Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cheats?

Comments

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Sometimes
    Usually I used move objects on for builds and sometimes the show hidden objects. For my background sims I will use the money cheats to set their money fund for their story. However since eco lifestyle I’ve used the eco footprint ones as it’s much easier to cheat the footprint I want then the horrid glitchy gameplay of it.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes. Cheats are very useful if I want to set up a sim that I want to function as a background NPC. I'll create the sim and then start it in a new game, use cheats to put the skills and/or traits that I want, then save them and plop them down where I want them in my current game.

It's also useful for putting up households in the lots that I want them to be in.
  • Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    Sometimes
    I use the resetsim cheat a lot. When aging up teenagers, I often use the cheats to increase their conflict resolution, emotional control, and empathy levels, so they can get the associated traits. I use cheats to edit sims in CAS; mostly just for changing appearances. I occasionally use the free real estate cheat when I've built a nice house and I want to move a new family into it. I rarely, if ever, cheat to increase the needs of my sims.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Yes
    Guilty as charged. I never used to, but quite frankly the needs drain so quickly in this iteration, if I don't cheat up the needs, my Global Superstar will make headlines at his concert for all the wrong reasons: Erik Cantrell gave a dynamite performance. His style of dance was one we haven't witnessed before. The sudden puddle on the stage gave him away, though …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Sometimes
    I use freerealestate to house townies I am placing. Build mode cheats such as bb.move objects and debug. Game play wise just reset sim if there's an issue and money 0 for new starts.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Sometimes
    I use them while setting up my base save with new content (adding degrees to premades, for example) and when reducing household funds for challenges.

I also use build cheats.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited June 2020
    Sometimes
    Only to increase motives or relationships in "emergency" situations... and sometimes I'll use moveObjects on to place certain objects... otherwise, no... I used to use money cheats all the time, but I stopped doing so after realizing how much fun it is to work your way up instead! :)
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Yes
    The word Cheat should be renamed to Customize, because some people view cheats (game cheats) as negative, as you are doing something wrong. I see it as a way of creating sims how I want them. I like to create generations of sims and sims of all ages. I think it is ridiculous to create an Elder that has no skills. So, I skill sims according to how I intend them to be in the game. All sims from Adult to Elder have cooking skills at least starting at 3, same with handiness.

I don't skill children and toddlers. I rarely skill teens since they should be learning from their parents.

Since it takes an eternity to gain reward points I give adults to Elders a certain number of reward points to start out with (20,000). Teens I give 1,000. That way if I want to add additional traits or use potions I am not hammed in by the whims system.

IRL life is extremely difficult. I play the game to escape. For instance I do not have $50,000 laying around to build my dream garden, but I can do that in the game.

So, I don't think of them as cheats. I think of it as a way to customize the game and play the game as I intend it.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Sometimes
    Really depends... MCC is set to keep testingcheats on at all times.

Building cheats - Yes (if needed)
    Mood cheats- Occasionally
    Money cheats- 99% taking away money
    Freerealestate- Households I won't be playing
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Troll3r100Troll3r100 Posts: 35 New Member
    Sometimes
    If cheating means trolling teh forums, then hell yeah! But seriously though, I only cheat when needed, like trying to create cool builds or if a sim gets stuck
  • Options
    WatermelonBombWatermelonBomb Posts: 21 Member
    Sometimes
    Usually I do for when I'm building houses for the particular sims
    Depending on the play thru I'm going for, I might use a few other basic ones, but I need to find a list of them similar to the ones GrayStillPlays uses.
    I'm a Veteran player but starting to finally use mods and cheats outside of very basic 3 cheats, be gentle with me.

IMO nothing beats Sims 1 Making Magic
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Other:
    I use resetSim a lot and something like enabling build mode on lots where we are normally are not allowed to go into build mode and edit things. I mostly use cheats that alter things I feel I want control over.

I don't cheat needs or money or things like that.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes
    This is a single player game, so I use any cheats/cheaty mods I feel using.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    I use cheats a lot to fix game glitches (resetsim) and to fix relationships the game messed up.

I used to be strongly against bb.moveobjects on, but I've recently discovered how much fun it can be! So now I use it a lot. :) I've just started to play with the debug objects. I don't cheat for the award objects.

I never use mood cheats, but I have a lot of decor objects and other in-game things to improve moods.

I use freerealestate on a lot. I love having my Sims start with cute houses. But then I cheat to take away all of their money usually, so they have to struggle to pay the bills on their cute new house. I rarely give them more money, but I do have a very rich character that I had to cheat a lot of money for.

I'm using cheats to try to control the unruly NAPs in my worlds.

I use cheats to change the traits of Sims I download from the gallery. No evil Sims are allowed in my world (well, except for Vlad). :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    I use them a lot for my story saves. Weather and times of day, for example.

How can you change the time of the day? :o I really need this!!

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Sometimes
    I cheated to get a perfect money tree then saved it to my library for use in non cheat worlds
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yes
    I have a mod that activates several cheats (ofc MOO) as I boot up the game lol.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Sometimes
    At times! While playing not so much (exceptions apply :tongue: ), but if I'm trying to take screenshots or test something, definitely!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yes
    Yup I use cheats, and often. :D Anything I can use to fix and modify the game the way I want it I consider fair game.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Sometimes
    I use them when I want to in order to set up differentiation in the game.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes
    I use the codes for:
    FreeRealEstate
    MoveObjects
    Eco_Footprint
    Some Aspirations, Skills & Traits
    Some Occult Lifestates
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    Yes
    absolutely! I refill needs in the morning so I dont have to waste two hours for the sim to cook breakfast and eat breakfast, she/he can be finishing up work/exercising/chatting with partner or kids. I use all the building cheats as I build all my houses from an empty lot mostly. I set the unlock all career items/clothing and debug menu. I usually cheat the main sim who is going to be doing most of the domestic drudge to have full cooking/baking skills as it saves time and many fires. And I cheat the toddler potty skill, as having potty trained my own children IRL years ago, I really dont want to be doing that again!!
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yes
    I use the money cheats all the time. Depends on how I wanna play, though. I try to stay away from like all the other cheats but yes on the money cheats and the baby cheats (to get a boy or a girl).
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    malinbolimalinboli Posts: 16 Member
    Yes
    I use them to give traits from the aspiration rewards and skills - just because I think it's unrealistic that a teenager, a young adult or an adult don't have different levels of random skills. I also use freerealestate to move in sims when I'm making over neighbourhoods, and money cheats when building houses, unless I'm playing a rags to riches type thing.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Other:
    In normal gameplay I use cheats only in Build mode and if there is absolutely no other way to get something that I want. During story making, I use cheats constantly.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.