March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Negative Feedback Thoughts

1235...Next

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,074 Member
    Here's the problem. Many people come here to talk about the fun times they're having in TS4, yet when you look at the board, more than half of the threads are complaint threads. IT'S TOO MUCH. It ruins the collective mood for everyone else.

If people want to complain, that's fine...but can't we limit it to just a handful of threads instead of filling the board with them?

@Nate_Whiplash1 Well there might be a reason why they exist. Don't you think?

The reasons are immaterial, what is important is that 1) there are too many of these threads, and they clog up the board (they need to be condensed) and 2) as someone else on the forums already pointed out, there is a place for these threads (the feedback forums)

@Nate_Whiplash1 looks like the mods disagree with you 'cause they don't seem to mind.

But are the mods the end-all be-all? The last time I checked, this forum was designed for player participation, not mod participation. I'm doubling down on my statement that excessive negative threads detract from the overall environment of these general discussion forums, and I'm far from being the only one that thinks so.

Some might say "well if you don't like a thread, don't click on it", but let me use an analogy. Let's say there was a 5 star restaurant with great reviews in town, but it was in the worst part of town, with crime and blight everywhere--how many people would still want to go?

And how many people (especially newcomers) will want to participate here long-term when there is so much negativity everywhere? It's creating a bad neighborhood.

@Nate_Whiplash1 Well yeah but when you are saying and I quote "there is a place for these threads (the feedback forums)" like it's some kind of a rule people are not following then this is where the mods come in.
    Just say I don't agree with the threads being in the General discussion and that's fine, since you don't run this forum personally. If something is posted somewhere, where it "doesn't belong" it will get moved over don't worry about that.

Not necessarily. We're talking about 2 completely different things here. You're talking about what does/doesn't violate forum rules, and I'm talking about what many people feel would be best for the forums. And I'll say once again that I'm not the only one that thinks so, there are many here that share this viewpoint.

I feel like the mods should do more to relocate posts to the appropriate categories.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I feel like the mods should do more to relocate posts to the appropriate categories.
    Agreed. General Discussion is used for everything despite the dedicated sub-forums. And sometimes, similar threads exist both here and elsewhere. It's a bit lazy in my opinion to not find the intended sub-forum for one's thread. It can't be that much of a rush to get something posted (and get attention), unless something technical is wrong with one's game.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Here's the problem. Many people come here to talk about the fun times they're having in TS4, yet when you look at the board, more than half of the threads are complaint threads. IT'S TOO MUCH. It ruins the collective mood for everyone else.

If people want to complain, that's fine...but can't we limit it to just a handful of threads instead of filling the board with them?

The reasons are immaterial, what is important is that 1) there are too many of these threads, and they clog up the board (they need to be condensed) and 2) as someone else on the forums already pointed out, there is a place for these threads (the feedback forums)

@Nate_Whiplash1 looks like the mods disagree with you 'cause they don't seem to mind.

But are the mods the end-all be-all? The last time I checked, this forum was designed for player participation, not mod participation. I'm doubling down on my statement that excessive negative threads detract from the overall environment of these general discussion forums, and I'm far from being the only one that thinks so.

Some might say "well if you don't like a thread, don't click on it", but let me use an analogy. Let's say there was a 5 star restaurant with great reviews in town, but it was in the worst part of town, with crime and blight everywhere--how many people would still want to go?

And how many people (especially newcomers) will want to participate here long-term when there is so much negativity everywhere? It's creating a bad neighborhood.

@Nate_Whiplash1 Well yeah but when you are saying and I quote "there is a place for these threads (the feedback forums)" like it's some kind of a rule people are not following then this is where the mods come in.
    Just say I don't agree with the threads being in the General discussion and that's fine, since you don't run this forum personally. If something is posted somewhere, where it "doesn't belong" it will get moved over don't worry about that.

Not necessarily. We're talking about 2 completely different things here. You're talking about what does/doesn't violate forum rules, and I'm talking about what many people feel would be best for the forums. And I'll say once again that I'm not the only one that thinks so, there are many here that share this viewpoint.

@Nate_Whiplash1 Many people including who? This is the first time I hear this.

Maybe you want to post that in the feedback section then. It is feedback for the mods. So practice what you preach.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020

Maybe you want to post that in the feedback section then. It is feedback for the mods. So practice what you preach.
    This is actually the place to post about forum feedback and ideas:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ideas-feedback

Gets tiring when Sims 4 forums get cluttered with forum feedback which is a major issue is not having a directory to guide Simmers to where to post and where to report bugs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,074 Member

You obviously aren't reading the posts in the threads, because there have been quite a few people put off by the negativity. I'm not going to single anyone out, but it's not at all hard to find.

And my "feedback" is just as much for the people that post on THIS forum, in the hopes that some of them will post in the correct forums. I've made my points, I'm done with this discussion.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    So after intense fan outcry over the weekend, EA decided the disable the full-screen ads they tried to sneak into UFC 4. Negative feedback, folks.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Just wanted to say I'm genuinely sorry if my original post was in any way offensive. I certainly didn't intend to sound rude or uncivil in any way~ Apologies if anything I said came across as such!

Basically all I'm trying to say is... Disagreements are unfortunate but inevitable. I usually don't talk about this, but will make an exception for this thread. That being said, it's best to just leave folks to it, I think. I rarely find it's worth the stress, y'know? Not to mention it rarely changes minds or contributes to the conversation at hand in a constructive way. As long as we're not breaking rules, we're all welcome to post here.

But o' course, that's just my opinion~ All the best, y'all~ ✌
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, I've moved this thread over to the feedback section considering it is indeed a feedback thread.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I don't fully navigate in this forum; but now the thread is placed in the category: Feedback > The Sims 4 Game Feedback, which has the description: "Give your feedback on the game thus far."

The way I interpret this thread it would be more proper in a section called: "Feedback For The Forum", or something similar- but I can't find any like that.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't fully navigate in this forum; but now the thread is placed in the category: Feedback > The Sims 4 Game Feedback, which has the description: "Give your feedback on the game thus far."

The way I interpret this thread it would be more proper in a section called: "Feedback For The Forum", or something similar- but I can't find any like that.

This thread doesn’t belong in this forum. It should have stayed in General. It’s not game feedback at all; it’s discussing community feedback.

But still they tucked it away here, just like the Ark of the Covenant.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    OP, in five pages have you noticed you did not get one answer of why people are offended by negative feedback concerning TS4. You have not received one answer to your question of 'why did you do it?' concerning why they jumped on people who were saying something negative about TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

This thread doesn’t belong in this forum. It should have stayed in General. It’s not game feedback at all; it’s discussing community feedback.

But still they tucked it away here, just like the Ark of the Covenant.

@So_Money Yeah but like 3 people complained and here we are... If the thread has the word feedback in the title the mods will move it. Doesn't matter if it's not feedback but a discussion :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    Yes, I have gathered that the General Section is the most frequented and read; noone posting in this thread after it moved to this section.

Is there any section fitting it, in the forum. @EA_Rtas ? It is feedback; but not about the game, but about the forum itself, and it is directed not to the ones producing the game, but to the players posting in the forum.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    Yes, I have gathered that the General Section is the most frequented and read; noone posting in this thread after it moved to this section.

Is there any section fitting it, in the forum. @EA_Rtas ? It is feedback; but not about the game, but about the forum itself, and it is directed not to the ones producing the game, but to the players posting in the forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ideas-feedback
    Share your non game related feedback & suggestions about The Sims forum
    edited September 2020
    Thank you. Then this thread belongs in that section then, and not in this one. @EA_Rtas

Edit: I found this interesting thread there; so maybe any suggestions that come from this thread will be heared if moved there: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968147/responses-on-ideas-feedback#latest
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I think I've brought this up before but I think it's negative comments hit closer to home for some people than they'd like to believe. This is the thing I've always thought, if people saying negative things about something you enjoy ruins your enjoyment then do you really find it as enjoying as you claim to or are you seeing the problems too and are more affected by them than you may have realized?

I love Sims 3, and people talked and still talk bad about it but it never ruined my enjoyment of it and I used to see several negative comments a day about it before the Sims 4 Star Wars pack came about which I'll speak on in a second. Sometimes I even agreed with the points. Yeah, that was messed up they moved on and never fixed it but I'm still having fun playing it. I'm not blind to its problems. I can state issues I have with it and what the devs did and didn't do. I have no problem speaking negatively on it or about the things that annoyed me to no end but the positives outweigh the negatives for me and nothing anyone says will mess that up for me because I know for a fact I enjoy it. If you truly enjoy it, no one's opinion of it should ruin that for you.

Something else I mentioned before that I think plays into why some can't stand any negative talk about Sims 4. I think Sims 4 is heading down the same if not a very similar road to the one Sims 3 went down. It's going to get or already is buggy and messy for some, just like Sims 3 was, they're not going to fix it, and they're going to call it a day and put out Sims 5 and I think deep down some players feel the same way and they don't want to acknowledge it. They'd rather hope for the best and believe all the negative Nancie's are wrong because that would mean that some of them, not all of them but some of them, have wasted their time and money. If you enjoy it then it's not a waste, but I don't think some people enjoy The Sims 4 as much as they say they do and not enough to justify to themselves the amount of money they've spent on it, and let me be clear and stress, that's not the case for everyone, that is not what I'm saying, but I'm pretty sure it's the case for some people. Otherwise it wouldn't affect them so much that they feel the need to shut every negative opinion down, and I think it alarmed some of them even more when some of the people who would've been right by their side defending this game "turned" so to speak, and spoke negatively of the newest pack, how they felt betrayed and started admitting they don't like The Sims 4 as much as they wish they did or how if it wasn't for mods and CC they probably wouldn't bother with it.

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by saying it but it's what I've been observing in the community for a while. It's something I especially noticed when the Star Wars pack was announced. None of the people I usually see speaking out about The Sims 4 problems were saying they personally felt betrayed by the move, they felt betrayed or slighted way before this. For as much I may be critical of it, I do want people to enjoy The Sims 4 but there have been two times especially where negative backlashes have stuck out to me because it wasn't just the "usual suspects" but the usually positive people. When they gave the game away for free and when they announced that Star Wars pack. The forums were mild but twitter, facebook and youtube were ruthless and for as ruthless as it got I know there was a lot of hurt and anger behind that and not just at the devs either, but at themselves. That's why I overlook rage rants and stuff like that.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I split my original comment in two because it was too long but I wanted to address the sudden love of Sim 3 and how it relates to The Sims 4.

I do find it odd how much love Sims 3 is suddenly getting now. I half tempted to be petty and tease some of the people I'm cool with like, 'No, you said the sims and clothes were ugly even though you're sitting here with tons and tons of CC and mods to make Sims 4 look better and have better gameplay for you, don't come sucking up to it now!' lol, but I get it because how they're feeling now is in part how I've always felt. I want to love Sims 4 but it has some core issues that I can't overlook and until those get fixed I'll likely never enjoy Sims 4 no matter how many packs are added. The reason I even say anything anymore has more to do with Sims 5 than Sims 4 because after all this time I don't see it changing but Sims 5 may have a chance, especially with some friendly competition on the horizon.

I think Star Wars was the tipping point for some people. They'd bought the Sims 4 base game and all the packs up until that point, even against their better judgement sometimes, and I think they had hope that the issues they commonly mentioned would get addressed and they understand that those things take time but it's been 6 years and suddenly here's this animated advertisement for a Star Wars theme park instead. It fixes nothing, it breaks the CC and mods some of them heavily rely on to improve The Sims 4 for their enjoyment and they're tired. So they went back to see what used to be and they're enjoying them because unlike with Sims 4 they don't need mods to improve the gameplay in Sims 3 or Sims 2, the gameplay is there already.

Frankly I've been surprised at how many people who went back to play the old games were surprised at the things you could do or things that would happen. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, depending on when they started they likely don't remember Sims 2 all that much and some of their computers couldn't handle Sims 3 but now they have a computer that can run it well. It's like they're discovering a whole new game but it's the same game they used to trash and I've noticed the common theme of where's this kind of stuff, this energy, this gameplay in Sims 4. I've been loving reading posts from players rediscovering the old games and getting excited and into the game. Both games have their problems, true, but they clearly have an element or several to them that's missing for some people in Sims 4. It's pretty and to majority of them the graphics are better, it runs smooth on some their computers but it's lacking and it's buggy. At least those are the things I most commonly hear.

The Sims 4 has 35 packs, has lasted longer than all the previous games and the same complaints still persist. At what point do you stop thinking people are just complaining to be complaining and think maybe they have a point? Especially when it's not just the same people saying it anymore, but more and more people now. Just because they have a point doesn't mean the game is ruined for you, it just means that The Sims team needs to do better. And it may be just a game to some of you, but they started marketing this game a safe space, and inclusive for a reason. What's just something to you could mean everything to someone else and they know they have players who are very passionate about The Sims franchise. The Sims games have always been games but they've also always been an outlet and a safe space too. A tool to help players tell their stories and experiment without real world consequences, just the consequences in game but there are players who feel like they can't tell the stories they want anymore because some of the tools and the in-depth gameplay aren't there when they used to be.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I do find it...odd that some people who love sims 4 end up in negative threads. Do what every you like as long as you're respectful. But sometimes it comes off very "Well if it's good enough for me it should be good enough for you. So stop complaining." I mean if you like the game so much maybe instead of fighting with complainers dedicate your time to showing your appreciation to the sims team. Or share tips to help people's games run smoothly? And same goes for people on the other side of the spectrum. Game full of things you're not satisfied with? Going into a positive thread isn't going to solve the problem.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,902 Member
    I feel that some Simmers complain bitterly without trying to see if there is any help in "Answers" or have a low grade computer that can't play the game at the level they force it to." Game-changers do have their uses sometimes. eg Platforms!

Some Simmers need to update their drivers, and that means bios, video, audio and any other drivers they haven't checked for years.

Some Simmers just have issues with EA/Maxis.

Some Simmers need to learn about how to give feedback that is not rude or confrontational to the Gurus. That is not likely to have a positive effect is it?

Have fun everybody. <3

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited November 2020
    I ignore some 'positive threads about X' because i know I wont agree or have something to contribute. Why not just ignore the negative threads that you see? The same way you want "complainers" to not derail your threads or be intrusive or make post after post with complaints (ironically the complaining about complainers threads) and you want those negative simmers to ignore them, ignore those too. Be the change you want to see in the world lol
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member

I honestly find it funny how people say negative feedback ruins their mood. I mean, those negative feedbacks are NOT to spite the game. It is to help improve it. Because for some they cant even play the game. Doesnt THAT breaks the "collective mood" more?

Also just as people are saying "dont buy it if you dont like it" then... DONT READ IT IF YOU DONT WANT TO BREAK YOUR "COLLECTIVE MOOD" LOOOOOOOL
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    There have been very reasonable complaints thrown that would have helped this game get better. Since Get to Work. But during those times there more EA fan bois (and girls) who thought it was mean because someone else was calling EA and Maxis out for their mistakes. So here we are now... a game that can be barely called a game.

This is the only game I play were even if you say your concern with the ought most respect you get shutdown. The other games I play, the community is even more toxic. I mean, when you say "hi" in the forums you'd be lucky if you get a "F*** off". Majority of these "positive" simmers are actually passive-aggressive. They have been very toxic to everyone else who thinks that the game needs improvement.

Also just because you like the game doesn't mean that you are helping the game improve. Lol. And alternatively just because you complain about the game doesnt mean you hate the game. Remember that "hate" is not the opposite of "love". Apathy is.