Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Journey to Batuu?

Comments

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Okay / Not really bothered
    The trailer did nothing to me, but I think the pack actually sounds fun, based on the description of it. Anyhow, I'm not a Star Wars fan, I haven't really watched any of the movies completely, I don't know the lore and I'm not interested in learning it, so I will just skip this GP. Still I'm happy for those who want it :)
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    edited October 2020
    Will buy in a sale
    Meh, doesn't matter.
    Post edited by Ceridwen on
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Definitely not buying
    They should be putting their efforts into FIXING the existing broken packs, not RELEASING NEW BROKEN PACKS.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Oh, and they just announced this will come with bunk beds. BOOOO[/quote]

Just when you think they can't possibly screw it up any more
    [/quote]

Nope.
    Nope, nope, nope, nope.
    Noooooot even bunkbeds will make me buy this crap.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    edited August 2020
    Can’t wait!
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Oh, and they just announced this will come with bunk beds. BOOOO

Just when you think they can't possibly screw it up any more

Nope.
    Nope, nope, nope, nope.
    Noooooot even bunkbeds will make me buy this 🌺🌺🌺🌺.

It's not true.

They've always put changes to build mode in patches. The bunk beds thing was a joke by James Turner. But people really want to believe that EA is going to force them to buy Journey to Batuu.
  • Options
    Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member
    Definitely not buying
    On principle UNTIL they fix the masses of bugs from EL. After that I'll think about it, but only think about it.

I like sci fi so in theory I should be into a pack like this, but this sounds so dominated by Star Wars that it wouldn't fit with my (own personal) story-driven sandbox games. Outside of the first three movies, I have no clue what's going on in the sprawling SW franchise and don't see why I should have do a load of homework on it just in order to play a new Sims pack.

The choice of theme for this pack also sounds like it's all about marketing Star Wars, not creativity or inventiveness or any attempt to do anything truly original with the Sims. This annoys me, and makes me feel like I'd be a dupe for buying it. If it was literally any theme instead of a franchise tie-in, I'd be more open to giving it a chance the way I did with Strangerville. I don't even like zombies, but I ended up really enjoying SV because I created a new bunch of sims and a backstory for them that worked with the official storyline we were handed with that one. So, I managed to make my own thing out of it. But Star Wars is just... Star Wars. What can you do with that? Maybe send your richer and/or geekier sims on a Westworld-style vacation there? I suppose, but I'd want to know how easily you can hand wave the Star Wars aspects of it.

Mostly though, I'm not buying because I'm so irked they haven't fixed EL yet. Anyone who got that pack has struggled wih a bug-ridden game for months on end now. It took me ages and loads of tedious work to fix my save from the NAP contamination, AND in the middle of that I had the 134 error which stopped me playing at all for about two weeks. (Thank goodness they did pull their fingers out and fix that, eventually.) And we've already had a stuff pack and now we're getting a game pack and Eco Living STILL ISN'T FIXED.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Can’t wait!
    The first expansion made for Sims 3 was World Adventures with exploration in other countries and many games to solve in each. I really loved that pack and wanted more of the same but then they started on the dolls' house stuff packs and expansions and got the Simmers they have now, having lost the adventure gamers. We are now descending into the W. Whims type of mods which I don't want in my game.

We need some of the adventure spark back and give Sims 4 a good kicking into 2021.

I don't care what they use to do it and if Star Wars is a vehicle I don't mind at all. I'm getting a bit tired of building dolls houses and need some action.

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2020
    I can't say at the moment. I need to know more.
    It's very niche and happens to fit nicely with how I am playing my sims at the moment.
    Most likely Okay/Pretty Good/or Can't Wait.

I realize that this pack will not have a broad appeal and really isn't a good fit for most simmers.
    EA is probably looking to attract new players and appeal to simmers who are fans of Star Wars, plus making use of the EA/Star Wars partnership.

If they did not foresee this backlash, they must be naive about their customers.
    This pretty much flies in the face of what some simmers want.

I am looking for a pack theme (or base game patches) that makes the most sense for them fleshing out Sim traits, personality based social interactions and trait driven whims. They can add all the packs they want, but if sims are not unique and fascinating to play because of the individuality of the sims and their interactions, any new pack will only keep you interested a couple of weeks because of new content.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Can’t wait!
    I’m personally excited about the pack. It’s like nothing they have never released in any Sims game. I’m not a huge Star Wars fan but I have always wanted a light saber IRL but now I can play with them in the Sims 4!

While I agree that I wish they would take a hiatus from releasing new content and fix the bugs and issues with the game.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2020
    Definitely not buying
    If Maxis is going to continue down this road with packs like SV and SW, then let's just go all out and start using the Sims as a way to add other games (story driven/linear aspects) and just use The Sims' animators for the following,

Nancy Drew pack.
    Sherlock Holmes pack.
    FallOut pack.
    Call of Duty pack.
    Silent Hill pack.
    AC pack.
    Anthem pack.
    Doctor Who pack.

I can name dozens and dozens. Let's go Maxis start pumping them out.
    ETA: We don't need a life simulator just The Sims to build other games for us using Sims.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Can’t wait!
    Good, something new.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Can’t wait!
    I also think its a great way to introduce The Sims 4 to people who might never have played before.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm not a Star Wars fan, not because I don't like the industry, but because I haven't watched any of the movies, lol! But I'm not bothered by what I saw on the trailer and I think a fantasy world will counterbalance my realistic save files. I'll most definitely buy it and try to incorporate some aspects of the pack into my existing stories.
  • Options
    Can’t wait!
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If Maxis is going to continue down this road with packs like SV and SW, then let's just go all out and start using the Sims as a way to add other games (story driven/linear aspects) and just use The Sims' animators for the following,

Nancy Drew pack.
    Sherlock Holmes pack.
    FallOut pack.
    Call of Duty pack.
    Silent Hill pack.
    AC pack.
    Anthem pack.
    Doctor Who pack.

ETA: We don't need a life simulator just The Sims to build other games for us using Sims.

I'd buy several of those. Fallout and Doctor Who especially, since the Doctor Who one would have to include time travel. Come to think of it, if AC means "Assassin's Creed," that would also need to have different time periods and maybe sims could do parkour? I'm in.

When the trailer for State of Decay 3 came out, in a group speculating on what might be in the game (based on almost no information), my list of things I'd like to see ended up being, basically, a hybrid between State of Decay and The Sims.

And another one of my favorite games is LEGO Dimensions which lets you take characters from a bunch of different properties and throw them together to have adventures in different worlds ... so I'd be okay with that, too. My neighborhoods in The Sims are already pretty likely to have the Tenth Doctor and Rose living next to Sabrina Spellman living next to Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter, so licensed packs that actually helped support that playstyle would be fine by me.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    If it has enough grunge to flesh out apocalyptic saves I will get it. As far as the controversy, the KP pack had a similar if not so extreme reaction. For many of the same reasons. I can't remember if 2 did something like this. Back in the day, my best friend wouldn't play 1 because Drew Carey was in it. It's a thing with EA.
  • Options
    Can’t wait!
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    If it has enough grunge to flesh out apocalyptic saves I will get it. As far as the controversy, the KP pack had a similar if not so extreme reaction. For many of the same reasons. I can't remember if 2 did something like this. Back in the day, my best friend wouldn't play 1 because Drew Carey was in it. It's a thing with EA.

In TS2, I remember people being upset, though not to this degree, over H&M Fashion. Which had some good clothes in it, really. I used it a lot.
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    If it has.... (comment)
    I will buy if the following is true....

If Star Ward outfits and aliens are contained to Batuu. I know SimGuruNinja said not the worry, but that is not the same as saying these thing will be contained there. History has shown major pack bleed on such things is the norm.

If the game pack offers more than destination world play. While I don't want Star Wars running around everywhere, I also don't want game play that is limited to a quick vacation. That has been a major grip I have had about both Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure and Strangerville packs is they are one world only packs. When that world isn't even a world you can live in it destroys the long term playibility of the pack.

I love Star Wars, I love the Sims, I am having a hard time seeing them work together into one integrated game without one hurting the other flavor and world wise yet still having compatibility and a one game feeling. Show me they pulled this off and I will throw money there way.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I am deeply disappointed. This is my least favourite installment ever. I want my sims to live in my world. If I would like to play star wars games there is plenty to choose from already. I can't actually believe this is real, like this is the thing "we've never seen before". I feel like crying tbh. 😔
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Can’t wait!

Nancy Drew pack.
    Sherlock Holmes pack.
    FallOut pack.
    Call of Duty pack.
    Silent Hill pack.
    AC pack.
    Anthem pack.
    Doctor Who pack.

yes!

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    FlyingTaco112FlyingTaco112 Posts: 8 New Member
    I will wait and see what others think about it before I buy it.
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Can’t wait!

Nancy Drew pack.
    Sherlock Holmes pack.
    FallOut pack.
    Call of Duty pack.
    Silent Hill pack.
    AC pack.
    Anthem pack.
    Doctor Who pack.

I'd love to see a Dr Who pack!

I'm excited for the star wars one,I love the films and by the looks of this pack (From what I have seen from the trailer.) It looks like it adds a good strory to the sims 4 for all fans of star wars. It's not like there aren't any star wars stuff in the sims 4. B)
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    Can’t wait!
    SPACESHIPS!!!
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    Definitely not buying
    gettps wrote: »
    They should be putting their efforts into FIXING the existing broken packs, not RELEASING NEW BROKEN PACKS.

This! I really don't understand why people keeps buying more and more packs when there are dozens of bugs unfixed to the date, some of them very old ones.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2020
    Can’t wait!

I didn't know who on earth Drew Carey was at the time. I live in the UK and we didn't know him over here. I'm glad that the game has got more global since then. All I found out in the game was that he liked good parties! :)

In 2 You could explore when you were on holiday and it could be a bit adventurous sometimes.

World Adventures was my favourite pack in Sims 3. You had adventures in 3 different countries France, China and Egypt, exploring tombs and other scary places. It had fantastic objects too.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Definitely not buying
    kemowery wrote: »

In TS2, I remember people being upset, though not to this degree, over H&M Fashion. Which had some good clothes in it, really. I used it a lot.

The styles were fine, especially for my hippy Sims, but I was against the sweatshops where these clothes are made in real life. Where dozens of women are housed in a 12x12 room and make about 2 cents a day or less.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.