Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#EAlisten movement

Comments

• Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    Remember when people kept spamming about toddlers ? Then seasons ? Then university? People don’t understand things take time. I’m pretty sure they are working on it because they are aware that this has been brought up before. It will come out when it’s ready . We just need to be patient

to be patient? six years is not enough for ea to have added features like color wheel, cars, moving babies, burglars, bunk beds and all the other stuff people is afraid to ask cuz devs and die-hard fans keep saying they are not possible?? (just like how toddlers, pools etc was "not possible" either until people complained about it..

developing a game takes time too, but instead ea did not hesitate in delivering a half done ts4
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If making a colour wheel was so easy wouldn't a modder have succeeded in making one by now? If we are so near to a new Sims iteration EA/Maxis might not think it worth doing at this late date.

If we are getting a "Space type" games pack it might be worth doing though, for every colour from white through to black so we could get aliens in a multitude of colour shades.

• Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    Remember when people kept spamming about toddlers ? Then seasons ? Then university? People don’t understand things take time. I’m pretty sure they are working on it because they are aware that this has been brought up before. It will come out when it’s ready . We just need to be patient

to be patient? six years is not enough for ea to have added features like color wheel, cars, moving babies, burglars, bunk beds and all the other stuff people is afraid to ask cuz devs and die-hard fans keep saying they are not possible?? (just like how toddlers, pools etc was "not possible" either until people complained about it..

developing a game takes time too, but instead ea did not hesitate in delivering a half done ts4

Oh no I agree completely . I am in no way defending them trust me I’m with you 100% but as long as you have these influencers & simmers who will continue to defend these shenanigans this will continue to happen. There’s so many features & things that are missing after all these years. All we get now is half baked packs. But I’m trying to be hopeful that things will get better
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Not everyone wants to or can use CC. I am thinking about console players or players like me that don't use cc. The creator community should enhance our games if we choose to use what they create. They should not have to fix the game. I do use mods that enhance my game but not cc. The mods that I use get rid of annoyances and speed things up. Sometimes they fix my mess ups.

I don't think we need more skin tones at the moment but maybe better ones. Some of the darker skin tones do need an overhaul as well as the lighter ones. They need to improve what we have now and go from there for more diversity.

This is a life simulator and I feel that everyone should be able to create themselves in the game if they choose to do so. Some players feel excluded.

Also, about hair ... like skin, hair is not just one color. I don't know what to say about it. I have what they call salt-n-pepper hair with a red in the sun look. My hair lightens in the summer and in the sun it looks like I have red highlights. They can not put that into this game. Do I feel excluded? No! This is not meant invalidate the players that do feel excluded. They have a valid complaint that needs to be addressed publicly. Questions need to be answered for those that feel excluded.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

agree 100%
  • Options

Oh no I agree completely . I am in no way defending them trust me I’m with you 100% but as long as you have these influencers & simmers who will continue to defend these shenanigans this will continue to happen. There’s so many features & things that are missing after all these years. All we get now is half baked packs. But I’m trying to be hopeful that things will get better

true, ea has no reason to improve its games with all these people defending them and buying all their products
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    It’s impossible to satisfy everyone with more swatches. The only answer is a color wheel.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2020
    At the very least, EA should fix those splotchy skin tones they patched in a while ago (Feb 2018). That would be a nice starting point.

Within a day of that patch, it was fixed by custom content creators. Maybe it could take EA days to fix this but not years. Come on!
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @SimplyJen Which custom content creator fixed the skin tones?
    This is the one I use:
    https://escapingpotplant.tumblr.com/post/170723544550/override-dark-skintones-this-file-will-override

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Devs never said toddlers and pools weren't possible, but yeah, some players did. They were in development because the game wasn't finished in time but some people didn't want to believe it for some reason.

They did say, however, that color wheels are one of the few things that they can't do in Sims 4 at this point. The development tech of the Sims as they are now doesn't support it and I guess it's something they can't go back and change. Pets were done with a color wheel because they were developed from the beginning, separately, to have one. (Has to do with having layers on the avatar, I guess?) So people shouldn't hold their breath for a color wheel, it's not happening.

As for the skin tones and hairs and stuff, I think what some players actually want are alpha tones for more realistic looks. I think sometimes people forget that there is an art style that is maintained and meant to sort of exaggerate colors to enhance the cartoony look. We're not likely to ever get any "realistic" skin and hair tones.

That said, I definitely think we could use more colors and tones and that those skin tones desperately need to be fixed.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I think the devs should prioritise adding more/fixing the darker skin tones, as several of my friends have pointed out that there are lighting/texture issues on several of them. And they are quite lacking to begin with. This is a game that markets itself on people being able to represent themselves in it, afterall. I also agree about hoping for a black hair colour that does not have hints of blue in it!

I think this sense of urgency comes from frustration that they added in being able to name cowplants simply because one influencer mentioned it, when hundreds of people have been requesting improved skin tones for a long time.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

Devs never said toddlers and pools weren't possible, but yeah, some players did. They were in development because the game wasn't finished in time but some people didn't want to believe it for some reason.

They did say, however, that color wheels are one of the few things that they can't do in Sims 4 at this point. The development tech of the Sims as they are now doesn't support it and I guess it's something they can't go back and change. Pets were done with a color wheel because they were developed from the beginning, separately, to have one. (Has to do with having layers on the avatar, I guess?) So people shouldn't hold their breath for a color wheel, it's not happening.

i don't believe anything ea says, they contradict themselves way too much.
    as for the color wheel, then i'll have fun seeing how ea struggles to excuse and fix the whole skintones issue in the game. they will probably add more swatches since that's easier to do, but for many people it won't be enough.
    how could a game that goes all about customization and representation leave out the color wheel?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2020
    Every time people ask about things like this we hear excuses like that it's difficult to do or that it takes time...

They had six years, and the game has generated them more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue.

They have not made it, because they did not want to make it. Think about that, the next time you buy their 30th pack or watch their marketing ads. They did not want to hire any artists to fix their skin tones or add more of them, but they happily hired people to make more packs to sell, or make unique animations in their marketing trailers.

I know I'm getting pretty tired of hearing excuses.
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Every time people ask about things like this we hear excuses like that it's difficult to do or that it takes time...

They had six years, and the game has generated them more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue.

They have not made it, because they did not want to make it. Think about that, the next time you buy their 30th pack or watch their marketing ads. They did not want to hire any artists to fix their skin tones or add more of them, but they happily hired people to make more packs to sell, or make unique animations in their marketing trailers.

i mean according to some on here sims 4 has lost millions of players and isn't making EA any money, because Sims 4 flunked. Not sure how that supports the idea that they can afford to do much of anything.

• Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    I hope the rest of the world gets representation too. All of these movements are very Americacentric, and whichever direction it takes will be towards more Americacentrism.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

i mean according to some on here sims 4 has lost millions of players and isn't making EA any money, because Sims 4 flunked. Not sure how that supports the idea that they can afford to do much of anything.

Don’t believe what “some say here”. EA released their financial reports on March 31st.

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Electronic-Arts-Reports-Q4-and-Full-Year-FY20-Financial-Results/default.aspx

“In every quarter of fiscal 2020, monthly average players in The Sims 4TM were higher than the comparable period in the prior year.“
    EA had great revenue. For them to say they can’t afford it is no excuse.

Some comments here saying it doesn’t bother them, so they don’t see a problem is part of the problem as well.
    There are people who want to be represented accurately and the colors of shades we have now for POC are not good enough. If modders can do it, EA should too, there shouldn’t be a reason to rely on modders for this.
  • Options

Don’t believe what “some say here”. EA released their financial reports on March 31st.

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Electronic-Arts-Reports-Q4-and-Full-Year-FY20-Financial-Results/default.aspx

“In every quarter of fiscal 2020, monthly average players in The Sims 4TM were higher than the comparable period in the prior year.“
    EA had great revenue. For them to say they can’t afford it is no excuse.

Some comments here saying it doesn’t bother them, so they don’t see a problem is part of the problem as well.
    There are people who want to be represented accurately and the colors of shades we have now for POC are not good enough. If modders can do it, EA should too, there shouldn’t be a reason to rely on modders for this.

Im very aware that Sims 4 is actually selling quite well. And has lots of fans stills. I was being sarcastic about the misinformation ive seen here claiming otherwise.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    “Monthly average players” doesn’t mean paying customers. They give this game away for free all the time.

Similar to when Netflix stopped gaining new yoy customers/revenue so they changed their success barometer over to “monthly viewers” instead of new subscribers.
  • Options
    “Monthly average players” doesn’t mean paying customers. They give this game away for free all the time.

Similar to when Netflix stopped gaining new yoy customers/revenue so they changed their success barometer over to “monthly viewers” instead of new subscribers.

The game has millions of paying customers. The Base game has been free. A couple times? Not for very long. The EP's & GPs for "this game" are NOT. And those are definitely selling. But i wont be getting back into that :*
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    There are many things that need to be added to the game... I'm still peeved by the fact that relationships still haven't been fixed! Aunts/uncles, nephews/nieces, in laws, and cousins still aren't recognized correctly.

Also, the ability to change the intensity and color of a light while in buy/build mode (like in Sims 3)... I mean, is this really too much to ask for!?

I'm also still waiting for them to bring back cemeteries (with a working mausoleum that contains the remains of Sims who have passed away, like in Sims 3)... I'm sick of Sims dying from outside of my current household and being unable to find their graves/urns because they don't technically exist. Also, they need to stop ghosts from being able to act like normal Sims... it gets annoying whenever I see a deceased Sim dancing at a club or calling me on the phone like it's supposed to be "normal".

For those of us with 'Seasons', it would also be nice if we could view weather forecasts in other worlds BEFORE visiting them... nothing is more annoying than wanting to go visit a specific lot in a different world and then realizing the weather is completely wrong for what you wanted to do... especially when you plan an event ahead of time (yes, I know we could just visit the world prior to making plans, but we shouldn't have to).

I wanna see more trait slots for our Sims (maybe more around five, like in Sims 3). Toddlers can have 1-2, children have 3, teenagers have 4, and young adults, adults, & elders have 5.

There are still MANY things wrong with Sims 4 that I'm honestly becoming worried they won't end up fixing or improving... because we're likely approaching the end of Sims 4's life cycle (it's been quite a long time already). The fact that many of these things didn't come with the game to begin with speaks volumes about the development of this game... even including the content/features we've gotten through patches. The vast majority of this stuff should've already been included.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited August 2020

The game has millions of paying customers. The Base game has been free. A couple times? Not for very long. The EP's & GPs for "this game" are NOT. And those are definitely selling. But i wont be getting back into that :*

I would question the claim that the game has been free a “couple of times” or hasn’t been marked down from $50 some odd dollars to $5.

@Sim_Architects I’m not trying to fight the fact that the game is popular lol. I’m just providing information on how us manipulative business people adjust numbers to create an impression of tremendous popularity/sales. Rly doesn’t need a condescending kissy face lmao.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I wouldn't want my existing sims' skin tones to change :/

I can see that some of the darker skins are a bit grey (perhaps they could be less grey), but I don't have splotchy skin tones anymore. I had them once, but the problem was solved when I checked "uncompressed sims textures" in the game options.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @popstarsley The game is rarely free. It’s been free twice. A quick google search can show that. And regardless even if it sold for $5 it still sold. But the packs still count, even if they were sold at a discount. They can’t manipulate numbers about revenue or losses in their financial report. That’s lying to their investors, they can sued for that.
    Regardless, this has gotten off topic.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

I would question the claim that the game has been free a “couple of times” or hasn’t been marked down from $50 some odd dollars to $5.

@Sim_Architects I’m not trying to fight the fact that the game is popular lol. I’m just providing information on how us manipulative business people adjust numbers to create an impression of tremendous popularity/sales. Rly doesn’t need a condescending kissy face lmao.

That doesnt look like a kissy face emoji to me, we all interpret emojis differently. Trust me, i wasnt "kissing" at you. The emoji to me looks like someone whistling. Definitely try not to overly read so much into an emoji next time @popstarsley