Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evergreen Harbor Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    There are some non-American worlds and some that could be America or could be somewhere else. It seems like that is more common, that the worlds could be America or could be elsewhere.

I'm definitely open to having more varied worlds but a lot of these could kind of be either. From the recent surveys, I'm guessing other non-American worlds will arrive. One of the more complicated aspects is having vacation worlds vs. regular living worlds. Sulani was one that worked to address that though of course, a lot of us would like an easier way to vacation there.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Am I the only one thinking that they're creating the houses with minor mistakes on purpose? lol They must've seen the popularity of Kayla's videos complaining and fixing them. It's also an annoying way to motive us to play on fixing them haha
    There are some non-American worlds and some that could be America or could be somewhere else. It seems like that is more common, that the worlds could be America or could be elsewhere.

I'm definitely open to having more varied worlds but a lot of these could kind of be either. From the recent surveys, I'm guessing other non-American worlds will arrive. One of the more complicated aspects is having vacation worlds vs. regular living worlds. Sulani was one that worked to address that though of course, a lot of us would like an easier way to vacation there.

I think the more strict American vibe worked on Sims 2 because it portrayed it more like a parody, we were getting a laugh of it along the way seeing basically tv scenarios. Sims 4 doesn't have that vibe, so it gets old quickly having the same style. I don't think it's a coincidence Windenburg is so well regarded by the simmers, it's a breath of fresh air (and many lots).

They did a good job with Evergreen. Industrial sites are roughly similar everywhere since they are based pretty much on the same technology. And, the eco style is quite universal. It's hard not to identify something we know there. By the way, Africa, Oceania, Asia, Americas, you name it, every continent has those plain apartments lol The symbol of the modern era.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Am I the only one thinking that they're creating the houses with minor mistakes on purpose? lol They must've seen the popularity of Kayla's videos complaining and fixing them. It's also an annoying way to motive us to play on fixing them haha

I think the more strict American vibe worked on Sims 2 because it portrayed it more like a parody, we were getting a laugh of it along the way seeing basically tv scenarios. Sims 4 doesn't have that vibe, so it gets old quickly having the same style. I don't think it's a coincidence Windenburg is so well regarded by the simmers, it's a breath of fresh air (and many lots).

They did a good job with Evergreen. Industrial sites are roughly similar everywhere since they are based pretty much on the same technology. And, the eco style is quite universal. It's hard not to identify something we know there. By the way, Africa, Oceania, Asia, Americas, you name it, every continent has those plain apartments lol The symbol of the modern era.

Thanks, I also like Windenburg. I'm guessing we'll see a world with deeper snow like a Swiss Alpine Town, such as was in the survey.

I would think it would be great to see some other non-American worlds. It's just that, yes, a lot of places share a lot in common with the American style depending on where you go. Eco-style is definitely found outside of the US, probably more so in some places.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I never understood the annoyance with Maxis builds. They’re terrible yes, but this community is overflowing with amazingly talented builders who make starter homes and venues we can easily download. I think by now everyone should stop expecting the devs to build better when we tear them down anyway. But I never had building expectations from them in the first place lol.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    I never understood the annoyance with Maxis builds. They’re terrible yes, but this community is overflowing with amazingly talented builders who make starter homes and venues we can easily download. I think by now everyone should stop expecting the devs to build better when we tear them down anyway. But I never had building expectations from them in the first place lol.

The answer is simply not everyone wants to replace lots. Some people just want to get the pack and just play. Having to rebuild or download a different lot just to play can be very frustrating to some. Also a lot of those players were console people before they got the Gallery so it’s understandable.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

I've always maintained that it is probably intentional.
    If The Sims Studio provided perfect houses, there would be little need for the building community.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options

The answer is simply not everyone wants to replace lots. Some people just want to get the pack and just play. Having to rebuild or download a different lot just to play can be very frustrating to some. Also a lot of those players were console people before they got the Gallery so it’s understandable.

ok i do get that, although i doubt that's the case with the majority of players.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Can’t wait for the world selection screen to have two complete rows of worlds
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

That figures. This game can’t seem to get into non Americanized worlds :/

@taydev mean no offense by this (I also want more international worlds), but anybody who has made a claim like this hasn’t shown global sales numbers. Without any evidence I may reckon US is one of the biggest sellers?

Also, I am always hawking my impression that EA pays strict attention to huge corporate market research reports to come up with packs. I think NCIS (D.C.), Baywatch, CSI: Miami, and that one with the rich actors pretending to be Mensa bozos are amongst some of the most watched shows in the world. So, if you’re EA spending millions paying Deloitte and Mintel to say what’s hot; you’re sadly likely to go with an American trend.

@popstarissa i don’t think it has anything to do with which country has more sales to make it American themed. Even Americans are requesting non American worlds, including myself, builders are building non American themed builds, and there is definitely a notable sized international market For TS4.

It always has to do with that monayyyyy. 👩‍❤️‍👨💰

And how an organization interprets what money means....so, idk.

Agree to disagree.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020

I think they're pretty good to be honest, and much better than anything I could build. The devs are also restricted on what they can place in the house. They only use base game and that expansion, as they cannot assume everyone will have all of the packs. Putting items from say, Get Together in it would be silly as not everyone has that expansion. :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I agree that some of the Maxis builds get a bit lazy. I've been playing in that Glimmerbrook house with stairs but no back door. I get that it could be mysterious or they could have just forgotten.

I generally personalize a space myself and don't want it to be overly decorated, if I have a choice. There are lazy errors in some of the builds though. Always play-test. Lol.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Eleven buildable lots and two apartment lots - each apartment has two apartments. So fifteen move-in-able lots. Not bad, not amazing. I missed the apartments at first so I was annoyed, but including those it isn't too bad. On par with most packs by the looks of it.
    5oCCSXT.jpg

I don't see a beach on that map ☹️

SimGuruGeorge says there is no swimmable water in Evergreen Harvest.
    OMG, why! There wasn't enough non-swimmable worlds before Island Living?!
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Eleven buildable lots and two apartment lots - each apartment has two apartments. So fifteen move-in-able lots. Not bad, not amazing. I missed the apartments at first so I was annoyed, but including those it isn't too bad. On par with most packs by the looks of it.

Some waters are just not for swimming. Quarry water and harbour water are very unsafe.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    sennawales wrote: »

Some waters are just not for swimming. Quarry water and harbour water are very unsafe.

An opportunity for gameplay! Heey, you're happy, swimming, and also sick.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

And it's a massive pain pouring through the gallery for decent builds when one does not own every pack.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »

And it's a massive pain pouring through the gallery for decent builds when one does not own every pack.

You can filter by packs.

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

You can filter by packs.

It's the most useless filter (unless they fixed it, and I have never heard of ot). If you have a pack checked, it will show you builds that have that pack, and there is no way to filter out packs you don't own.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    5oCCSXT.jpg

I really hope we get a future update that opens up all the waters in every world for swimming! That would be great!
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

You can filter by packs.

Agreed with @somewhsome its practically useless. If you put just 1 pack it’ll show any build that ALSO has that pack inside.
  • Options
    somewhsome wrote: »

You can filter by packs.

It's the most useless filter (unless they fixed it, and I have never heard of ot). If you have a pack checked, it will show you builds that have that pack, and there is no way to filter out packs you don't own.

Yeah I know 😭😭 it’s so annoying. I just forgot lol *runs away* 🏃‍♀️

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    5oCCSXT.jpg

Probably because they didn't want people swimming in polluted waters. Would you go swimming in the Hudson river?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    An opportunity for gameplay! Heey, you're happy, swimming, and also sick.

I plan on making a public pool in the quarry lot, make it blend it with the surroundings, so it looks like it's quarry water open for swimming.

I think the filter on the gallery is broken or something. It often shows the same lots multiple times, even days apart, as if someone just uploads it several times a day every day. Maybe people do this, but it's just weird. And sometimes there are just too few finds.

• Options
    5oCCSXT.jpg

Probably because they didn't want people swimming in polluted waters. Would you go swimming in the Hudson river?

I mean nasty people do exist. Also there’s dumpster woohoo so... 😬
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I mean nasty people do exist. Also there’s dumpster woohoo so... 😬

There could have been new water deaths: being run over by a passing cargo ship or chopped into pieces by the propellers or caught in the undercurrents caused by the hydroelectric dam turbines.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    The lot with the crane is really cool looking. But for those of us with Seasons, it's really impractical. They'll constantly get soaked during the rains. Come winter, and snow (and SimGuru George said Evergreen Harbor will get snow) Knox and his moms will freeze to death. I may end up changing the lot to a remodeled warehouse so they can survive.