Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What defines "Major First" for you?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Just hope what ever the major first is its not like the point system in 3 I hated it
    Sports I believe is a first where you start out as a child playing baseball hockey football etc with your friends, then in high school on its team move on with a scholarship where you play at university then get drafted to play on a farm team then the professionals or maybe straight out of high school I don't think as a theme this has ever been done
    Another theme I believe is time travel unless missed a pack or was done in medieval
    As for game play or game element can't think of anything that was not done
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    A theme, that has never been done before in an official Sims pack (from Livin' Large to Eco Lifestyle).
    I do not count Store content (Sims 3), so it could possibly be farming, amusement park, an Italy inspired vacation world...
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited July 2020
    Cemirror wrote: »
    It's very possible the Game Pack will be Superheroes, though since they said they didn't want burglars, I'm confused as to why Superheroes would be necessary. Without crime, there can't be Superheroes after all. It's possible they've changed their minds on this, though.

Tbh - that and a space pack will be the first packs I won't buy in the series. But plum like this probably comes with bunk beds or anything other I really want to have.

But well, there are modded bunk beds around and at some point, they will come to other packs (like bikes came to DU and EL). So no superheroes and space packs for me, even if they come with bunk beds.

I just want mundane life, nothing like this.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Would open schools be a major first? I don’t think we have ever had open school for kids or teens. I am not that interested in it but some are.

I hope we will get some new family gameplay! We had so many YA random stuff since Parenthood and the toddler stuff pack... We really need new family gameplay packs.

So I'd be really into that. And updated babies, of course, but I doubt they come this year (but I do believe they will come at some point).
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited July 2020
    What if it was an inappropriate pack for younger people
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    What if it was an inappropriate pack for younger people

I doubt they'd go as far as a rated M (or whatever the equivalent 17+ pack ratings are in other systems), but a pack that's aimed more at the upper end of "Teen" rather than the lower end could be possible. However, I don't think that would count as "never been done before" since, as I understand it, that's how the older games were.

I mean, I can see the appeal of an M rated pack, but they put enough emphasis on trying to stay Teen that I don't think it will happen.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well it will have to be something completely different I guess! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    To me, a major first would mean something never done in any pack since TS1. That could include a new theme and a new game play system and if it's "major" then I would hope it would be both.
    Origin ID: Peapod79