deal with in just about every new pack this year; it'd be nice to see at least one update and pack that doesn't cause chaos within the game. Or cause an uproar from unhappy players in the forum. I'd like a break from the updating for a bit, to be honest. I usually go into off line mode this time of year anyway, so no matter what new dlc is coming up, I won't be in any hurry to buy it. And since the teams have been working on revamping the in game hairs, skins and adding sliders, I don't feel brave enough to add those to my game until it is clear those updates and additions aren't going to cause problems, or conflict with my CC hairstyles and skins. And chances are there will be problems to deal with and we'll have to wait for a batch fix from S4S. So the longer it takes EA to make an announcement, the longer I will have to play my game without unwanted interruptions. The trailers we've seen this year haven't been exactly truthful anyway, so it's always best to wait until after a pack is released before making the decision to buy or pass.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Within the the next two weeks. I'm hoping for this week. It has allready been a month since the "in a matter of weeks announcement".
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I’m not guessing anymore. That trailer drops when it drops.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    And this week's speculation begins. 😄
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2020
    Really wish they'd at least tell us what the theme is already

I want to speculate more
    and i also want to know if i need to include sims in my letter to father winter this year
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I think it's dumb that they keep everything so secret. This is why they get accused of not being transparent. It's because they're one of the least transparent group of developers we've ever had. They think it is creating suspense and excitement. Instead, people are always let down because they have too much time to speculate and get excited about their own ideas for the game. Didn't we always get an insert in the discs for the next EP? I'm pretty sure I remember having an advert for Hot Date in my House Party case. I always bought on release day, which means we knew what the next pack was as soon as we got our hands on the newest EP. Knowing what was coming was always exciting for me. I couldn't wait for the chats with the Gurus where they answered our questions and told us more details about the upcoming pack. I find it odd that they stopped doing these things.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Exactly! I know it's been a tough year for everyone - bit even in June 2019 they told us about Island Living, Moschino, and Realm of Magic. This secrecy nonsense started with Discover University. Tiny Living came out of no where, Eco-Living was held to be a surprise. I don't understand this tactic.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    And, even TS3 had allusions to TS4 back when it was still Olympus. If I recall, one of the buildings in Roaring Heights had a facade that used some of the promo art for what would be TS4.

This is the thing. Even with COVID-19, by mid-October as it is now, they have to be close to wrapping things up. They start on packs about a year in advance, I'd think. In other words, it's probably about done by now.

• Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Since the upcoming EP will be the final pack released in 2020, I'll be surprised if EA announces anything about it until late October. Chances are they are still putting the final touches to it and some features might not be finished in time to be included. And we've had a lot of oopsies to deal with in just about every new pack this year; it'd be nice to see at least one update and pack that doesn't cause chaos within the game. Or cause an uproar from unhappy players in the forum. I'd like a break from the updating for a bit, to be honest. I usually go into off line mode this time of year anyway, so no matter what new dlc is coming up, I won't be in any hurry to buy it. And since the teams have been working on revamping the in game hairs, skins and adding sliders, I don't feel brave enough to add those to my game until it is clear those updates and additions aren't going to cause problems, or conflict with my CC hairstyles and skins. And chances are there will be problems to deal with and we'll have to wait for a batch fix from S4S. So the longer it takes EA to make an announcement, the longer I will have to play my game without unwanted interruptions. The trailers we've seen this year haven't been exactly truthful anyway, so it's always best to wait until after a pack is released before making the decision to buy or pass.

If they wait that long their risking a major leak happening. It's not in thier best interest to wait that long.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I think it'll happen by end of this month, with latest date being Thursday 29th October. I've built up some idea of what it could be based on purely speculation, so looking forward to knowing what the pack will actually be...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    I really hope it'll be soon. I haven't cared for the last two packs and really need something new to keep my interest and look forward to. Couldn't care less about knitting or star wars or even skin tones to be honest so I've been pretty bored with the new additions recently.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think it's already time for the new announcement. Lindsay has said it was going to be announced in a few weeks. It has been 6 weeks already. A bit more and it will be a few months 😅
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Funny how the new has worn off the EL and SW packs already. And I guess that knitting thing wasn't all that exciting or people would be so busy playing their games they wouldn't have time to think what might be next. lol I think I miss the good old days when packs' gameplay was so indepth it took months and months before anyone decided they needed something else to spice up their games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Funny how the new has worn off the EL and SW packs already. And I guess that knitting thing wasn't all that exciting or people would be so busy playing their games they wouldn't have time to think what might be next. lol I think I miss the good old days when packs' gameplay was so indepth it took months and months before anyone decided they needed something else to spice up their games.

There's always time to wonder what's next. Doesn't imply boredom.There are plenty of active gameplay threads to indicate people are still playing the packs you mentioned. But you don't frequent those sections of the forum as you no longer play. Also, In the good old days you'd get an insert with details about the next pack so no need for speculating what it would be.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @catloverplayer If there were anything to leak, we would have seen it by now. They certainly didn't have a problem leaking the pack icon for JTB. And we all know how that worked out. Sorry, but I can't bring myself to be excited about this next pack no matter what it's theme might be. I love your positivity, catloverplayer, and you're always excited about new packs. And I truly admire your loyalty to Sims4. I have had more fun playing with TL and NK than I have with EL. And I was very excited about EL when it was announced. But It's been months of dealing with the gardening issues and poorly done NAPS, and nothing has been done about either one. Really tired of needing mods and workarounds before a pack becomes playable.

@Cinebar I am not bored with NK or TL yet, so that is probably why I am in no hurry for new dlc or updates right now. People just have a lot more time on their hands these days, and speculating on new content is a fun way to interact with others. I just can't get excited about the next pack because I don't think it is going to be about what we want. And the longer EA stays mum on the subject, the more I am beginning to believe it's going to be about reality tv in some way. Which will mean there will be one less pack in my collection. That will put the count at four packs I will have passed on. Kinda sad the franchise has come to this. I remember being excited about the next new pack when EA included a little announcement, too. But the longer Sims4 goes on, the less I am seeing of the kind of content that appeals to me. I own every pack and store item that was released for Sims2 and 3. Still play Sims3, too. And even after all this time I am still finding things I haven't tried in Sims3. Sims4 has been difficult to play without mods since Seasons was released, and with every new pack, I am adding even more mods that need to be updated whenever a new game update is released. It's akin to riding a wonky merry go round. Everything is fine and fun then the whole thing gets thrown off kilter and it becomes a ride of horrors as we scramble to find tools to fix the darn thing before we can enjoy it again. I'm feeling a bit dizzy after this year because there have been so many issues with just about every pack and update. I long for the good old days as much as you do. <3
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    I think the trailer will drop between 20th of Oct to end Oct for mid Nov release. I see Nov as a trend for EP releases over the last 4 years (according to wiki) so it's probable that they will start their leaks soon (because we all know it's their marketing strategy) and announcement like 2-3 weeks before EP launch.