Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evergreen Harbor Discussion Thread

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    taydev wrote: »
    I mean nasty people do exist. Also there’s dumpster woohoo so... 😬

There could have been new water deaths: being run over by a passing cargo ship or chopped into pieces by the propellers or caught in the undercurrents caused by the hydroelectric dam turbines.

ooooft nice :naughty::lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    The lot with the crane is really cool looking. But for those of us with Seasons, it's really impractical. They'll constantly get soaked during the rains. Come winter, and snow (and SimGuru George said Evergreen Harbor will get snow) Knox and his moms will freeze to death. I may end up changing the lot to a remodeled warehouse so they can survive.

Lol at the 'going to the stables/bathroom in The Hateful Eight' vibes.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited May 2020
    troshalom wrote: »
    Eleven buildable lots and two apartment lots - each apartment has two apartments. So fifteen move-in-able lots. Not bad, not amazing. I missed the apartments at first so I was annoyed, but including those it isn't too bad. On par with most packs by the looks of it.
    5oCCSXT.jpg

I don't see a beach on that map ☹️

SimGuruGeorge says there is no swimmable water in Evergreen Harvest.

Man I wish there was. Well as for the beach, you can always make one of the lots into a dry beach or Sim made beach (called a man made beach in rl) with the sand, decorations, and objects from Island Living and Backyard Stuff.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    troshalom wrote: »
    Eleven buildable lots and two apartment lots - each apartment has two apartments. So fifteen move-in-able lots. Not bad, not amazing. I missed the apartments at first so I was annoyed, but including those it isn't too bad. On par with most packs by the looks of it.
    5oCCSXT.jpg

I don't see a beach on that map ☹️

SimGuruGeorge says there is no swimmable water in Evergreen Harvest.

Man I wish there was. Well as for the beach, you can always make one of the lots into a dry beach or Sim made beach (called a man made beach in rl) with the sand, decorations, and objects from Island Living and Backyard Stuff.

I'll just put a waterpark there on one of the lots. There are a lot on the gallery.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Probably because they didn't want people swimming in polluted waters. Would you go swimming in the Hudson river?

I wouldn't, but people do.

It would have been interesting to have moodlets tied to the current environmental state of the neighborhood. Nasty industrial waters? Unhappy, grossed out, chance to get sick. Pristine waters? Yay, happy moodlets.

I mean, realistically, there are tons of areas with abandoned quarries where people (especially the younger folks), go swimming regularly, whether they are technically permitted to or not. It's not particularly safe for other reasons, but the water quality can be decent, depending on a number of factors.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm thoroughly disappointed that we can't swim in the quarry ponds. There are a few quarries in my area that have been turned into official public beaches/campgrounds. The water gets cleaned out regularly through filtration systems and the surrounding natural sandy grounds.

And if players want to risk their simmies lives by swimming in polluted quarry water, why not give them that option? People are fishing in the quarry (polluted or not), so it would have been nice to at least have the option to swim in it too... or maybe even turned it into a beachy-ish type of picnic community area, rather than just a simple fishing spot?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I'm thoroughly disappointed that we can't swim in the quarry ponds. There are a few quarries in my area that have been turned into official public beaches/campgrounds. The water gets cleaned out regularly through filtration systems and the surrounding natural sandy grounds.

And if players want to risk their simmies lives by swimming in polluted quarry water, why not give them that option? People are fishing in the quarry (polluted or not), so it would have been nice to at least have the option to swim in it too... or maybe even turned it into a beachy-ish type of picnic community area, rather than just a simple fishing spot?

There's probably leftover dynamite in those quarry waters. And some missing cars. Might be great for diving adventures, :joy: I intend to build a public pool on the quarry lot and pretend that at least one of those pools is swimmable. :smile:
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi, random question - does anyone know where Evergreen Harbor is based on?

Reason why I ask is because (forgive me if this sounds arrogant at all) - I know of a place in south west England called Portland. It's an island attached to the mainland via a natural land bridge and is famous for its white Portland Stone - just like the quarry in Evergreen Harbor.

Also it has a pretty well known saying of 'Keep Portland Weird' - just like the Port Promise neighbourhood.

Am I just making facts suit theories? Is there anywhere else in the world with similar traits?

Also, there's a pretty well-known port in the south west on Portland that used to be super busy back in the early 1900s.

Do we know the actual inspiration for Evergreen Harbor? I'd love to know.
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    AiichiAshida382AiichiAshida382 Posts: 150 Member
    EniracY wrote: »

Reason why I ask is because (forgive me if this sounds arrogant at all) - I know of a place in south west England called Portland. It's an island attached to the mainland via a natural land bridge and is famous for its white Portland Stone - just like the quarry in Evergreen Harbor.

Also it has a pretty well known saying of 'Keep Portland Weird' - just like the Port Promise neighbourhood.

Am I just making facts suit theories? Is there anywhere else in the world with similar traits?

Also, there's a pretty well-known port in the south west on Portland that used to be super busy back in the early 1900s.

England? I know the slogan "keep Portland weird" is the slogan in Portland, Oregan (USA). I didn't know they shared the slogan with a town bearing the same name in England. Learn something new every day!

However, I don't know what place it's based off of. Sorry.
    愛してるから始めよう
    Origin ID:Only1OfMe333
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member

England? I know the slogan "keep Portland weird" is the slogan in Portland, Oregan (USA). I didn't know they shared the slogan with a town bearing the same name in England. Learn something new every day!

However, I don't know what place it's based off of. Sorry.

Yeah I've since learnt they share slogans which is interesting. Does the Portland in Oregan have a quarry too?
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    edited June 2020
    I would assume it was Portland, Oregon also. It's in the Pacific Northwest and there are forests of lots of evergreens there I thought. I'm not positive of course since I live in the midwest. There is a quarry just outside of Portland, Oregon also.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It seems a lot like Aurora Skies to me but unfortuanly unlike with AS we can't swim in the water.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

It seems a lot like Aurora Skies to me but unfortuanly unlike with AS we can't swim in the water.

I really hope that one day the developers will open the waters everywhere! It would be so fun!
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    It looks very much like the Pacific Northwest of the US to me.

Come to think of it, Evergreen Harbor feels like Washington state to me.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg