Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone see the new icon leak?

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm here for all the Tolkien love. I would love Beren and Lúthien to be told in a movie. You could make a whole series out of The Silmarillion alone. But alas, Christopher Tolkien would never allow it.

Christopher Tolkien died in January, reported on the 16th Jan.2020.

This is going to be on Amazon Prime, hopefully in 2021

"Though ubiquitously called a Lord of the Rings series, it will cover a time-span of Middle-earth's history in the Second Age, long before the setting of Tolkien's popular trilogy. "

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Amazon's_Middle-earth_TV_series

I'm really looking forward to it, I hope they do justice to Tolkien's works. I confess I'm a little nervous to see how it will turn out. I'd rather it not be done at all than to be cheapened with the Hollywood style sensationalism that's in almost every show and movie these days. As long as they respect the original material and stay true to the soul of his stories, I'll be happy.

I, too, am a big fan and it's awesome to see so many other Simmers who love his works. ❤️

But I'm going off topic now. So, yeah, if the icon is Middle Earth related, maybe those orbs are the three Silmarils! Elves confirmed! 😆

I am iffy about this series...The movies were perfect (in my eyes)...we don't need anymore retellings or adaptations....Don't butcher my classic....but I digress lol
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    @NoTalent wrote: »
    I hope it is similar to Lunar Lakes/Into the Future. A future or a past pack. They said it was something that they have not done before, right? Perhaps past. The building looks slightly medieval and the mountain, too.

The mountain looks medieval? Interesting... :p

Definitely. There's no ski lifts on it. :lol:
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »
    It will not be Star Wars. Star Wars has murder and this game will not touch on that. I mean, you remove all the grit from Star Wars and it is awful.

Star Wars can very easily be done without ‘murder’. Apart from The Mandalorian, the vast majority of Star Wars film/tv content has not been all that gritty or dark. I mean yeah, they duel and shoot stormtroopers. But that can and has been presented in a light/humorous way before. See: LEGO Star Wars games. If they even felt the need to include the fighting aspect, The Sims would likely take the humorous route with it.
  • Options
    GinaW1169GinaW1169 Posts: 176 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    I see a mountain, a cabin with a woodburning stove pipe sticking out of the roof and snow as in three snowballs. This is that winter game pack
    That's what I thought too. With maybe a deer in there too
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    @NoTalent wrote: »
    I hope it is similar to Lunar Lakes/Into the Future. A future or a past pack. They said it was something that they have not done before, right? Perhaps past. The building looks slightly medieval and the mountain, too.

The mountain looks medieval? Interesting... :p

:D
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Interesting it got taken down. I admit I laughed seeing it was leaked because of Spark'd.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    > @NoTalent said:
    > It will not be Star Wars. Star Wars has murder and this game will not touch on that. I mean, you remove all the grit from Star Wars and it is awful.
    >
    > I hope it is similar to Lunar Lakes/Into the Future. A future or a past pack. They said it was something that they have not done before, right? Perhaps past. The building looks slightly medieval and the mountain, too.

That is true. Unfortunately it would be hard to have a lightsaber battle without lopping something off. Darn it! I wanna be a Jedi!

Something from the past? Oh, yes please, if it isn't outer space then a medieval pack would be wonderful. But only if we can build (Sims Medieval I am looking at you!) and horses, please.

Jedi scum! The Dark Side is all you need. I desire to force choke people. But, yes, a medieval pack would be huge, especially with off the grid traits, giving it a more realistic approach.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    if this is early box art ..the three circles could easily be filled in with insets of sims enjoying something from the pack...so lets say this was a ski lodge ...the three circles could be filled in with 1. a couple skiing ...2. a snowball fight...and 3. a hot chocolate stand ....i love all the guessing as to me trying to guess is half the fun ...i however am clueless what it could be ..something never done before ..someone pointed out that in the sims 3 some of the things we had were not in a pack but rather purchased from the store and that is very true...so then it could mean the other worldly planet theme could be just as could be a farm ..but that picture ..if it even is box art ...is not a farm.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I have been concentrating more on that light beaming, and then I saw this poster in game and thought mmmm what if ????

A0693QN.png
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    if this is early box art ..the three circles could easily be filled in with insets of sims enjoying something from the pack...so lets say this was a ski lodge ...the three circles could be filled in with 1. a couple skiing ...2. a snowball fight...and 3. a hot chocolate stand ....

I can assure you that this kind of detail won’t be added to the 3 ‘suns’. The icon displays are quite small, so their design needs to be as stylized as possible for the viewer to understand what they represent.
    The most detailed they could go is by turning them into snowflakes, if it was to be a winter holiday themed pack. Although I don’t believe it is. The mountain doesn’t look very comfortable to ski on. Its sides are pretty much at a 90 degrees angle. You’d fall right off. :#
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    if this is early box art ..the three circles could easily be filled in with insets of sims enjoying something from the pack...so lets say this was a ski lodge ...the three circles could be filled in with 1. a couple skiing ...2. a snowball fight...and 3. a hot chocolate stand ....

I can assure you that this kind of detail won’t be added to the 3 ‘suns’. The icon displays are quite small, so their design needs to be as stylized as possible for the viewer to understand what they represent.
    The most detailed they could go is by turning them into snowflakes, if it was to be a winter holiday themed pack. Although I don’t believe it is. The mountain doesn’t look very comfortable to ski on. Its sides are pretty much at a 90 degrees angle. You’d fall right off. :#

That must be the mountain for level 10 skiing. :lol:
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

That must be the mountain for level 10 skiing. :lol:

Well that makes sense. I take it all back. :p
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    The mo I saw it, I saw winter cabin, snow, and mountain.

If it’s a Star Wars thing, I commend EA for integrating their video game IP.

Happy for everyone who likes Star Wars, but there are a billion SW games for you already.

Let us have our Sims in peace in quiet.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If we are getting a type of Star Wars expansion it might mean that Maxis would have to do something about Sims' heights. How on earth could they get Chewbacca & Yoda in otherwise? :oB)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    The mo I saw it, I saw winter cabin, snow, and mountain.

If it’s a Star Wars thing, I commend EA for integrating their video game IP.

Happy for everyone who likes Star Wars, but there are a billion SW games for you already.

Let us have our Sims in peace in quiet.

There are already loads of star wars games out there, true. But as far as I know they revolve around fighting battles or completing missions. Not every star wars fan is into that kind of gameplay.
    If you can name a star wars game (or general scifi) where I can play families in space and tell stories about people futuristic lives (love, work, children, build their homes) please let me know so I can check it out.

Until I find a game like that forgive me for wishing a pack to play sims and not fight battles in a scifi or fantasy setting.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    What still gets me is the icon is using the reversed colour scheme. The other icons have white background with the colour as the symbol/icon .
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    What still gets me is the icon is using the reversed colour scheme. The other icons have white background with the colour as the symbol/icon .

Someone noticed that this reversed color scheme is the one used in the neighbourhood icons. So may it be that we're getting a pack with a world where one the neighbourhoods is this sw planet...? Which other neighbourhoods could be in such a world? May it mean that the pack is related to space but not entirely to sw...?
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Someone noticed that this reversed color scheme is the one used in the neighbourhood icons. So may it be that we're getting a pack with a world where one the neighbourhoods is this sw planet...? Which other neighbourhoods could be in such a world? May it mean that the pack is related to space but not entirely to sw...?

If it is SW maybe the devs got an increased budget and that made it possible to expand other areas - I'd love an improved Sixam neighbourhood. It would be really cool if Sixam could trade with the Batuu or maybe you could be a Sixam smuggler that sends high tech stuff to Batuu.

I don't think any of that would happen though, unfortunately.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member

I think it's just meant to be a fresh take on the icon design... A more experimental approach or something, to make it stand out amongst the other ones. I honestly can really see it being the definitive icon.
  • Options
    @Bearpal64 wrote: »

Simple answer to that: This one has a dark background because it represents the night sky, or ‘space’. White wouldn’t work as well, so inverting it is the only way to make that clear.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I've decided that I think it's the "Happy Haunts" game pack that has been requested.

My reasoning? I was watching one of Simmer Erin's videos and she mentioned something called "The Three Moons Initiative" that she learned about from another Simmer. The concept is that it's an ancient organization with the intent of building a human colony in the Afterlife. There is a civilization based on the human judgement process that results in rewards and punishments - I guess depending on how you were in life? I still don't fully understand it, but it's really interesting and I'm mad at myself for not hearing about this a long time ago.

So if I think about what an "Afterlife" world would look like, I think of shades of gray, or maybe the negative of reality. This would explain why the icon is reversed in colors - it represents the land of the dead. Perhaps there are literally three moons in this world. But this could also be how we could play out a job as the Grim Reaper, if there was indeed a completely separate realm, not unlike the magic realm but probably would function a little differently.

So...yeah. That's going to be my final guess. While the icon looks very much like the Star Wars one, it wouldn't surprise me if the devs used Star Wars' Batuu as inspiration for what the Afterlife world looked like. They would want it to look strange and alienish, yet still humanoid.

Boom. B) (Really hope I'm right because this would be frakking awesome.)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I've decided that I think it's the "Happy Haunts" game pack that has been requested.

My reasoning? I was watching one of Simmer Erin's videos and she mentioned something called "The Three Moons Initiative" that she learned about from another Simmer. The concept is that it's an ancient organization with the intent of building a human colony in the Afterlife. There is a civilization based on the human judgement process that results in rewards and punishments - I guess depending on how you were in life? I still don't fully understand it, but it's really interesting and I'm mad at myself for not hearing about this a long time ago.

I'd never heard about the Three Moons Initiative, so I looked it up. It's not a Sims thing; it's apparently from the SCP Foundation website, which is basically a story-based website that collects creepypasta under the conceit that they're a foundation that investigates the paranormal. I don't think that really makes sense as a clue--that they'd make a logo that looks almost identical to a different logo for Galaxy's Edge, a property which EA has some connection to, to reference a story on the SCP Foundation website, something which has no connection to EA, to promote an occult pack.

I could be wrong, but it seems way overcomplicated.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    kemowery wrote: »

I'd never heard about the Three Moons Initiative, so I looked it up. It's not a Sims thing; it's apparently from the SCP Foundation website, which is basically a story-based website that collects creepypasta under the conceit that they're a foundation that investigates the paranormal. I don't think that really makes sense as a clue--that they'd make a logo that looks almost identical to a different logo for Galaxy's Edge, a property which EA has some connection to, to reference a story on the SCP Foundation website, something which has no connection to EA, to promote an occult pack.

I could be wrong, but it seems way overcomplicated.

I mean, after they did StrangerVille, anything goes, right? Lol. That's the way I see it. I wouldn't expect it to already be a "Sims thing" because they've already said it's something never seen before. I try to look at it from a creative perspective. I know that they do research on various topics and themes and sometimes find some obscure things, like metal knitting, for example.

Also, something they've never done before is touched on an afterlife concept. The closest has been Ghost states, but once the Happy Haunts theme got presented as an idea, there were players talking about what they'd like to see if it became a game pack, and an afterlife or heaven or purgatory etc is something that was brought up. People were saying that it wouldn't be done because it would touch too closely on religious beliefs. But a fictional and very unique afterlife concept known only in certain groups is a safe way to incorporate that concept. And, as I said before, having a location inspired by a beloved franchise like Star Wars (of which SimGuru Ninja, the lead producer, is known to be a huge fan,) actually makes a lot of sense to me. It's a very "think outside the box" abstract idea.

If I were on the dev team, it's totally a concept I would run with because it's so different and really fun to think about.

I definitely could be waaay off though, lol. So we'll just have to wait and see.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I truly hope all the speculation about this being a Star Wars pack are 100% WRONG! :s A franchise related pack is the LAST thing EA needs to be experimenting with right now! This is NOT the time to be making packs revolving around other franchises... especially when their last few packs have been quite disappointing as it is!

Into The Future was my absolute LEAST favorite expansion pack in Sims 3, so a Star Wars pack would just be much worse! We've already gotten Star Wars content in Sims 4 from patches... that's one thing, but creating an entire DLC for it is going way too far! This would be extremely disappointing and would make me lose even more faith in The Sims 4... this franchise is going downhill faster and faster... sooner or later, they're gonna experience a huge CRASH!

I just find it amazing how Sims fans are demanding farming, amusement parks, etc... and EA just sits there giving us things we're not even asking for! It's laughable... especially when they're just so purposely oblivious.

That’s how some occult players feel.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    I truly hope all the speculation about this being a Star Wars pack are 100% WRONG! :s A franchise related pack is the LAST thing EA needs to be experimenting with right now! This is NOT the time to be making packs revolving around other franchises... especially when their last few packs have been quite disappointing as it is!

Into The Future was my absolute LEAST favorite expansion pack in Sims 3, so a Star Wars pack would just be much worse! We've already gotten Star Wars content in Sims 4 from patches... that's one thing, but creating an entire DLC for it is going way too far! This would be extremely disappointing and would make me lose even more faith in The Sims 4... this franchise is going downhill faster and faster... sooner or later, they're gonna experience a huge CRASH!

I just find it amazing how Sims fans are demanding farming, amusement parks, etc... and EA just sits there giving us things we're not even asking for! It's laughable... especially when they're just so purposely oblivious.

That’s how some occult players feel.

and any player that likes drama or danger
    more for sim kids and more drama please