Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats Broke Now

Comments

• Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    People on Answers HQ report that we can't resume unfinished knitting projects. Is that true? I can't test on vacation.[/quote
    My sim knit 3 items paid $10 each and finished it. BUT they were not in inventory. Also the calendar says it's the 1st day of fall. But outside its winter. And the Nano trash bin still doesn't pay.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    People on Answers HQ report that we can't resume unfinished knitting projects. Is that true? I can't test on vacation.

In order to resume projects, I had to make sure the Sim was seated first. Just clicking on a chair > knit > resume project did not work for me. The Sim gets that “something is in the way” bubble with the shoulder shrug. But if the person is seated, then I can click on the chair they’re sitting in and go to knit > resume project.
    It didn't work for me.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    A game repair seems to have fixed my knitting problems. I guess that's one thing less that's broken. :D

I repaired twice and it's still broke for me.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I don't know if it's broke or new. I've played two households today, one with a butler and one with a scheduled maid and both have carried over their servant to their next house, even the off the grid lot (with the plane) in Sulani. Not much to do there he keeps telling me.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    A game repair seems to have fixed my knitting problems. I guess that's one thing less that's broken. :D

One thing to check is whether your Sim has the 'bored with knitting' moodlet. Also, they cannot knit when seated in a dining chair - they have to be in a comfortable chair or on a sofa or bed. Mine will knit crouching on the floor if I don't have them sit in a chair first.

I haven't had any issues with continuing knitting projects. The problems with parent-toddler interactions (they start but don't continue to teach toddlers when potty training or playing with blocks) have been an issue all summer, and my freelancer Sims now (since September) can't get paid. Homework is working. No mods or cc in my game.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    One of the big arcade game machines is not showing any visualization for me on the screen and it's also missing it's sounds. I've tried removing mods and repairing my game and the issue is still there. I guess that's something else that's broken?
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    *sigh* I've found yet another thing that is broken, further impeding my work as a machinima maker. There's an archway leading into the living room, but in the mirror it looks like just a frame on the wall.

ts4_x642020-09-1923-4pljk7.jpg

ts4_x642020-09-1923-46gjlp.jpg

I'm pretty sure it has only been like this since the latest patch, but don't know if it's a general issue or just something that's happening to me because of mods, so... could someone confirm whether or not they have the same problem?
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    *sigh* I've found yet another thing that is broken, further impeding my work as a machinima maker. There's an archway leading into the living room, but in the mirror it looks like just a frame on the wall.

I'm pretty sure it has only been like this since the latest patch, but don't know if it's a general issue or just something that's happening to me because of mods, so... could someone confirm whether or not they have the same problem?

Is that a custom arch? I've heard the patch broke custom doors..
  • Options
    EdoubleGoodiesEdoubleGoodies Posts: 31 Member
    Another bug - some flowering plants and bushes don't change during fall and winter. They stay green and in full flowery bloom. SMH...
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member

I don't use CC doors and windows, but unfortunately those aren't even the only ones that are broken. Several doors and windows from Get Together are also affected, and while the doors are still functional gameplay-wise (they open and let sims walk through), they look like the arch in the second picture, just a frame on the wall. The difference about that archway is that it's just the mirror reflection that looks broken, whereas it looks fine in the "real world".
  • Options
    Behappy1st wrote: »

One thing to check is whether your Sim has the 'bored with knitting' moodlet. Also, they cannot knit when seated in a dining chair - they have to be in a comfortable chair or on a sofa or bed. Mine will knit crouching on the floor if I don't have them sit in a chair first.

I haven't had any issues with continuing knitting projects. The problems with parent-toddler interactions (they start but don't continue to teach toddlers when potty training or playing with blocks) have been an issue all summer, and my freelancer Sims now (since September) can't get paid. Homework is working. No mods or cc in my game.

She knit in a rocking chair and she was inspired. My sims interactions are also not continued they walk away. And I'm having trouble with the Q. I Q up three things and they drop 1 and 2 and do three. That goes for any amount 2,3,4, etc.
  • Options

I've noticed that to. I gave up and put it somewhere else.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I'm glad (but not glad because it shouldn't be happening) that it's not just me experiencing the doors and windows crisis (bug, but being a builder for me it's a crisis because I'm overly dramatic like that) Also sometimes when I've build the shell, decorated the outside, landscaped and everything when I go to do the inside, the moment I begin drawing walls all of the windows disappear! It's bad enough with terrain paint, but windows too??? Okay my moan of the day over for Sims 4, but went to load up Sims 3 yesterday and all of my packs have vanished so I'm left with basegame only if I had a physical copy I would have bounced it off the walls by now.
  • Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member

I'm having that issue as well, but with a closet in a wall and not a door. seems a lot of items that connect to a wall from GT broke.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    This is all horrible, not only do new packs get broken (that I didn't purchase) but the ones I did play and or actually liked a lot about them are still broken. :( It really irks me after six years, that some things I actually like about TS4 get broken again and again. I only have so many EPs and GPs and a few stuff packs. And you guys probably have most of the packs. And I am just here twiddling my thumbs waiting for things that I do own from way back to be fixed, and or to stop getting broken. Here is my whole problem. I read everyday, the packs I do own and or any patches I did install have broken stuff in them. Such as I have the follwing packs and something about all of them are broken. GT, GTW, DO, Vampires, Spa Day, Glamour thingy (butlers) even basegame maid patch, CL, Movie pack, (I would scream to find out when I return to my makeshift movie theater to find out it's on a loop!), Parenthood, and maybe a few others. All those have something wrong with them. So, it's like we have your money and those are all old packs from three years ago so no we can't be bothered to fix some of that stuff. I will never return to TS4 until Maxis gets it's act together. It's not even me complaining but those who keep buying and reporting the same bugs I saw years ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    lilacfaery06lilacfaery06 Posts: 668 Member
    I still have the freelancer issue.

My main 2 atm driving me nuts - sims stop all activities to play with the clay and also to write!!! They don't feed themselves when hungry, don't go to bed it's like they have lost all autonomy which is ridiculous

They also cannot clean up dishes or finish cooking a meal. Even the maid or butler. They move it from one surface to another. Or pick it up and put it back down again
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Anyone know whether this got fixed by the patch?
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    WikdwikkanWikdwikkan Posts: 37 Member
    My entire game is broken after patch. Zero mods and when I boot into a household or CAS the game crashes instantly. Doing a repair right now and fingers crossed!
    7821274de0237b0448d0602cb7e52a2c.jpg
  • Options
    GeneralChangGeneralChang Posts: 5 New Member
    I see they still haven’t bothered to fix at least two windows and one of their doors yet. They are broken and it has nothing to do with mods or cc. This may only bother builders, but it should be fixed. What else are they planning to ruin, I wonder?
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    revgrv wrote: »
    Anyone know whether this got fixed by the patch?

There is a list of what was fixed in the patch notes.
  • Options
    LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    My roommate having party, as result active sim staying frozen for many hours. Also was trying to travel to community with couple friends window got froze on loading neighborhood while time in game kept going. More than day passed before sim got there. Not sure what was issue, maybe because I choose to travel with random sim .
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited October 2020
    But the update didn't just break CC windows and Doors. It also broke some expansion pack windows and doors too, the windows and doors in Get Together and Romantic Garden pack also glitched out, on top of the cc doors and windows I have.

Those are the only things broken that I noticed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member

I have had the same issue but with windows as well. I do not use custom content or mods in my game so it is happening with the arches and windows that came with the various packs. I had this issue before the Oct 6 patch, but I do not recall when I first noted it. I actually thought it was due to the age of my computer, but I guess not. :(
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    It would be quite useful if anyone posting about glitches would also include info on what mods they have. Even if you updated both mod A and B there might be a slight chance they conflict after a patch, I guess. Perhaps also including info on whether they tested if the glitch is still there after removing the mod folder and starting a brand new save. It takes max 15 minutes to run such a test and it can be very useful to tracing the problem.
    Not saying this would explain all glitches, but perhaps a few?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg