Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Just finished the blog post chronicling my Sims' first visit to Battu.

https://tranquilitycreeksims.blogspot.com/2020/09/kauker-3-round-20.html

Some highlights:
    34.png

62.png

88.png

91.png
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Simtanium wrote: »
    A surprise (even to myself) but this pack is the most fun Sims pack in a long time for me! I really love it (even if posting this on Tumblr has made me a social outcast).

I'd love to see Journey to Batuu screenshots on my tumblr dash, but no one I follow has bought the pack so far (or ever). But at least there's no hate, mostly everyone pretends the pack doesn't exist.
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Simtanium wrote: »
    A surprise (even to myself) but this pack is the most fun Sims pack in a long time for me! I really love it (even if posting this on Tumblr has made me a social outcast).

I'd love to see Journey to Batuu screenshots on my tumblr dash, but no one I follow has bought the pack so far (or ever). But at least there's no hate, mostly everyone pretends the pack doesn't exist.

Aww I'm on tumblr and have the pack!! I'll be posting screenshots. You can find me at BadCowboy69 if you wanna follow me! I don't have fantastic shots just yet since I'm barely getting my feet wet in the game but I do plan on posting as I advance.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @purplestarz2006 loved your story. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to Round 21. 🙂
  • Options
    HastinHastin Posts: 2 New Member
    Just popping in to say that as a HUGE fan of the real world Batuu (in both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios), Maxis just nailed it on this pack. The missions feel like the Datapad app in the land (scanning crates, visiting locations, scanning ships), and it's just fantastic that all the in-land audio and characters are here. After spending dozens of hours in the land (and eating more Ronto Wraps than I care to admit), I am so happy to see something that I really love in my favorite game.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Sula duelled dad...
    I'm going to win! nT2HTA4.png
    IxuIBNF.png

.. Sorry dad gbIJLJ2.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I wanted to share the funniest Star Wars let's play I've seen so far. DrGluon has an ability to make everything positive and interesting.
    I know many people don't want to watch a long video, but I suggest to check out his intro, it's awesome. :smiley:

https://youtu.be/1nl04wad_Ss

OMG this intro is totally worth watching! Thanks for sharing! :lol:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    thanks so much for a great pack. I been really injoying this starwars pack so much i taking my time with my sims and learning each time i go there i tell lot a lot to learn and get my skills up to make it there to get the thing i can get. Thanks so much sims team for this pack and i seen a lot of starwars sims injoying to hope to see what you all bring us with the next pack. :)
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited September 2020
    My Sims has no skills, and I'm finally getting to my...

First Mission from Resistance.
    First-Mission.jpg

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    So, here I am still waiting to get the gamepack. I wait for a sale or a bundle, but that's ok, I don't mind. I returned to playing my last save and enjoy playing anyway. :)

But then I stumbled upon this build by simproved. She created a Batuu lot just before the release of the pack, so an alternate version of Batuu that doesn't require the pack. Someone even managed to remodel the millenium falcon without the use of CC (and without the star wars gamepack), which is truly amazing. Ijust had to take a look up close. Unfortunately the lot is a bit to big and cluttered to run smoothly on my laptop but I wanted to share some pictures I took anyway. (At the risk of looking pathetic because I don't have the pack yet :p )

ALsX2Wq.png
    MnrGPuH.png
    y3DSk2f.png

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Ryublue wrote: »
    This might be the first time I ever log in to comment on these forums, but I had to just say a big THANK YOU to all of you who have chatted along here. You've really made my days as I was waiting for the pack's release, and I'm glad you're still going. I never find anyone to geek out about this stuff otherwise. :)

Is it silly to say that I actually burst into tears when I found out that this pack was coming? Probably, but, um... I'll never ever get to go to Galaxy's edge in real life, never build my own little droid and never have my own lightsaber. This pack is itself more than I thought I'd have, so, yeah, even though it isn't perfect, I love it to bits.

Oh and while it took a bit of recolor work and I don't think they show up in the Droid Depot options (just buydebug), I have my Renegade, Sovereign and Scoundrel R-units ready to be added once I make their owner. This is as close as I'll get to actually making them, right? :D

Welcome to the forums @Ryublue ! I'm glad you have enjoyed our conversations in the thread and felt comfortable enough to log in and say hello. :)

I felt a little emotional too, when release day hit for the pack and I was finally going to be able to play a Star Wars adventure in my Sims game. Especially when I heard the epic soundtrack start to play as I was loading Black Spire. It's so exciting! We're all passionate simmers here, so I'm sure no one thinks you're silly at all.

Feel free to join our conversations about the pack (and Star Wars) and share your adventures. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RyublueRyublue Posts: 30 Member
    > @LiELF said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Welcome to the forums @Ryublue ! I'm glad you have enjoyed our conversations in the thread and felt comfortable enough to log in and say hello. :)
    >
    > I felt a little emotional too, when release day hit for the pack and I was finally going to be able to play a Star Wars adventure in my Sims game. Especially when I heard the epic soundtrack start to play as I was loading Black Spire. It's so exciting! We're all passionate simmers here, so I'm sure no one thinks you're silly at all.
    >
    > Feel free to join our conversations about the pack (and Star Wars) and share your adventures. :)

Thank you! I'm sorry I'm so awkward - I'm trying to figure out how the forum even works, much harder than the actual game I'm afraid. :P
    The music is great, absolutely, but am I the only one that was confused as to why the Cantina Song wasn't in there? How could there be an Oga's or a DJ Rex without the classic? So, ho hum, now there is in my game. Or a small, odd, version of it anyways. :smiley:
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    > @LiELF said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Welcome to the forums @Ryublue ! I'm glad you have enjoyed our conversations in the thread and felt comfortable enough to log in and say hello. :)
    >
    > I felt a little emotional too, when release day hit for the pack and I was finally going to be able to play a Star Wars adventure in my Sims game. Especially when I heard the epic soundtrack start to play as I was loading Black Spire. It's so exciting! We're all passionate simmers here, so I'm sure no one thinks you're silly at all.
    >
    > Feel free to join our conversations about the pack (and Star Wars) and share your adventures. :)

Thank you! I'm sorry I'm so awkward - I'm trying to figure out how the forum even works, much harder than the actual game I'm afraid. :P
    The music is great, absolutely, but am I the only one that was confused as to why the Cantina Song wasn't in there? How could there be an Oga's or a DJ Rex without the classic? So, ho hum, now there is in my game. Or a small, odd, version of it anyways. :smiley:

Yeah, the classic cantina song should be there, I agree. I was hoping to hear that as well. I might just slip it into the game files so I can hear it anyway. :p

And if you have any forum questions, there are a lot of helpful people around. The first thing you should be aware of is that some of your posts will be somewhat restricted - like, you won't be able to create a thread yet. But eventually, as you post more, you earn enough points to become a full member.

Well, I'm up too late again, it's after 3am where I am so I must get off to bed. Have fun! :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    So, here I am still waiting to get the gamepack. I wait for a sale or a bundle, but that's ok, I don't mind. I returned to playing my last save and enjoy playing anyway. :)

But then I stumbled upon this build by simproved. She created a Batuu lot just before the release of the pack, so an alternate version of Batuu that doesn't require the pack. Someone even managed to remodel the millenium falcon without the use of CC (and without the star wars gamepack), which is truly amazing. Ijust had to take a look up close. Unfortunately the lot is a bit to big and cluttered to run smoothly on my laptop but I wanted to share some pictures I took anyway. (At the risk of looking pathetic because I don't have the pack yet :p )

I watched that build earlier today. Pretty sure the Millennium Falcon was made using TOOL, which lets you do all sorts of manipulation of objects, including rotating them on multiple axes. By someone with a lot of time on their hands, and a lot of patience.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

ALsX2Wq.png
    MnrGPuH.png
    y3DSk2f.png

I got that lot downloaded too :) just haven't had time to check it out yet. So many nice Star Wars builds to try out.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    kemowery wrote: »

I watched that build earlier today. Pretty sure the Millennium Falcon was made using TOOL, which lets you do all sorts of manipulation of objects, including rotating them on multiple axes. By someone with a lot of time on their hands, and a lot of patience.

Yes, I believe the tool mod was used. But the nice thing is you don't need that mod to place a gallery building created with it in your game. I can only imagine how many hours were needed.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Is it silly to say that I actually burst into tears when I found out that this pack was coming? Probably, but, um... I'll never ever get to go to Galaxy's edge in real life, never build my own little droid and never have my own lightsaber. This pack is itself more than I thought I'd have, so, yeah, even though it isn't perfect, I love it to bits.

Yeah, depending on how the future goes, this pack might be the closest I get to a theme park. So I'm glad to have it.

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Welcome @Ryublue ! Happy to have you join us. When you become a full forum member you will be able to post pics and show us some of your game screenies :) It won't take you long to get there if you do a few posts.

Well, I need to have a late breakfast (overslept today lol) and here is my sim having his Batuu breakfast. Can't remember what it's called, but it looks quite tasty.

09-10-20_6-22-46%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Does anybody know how to recruit new members into whatever faction you're in? Chatting them up and befriending them doesn't seem to give me any 'Recruit' interactions so I'm stumped!
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I stumbled upon Rey training with her lightsaber and I literally just stopped, watched then wanted to go watch star wars...until I remembered what a disaster the movies become after episode 7 (although i didnt so much mind 8). Regardless I think they did an excellent job with the light sabers, effects and sounds. But ya just watching Rey train was impressive/entertaining.

Funny story about that - I saw Rey training and I shift-clicked and added her to my family and took her home. Well she retains all of her NPC scripting so she's pretty odd to the point she was guarding the living room and reporting to someone over comm link. I finally just removed her for the family. Now she appears all over Newcrest doing Rey things.

@Kerrigan After you've removed Rey from Batuu, have you been back? I'm curious if the game spawns another, I'd kind of like to kidnap her and Kylo... :D

@Camkat if you cheat to add Rey or Kylo to your household the game does not generate new ones. I have tested it.

@MaggieMarley RATS! Well thanks for this. I think I will still kidnap them out, just I'll do it in not my main save. ;)

I add Rey back to family and took her back to Batuu and removed her. She stayed in Batuu

Good to know! Thank you! :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Can my Sim return back home from Batuu and go back later to continue the missions or does everything reset every time they leave?
    I haven't gotten the pack yet, but I'm planning to.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Welcome @Ryublue ! Happy to have you join us. When you become a full forum member you will be able to post pics and show us some of your game screenies :) It won't take you long to get there if you do a few posts.

Well, I need to have a late breakfast (overslept today lol) and here is my sim having his Batuu breakfast. Can't remember what it's called, but it looks quite tasty.

09-10-20_6-22-46%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

I'm really enjoying the looks and names of the food and drinks from Batuu as well. My Sixam Aliens have been traveling to batuu to just get the menu and drinks to bring back for day to day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top