Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone see the new icon leak?

Comments

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2020
    I truly hope all the speculation about this being a Star Wars pack are 100% WRONG! :s A franchise related pack is the LAST thing EA needs to be experimenting with right now! This is NOT the time to be making packs revolving around other franchises... especially when their last few packs have been quite disappointing as it is!

Into The Future was my absolute LEAST favorite expansion pack in Sims 3, so a Star Wars pack would just be much worse! We've already gotten Star Wars content in Sims 4 from patches... that's one thing, but creating an entire DLC for it is going way too far! This would be extremely disappointing and would make me lose even more faith in The Sims 4... this franchise is going downhill faster and faster... sooner or later, they're gonna experience a huge CRASH!

I just find it amazing how Sims fans are demanding farming, amusement parks, etc... and EA just sits there giving us things we're not even asking for! It's laughable... especially when they're just so purposely oblivious.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I truly hope all the speculation about this being a Star Wars pack are 100% WRONG! :s A franchise related pack is the LAST thing EA needs to be experimenting with right now! This is NOT the time to be making packs revolving around other franchises... especially when their last few packs have been quite disappointing as it is!

Into The Future was my absolute LEAST favorite expansion pack in Sims 3, so a Star Wars pack would just be much worse! We've already gotten Star Wars content in Sims 4 from patches... that's one thing, but creating an entire DLC for it is going way too far! This would be extremely disappointing and would make me lose even more faith in The Sims 4... this franchise is going downhill faster and faster... sooner or later, they're gonna experience a huge CRASH!

I just find it amazing how Sims fans are demanding farming, amusement parks, etc... and EA just sits there giving us things we're not even asking for! It's laughable... especially when they're just so purposely oblivious.

I wouldn't dare ask for a Star Wars pack.

But I want it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think this might actually be the first pack I will have no interest in buying. I so hope it's not futuristic or space themed.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member

Well I've never asked, nor will I ever ask, for a farming pack. I'd still be excited to get more content if we did, but it's at the bottom of my list, whereas anything sci-fi sits very high at the top. The amusement park idea sounds more interesting, but I it's still not something that I want more than, say, resorts and music bands.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »
    While I doubt it, I think it would be cool if it was a Lovecraftian themed pack. This would fit the "star wars"/Atlantis looking icon and let's be honest who doesn't want cute Lovecraftian monsters affecting our sims moodlets.

Plus a tentacle monster life aspects for occult sims in CAS would be pretty cool.

Just saying...

Ohhhh yes. This is something I want deep in the pit of my little dark soul. I yearn for the mighty tentacular ancient Gods to come forth, called by their loyal cultists, to invade the dreams of the innocent... To reach a pulsating palpus to grasp the hapless hordes of moist meat bags who never knock and who make woeful wardrobe choices .... Yes..... Yeeeeesssss.....
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’d rather have tractor beams than tractors. :D
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

95f32f21a602be6e7228ed1e3aa99987.gif
    I'm so sorry LOL!
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think it's Star Wars themed

Me too I wouldn't mind tbh

I haven't seen the movies, so I have no idea if it's something I'd like or not haha! I'll have to see what it's all about and decide if it is one I want to get or not at that point... if I'm even correct about the theme. Depends what's included I guess. It's not my normal game play style, I play more realistic large families, but I DO love a lot of sci-fi/fantasy shows on tv and one of my family members is a total conspiracy theorist/geeky/techy type so I think there would be at least some CAS/Build stuff that would be cool to have. I THINK it could have something for me in it, but if not, oh well, I don't mind when packs I don't like come out either cuz I just save some money and wait for the next one haha! But obviously it's a lot more fun when ones I do like come out and I think this could be one of them lol!

I recommend all the old ones and prequels but not the 3 new ones Disney made.

Ty! I have Disney Plus and I think they are all on there so I need to watch them one day haha! If the pack ends up being SW theme maybe I"ll have to watch first and see how much I like the movies when deciding whether to buy or not lol! My fav movies are Lord of the Rings and I hear a lot of fans of those like SW too, and my fav tv show is very sci-fi as welll (Primeval) so I wouldn't be surprised if I enjoy the SW movies too. It's just that I probably sit down and watch tv/movies maybe once or twice a year so the thought of sitting down to like 6 LONG movies all at once seems a bit overwhelming hahaha!

Big LOTR fan here <3

It's the best haha!!! I love the movies and loved the books years before the movies came out (Including things like Silmarilion, Unfinished Tales, etc) :) Middle-Earth is such an amazing world haha! But I know we can't ever get a Middle Earth Sims pack sadly hahaha!

Yes! I want a movie/series about The Fall of Númenor so so so much! I want everything Middle Earth.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Monday wrote: »
    I think it's Star Wars themed

Me too I wouldn't mind tbh

I haven't seen the movies, so I have no idea if it's something I'd like or not haha! I'll have to see what it's all about and decide if it is one I want to get or not at that point... if I'm even correct about the theme. Depends what's included I guess. It's not my normal game play style, I play more realistic large families, but I DO love a lot of sci-fi/fantasy shows on tv and one of my family members is a total conspiracy theorist/geeky/techy type so I think there would be at least some CAS/Build stuff that would be cool to have. I THINK it could have something for me in it, but if not, oh well, I don't mind when packs I don't like come out either cuz I just save some money and wait for the next one haha! But obviously it's a lot more fun when ones I do like come out and I think this could be one of them lol!

I recommend all the old ones and prequels but not the 3 new ones Disney made.

Ty! I have Disney Plus and I think they are all on there so I need to watch them one day haha! If the pack ends up being SW theme maybe I"ll have to watch first and see how much I like the movies when deciding whether to buy or not lol! My fav movies are Lord of the Rings and I hear a lot of fans of those like SW too, and my fav tv show is very sci-fi as welll (Primeval) so I wouldn't be surprised if I enjoy the SW movies too. It's just that I probably sit down and watch tv/movies maybe once or twice a year so the thought of sitting down to like 6 LONG movies all at once seems a bit overwhelming hahaha!

Big LOTR fan here <3

It's the best haha!!! I love the movies and loved the books years before the movies came out (Including things like Silmarilion, Unfinished Tales, etc) :) Middle-Earth is such an amazing world haha! But I know we can't ever get a Middle Earth Sims pack sadly hahaha!

Yes! I want a movie/series about The Fall of Númenor so so so much! I want everything Middle Earth.

Same haha I would love this soooo much, but I kinda think it's not gonna happen unfortunately. I do know one thing, I homeschool my kid and when she's old enough we are totally doing several Tolkien studies hahaha!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I wouldn't dare ask for a Star Wars pack.

But I want it.

Lmbo this is me 😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm here for all the Tolkien love. I would love Beren and Lúthien to be told in a movie. You could make a whole series out of The Silmarillion alone. But alas, Christopher Tolkien would never allow it.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    I really hope its not star wars pack. Unless it comes with a ton of new interactions and gameplay, i will not be buying this lol. Now a vacation pack is what i'd like to see.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I just had a wacky idea.
    What if the icon is a Sim version to Stargate SG1?
    I remember an episode wear the team went to a planet with three suns.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm here for all the Tolkien love. I would love Beren and Lúthien to be told in a movie. You could make a whole series out of The Silmarillion alone. But alas, Christopher Tolkien would never allow it.

Yes, haha! A silmarillion series, done properly, would be amazing! *Sigh* we can always dream.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    When I look at the icon, I get a Subnautica feel. The round circles are air bubbles, the home is an underwater base. This icon has been recreated, but in the original, the "mountain" made me think of a shark. This icon's background is a darker blue than all other game packs, and there's a light blue streak, which looks like a ray of sunlight.

They said they were doing a game pack unlike any they've done so far. An underwater world would definitely be very different. If I was to take a wild guess, I'd say they're expanding on mermaids.

I would be just as happy with an underwater base than I would with a base in outer space. :smiley:

Into the future was my favourite in sims 3. It is the main reason why sims 3 is still installed on my computer. And I am so thrilled about the possibility of a scifi pack... I hope we get confirmation on the theme of the pack soon. There are definitely simmers interested in this (I will make no claims as to whether we are the majority or not) . I would consider paying full price for scifi content in the sims (given it has decent gameplay) but I don't know if I would ever buy a farming pack at all, not after the bugs and intrusive gameplay (N.A.P.) we had with EL.

I suppose this shows yet again how diverse the sims community is. There is no pack that will satisfy all.

Well said. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > I just had a wacky idea.
    > What if the icon is a Sim version to Stargate SG1?
    > I remember an episode wear the team went to a planet with three suns.

Wow, my heart just went pitter-patter. The thought of my sim falling in luuuve with Daniel Jackson...sigh. Especially if I could also flirt with jack and Teal'c, and have Sam as best friend...and let's not forget Cameron and Vala. Oh well. No, if it was Stargate, there'd be a ring in the icon, surely. It would be difficult too, because we'd all expect to explore a lot of different worlds. But oh, what a thought. (Yes I know I can create my own SG-1 team, but an "official" one with multi-world adventuring and goofy Sims shenanigans would be more fun)
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    It will not be Star Wars. Star Wars has murder and this game will not touch on that. I mean, you remove all the grit from Star Wars and it is awful.

I hope it is similar to Lunar Lakes/Into the Future. A future or a past pack. They said it was something that they have not done before, right? Perhaps past. The building looks slightly medieval and the mountain, too.
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    When I saw the small icon, I was sure it was mountains and snow, but now that I’ve seen it zoomed in I’m almost positive it is space related. It’d be neat for my current family, since I have a half-alien sim currently. Maybe she’ll get the chance to visit her homeland! I’ve always enjoyed the alien aspect of the game. I would buy a game pack that took us to a planet where alien life existed.
  • Options
    > @LiELF said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Ohhhh yes. This is something I want deep in the pit of my little dark soul. I yearn for the mighty tentacular ancient Gods to come forth, called by their loyal cultists, to invade the dreams of the innocent... To reach a pulsating palpus to grasp the hapless hordes of moist meat bags who never knock and who make woeful wardrobe choices .... Yes..... Yeeeeesssss.....

That idea is um...eek. You just scared the heebeejeebies out of me. :#
  • Options
    > @NoTalent said:
    > It will not be Star Wars. Star Wars has murder and this game will not touch on that. I mean, you remove all the grit from Star Wars and it is awful.
    >
    > I hope it is similar to Lunar Lakes/Into the Future. A future or a past pack. They said it was something that they have not done before, right? Perhaps past. The building looks slightly medieval and the mountain, too.

That is true. Unfortunately it would be hard to have a lightsaber battle without lopping something off. Darn it! I wanna be a Jedi!

Something from the past? Oh, yes please, if it isn't outer space then a medieval pack would be wonderful. But only if we can build (Sims Medieval I am looking at you!) and horses, please.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »
    It will not be Star Wars. Star Wars has murder and this game will not touch on that. I mean, you remove all the grit from Star Wars and it is awful.

I hope it is similar to Lunar Lakes/Into the Future. A future or a past pack. They said it was something that they have not done before, right? Perhaps past. The building looks slightly medieval and the mountain, too.

Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels are both kid's shows
    The typical rating of a Star Wars movie in the US is PG - Parental Guidance Suggested, which means a 12 year old can go see it with their friends without an adult (Unless the theater has rules otherwise)
    The other Star Wars games produced by EA are all rated T in the US
    If they're doing what I think they're doing, it will be based on an actual Disney Park where kids go and can get involved in storylines helping the Resistance. (or the First Order, if so inclined.)

The Sims already has death, he even comes for a visit in person.

Death/killing alone also does not make "grit" Just need the perceived threat of some sort of danger.

Adding Star Wars to the game is not going to affect anything, rating wise. And the game could use use some grit.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2020

Christopher Tolkien died in January, reported on the 16th Jan.2020.

This is going to be on Amazon Prime, hopefully in 2021

"Though ubiquitously called a Lord of the Rings series, it will cover a time-span of Middle-earth's history in the Second Age, long before the setting of Tolkien's popular trilogy. "

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Amazon's_Middle-earth_TV_series
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @NoTalent wrote: »

The mountain looks medieval? Interesting... :p
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Christopher Tolkien died in January, reported on the 16th Jan.2020.

This is going to be on Amazon Prime, hopefully in 2021

"Though ubiquitously called a Lord of the Rings series, it will cover a time-span of Middle-earth's history in the Second Age, long before the setting of Tolkien's popular trilogy. "

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Amazon's_Middle-earth_TV_series

I'm really looking forward to it, I hope they do justice to Tolkien's works. I confess I'm a little nervous to see how it will turn out. I'd rather it not be done at all than to be cheapened with the Hollywood style sensationalism that's in almost every show and movie these days. As long as they respect the original material and stay true to the soul of his stories, I'll be happy.

I, too, am a big fan and it's awesome to see so many other Simmers who love his works. ❤️

But I'm going off topic now. So, yeah, if the icon is Middle Earth related, maybe those orbs are the three Silmarils! Elves confirmed! 😆

#Team Occult