Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    @ADWilson read and left you some love <3
    @seaben Thank you for sharing your story with us, super wonderful catching up with your Ella. <3
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    seaben wrote: »
    i usually play in sunset valley but ive been playing the challenge in river view ive never seen deer in my game does the sims 3 have raccoons or just the sims 2

The Sims 3 does have raccoons. Most of the wildlife comes with the Pets expansion, but I think we might have had raccoons from the beginning?Not sure. You definitely had one knock over that garbage can, I think, unless it was some unpleasant passerby.

The critters can be turned off in the options. Maybe you turned them off at some point? They can make the game laggy on some computers, so turning them off is often recommended. I leave mine on, though, so I'm not sure just what gets switched off and what still shows up sometimes. (In other words, I don't really know what I'm talking about. LOL)

I'm enjoying your story. Your poor Ella looks so tired standing there at the end by that pile of garbage. I hope things improve for her soon, and I think they will.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    She has 84 simleons from day 9 and 10s harvest plus 5 from Larry that I have to put to the bills so I think soon I can get her a sleeping bag shes been sleeping in the rain and I don't think I've disabled random animals because I'm almost sure there's raccoons in my game but I will double check if I play today
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    As promised, I'm here with a write-up on my game play with Ella.

A little introduction:

Since I got started after several of you were already playing Ella, I decided to give mine a bit of a not-base-game makeover (clothes and hair) to differentiate her. She's exactly the same sim, lovely either way, and nothing else about her - like traits or lifetime wish, etc. - were changed.

I was trying to do a short write-up (I failed, of course :D:#o:) ) so I didn't elaborate on anything you all already know about the challenge or Ella's backstory. I'm only sharing the link here, so anyone who reads about it should already have any needed background. I think now I should have divided it up into sections, but I didn't.

I think I already mentioned before that I placed her lot in My Sim Realty's new world, Saffron Bay. It was fun checking it all out with Ella, not knowing where everything would be or even what all would be included. I tried to include some pictures of places she went. In case it means anything to anyone, I placed her lot where the the supernatural hangout was located because I didn't think I'd need it for this game and becaue it was located at the end of a road in a country area. The hangout used a 20x20 lot, so I had to bulldoze it and replace with a 20x30.

There may be a populated file save for the world, but I didn't use it, so there weren't a lot of sims around to start with. My sims aren't usually too social with the typical EA generated sims (I tend to not like them), so I wasn't uncomfortable with the low level of social possibilities.

One other thing I want you to know: When beginning a new game in a new-to-me unpopulated world, I usually begin by placing some sim from my bin into the world and then look things over and add/change whatever I think I'll need. Since I didn't know where to put Ella and her lot yet, this time I placed in a male sim based on one of @romagi1's sims, Blake Hopkins, here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9215663 . He was saved as I had renamed and redone him for a rural farming/ranching game I was playing, but he's her very handsome sim physically, maybe a little less muscular. Now, he's Jon Greene and he's a writer with an interest in gardening instead of an athlete. I only mention him now because, as fate would have it, he and Ella almost immediately met online and have really hit it off, so he had to stay as part of the game and you'll be seeing a lot of him.

So, finally, here's what's been happening with Ella in my game: https://imgur.com/a/9KX1hHL

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @BreeMiles Poor Chad! Better that he found out about Julienne now, I suppose. He's built himself quite a nice, large house.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Wow I'm shoked how well Ella did in your game @suzses
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yay more stories to read!

@suzses - I LOVED your story and the house you built! Yay for happy endings!
    @BreeMiles - Drama! What will happen next?

You all are making me want to play again! (I'm thinking of a Johnny Appleseed take next time for me. For now, I'm playing an asylum challenge.)
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Loved seeing your Ella in action @suzses :)
    She and Jon are perfect for one another! Enjoyed seeing the town and cute home as she went about her day-to-day.
    Thanks for sharing <3
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Two days where I've been too busy to get onto the Sims and I come back and find lots of stories to read! How good is that?
    @ADWilson Loved Ella's progress, and her home too. Really liked the kitchen chairs - they were fun done differing tones like that.
    @seaben Your Ella is coming along nicely, in a determined female sort of way. Go, girl!
    @BreeMiles Nooo! Poor Chad! :'( That twist took me totally by surprise.
    @suzses I really enjoyed your take on Ella's story as well, and that world is lovely too.
    This is definitely a really good start to the day :D Guess I better go and get on with something else now...
  • Options
    Docusat wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks to you all. I've enjoyed the one tomato stories very much, looks like a very fun challenge

Thanks for saying so! I think they've all been great too :D:D:D Who doesn't love free stories?
  • Options
    During Week 8, more changes happen to Ella’s life and her home.

Sneak Peek of one of the changes that took place:
    w8pic13.jpg

But wait, there's more!

During the gift exchange event, I wrote something about the Buddy gift arriving later.
    Part of that gift is now ready.
    Hope it was worth the wait @BreeMiles @ciane @GraceyManor @Hidehi @LMC6255 @SamelaRita @seaben !

w8pic12.jpg
    Download Link: Tomato tomahto

No CAP, CC or CFE
    Some MOO used
    No store content
    Fully play-tested and custard clean
    Stove is fireproof, sprinklers are auto-water and everything else is unbreakable

The rest of the story will be coming soon along with the link to the household (other part of the gift).
  • Options
    @ADWilson I love the children's bathroom! It's so fun and cheerful :D I need to up my own bathroom game - they never normally get past functional!
  • Options
    Yay, another chapter! The home looks nice Addy. I love the symmetry and the pretty turquoise throughout! Ella and Hugh look like they have a good life stretching out in front of them.
  • Options
    @ADWilson I love the home you made for Ella its beautiful and lovely and very well worth the wait, thank you for sharing with us.
    @SamelaRita really it took me by surprise also, I was dumbfounded to find out she had done Chad this way, broke my heart and I know its only a game but I really had my heart set on her and Chad being an item and growing old together..

Thank you all for stopping by and reading, it warms my heart.. Much love and many hugs everyone.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @ADWilson Loved getting to see more of Ella's house and so great of you to share it on the exchange! Love the master suite, and especially the lush bath. Goes well with the alien lights. :D I hope Ella and Hugh have a great life together.

@BreeMiles Aww, I'm sorry your heart was broken along with Chad's. He deserves to have a happily ever after coming up.

Thanks everyone for checking out my Ella story and for your nice comments. I've been continuing to work on the house and may post a few pictures here later, although I'm considering the challenge itself finished. I couldn't have her ask Jon to move in before they got married since they already had a romantic relationship, but I wanted to because as a self-employed writer he kept running off early each evening to work. Silly sims. So, I used MasterController and added him to the household after their dinner at her house. Usually, when I've done that, the added sim comes in with around the same amount they would if asked to move in (like a few thousand), but Jon came with something over $20,000. Game must have thought Ella had suffered enough. :D I was really enjoying adding to the house bit by bit (well it was getting to be large chunks instead of bits, but still . . .) so I let them buy a one-space wall tv for above the bookcase and then reserved the rest as not to be touched for now (around $19,000) and am just continuing to work on the house and pay the bills with Ella's sales money. Jon already had a laptop for his writing (not the cheap one I put in his house at the beginning, but an expensive one I'm sure he lifted from the student union building because I saw some missing there. :o ) Jon is writing Sci-Fi novels, too, but he's not making much yet. Ella rolled a wish to buy into a business (I think it was BEFORE Jon moved in, but it would make more sense if it were after), so I saved that, and after I'm happy with the house, I'll let them buy into something, using the reserved $19,000.

@SamelaRita Thanks so much for coming up with this challenge and sharing it. It's loads of fun. @ciane I'm excited you want to do it yet again :D and interested to see how a Johnny Appleseed approach might work.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited July 2020
    I just wanted to share with everyone an interesting picture of Geoffrey Landgrab dancing on the counters at @Hidehi's Bubbleworks in my game. You'd think a wealthy aristocrat like that would have more dignity! :D
    gela-oncounter.jpg
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker You would, wouldn't you...
    @suzses I've taken to using the Add to active family cheat because that way they don't bring any money with them - and in the Changing Seasons story I'm writing, sometimes I need to be able to control the characters to get the screen shots I want or make the story develop the way I want.
    @ciane I'm looking forward to your Johnny Appleseed story too!
  • Options
    @suzses I've taken to using the Add to active family cheat because that way they don't bring any money with them - and in the Changing Seasons story I'm writing, sometimes I need to be able to control the characters to get the screen shots I want or make the story develop the way I want.

@SamelaRita Even though the only stories I usually have going are in my head, I want them in the household for similar reasons, and so I understand completely. :) I stopped doing most things through testingcheats if there was a NRaas option a long time ago, because I'm much less likely to break my game that way (not saying adding a household member necessarily does that, but some things I was doing obviously did). I could, of course, just delete the amount added from family funds also using MC (I don't remember if there's a way to do that with testingcheats?), but I liked saving it for an investment later, since I'm finished with my challenge anyway. I didn't want it to interfere, though, with the fun I was having running off to build and buy things as soon as the veggies were sold each day. I don't know why, but that's more fun than just having a big chunk of cash to spend all at once.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    I use the familyfunds name amount cheat @suzses. You have to have TCE on and then type in either the total amount last or use the - to take away a certain amount.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Here is Ella and Jon's house completed at a 1-story phase, meaning I've decided to go up from here. I'll move the bedrooms and baths upstairs (maybe have one bath downstairs), and open up more of the 1st floor living area. I decided I like their lot woodsy and would rather not enlarge the footprint so I can keep the trees. As soon as I added the wing on the right side, they both rolled wishes for a baby. Personally, I was content without dealing with baby/toddler stuff, but sometimes you just have to do what your sims want, hence the nursery.

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/m0oW2fz

I'll come back when the 2-story version is all complete.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Their home is lovely @suzses ! Has everything they need in such a small footprint. Fabulous colors and comfortable furnishings made this home warm and cozy.

If your Ella is like mine, she would have rolled a wish to marry after they dated for a bit and then later ... the wish to have a child would appear. And let's not forget the wish to have a child after you've had one because you know, no sense in waiting or stopping with what you have :D
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words on Ella's home. Made my day! <3
  • Options
    Ella’s official story draws to a conclusion with a double header.
    Week 9
    Finale

Her story might end here but this life filled with love and family continues in my game and … perhaps, yours too.

ellauic.jpg
    Download Link: Tomato Lovers

No CAP or CC
    Ella was created by SamelaRita
    Hugh is an EA game-generated Sim
    To find out how they went from being a couple to being part of a family ... reading the above two chapters will tell you all you need to know.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top