Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Young adults can be a parents for teens. It is weird.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited September 2020
    In sims 4 cant a young adult be the parent of an elder?
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Its not that uncommon in real life. A friend of mine is 32 and her eldest is 14.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    How young adults can be a parents for a teens? In real life it is a very rare situation. Young adults are the people between approx. 20-35 years old. Teens 13-20. How young Sims can have such old children than?

Someone 35 can easily be the parent of a 13 years old???? How is this a problem?

In real life there are people in their 30's who are grandparents. I'm 37 and while my own child is 6, I have three friends my age with kids aged 15, 16 & 18. Yes we are a couple years older than "35" but their kids were teens at age 35 too.

I also know many people with younger children who are tots or a bit older now but the parents are in the 19-23 range and those kids will be teens before they are 35. Myself though, my mum was 36 when I became a teen ;)

• Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    This is completely believable. My biological mother was 13 when she had me. That means when I was 13 she was 26. When I was 18 she would have been 31. Depending on what you consider a YA we both would have been at the same time.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    SimThoughts96SimThoughts96 Posts: 16 Member
    In real life? It's not weird.
    In Sims 2-3? It's also weird.

In Sims 4 world? It would only be considered normal in a universe where it's normal toddlers and children can give birth because last I checked, 25 year olds are way too young to be the parents of 21 year olds :D .
  • Options
    SimThoughts96SimThoughts96 Posts: 16 Member
    > @SimThoughts96 said:
    > In real life? It's not weird.
    > In Sims 2-3? It's also not weird.
    >
    > In Sims 4 world? It would only be considered normal in a universe where it's normal toddlers and children can give birth because last I checked, 25 year olds are way too young to be the parents of 21 year olds :D .

I made a typo in the original version.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Try making an elder the parent of an elder. :smile:
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports