Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    FrostedLemonCookiesFrostedLemonCookies Posts: 5 New Member
    I am having problem with bills. Always $1. The only mod I have is MCCC. Wish they would fix this. The difficulty of bills are now not longer hard.
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    I spent the last 2 rl days setting one neighbourhood per world as a polluted neighbourhood.

I carefully chose the neighbourhood, went through all the public lots and used the landfill lot trait, put a dumpster and thrashed with debug items. Then i played a family in each neighbourhood and cheated it to be industrial.

Then i disabled the eco footprint. My idea was to have those bad neighbourhoods always like that...

It was disapointing to see that the eco footprint didn't paused as we were told by the devs. It just disapeared, as if all neighbourhoods are neutral!

I just wish devs haven't lied! I saw with my own eyes when a dev said that there was going to be a toggle where we could pause the eco footprint.

I imagined all my gameplay around that!

That's so disappointing! I hadn't tried pausing it yet. I had done as you did though, but I have only played one family in one neighbourhood and hadn't rotated yet. All the unplayed areas are keeping their footprint but I know it will change once I rotate to it. I was hoping this worked differently so I could "pause" it like you had been trying to do. Pause sounds more like they meant the word "off". *eyeroll*

Thanks for the heads up though, now I'll have to re-think my game play strategy.

This, this is my major problem with the new pack!
    Well I didn't disable the eco footprint, but same thing happened; All the neighbourhoods in every world has gone neutral.
    I have been working on a few different neighbourhoods to make them either eco-friendly or industrial, to see the difference.

I spend time waiting for weekends to vote either for modern development and industrialising some places, filling them with lights, electronics and build in materials with industriel footprints. While making other neighbourhoods's lots eco friendly, recycling, and placing all sorts of eco friendly stuff on them etc. and vote for clean air, gardening etc. in the area.

Some lots changed, some didn't. Only a few neighbourhoods changed. And after a sims week or two most lots and ALL hoods in all my worlds where neutral!
    I dont know if its because it takes more effort on each lot, than I so far have done. As I haven't yet made ALL the lots in one neighbourhood green or industriel....?!
    I have kept trying and have gotten two areas that are not neutral - but if they last until next sim week? Time will tell...

I really dont understand the logic in the eco-friendly lots vs. the industrials. Like when you change the community spaces to the 3 other kinds. - I expected the public garden to be green, but its industriel! And maybe the marked space to be industrial, but Its neutral, like the recycle one. i guess they are not suppose to really make a difference.... or?!

The pre-made families in the new world are not helping either! The super eco-master family have a industrial footprint and the money driven family in the same neighbourhood has a perfect eco-friendly home...?! Im so confused about this. Is it intentionally all backwards?! Or whats going on?!

Anyone else have better luck understanding how this is suppose to work or having better luck changing the footprints?

(I have screenshots, but I haven't uploaded them to a host. I haven't posted pics since sims 3, no new way without uploaded them somewhere else first?)

• Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    After reading the comments here and seeing various aspects of the pack in several Let's Play videos, I've decided to not buy this pack even when it goes on sale. All I can say is that EA really needs to step up its game, so to speak. This pack was released with too many flaws.

I see the same old adult pre-made Sims busily dumpster diving and generally taking over everything, as usual. It looks like they're even able to vote on NAPs in the new area. As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't even be there. I also saw that Bella Goth and Caleb Vatore had been miraculously promoted to Master Makers so they could mentor other Sims. Marcus Flex was spotted dumpster diving.

I wonder why EA didn't include a teen female high school dropout Sim that could share her views on climate change? And make her immortal, of course.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Monaveil wrote: »
    After reading the comments here and seeing various aspects of the pack in several Let's Play videos, I've decided to not buy this pack even when it goes on sale. All I can say is that EA really needs to step up its game, so to speak. This pack was released with too many flaws.

I see the same old adult pre-made Sims busily dumpster diving and generally taking over everything, as usual. It looks like they're even able to vote on NAPs in the new area. As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't even be there. I also saw that Bella Goth and Caleb Vatore had been miraculously promoted to Master Makers so they could mentor other Sims. Marcus Flex was spotted dumpster diving.

I wonder why EA didn't include a teen female high school dropout Sim that could share her views on climate change? And make her immortal, of course.

The other pre-mades voting on NAPS not in their own neighbourhoods bothers me too. I'm not allowed to travel around and vote everywhere but they can? I get what they were trying to do, but if there's no other sims in a neighbourhood to vote against my sim/family so be it. Otherwise, let my sim vote in other areas so I can make sure that certain NAPS get in without having to switch households and cheat.

The line I highlighted made me giggle. :p

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I’m having a problem with the kids not being able to build the violin skills since buying the eco living
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I'm so glad I saw this pack coming, remembered past lessons from Seasons options not working and other packs just annoying you to death, and spared myself.

Spending $40 for an experience like this got old a long time ago already. It was definitely the right decision for me.

This just reminded me, speaking of seasons...

Is it just me or has the lightning gone insane since EL? Before the thunderstorms would scare my sims and the odd strike, but I'm even seeing townies get zapped as they walk by my house (I don't remember noticing that before), and it just destroys almost any and all items left outside. It used to do that, sure, but the frequency seems to be drastically increased. I'm not really complaining, I don't actually mind it and I welcome the added danger, but I don't remember it being quite so destructive before. I barely ever used to have a sim hit by lightning, it was so rare. Now they get hit nearly every time if you send them out in the storm.

Its global warming. ;-)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    Stinalina wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    I spent the last 2 rl days setting one neighbourhood per world as a polluted neighbourhood.

I carefully chose the neighbourhood, went through all the public lots and used the landfill lot trait, put a dumpster and thrashed with debug items. Then i played a family in each neighbourhood and cheated it to be industrial.

Then i disabled the eco footprint. My idea was to have those bad neighbourhoods always like that...

It was disapointing to see that the eco footprint didn't paused as we were told by the devs. It just disapeared, as if all neighbourhoods are neutral!

I just wish devs haven't lied! I saw with my own eyes when a dev said that there was going to be a toggle where we could pause the eco footprint.

I imagined all my gameplay around that!

That's so disappointing! I hadn't tried pausing it yet. I had done as you did though, but I have only played one family in one neighbourhood and hadn't rotated yet. All the unplayed areas are keeping their footprint but I know it will change once I rotate to it. I was hoping this worked differently so I could "pause" it like you had been trying to do. Pause sounds more like they meant the word "off". *eyeroll*

Thanks for the heads up though, now I'll have to re-think my game play strategy.

This, this is my major problem with the new pack!
    Well I didn't disable the eco footprint, but same thing happened; All the neighbourhoods in every world has gone neutral.
    I have been working on a few different neighbourhoods to make them either eco-friendly or industrial, to see the difference.

I spend time waiting for weekends to vote either for modern development and industrialising some places, filling them with lights, electronics and build in materials with industriel footprints. While making other neighbourhoods's lots eco friendly, recycling, and placing all sorts of eco friendly stuff on them etc. and vote for clean air, gardening etc. in the area.

Some lots changed, some didn't. Only a few neighbourhoods changed. And after a sims week or two most lots and ALL hoods in all my worlds where neutral!
    I dont know if its because it takes more effort on each lot, than I so far have done. As I haven't yet made ALL the lots in one neighbourhood green or industriel....?!
    I have kept trying and have gotten two areas that are not neutral - but if they last until next sim week? Time will tell...

I really dont understand the logic in the eco-friendly lots vs. the industrials. Like when you change the community spaces to the 3 other kinds. - I expected the public garden to be green, but its industriel! And maybe the marked space to be industrial, but Its neutral, like the recycle one. i guess they are not suppose to really make a difference.... or?!

The pre-made families in the new world are not helping either! The super eco-master family have a industrial footprint and the money driven family in the same neighbourhood has a perfect eco-friendly home...?! Im so confused about this. Is it intentionally all backwards?! Or whats going on?!

Anyone else have better luck understanding how this is suppose to work or having better luck changing the footprints?

(I have screenshots, but I haven't uploaded them to a host. I haven't posted pics since sims 3, no new way without uploaded them somewhere else first?)

Update: Friday morning arrived and voting opened in my green neighbourhood. Right away I got a message that my hood was Neutral (again)!

Even though voting is currently not possible as all 4 slots are full. Therefore nothing has or can be changed in the neighbourhood right now (unless you cheat, but if you stick to the gameplay nothing has changed from before and to the active voting time). I haven't made the active house less green around the voting time, or changed any of the other lots in this area since it turned green.

Why do I work hard to change footprints if it just change back every friday?

I don't get it. Is It a bug, or just really bad gameplay???

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I'm so glad I saw this pack coming, remembered past lessons from Seasons options not working and other packs just annoying you to death, and spared myself.

Spending $40 for an experience like this got old a long time ago already. It was definitely the right decision for me.

This just reminded me, speaking of seasons...

Is it just me or has the lightning gone insane since EL? Before the thunderstorms would scare my sims and the odd strike, but I'm even seeing townies get zapped as they walk by my house (I don't remember noticing that before), and it just destroys almost any and all items left outside. It used to do that, sure, but the frequency seems to be drastically increased. I'm not really complaining, I don't actually mind it and I welcome the added danger, but I don't remember it being quite so destructive before. I barely ever used to have a sim hit by lightning, it was so rare. Now they get hit nearly every time if you send them out in the storm.

Its global warming. ;-)

Best answer! :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited June 2020
    Eco Lifestyle and all the bugs that it brought has made me not even want to play Sims 4 anymore. I'm afraid to open my pre-Eco Lifestyle saves, I've only played two saves that I started after EL. I'm bored with my actual Eco Lifestyle save and the second one I started has nothing to do with the EL, I disabled both eco footprint and NAP's before I started playing it, but I got the announcement that the NAP was still chosen. I don't want it!!

I regret so much buying this pack. I'd love to disable it, but I'm still waiting for bug fixes. I like some of the CAS items but I don't want NAP's on all of my saves.
    I've been always positive about the previous packs and I'm the person who loves Sims 4 with a passion, but EL (and also the patch that came before it) has ruined my fun. :/
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    My travel screen takes forever to load. My game actually crashed for the first time EVER, it was stuck on the pinwheel that appears before the world screen comes up. Then I noticed the speed was stuck on 3, time was passing, and I couldn’t slow it down. My Sim nearly died!
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    The other pre-mades voting on NAPS not in their own neighbourhoods bothers me too. I'm not allowed to travel around and vote everywhere but they can? I get what they were trying to do, but if there's no other sims in a neighbourhood to vote against my sim/family so be it. Otherwise, let my sim vote in other areas so I can make sure that certain NAPS get in without having to switch households and cheat.

Thanks for highlighting this.

I thought it was only the townies that didn’t live anywhere that voted (to bump up the numbers etc).

So if I’m in Willow Creek, Nancy Landgraab gets to vote on what happens even though she doesn’t live there? 😫 That doesn’t make sense, I wouldn’t visit another town and start voting on community projects that I won’t even see.

Good thing I disabled NPC voting.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Can someone explain to me why the fabricator is like the only thing that can’t be upgraded yet breaks the most???
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I hate this...
    XOR290f.png
    Is there no way at all to disable these stupid bags? I just wanted my sims to have a normal Spice festival event.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I hate this...
    XOR290f.png
    Is there no way at all to disable these stupid bags? I just wanted my sims to have a normal Spice festival event.

You have to repeal the NAP for them, or cheat the NAP away.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    You have to repeal the NAP for them, or cheat the NAP away.

The thing is that I'm not currently playing a family in San Myshuno so I have no control on what N.A.P is active in that world. I had my family visit from a different world when they were invited to the Spice Festival.

I really hope somebody can mod these N.A.P's at some point to be less annoying.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I hate this...
    XOR290f.png

Your sim has the perfect emotion with the crap going around her xD
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Definitely disappointed. Been playing it a while and can never even get it to budge past neutral either way. I have completely redone every lot to try to make it go one way or the other and nothing. I really dislike that the footprint depends so much on build items vs sims actions too. Most of the NAPS are a joke simply causing sims to do annoying, repetitive things. So basically - the main features of this pack do not work as expected - so, yeah - not a fan.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member

I really hope somebody can mod these N.A.P's at some point to be less annoying.

https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/nap-autonomy-fixes/
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Does anyone know if there is a mod out yet to get sims to stop stealing everything? This is by far the worse feature in EL. Any community lot I have gets whipped out in minuets with this EP, sims are stealing sinks, rugs, couches, everything! I could maybe see sims stealing stuff they can put into the actual sim inventory, but not house hold inventory items. I also checked, and a sims who stole a painting didn't have it in any of their inventories.?? Where did it go?? So annoying to have to refurnish over and over again.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2020
    Does anyone know if there is a mod out yet to get sims to stop stealing everything? This is by far the worse feature in EL. Any community lot I have gets whipped out in minuets with this EP, sims are stealing sinks, rugs, couches, everything! I could maybe see sims stealing stuff they can put into the actual sim inventory, but not house hold inventory items. I also checked, and a sims who stole a painting didn't have it in any of their inventories.?? Where did it go?? So annoying to have to refurnish over and over again.

Download this mod by Zero: https://www.patreon.com/posts/el-npc-dont-with-38012599

And if you have time, go to EA's Answer HQ page, log in and select "Me Too" on this post. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Objects-disappear-from-lots-NPC-Stealing-with-and/td-p/9178299

Maxis really messed up when they added these NAPs. I hope that they are realizing it themselves.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Does anyone know if there is a mod out yet to get sims to stop stealing everything? This is by far the worse feature in EL.

Adding to what @logion mentioned, from same creator:

Fix for the Recycle Disciple trait swiping (first mod of them):
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/el-community-38038030
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

It is driving me crazy. One of my sims threw a New Year's Eve party and when I went to turn on the tv so she could do the count down with her husband, the tv was missing. I am finding stuff missing in all my worlds.

Another problem is the bags on the heads. Another sim of mine opened her restaurant and went there as usual to keep an eye on things and all of the customers had bags on their heads, even the waitresses, the host and chef were wearing bags. I never got to see who dined there that night, very frustrating.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    bandit5 wrote: »
    My played sims keep making cakes and playing a insterment they don't own i counted like 5 cakes all over the house. They are getting fat too from eating so much sweets.
    omg, lol, and it is so hard to get them thin again,lol

One tub of diet icecream with every cake or instant thin potion from rewards store. These are the two things that work the best. Send your sim on a jog, use the yoga mat once a day to stay fit. This is a little more daunting.

thanks for the tips, the ice cream worked great, my sims look great again with so little effort. No more jogging, ugh.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Thank god Eco Lifestyle was not available for bundle on the day of release. I was really fooled by the Guru's livestream and was actually going to buy the pack in a bundle on the day of its release like I did with previous expansions.
    I was really upset when EA said the pack won't be available to bundle until the end of June. If you ask me now I'm very thankful I wasn't able to bundle the pack because since then I have been watching videos and reviews of EL and I have fully changed my mind. I will not buy this mess. Never.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    Thank god Eco Lifestyle was not available for bundle on the day of release. I was really fooled by the Guru's livestream and was actually going to buy the pack in a bundle on the day of its release like I did with previous expansions.
    I was really upset when EA said the pack won't be available to bundle until the end of June. If you ask me now I'm very thankful I wasn't able to bundle the pack because since then I have been watching videos and reviews of EL and I have fully changed my mind. I will not buy this mess. Never.

I long for the days for GOOD packs like Vampires and Parenthood ...... a real fleshed out pack again...(I know their GPs but still if that same vision was with EPs...we'd be great.)