❄️ The official gameplay trailer for Snowy Escape just dropped! ❄️ You can watch it here.
October 23 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Negative Feedback Thoughts

Comments

  • Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 4
    removed :)
    Post edited by Truecrime_addict on
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 1,905 Member
    I just heard that the transactions in the pack (can someone point these out I am confused what transactions) are rip from the Spore game?

    I'm not sure why discussing this is relevant to the topic of this thread?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited September 3
    I just heard that the transactions in the pack (can someone point these out I am confused what transactions) are rip from the Spore game?

    I'm not sure why discussing this is relevant to the topic of this thread?

    because it is indeed true, they ripped it from another EA game and didn't bother to make it themselves? So I have negative feedback on that...?
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,447 Member
    I'm sure that the OP would appreciate it if we could keep this thread on topic.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 1,905 Member
    I just heard that the transactions in the pack (can someone point these out I am confused what transactions) are rip from the Spore game?

    I'm not sure why discussing this is relevant to the topic of this thread?

    because it is indeed true, they ripped it from another EA game and didn't bother to make it themselves? So I have negative feedback on that...?

    I encourage you to read the opening post.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 421 Member
    I think the thread title got some confused, they saw the words negative feedback and assumed it is for giving your negative feedback, doesn't help that some people might be confusing it with the negative thread for the new pack if they dont look carefully. Sorry your thread about negative feedback got hijacked by negative feedback accidentally.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    I think the thread title got some confused, they saw the words negative feedback and assumed it is for giving your negative feedback, doesn't help that some people might be confusing it with the negative thread for the new pack if they dont look carefully. Sorry your thread about negative feedback got hijacked by negative feedback accidentally.

    And that's exactly what happened...my bad sorry.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 421 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    I think the thread title got some confused, they saw the words negative feedback and assumed it is for giving your negative feedback, doesn't help that some people might be confusing it with the negative thread for the new pack if they dont look carefully. Sorry your thread about negative feedback got hijacked by negative feedback accidentally.

    And that's exactly what happened...my bad sorry.

    It is alright, kae <3 You have been active on multiple threads so it was inevitable to mix between them on accident.
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,929 Member
    Lately i've been participating less in the forum cause it has lots of threads about the same issues and for the most part the threads themselves are being so repetitive. Nothing against people's opinions. It's just getting boring. I missed when there were threads that made me discover new stuff in the game and different playstyles...
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 135 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    A noble goal. Don't forget to take into account all the store stuff for TS3 - I've spent too much money there.

    I'm actually playing TS3 these days, and it does feel very rough around the edges when one has become used to TS4. In my opinion, EA charges way too much for it nowadays considering its age and considerable amount of script errors. I use NRaas mods to optimize its playability, but still. It's unstable compared to TS4. I have all packs for it except the Katy Perry one. I wasn't playing when it released and it was later made unavailable. Hopefully, that doesn't happen with any TS4 content. It's a completionist's nightmare.

    I completely forgot to count the store! However I was a broke college student and saved up all of my Sim Points. I was able to get the majority of what I wanted by the time I was ready to transition to Sims 4 and I didn't pay a dime of real money for any of it. I have been enjoying playing TS3 and I agree compared to Sims 4 it does seem rough, but more so the CAS and sims their selves are the issues to me although I LOVE the skin tone slider and having the color wheel back for items. I haven't had any issues with TS3 on my laptop and I have all of the expansion packs and 4 worlds I brought off the store, I do not have any of the stuff packs though.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 135 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I agree with @Nate_Whiplash1

    They combine a lot into one thread that is positive. In another thread we were discussing positive threads being plowed over with negative comments and then they get closed. If a thread is named anything positive it seems to attract haters and this brings it to a close. Some of the stuff in the general discussion area should actually be moved to feedback or other areas. Anything about EA or Maxis should be in feedback.

    I have a hard time understanding why someone would intentionally interject or derail a positive or upbeat thread just to close it down. Users have admitted to doing this because they have a right to free speech. So do the users that want positive or upbeat threads. I feel that there in no where to have a positive thread that's not about cake or "who should my Sim marry" kind of threads.

    I will say if I'm feeling negative about something I stay out of the positive threads. For example I have not gone into a single Star Wars positivity thread because it isn't my place to rain on their parade. I'll rain on the Gurus' parade all day long though as they should have had better quality control, with a response like this that game should never have hit the release schedule, it is clear they didn't even speak with/poll a small portion of the community on this one.
  • OneofKindMisfitOneofKindMisfit Posts: 1 New Member
    First off I was very happy to be gifted the sim4 base game because I have TS3 and I play it like everyday for hours on in, but once I started playing TS4 I was disappointed. The reason I play TS3 like I do it because of the open world and the fact that I can make story about the family I have, I have bought all the DLC that add game play to the game. Unfortunately I only been able to buy a few of the TS4 DLCs and that mainly because of the cost of each pack. I feel that a lot of the pack could be roll up into one big pack like in the TS3.

    I wish the TS4 was more like TS3 and how it runs and how the packs were. With this being said I have given up on playing TS4 for now because I just don't find the fun and joy like I do with my TS3. With over 1000s of hours in the TS3 I still find it fun and enjoyable to play. I just hope the next the Sims game is something more like TS3 and even bring back some of the fun that TS2 had would be nice. When that happens I'll possible buy it until then I'll stay with the game that I love.

    Oh ya Bring back Sims medieval too I love that game and I had joy playing it lately
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 1,635 Member
    Here's the problem. Many people come here to talk about the fun times they're having in TS4, yet when you look at the board, more than half of the threads are complaint threads. IT'S TOO MUCH. It ruins the collective mood for everyone else.

    If people want to complain, that's fine...but can't we limit it to just a handful of threads instead of filling the board with them?

    @Nate_Whiplash1 Well there might be a reason why they exist. Don't you think?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 840 Member
    Here's the problem. Many people come here to talk about the fun times they're having in TS4, yet when you look at the board, more than half of the threads are complaint threads. IT'S TOO MUCH. It ruins the collective mood for everyone else.

    If people want to complain, that's fine...but can't we limit it to just a handful of threads instead of filling the board with them?

    @Nate_Whiplash1 Well there might be a reason why they exist. Don't you think?

    The reasons are immaterial, what is important is that 1) there are too many of these threads, and they clog up the board (they need to be condensed) and 2) as someone else on the forums already pointed out, there is a place for these threads (the feedback forums)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,394 Member
    edited September 5
    Here's the problem. Many people come here to talk about the fun times they're having in TS4, yet when you look at the board, more than half of the threads are complaint threads. IT'S TOO MUCH. It ruins the collective mood for everyone else.

    If people want to complain, that's fine...but can't we limit it to just a handful of threads instead of filling the board with them?

    @Nate_Whiplash1 Well there might be a reason why they exist. Don't you think?

    The reasons are immaterial, what is important is that 1) there are too many of these threads, and they clog up the board (they need to be condensed) and 2) as someone else on the forums already pointed out, there is a place for these threads (the feedback forums)
    That is why we have mods to reduce the copycat threads. I am ok with people posting in general discussion. We do need a disagree button back because it did help a lot with the clogging issues. Forums just need to balance out both discussions and buttons out evenly. That way people don't get jealous. I think forums reflect a lot of the same issues as the game which is the narcissism approach which society faces too. People are so intent on accusing each other to be wrong they forget what having real discussions are like and covid isn't helping either with isolating people from real human interactions so things like social skills get rusty. So thankful to have work so I still get that face to face interactions even with masks on. Helps a lot to not stay out of contacts with friends too with video chatting.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 3,017 Member
    @Scobre Yes. Bring back the disagree button and in my opinion get rid of those silly points and/or even post counts. I swear some simmers constantly post etc just to bring that number up high. Like its some kind of status symbol.
    And you are right about covid. Lately my best friend has been my mail carrier and once a week the trash guy. :| Hopefully I will get to connect more with family soon.
    Being positive does not mean ignoring the negative. Being positive means overcoming the negative
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,394 Member
    edited September 5
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @Scobre Yes. Bring back the disagree button and in my opinion get rid of those silly points and/or even post counts. I swear some simmers constantly post etc just to bring that number up high. Like its some kind of status symbol.
    And you are right about covid. Lately my best friend has been my mail carrier and once a week the trash guy. :| Hopefully I will get to connect more with family soon.
    Yeah I hate that leaderboard too. All it has done is cause problems. Awe that is sweet you are making good friends. I love the security guard and janitor at my work and always make sure to thank them for the hard work they do and keeping my coworkers safe. I am a state away from my brother now and we have been able to connect every two weeks. My nephew was just born this year and I haven't met him face to face. Thankfully because of world conditions are getting worst they will be moving closer soon. I hope you connect soon too with your family even if virtually. That human connection does help with moods a lot. My gym went bankrupt with covid, so been working out at home with Just Dance. I love doing home spa days too. Just makes a difference taking care of yourself I think. Stay safe too. My aunt is currently fighting covid, so was able to send a care package to her to help her get better even with the long distance.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 18,124 Member
    Hope your aunt is better soon @Scobre 💗
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,447 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @Scobre Yes. Bring back the disagree button and in my opinion get rid of those silly points and/or even post counts. I swear some simmers constantly post etc just to bring that number up high. Like its some kind of status symbol.
    And you are right about covid. Lately my best friend has been my mail carrier and once a week the trash guy. :| Hopefully I will get to connect more with family soon.

    I'd prefer to get rid of post voting entirely. Yes, I do enjoy giving people an upvote for good content, and yes it does feel good when other do the same to me, but in terms of what we're talking about in general here with discourse and negativity I think it contributes to a lot of heated factionalism. Person Y says "your favorite version of The Sims is lame" and people give them upvotes. So then Person Z counters with "no, your favorite version of The Sims is lame", resulting in other people giving them upvotes. And the battle is well and truly joined with the upvotes emboldening each side.

    That's not just a "here" problem; it's an everywhere problem. It has been my experience that post voting has always been more harmful than it is helpful. Giving an actual downvote only makes that worse, where the sides upvote one person and downvote the other. What I would like to see, and what I think really helps keep things respectful, is an increase in the character requirement per post. Force people to explain their thoughts, and remove the ability for users to make remarks of the short and quippy "no, you're wrong and bad" variety.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,394 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @Scobre Yes. Bring back the disagree button and in my opinion get rid of those silly points and/or even post counts. I swear some simmers constantly post etc just to bring that number up high. Like its some kind of status symbol.
    And you are right about covid. Lately my best friend has been my mail carrier and once a week the trash guy. :| Hopefully I will get to connect more with family soon.

    I'd prefer to get rid of post voting entirely. Yes, I do enjoy giving people an upvote for good content, and yes it does feel good when other do the same to me, but in terms of what we're talking about in general here with discourse and negativity I think it contributes to a lot of heated factionalism. Person Y says "your favorite version of The Sims is lame" and people give them upvotes. So then Person Z counters with "no, your favorite version of The Sims is lame", resulting in other people giving them upvotes. And the battle is well and truly joined with the upvotes emboldening each side.

    That's not just a "here" problem; it's an everywhere problem. It has been my experience that post voting has always been more harmful than it is helpful. Giving an actual downvote only makes that worse, where the sides upvote one person and downvote the other. What I would like to see, and what I think really helps keep things respectful, is an increase in the character requirement per post. Force people to explain their thoughts, and remove the ability for users to make remarks of the short and quippy "no, you're wrong and bad" variety.
    That would work too. Thank you @simgirl1010. Probably why Facebook can annoy me too with their point system with the likes, loves, etc.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 194 Member
    * This Forum is unorganised. All of this Feedback belongs in the Feedback Section. Same threads should be merged together. Share your Picture, share your Story should be in the creative corner.

    * Dont like it dont buy it mentality... I have my fair share of complaints... Sometimes you need to vent. But the core is the core after 6years and if you dont like that, well then maybe its time to leave. Yes i know Maxis likes to play with the hope card, everything can be possible... but lets be realistic here and see what their priorities are in the sims4.
    I understand critisicm... but its like... you let your frustrations out and if you are still dissatisfied... you let go and move on? Thats what it really takes to show no support.
    Some of these folks didnt play the sims4 for years and are still complaining????. I know Sims and the franchise is an emotionally topic but common, some people seem to have a toxic relationship with a video game, when a video game should just... entertain...
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 24 Member
    The negative feedback is well deserved. It’s been 6 years since this game has come out and nothing to show for it. Lackluster packs over the past couple of years offering very little gameplay. Bugs and glitches that still haven’t been resolved, limitations in CAS, sims having no personality, and no depth. I’m tired of being scammed of my money each year. There are no excuses as to why fundamental things like bunk beds, improved babies, and other gameplay changers haven’t been added yet. They have time and the resources, it’s only a matter of time until they stop stalling.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 840 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @Scobre Yes. Bring back the disagree button and in my opinion get rid of those silly points and/or even post counts. I swear some simmers constantly post etc just to bring that number up high. Like its some kind of status symbol.
    And you are right about covid. Lately my best friend has been my mail carrier and once a week the trash guy. :| Hopefully I will get to connect more with family soon.

    I'd prefer to get rid of post voting entirely. Yes, I do enjoy giving people an upvote for good content, and yes it does feel good when other do the same to me, but in terms of what we're talking about in general here with discourse and negativity I think it contributes to a lot of heated factionalism. Person Y says "your favorite version of The Sims is lame" and people give them upvotes. So then Person Z counters with "no, your favorite version of The Sims is lame", resulting in other people giving them upvotes. And the battle is well and truly joined with the upvotes emboldening each side.

    That's not just a "here" problem; it's an everywhere problem. It has been my experience that post voting has always been more harmful than it is helpful. Giving an actual downvote only makes that worse, where the sides upvote one person and downvote the other. What I would like to see, and what I think really helps keep things respectful, is an increase in the character requirement per post. Force people to explain their thoughts, and remove the ability for users to make remarks of the short and quippy "no, you're wrong and bad" variety.

    Agree 100% with getting rid of voting entirely. I joined this site not long ago, and when I saw the voting thing, I thought "Am I still in high school?"
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 18,124 Member
    Sorry @Nate_Whiplash1 I gave you a like for your comment. 1 point. 😄
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 840 Member
    Sorry @Nate_Whiplash1 I gave you a like for your comment. 1 point. 😄

    I guess I"ll be able to live with that lol
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top