Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what would a reality show pack even be like

LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
people think that this is gonna be the next expanshion what would be the gameplay features the cas well i think with this pack were gonna get a trai thall it would be fun as a gamepack not sure as a expanshion pack though
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    If it's the next EP, probably active careers like director, producers, host, etc. Something like the GF, maybe? I don't know because I never heard anyone is saying that this theme is probably the next EP.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    i
    xamira99 wrote: »
    If it's the next EP, probably active careers like director, producers, host, etc. Something like the GF, maybe? I don't know because I never heard anyone is saying that this theme is probably the next EP.

i dont know check the sims 4 rumors disscousion and alot of people were talking about it
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think it could be an expansion if they focus on the concept of the competition. Then they could add different reality shows that you can participate as a contestant such as survivor, big brother etc.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    I think it could be an expansion if they focus on the concept of the competition. Then they could add different reality shows that you can participate as a contestant such as survivor, big brother etc.

The game is already like a reality show where the sims are the participants. Also, if we enter the sims into contests like survivor and big brother, I am afraid that they will be scripted gameplay, so you will need to do the tasks they assign you. In the end you will win another million simoleons that you have nothing to spend it on. Ughh! I'd rather prefer it be something related to stage shows, like singing, comedy, etc, but we already have that.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

The game is already like a reality show where the sims are the participants. Also, if we enter the sims into contests like survivor and big brother, I am afraid that they will be scripted gameplay, so you will need to do the tasks they assign you. In the end you will win another million simoleons that you have nothing to spend it on. Ughh! I'd rather prefer it be something related to stage shows, like singing, comedy, etc, but we already have that. [/quot

mabye not scritped and we can vote people oout and cilques like the mean contastant or somthing
  • Options
    Lief wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

The game is already like a reality show where the sims are the participants. Also, if we enter the sims into contests like survivor and big brother, I am afraid that they will be scripted gameplay, so you will need to do the tasks they assign you. In the end you will win another million simoleons that you have nothing to spend it on. Ughh! I'd rather prefer it be something related to stage shows, like singing, comedy, etc, but we already have that.

mabye not scritped and we can vote people oout and cilques like the mean contastant or somthing

The Get Famous acting gameplay are scripted events so I expect reality TV shows to be scripted as well. Besides all such shows have some rules and daily goals and competitions, so that would be also in the game, things like catch a fish in 2 hours, go on a date with so and so, etc.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Lief wrote: »
    i
    xamira99 wrote: »

i dont know check the sims 4 rumors disscousion and alot of people were talking about it

I don't know about it, but if it's a thing, active careers are important. But, don't you think that we already have the Get Famous for it where the actress/actors can attend TV gigs?

I'm expecting a huge vacation/residential world for this next EP. Most probably a winter/mountain theme pack as what most people have been talking on the rumour thread section. Other than that, it can be something on time travelling or probably the Happy Haunt?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2020
    Wannabies who go into the ts4 version of big brother and commit unusual acts to try keep themselves in the house after voting.

Wannabies who travel to a tropical island and live it rough, who can reveal the most skin without showing everything, who can scream and shout the loudest sqeamish of crawling insects, eating massive maggots or another type of hideous challenge.

Wannabies who stand up on a stage and show what talent they have to a group of z list celebrities who rate their performance.

I'd sooner switch off TS4 than get into such crud like that. I can't stand reality tv, it really scrapes the barrel on acceptable tv content.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    I can't stand reality tv, it really scrapes the barrel on acceptable tv content.
    I totally agree, but lots of folks seem to like it.

That might be one EP I would actually not buy.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2020
    There are no words for how much I dislike reality tv shows.
    But if such a pack includes plenty of interesting features that will enhance my play style (and please oh please no more voting) I’d be happy to check it out.
    I’m not buying without watching a live-stream though.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I hope it's not The Sims 4: Spark'd Expansion Pack! That would be just awful. :s:s
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited October 2020
    There are no words for how much I dislike reality tv shows.
    But if such a pack includes plenty of interesting features that will enhance my play style (and please oh please no more voting) I’d be happy to check it out.
    I’m not buying without watching a live-stream though.

Yes PLEASE no more voting after the Eco Lifestyle fiasco :D:D I can't even imagine what annoying actions they'd vote on.
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Hmm...🤔 Probably something like TV Reality Shows...Wannabes and Z-list Celebs acting like tw@ts for the benefit of the lowest common denominator 😉
  • Options
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Hmm...🤔 Probably something like TV Reality Shows...Wannabes and Z-list Celebs acting like tw@ts for the benefit of the lowest common denominator 😉

It could be a contest like any other but held in a TV studio? Singing, cooking, dancing, etc.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    They would have to be selling this one at a steep discount to interest me.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    In my opinion it will be pretty bad if this is the correct theme for the next pack. Just like with the Star Wars pack I hate the theme of it and no matter what the game play is it won't interest me because I play mostly families and it's not what I want. I don't even like watching reality TV shows in real life, they're just a way for TV companies to put out cheap poor quality made shows.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    On my list of must-haves for this game, this isn't within a thousand-mile radius of said list. Like others have said, I don't care for reality TV in real life. I'm also not into having lots of famous sims. All that being said, I would be more inclined to buy it if it was based on other skills instead of a singing competition. I'm just not sure how exciting a fishing or gardening competition would be to watch. I mean with gardening you would literally be watching grass grow. As always, I will retain judgement until something is confirmed.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    It all really depends how intrusive it is. I'm absolutely not interested in reality TV. I find it cringe-worthy and cheap. The little I've seen anyway. The pack will have to feature pretty solid Build/buy and CAS + a nicely sized world. And we need to be able to disable annoying gameplay. Like with Eco. Toggles are good. Options are good.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It wouldn't be received well. If reception of Spark'd isn't an indicator on how well received reality shows were received by the Sims community, a pack based on it would probably outdo Katy Perry pack easily for worst pack ever.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    If I would have to guess, it would probably be like the actor career in Get Famous.

While I liked Get Famous, I am not interested in a realitity tv show as a pack for the sims4. So many people already feel that the game lacks drama and consequences, and it also feels once again like something that would not really expand the game.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Different reality shows where you can compete or the ability to create your by customizing different types. I would also like emotional attitudes about others to be added. Like furious eith a specific person, dissapointed,jealous,sorry,grateful,in love etc. That would help create dramatic relationships.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Eeeh, no thanks.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    If they release that the next ep might as well be called the final nail in the coffin, it'd be as interesting as watching paint dry. The sims itself is already like a reality tv show, what's the point of playing a realty tv show inside of a reality tv show. My brain won't cope with the concept.
  • Options
    StuStuieStuStuie Posts: 455 Member
    I love Reality TV shows, I post Big Brother videos on my YouTube channel :) You should check it out here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK3exNwndxA