Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some content for older players maybe?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2020
    Really don't want blur removal or 'real anatomy' in my game, just like I don't want to see my sims woohoo. So yeah no thanks to that.

But I definitely would like more gameplay. A chemistry system would be great, more romance options and maybe more 'bad' things like burglars.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I’m an adult Simmer too but I wouldn’t necessarily want a pack specifically just for that. I guess I’m also fine with the game as it is—scandalous enough for the pastor to shun but wholesome enough to play in the family room. After all, I mod it to my liking if I wanted it to be more mature. That being said, I do agree with what most others have said. Burglars among other misfortunes should not have to be removed in this iteration. Oh and some more slapstick comedy and innuendos would be very much appreciated. For everything else I’ll go to the modding community.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    On the humor and the chemistry side yes, the game still needs that back in my opinion, because that would make relationships and sim-characters much more interesting - on the "realistic anatomy" part, and "adult content" hell no. I don't need to see that in a game.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited July 2020
    Older player here (34, playing since TS1).
    I don't necessarily need mature content, but I do want more meaningful gameplay. I was thrilled that Eco Lifestyle was adding in pollution--finally! Some actual consequences for our games! But then it turned out it was all completely superficial.

Right now I'm modding in some consequences to the different Eco Footprints, but I shouldn't have to. What is the point of an Industrial footprint that doesn't do anything? What's the point of voting for NAPs when they don't DO anything?

I want gameplay that DOES SOMETHING, dang it.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2020
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I am well into my 50's and all I want is marriage fidelity in the game. The whole romance system needs an overhaul. It's hard to keep marriages intact. IMO The Sims 4 game mechanics are too loose for a committed marriage. I don't always play the same way either. Sometimes the infidelity brings details into the story. Other times it ruins it for me. I have modded my game so marriages stay in tact but infidelity still happens. Just tired of disposable marriage vows so I rarely play married Sims in the game. I understand that times are changing and marriage is going by the wayside for some but I still would like to play with some family values and ethics sometimes. I feel like the game mechanics force things on me that ruins my immersion and the story I am playing. I guess that's why it's so easy to exit to the main menu without saving. lol

I'd like to see something like a Faithful trait -- it could be a reward trait or a purchasable trait. Sims with the Faithful trait will not autonomously perform Romantic socials with anyone other than their spouse, and will have a negative reaction to any Sim that tries to perform Romantic socials with them, including a hit to the friendly relationship level.

There is a custom Faithful trait in case you use mods.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    On the humor and the chemistry side yes, the game still needs that back in my opinion, because that would make relationships and sim-characters much more interesting - on the "realistic anatomy" part, and "adult content" hell no. I don't need to see that in a game.

Agreed. There's realism for the sake of realism, which is completely unnecessary in my opinion, and there's adding depth in a way that will appeal to more mature players, which is a good idea.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited July 2020
    Well, I’m 52 and retired due to health reasons. While I too want more content for adults, I don’t want “adult” content.

How about getting laid off or fired? Sims that get sick or go into a coma, then waiting to see if they come out of it or die? What about bodily injury or loss of limb and mobility? What about a job market that competes for your sims attention, offering a much higher salary if they switch jobs? Introduce banks, loans, and mortgages? Oops, you missed too many payments and got evicted!

There are so many things that would make it more interesting than removing a blur.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    Well, I’m 52 and retired due to health reasons. While I too want more content for adults, I don’t want “adult” content.

How about getting laid off or fired? Sims that get sick or go into a coma, then waiting to see if they come out of it or die? What about bodily injury or loss of limb and mobility? What about a job market that competes for your sims attention, offering a much higher salary if they switch jobs? Introduce banks, loans, and mortgages? Oops, you missed too many payments and got evicted!

There are so many things that would make it more interesting than removing a blur.

My sim got fired. It came from a chance-card so I saw it coming but it was great :smile:
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I had a sim get fired. She was in the diving career and would come home exhausted when she worked hard, so I started having her just socialize with coworkers. Apparently, that was enough for her to lose her job. I wasn't using mods at the time.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I'm an older player myself and while I would like to see more gameplay targeted toward us older players, I can live without real anatomy or nudity in my sims game.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    I'm not sure what go-go clubs and jokes from previous games are referenced in the post, but overall: I'm older than 18, but I don't want anything that couldn't be safe for 14 year olds. I think I would find it really unpleasant to have my sims take a pee without blur. However, I don't see depth overall and in romantic relationships as something 18+, I would welcome them.
    (To be honest, there are already some stuff that I'd rather be without. Like all this naked traits or teen woohoo.)
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Surely EA has some data on the players demographics. I am curious if the the majority of players are indeed under 25?
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sorry GalacticGal, I'm definitely the oldest here, 71 to be exact and yes, I have adult mods because I'm not a teen or even adult. It makes life more realistic. I don't need 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in my game and believe me, it's out there...eww. I like the game fine, but I'm one that doesn't need the blur. :D

Never could understand why the blur occurs when sims sit to pee...they're still in their clothes, there's nothing to see but clothes, lol.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I remember back in TS2 days I showed the game to my grown sister who had small children. I was encouraging her to try hot tub woo hoo and she was ready to walk away from the game because she was so disgusted. Of course, after seeing the scandalous activity she said "oh, that was sweet".

Considering we've had cake dancers, meteorite kills and people experimenting on other people (the Beakers and poor Nervous) in the past, TS4 seems a lot tamer by comparison.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I am well into my 50's and all I want is marriage fidelity in the game. The whole romance system needs an overhaul. It's hard to keep marriages intact. IMO The Sims 4 game mechanics are too loose for a committed marriage. I don't always play the same way either. Sometimes the infidelity brings details into the story. Other times it ruins it for me. I have modded my game so marriages stay in tact but infidelity still happens. Just tired of disposable marriage vows so I rarely play married Sims in the game. I understand that times are changing and marriage is going by the wayside for some but I still would like to play with some family values and ethics sometimes. I feel like the game mechanics force things on me that ruins my immersion and the story I am playing. I guess that's why it's so easy to exit to the main menu without saving. lol

I'd like to see something like a Faithful trait -- it could be a reward trait or a purchasable trait. Sims with the Faithful trait will not autonomously perform Romantic socials with anyone other than their spouse, and will have a negative reaction to any Sim that tries to perform Romantic socials with them, including a hit to the friendly relationship level.

There is a custom Faithful trait in case you use mods.

I'm trying to cut back on mods -- currently only running MCCC and UI Cheats Extension.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ShaytanShaytan Posts: 11 New Member
    C'mon... OP speaks about more mature content *like in the older titles*, what most can think of is not having blurred out Sims... At least in Sims 1, the only way you could do that was through a glitch and there was nothing so special about it, I don't think OP's idea was around any of that either, or at least as someone in the same age range, that's by far not what comes to mind.

The first Sims release was quite notable in that regard, from the odd guinea pig disease that gave such an unexpected, adorable pet a dark twist, the more mature and macabre approach to the magic world (fair to say it was a time where everything magical didn't have to resemble Harry Potter) to the whole dark humor left for the player to pick up (won't we discuss the nature of the whole graveyard in the first representation of the Goths' family tree in the garden, how Sims could be physically repulsed after some subpar wohoo and so on and so forth).

I don't think this was the only franshise to suffer from that whole removal of darker topics and dark humor, perhaps as the gaming scene as a whole became massively more popular and mainstream, so did developers tried to make their games more appealing to a wider variety of players. While I don't think it would be an expansion to change the way the entire game is designed and built upon, it would be interesting to be kept in mind for an hypothetical, future release.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited July 2020
    I would like a more mature version of the sims, s4 isnt really a teen rated game in my opinion but actually e10 posing as t rated game. I want a mix of goofiness and maturity, when my sims fight, argue, breakup, I want to see them reacte in certain ways lined up with their traits, reactions that dont feel like I'm watching 2 kids on a playground sticking their tongues out at each other.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2020
    I am not in that age range, but yes humor is very lacking. I would love to see some teen rated humor again instead of just the baby jokes. Sims 4 mosaic is the most PC covered up mosaic we have ever gotten in the franchise. It is almost as if they are trying to hide all the Sims' faces with it to cover their interactions or something. Same with the woohoo interactions, a lot of it is like ghost woohoo in which the Sim just disappears. I feel like the Sims 4 is playing it too safe with everything so not to offend only the suburbian crowd while the game continues to neglect all its other Sims players with lack of representation beyond just reality stars. There is only so much kindergarten humor and reality star acting in the game I can take. The base game needs a lot of help and I doubt Simmers would pay for basic things to make the game feel more teen rated. I am ok with the blur, I just hate how PC it is now covering the entire Sim with the females especially, it needs to be edited without the help of mods.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    I miss burglars. You know what I wanted? Attack dogs! The ability to train guard dogs to protect your house. I didn't want it to be gruesome or to result in death but to be just like the fights that Sims have among each other. I reallllly wanted to be able to sicc dogs on the paparazzi in Sims3! LOL I thought it was cool that they loosened up the insane nonsense of jealousy and how somehow your Sim would magically just know their partner had cheated on them that was so prevalent in Sims3 as well. But as usual it seems they've gone too far. Fidelity should definitely be a trait.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top