Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    After a few days of exploring EL I finally decided to turned off eco footprint gameplay. It is terrible. Wallpapers and stuff contribute to the footprint more and what sims actually do. Very nonsensical design choices. Anyway I do enjoy other aspect of the game like crafting :)
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Also I wished there was a way to completely switch off NAP too. I have the club system which is way better than NAP. Basically the key features of this pack bomb very badly at least for me.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Anyone else want TS5 ? This...I am so tired ;-;...
    But yeah, is this gonna be tied to the new world ONLY?! And will it be like Strangerville and after the threat is gone, no replay or? Idk

I want but.... Ive trust issues with this sims team... I just hope they're not the same.. the ideas are terrible! Just imagine a real simulation game would have groceries and you need to go shopping insted of a fully stocking fridge.. a cellphone.. you need money to buy it. Clothes.. you need shops and money to buy them.. Little things I miss so much. Not to mention the sims personality.. the tastes.. the turn on and off's, teens beeing real teens. The game is empy.. lacks charm and dept. And returning to the thread point... this ep adds nothing to my ideal playstyle... its like a quest game.. where they tell us what to do... clean the world etc.
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    The "Sharing is Caring" neighborhood action plan.

Good sims - or those with good reputations - should be kept out of this and not have the option. This goes against type. If you knowingly chose the kleptomaniac trait for your sim or want them to have a bad reputation then this would be perfect for them. But a good sim will not do this - even if given permission.

It is one of the most frustrating things I have found in the Sims 4. It's like faithful sims all of a sudden doing romantic socials with those not their spouse.

This part was not thought out well.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    NAPS are game breaking for me.
    I'm out until they do something about.
    Back to Skyrim. :D

I never finish my Skyrim play-through because a new TS4 pack gets me interested in the game for a week or two.
    Eco Lifestyle was only for a few days because most of that time was spent building.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I'm surprised people are positive about this pack, NAPs are a complete disaster and will ruin it for so many people.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I'm surprised people are positive about this pack, NAPs are a complete disaster and will ruin it for so many people.

...why are you surprised? Like there are fans that literally praise every single pack...always...
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Everything else about this pack is good for me except the disastrous NAPs!! Like what world did they think that most of these would lead to fun gameplay?????
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    The bugs are making me start to hate the pack.
    And as of now, I uninstalled it. I had to or I would not be able to enjoy any other aspects that I enjoy in the gane.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options

...why are you surprised? Like there are fans that literally praise every single pack...always...

Piggybacking on what I said earlier...

You can literally make a pack called "watch paint dry." and you'll have someone praising the team...
    I am not kidding.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited June 2020
    The NAPs didn’t even sound appealing to me before the game came out. I could understand the idea of what the team was going for, but I’ve also played this game enough to know those ideas often don’t have flawless executions. If the NAPs weren’t so...silly...I would have been more interested in them from the beginning. But seeing that one of them caused Sims to wear bags over their heads for who knows how long and for why other than an ordinance told them to, and one caused everyone to walk around naked all day — I just knew it wasn’t the kind of thing I’d be interested in. And now reading that they’re bugged and spammy — it’s not even like a “told ya so” type of thing. It’s just me knowing from the start this game sounded disappointing and not at all for me. I feel like they should have completely left out the NAPs and made this a game pack (although some argue it already is a game pack even with the NAPs). The only reason I was interested in this pack was because it enhanced off the grid living, and that’s how I play the entirety of one of my saves. But I think my Sims will be fine without it.

And again, atop the hill I will die on, the modernity was maintained in this pack in a way that annoys me. This was the perfect time to add less modern aesthetics alongside the modern ones because people living off the grid didn’t just start in the postmodern 21st century.

On the plus side, at this point there’s a lot of content in-game that is ready to support a farming pack to the point where it would be welcomed by me, as long as they don’t create those huge machines for small every day tasks that they’re fond of doing.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I don't have the pack yet. Does a NAP always have to be active no matter what, or can you turn them off?
  • Options
    I don't have the pack yet. Does a NAP always have to be active no matter what, or can you turn them off?

I believe you can turn off NPCs from voting not sure about turning off completely.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

You can cheat to repeal every single one per neighborhood. I also disabled NPC voting.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    My played sims keep making cakes and playing a insterment they don't own i counted like 5 cakes all over the house. They are getting fat too from eating so much sweets.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited June 2020
    I was waiting to buy this as a bundle but after watching the in-depth reviews of the pack by NOT Game Changers, I am not buying this, nevaarr

The only thing I was excited about was the environmental status of either an industrial or green world but that is completely illogical and inconsistent. The Sims' behavior doesn't really influnce the environment but the wallpaper and windows on the buildings do? That is a pack made wrong!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    It's kinda tragically hilarious though.

Simmers: Chickens would be cool to have.
    EA: here you go, WORMS!
    Simmers: :#:s
    ha ha ha, I cannot stop laughing, lol.....
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    My played sims keep making cakes and playing a insterment they don't own i counted like 5 cakes all over the house. They are getting fat too from eating so much sweets.
    omg, lol, and it is so hard to get them thin again,lol

• Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    omg, lol, and it is so hard to get them thin again,lol

One tub of diet icecream with every cake or instant thin potion from rewards store. These are the two things that work the best. Send your sim on a jog, use the yoga mat once a day to stay fit. This is a little more daunting.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I thought going green would be the challenge. The advert looked like cleaning up Evergreen Harbour was the goal. 🤔

It’s too easy to be eco. It’s so hard to keep the industrial side without cheats. It doesn’t make sense. 😫
    The NAPs are confusing as well, perhaps if they were only valid for one week I could overlook the oddness of how they affect Sims. But they’re on until you can repel them and you shouldn’t have to use cheats to remove them, it should be through gameplay.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    I was kind of interested in this pack when they said we could change the eco footprint in other worlds. However, it seems like all the changes in other worlds are just visual and you cannot pile litter as you can do in that new world if you go industrial. I should have expected that since they kept avoiding to show how the industrial footprint looks like in other worlds before the release. It just makes me feel like even they knew how disappointing it looked that they refused to show us.
    I have to admit that this pack has some good aspects, but those are overshadowed by ‘bland’ and shallow programming that just makes me frustrated (e.g. seeing Nancy Landgraab dumpster diving doesn’t make any sense at all).

I burnt myself with Island Living and Discover University, but this time I am going to be careful and wait for a sale.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    They can't add new pack items to previous pack or base game lots because most of us don't have the original layout anymore and if they add them to non lot spaces people would probably complain like they did with the spawned skating rinks.

I have added dumpsters to most of my community lots and I've placed some community spaces with voting boards too (though, you can add voting boards to any kind of community lot if you want to).

I haven't had much live mode playing yet, but i can see the eco footprint needs fixing as it switches far too fast and always to neutral.

I didn't know people complained about the rinks I thought that was really cool 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

I believe you can turn off NPCs from voting not sure about turning off completely.

You can't turn it off completely, but if NPC voting is turned off, and you don't direct your sims to vote, no NAPs will be enacted. The weird thing is that you'll get a message that a NAP was enacted, but when I clicked on the mailbox to see, there were no active NAPs. I wasn't able to fix my most recent save, it's completely fubared with NAP behaviors. But, I rolled back to my save from just prior to installing Eco Lifestyle and turning NPC voting off seems to work. No NAP behavior gumming up my game. So at least I can keep playing for now.
  • Options
    tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    Has anyone else's game slowed WAY down since installing EL? I do have a good amount of CC, however I have a high end gaming computer and sims is always super fast. But immediately after installing EL it is insanely slow, the loading screen is super long, and it lags. Anyone else? Any fixes?