Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim expired for no reason!

My sim had eaten breakfast then a few hours later he was starving to death and suddenly he became this tombstone. He had just achieved his lifetime wish, gotten married and his wife is pregnant. Should I quit the game without saving or should I get his wife to bring him back to life by ambrosia? (currently she has ZERO cooking/fishing/gardening skills). Also, has anyone else had this glitch before?

Comments

• Options
    AwgustAwgust Posts: 1,222 New Member
    edited February 2011
    bring him back a ghost ;P thats always fun
  • Options
    ChiodosMurderChiodosMurder Posts: 287 New Member
    edited February 2011
    You could either bring him back as a ghost or just don't save. It would take a LONG time to bring him back with ambrosia if she has none of the right skills.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited February 2011
    You could either bring him back as a ghost or just don't save. It would take a LONG time to bring him back with ambrosia if she has none of the right skills.

Not if you're a vampire, or even better, a vampire kid.
  • Options
    GothicViperGothicViper Posts: 722 New Member
    edited February 2011
    wait... dead sims can be raised from the dead by using ambrosia?!?!
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited February 2011

I didnt even know that myself!
  • Options
    DrapesDrapes Posts: 2,794 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Don't you have to use the Oh My Ghost opportunity first?
  • Options
    GothicViperGothicViper Posts: 722 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Just looked it up on the sims 3 wiki

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Ambrosia
    Ambrosia also has a more well known effect that only applies to Ghosts. When they eat it, it resurrects them, turning them back into a normal Sim at the age stage they were at at the time of death. This effect DOES apply to the ghost offsprings, even though they were never killed. The Sim acquires the Divine Meal Moodlet, floats in the air, and a note is given stating that the Sim has been "Resurrected" as they return to their original coloring.

SWEET!! i never knew that :D

EDIT: @Drapes.. oh you mean as in to have a ghost added to your family via the lab? yeh i think so.. dont think a random ghost can walk into your kitchen and eat it.. would have to be instructed.. well thats what makes sense to me anyway.. whether its the case or not.. who knows!! XD
  • Options
    AlyssaLeexoAlyssaLeexo Posts: 260
    edited February 2011

I didnt even know that myself!
    Me either :shock:
    But now that I do, I'm very happy, lol :lol:
  • Options
    PLSTRONGPLSTRONG Posts: 249 Member
    edited February 2011
    I used to as an experiment make ambrosia, take it to the graveyard at night when all the ghosts was out then place the plate on the ground and one of the ghosts would come along and eat it then change back into sim form take off in a taxi and just disappear. Had been hoping that I would have been able to play them but no they just disappeared. Before giving the ghost ambrosia if you plan to do it that way make sure you get to the stage where you can invite to move in and he is a playable ghost otherwise he could just go off after giving him ambrosia.
  • Options
    SGT_SmashSGT_Smash Posts: 1 New Member
    if you become friends with the Sim before they eat the Ambrosia, you can actually invite them to come to your house.
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    asa144 wrote: »
    My sim had eaten breakfast then a few hours later he was starving to death and suddenly he became this tombstone. He had just achieved his lifetime wish, gotten married and his wife is pregnant. Should I quit the game without saving or should I get his wife to bring him back to life by ambrosia? (currently she has ZERO cooking/fishing/gardening skills). Also, has anyone else had this glitch before?

was he ill or in an accident?
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    SGT_Smash wrote: »
    if you become friends with the Sim before they eat the Ambrosia, you can actually invite them to come to your house.

This thread is 9 years old..
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    And it almost always new members who necropost. Can't really blame them. It takes a while to get used to a forum and all its rules. :blush:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Cororon wrote: »
    And it almost always new members who necropost. Can't really blame them. It takes a while to get used to a forum and all its rules. :blush:

They sure can take a bit of time to get used to. I'll take this opportunity to link our Necroposting FAQ/Guide . If in doubt, this should help answer those questions. :smile:

I'll close out this thread from here.

Thanks all,

EA_Lanna
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top