Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• Options
    Vic2Point0Vic2Point0 Posts: 16 New Member
    > @Auroraskies said:
    > @Vic2Point0
    > If it wasn’t the mod you meant; you could try Awesome Mod, and the command: "burnbook <TITLE>".
    >
    > I have not tried it myself, and am not by my gaming computer to test it.

Sweet! Yeah, I haven't tried that one yet, I'll give it a go.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Vic2Point0 - It should be noted here that AwesomeMod is a far-reaching Core Mod and a (relatively simple) removal procedure is required if you do not already have it and are planning to add it in for strictly this purpose, then later choose to remove it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > @Vic2Point0 - It should be noted here that AwesomeMod is a far-reaching Core Mod and a (relatively simple) removal procedure is required if you do not already have it and are planning to add it in for strictly this purpose, then later choose to remove it.

Yeah, I guess I don't understand how to make it work. I read the notepad document but it just raises more questions. Like, do I have "Hack Framework"? Where is the "optional configuration package"? Etc.

But mainly, where do I put the command: "burnbook <TITLE>"?

So far, all I've done is download it and move the awesome.package file to the Packages folder.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @Vic2Point0 - (feeling like I'm a McDonald's manager explaining how Burger King works, or something like that...)

The package file for Awesome goes into Mods\Packages like any other mod despite what the site's goofy instructions might say. The config file is a second file, and is optional. Awesome is a Core Mod, not a Script Mod, it doesn't come with menu commands like NRaas mods do. I am guessing that the burnbook command is something you run by typing it into the Ctrl+Shift+C cheats console.

But I'm really going to advise against this solution or at the very least please make a non-AwesomeMod copy of your game save first because I'm admittedly curious if it works out any differently in the end than MasterController did. If you remove AwesomeMod improperly, your ongoing game will be broken. And without understanding what the optional config package is and how it works, you will have ZERO control over what the mod is allowed or not allowed to do. Think of it like it being all 39 NRaas mods plus more rolled into one, except with no reachable player controlled options.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Well to be honest, I'd prefer to use Master Controller (for its simplicity) but I'm desperate to find a way to really, truly remove these books. I will follow your advice and make a backup file though.

Would it be too much to ask just what sort of file I'm looking for? Or should I just copy the whole Saves folder and call it a day?
  • Options
    @Vic2Point0 - Each folder within Saves that ends in .sims3 represents one game save.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @Auroraskies said:
    > @Vic2Point0
    > If it wasn’t the mod you meant; you could try Awesome Mod, and the command: "burnbook <TITLE>".
    >
    > I have not tried it myself, and am not by my gaming computer to test it.

No luck :( I assume you meant to type that command in after Ctrl+Shift+C? Tried that, it made the sound to confirm that the command was valid or whatever, but it didn't get rid of the book's history any better than the Master Controller mod.

I can't believe this tiny thing is so difficult! Surely I can't be the first person to want to use the same book name twice.
  • Options
    @Vic2Point0 - I would have to say that you have reached the point of diminishing returns on this quest. But you do have one option left -- try to engage Chain back at NRaas where you started to discuss this matter with him. He is our lead developer. If he can't fix the function either then I would have to say it can't be fixed because there really isn't anyone else still active with TS3 who understands the coding behind functions like this as much as he does. But at the very least he might be able to find a technical reason for it.

Or I guess you could try to engage AwesomeMod's developer, but I really wouldn't recommend that route unless you like being insulted (it's their style of customer support over there).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Assuming you mean Chain_Reaction, I did reply to him in the forums but I suppose I could try to contact him again. I appreciate your willingness to help!
  • Options
    Nevermind. I don't think it's possible to contact him besides posting in the thread again.
  • Options
    steve2cfcsteve2cfc Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi.This is my first post on this forum & as far as I can tell I have to put it here? Anyway,all I want to know is if someone can make me some soccer goals for my sims3 game (only have base game at present} or is there somewher I can download them? Thanks all
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @steve2cfc - Sorry, not sure what you are really after here. Are you looking to make your sims actually play soccer or just some decor for a yard or playground?

Soccer as a game and skill that sims can practice exists in TS3 but only if you have the Seasons expansion pack. Any kind of custom made soccer goals without the expansion present would either not work or would just be for decoration.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    sophie4fvsophie4fv Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi, I just bought a new laptop and I'm trying to run Sims 3 on it. My graphics card is a NVidia GTX 1660 Ti , I have managed to get the game to find it and the game opened to check that it finds it but when I change the graphics rules so the card gets matched, the game won't open. I open the game via origin as I am on patch 1.69 and it brings up the launcher and when I click play on the launcher it then closes and takes me back to origin. I have tried uninstalling etc and it doesn't work. Is there any way to fix this problem? Thank you in advance! :)
  • Options
    sophie4fvsophie4fv Posts: 6 New Member
    > @sophie4fv said:
    > Hi, I just bought a new laptop and I'm trying to run Sims 3 on it. My graphics card is a NVidia GTX 1660 Ti , I have managed to get the game to find it and the game opened to check that it finds it but when I change the graphics rules so the card gets matched, the game won't open. I open the game via origin as I am on patch 1.69 and it brings up the launcher and when I click play on the launcher it then closes and takes me back to origin. I have tried uninstalling etc and it doesn't work. Is there any way to fix this problem? Thank you in advance! :)

*UPDATE *- I have got it working it turn out I missed a bracket when editing the graphics rules but it all works perfectly now
  • Options
    VoidmendesVoidmendes Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, I came across a ‘missing object warning’ and wasn’t sure to do. I have all the expansion packs at the bottom of my launcher, and I’ve reinstalled my sims3packs but the problem is still there. I noticed that I might have deleted a file in the Dccache folder, which is something to do with the store content. But I have deleted permanently and can’t get it back. What can I do? Thanks.
  • Options
    @Voidmendes - Most of the files in your DCCache folder are your installed store and custom content. It's really going to depend on what it is that got deleted, but if we're talking about dbc or ebc files then that's why you are missing what was once installed content.

The dbc files are installed sims3pack custom content. They are numbered and the numbers must be in sequence starting at 0. So if you have let's say numbers 0, 1, 3, and 4 remaining (but number 2 got deleted), then only numbers 0 and 1 will load and the rest will be ignored.

The ebc files are installed TS3 store content with the same numbering system that must begin at 0 and be sequential with no numbers missing.

Any tmp files are expendable garbage. The two small index files, dcc.ent and missingdeps.idx, should get regenerated if they are ever deleted.

So from where you are now, how many of each of dbc and ebc files do you have and how are they numbered? The only way to "fix" missing files like this would be to reinstall the content they held, but we can't say what each one has/had within those numbered bundles.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    8989898989898989 Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote="igazor;c-17665964"]@89898989 - That sounds like more of an Avast issue than a Windows or browser specific one. Although it's pretty popular in the anti-virus/malware arena, most players aren't going to have Avast because there are so many others out there. And many of us find that Microsoft's built-in Defender is good enough for Win 10; others' needs will vary.

There's really no way to tell Avast to make an exception for that page? Can you switch off it's browser/web page protection system without switching off any of the other protections it provides? Does it matter if you use a different browser?[/quote]

Yes. I tried two different browsers, played with some settings in the internet settings.
    I even tried it in another computer which has avast and same thing.

I always had avast and I had no issues with DL things on sims 3 tumblr sites until the recent windows update.

The only solution that works for me is DL cc on my phone, emailing it to myself and add it on my mods folder from there.

It's no biggy though just wanted to know if anyone had a similar issue with it.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Vic2Point0 Sorry that it didn't work. If you decide to ask J.M Pescado about AM, or the ones who have updated the mod, over at MATY, I think it is a lot about how you present yourself that determines if you will get you a positive answer. The ones now active elsewhere don't have such a nice posting history at MATY either. And yes, I found some requests the same as yours, but this was the only positive lead so far. If I find anything else I'll post again.
  • Options
    > @Auroraskies said:
    > @Vic2Point0 Sorry that it didn't work. If you decide to ask J.M Pescado about AM, or the ones who have updated the mod, over at MATY, I think it is a lot about how you present yourself that determines if you will get you a positive answer. The ones now active elsewhere don't have such a nice posting history at MATY either. And yes, I found some requests the same as yours, but this was the only positive lead so far. If I find anything else I'll post again.

I would greatly appreciate it! As I say, I'm just surprised it's a challenge for modders in general. Seeing all the amazing things these mods DO pull off, erasing the history of written books sounds like it would be easy. But that's me being ignorant about the whole process again, hehe.
  • Options
    @igazor I only have one dbc file but no ebc files.
  • Options
    But I don't really understand what store content is. Is it do with the buy/build items in the game?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @Voidmendes - Okay, let's take a step back here.

There are two kinds of sims3packs content. One is Custom Content (CC), these are things that are created by other players who make them available for us to enjoy and can be found on the Exchange or by way of other third party websites. They are installed by way of the Launcher and, once installed, land in dbc bundles in the DCCache folder.

The other is TS3 Store content. These are things created by EA and offered up for sale on The TS3 Store. They include things like restyled clothes, hairs, furniture, fun new objects that extend gameplay (some examples among many are basketball courts, gambling tables, pizza ovens), and the EA made store worlds (there's 11 of these). They are installed by way of the Launcher and, once installed, land in ebc bundles in the DCCache folder. These items are not free (well, some like occasionally offered up holiday or promotional packs and Riverview are) and are sold for store points, which in turn are obtained by purchasing them with real money by way of Origin or the Origin.com website. These items will only work for the holder of the account who purchased them because they are encrypted.

If you have no ebc files, then you have no TS3 Store content installed. If you have only one dbc file, in which case it must be numbered 0, then you do have some Custom Content installed but not very much. I'm afraid only you would know what kinds of content you have installed by way of sims3packs, what you should be expecting to see within your game, and what you are expecting to see that is no longer loading or there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor okay, I’ve got it. I don’t have any store content installed. And the dbc folder is named 0, and I can see all my cc installed in the launcher. But I don’t know how I got the missing object warning and how to solve it? Should I just uninstall and reinstall the whole game?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Voidmendes wrote: »
    @igazor okay, I’ve got it. I don’t have any store content installed. And the dbc folder is named 0, and I can see all my cc installed in the launcher. But I don’t know how I got the missing object warning and how to solve it? Should I just uninstall and reinstall the whole game?
    Reinstalling the game would replace the Program Files only; that's not where this kind of problem lies. So yes, you could do that but I wouldn't expect it to accomplish anything. Unless you have gone into the Program Files yourself to change things or you have a faulty hard drive, those do not change or go bad over time.

The question then becomes, not what the Launcher is reporting, but what might be missing in-game. It might be one or more things that are totally unimportant to you. But if you want a redo, you could rename or pull out your entire TS3 user game folder from Documents, start fresh with the new one that will spawn to take its place the next time you launch the game, and reinstall your sims3pack content on that -- this process is called a Factory Reset. Your game saves and any other added content would still be safe back in the pulled out folder and the game saves in particular could be moved back in once you are ready to try playing forward again.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor I did a factory reset, but still ran in the problem, do you think that saves have something to do with it. I have a backup folder of a saved game that was deleted and that I played before the problem occurred , what do I do with the backup?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top