Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves: Poll

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    Dying for wearwolves 😭😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Yes
    Where are my wolves at?
  • Options
    Andrew1022Andrew1022 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes
    I'd love to see werewolves in the game but I'd want them to be as expansive and customisable as vampires were. The Sims 4 has a large pagan and other spiritualist fanbase, meaning there are bound to be countless people who believe in these creatures. Whether it be in a more scientific way (such as therians and the modern sanguinary lifestyle) or in a very fantastical way (such as the strigoi or lycanthrope) therefore having a large amount of options is definitely favourable. I'd like to be able to have a "werewolf" who can't ACTUALLY transform into a wolf, but rather walks on all fours and changes state of mind completely. But just as much, I'd like to be able to have a "werewolf" who can transform fully into one and all the point inbetween. TS4 has already disappointed me (though only slightly) with their blurring the lines between the facts of ritual witchcraft and the fantasy of harry potter in ROM (though this is excusable since witchcraft isnt a life state, it's a practice - and there are people who believe in magic over magick anyway,) so I at least want some form of realistic depiction of werewolves to be OPTIONAL.

On a slightly different note, I saw some people on another forum mention how they'd want packs in a similar style to get together and how they want those packs to have hierarchies. I don't like this. The hierarchy myth about actual wolf packs isn't true. I urge you to do some research on that if you're interested. Point being, most wolf packs are just families with one or two dominant mating pairs. Those aren't "alphas" they're usually just the parents. Wolves protect one another and it's certainly not as authoritarian as a lot of pop culture will have you believe. As such, If they do implement packs (which I'd love to see) then I don't want that system to be in place.

However, I am absolutely dying for more paranormal and spiritual based packs in the game. But i do acknowledge that that kind of game-play isn't for everyone. I think this is why you've got such a varied group of people PLAYING the sims though. While some people may prefer absolute realism (which can technically still be achieved with paranormal packs if you believe in that stuff in a form that the game accurately represents,) others probably also prefer the wackiest 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they can come up with. This is a good thing, and EA can capitalize on the fact that they've got all kinds of corners of society as their captive audience.
  • Options
    PaladinPhantomPaladinPhantom Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes
    I miss all the supernatural types from Sims 3. I used to play as witches and fairies all the time, and I also really liked genies and werewolves. I wasn't a huge fan of vampires in S3, but I like S4 vampires because of the skill tree. I also really like that spellcasters have the skill tree too. I really wish we'd get all the supernatural types in Sims 4 and that they'd all have the same type of skill tree progression. It makes them more customizable, and makes it so that being a supernatural is something they have to work at rather than just being extra flavor. I have two mermaids in my current game and they're a lot of fun, but I wish I could progress their skills and buy special abilities like I can with spellcasters and vampires. I'd absolutely be willing to wait for and buy a full expansion that included multiple supernatural types and added skill trees to the aliens and mermaids who don't currently have them, as well as added features from Sims 3 back in like phases of the moon, the ghost hunting career (my absolute favorite thing that has ever been in a Sims game), ghosts being able to impregnate other sims with ghost babies, having imaginary friends and making them real, etc. It added so much whimsy to the game. Whimsy is one thing I feel like is kinda lacking in Sims 4.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    Absolutely not its been almost a year since a theme I wanted to see has come out and this would be more of the same unwanted content.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Maybe
    I like the idea of werewolves, but all that body hair when I usually play a female sim, that's the part I have trouble with lol, but I still like them even with all the hair. I only tried once in Sims 3, if they do them in 4 I hope they do a good job creating them and it would be cool to have a world around them.

Maybe even a story around accidently getting bitten if you choose to, a toggle feature perhaps. I kinda wished they had done that with vampires, if they did it with werewolves maybe they could add it to vampires. If they can create a story line for Strangerville they could do that, is set give it try then, far more fun than just creating one or asking to be one.
  • Options
    RenRochelleRenRochelle Posts: 21 Member
    Yes
    I want them so badly.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    I see people saying they won't buy it, which is fine. then there's Vampire fans saying making it at all is a waste of time, It's kind of like saying "Well I've already eaten so why are you still cooking?"
    "Well a lot of other people are still hungry."
    "What a waste of time."

"I don't like animals so why are you making Cats&Dogs?"

At least they have the rigs for animations if you can turn into a wolf!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Yes
    I really hope we get a supernatural this year, been waiting on werewolves since day 1.
  • Options
    RenRochelleRenRochelle Posts: 21 Member
    Yes
    I want werewolves so bad. Its my favorite supernatural. I want playable ghost, fairies, zombies, genies, and many more supernaturals. They have so so so so much content for "normal" play, I feel like because none of the "gamechangers" (youtubers) actually play with supernaturals that they are just listening to them and giving them all the normie stuff,university, tiny living, eco living, knifty knitting, ect. The 1% doesn't speak for me. I need werewolfs to have their own GP and world, and I need the rest of supernaturals need a EP, call it "UnNatrual Living".
  • Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    No
    Werewolves are not really something that I'm dying to have. If they were as detailed as vampires rather than like mermaids and aliens I might be convinced, but I don't know that werewolves have as much scope for powers, though admittedly I'm not an expert of werewolf lore.
  • Options
    WatermelonBombWatermelonBomb Posts: 21 Member
    Yes
    I've been waiting forever for them to release werewolves, its the only thing that I'm honestly looking forward too anymore and they keep giving us other stuff [not complaining bout most of it, but a chunk probably could have waited lmao]
    I'm upset it hasn't come out with previous pack but naturally they have to make it feel like they only care bout the money [oh wait...]
    I'm a Veteran player but starting to finally use mods and cheats outside of very basic 3 cheats, be gentle with me.

IMO nothing beats Sims 1 Making Magic
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No
    No way
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Maybe
    I couldn’t care less for occult Sims as they aren’t welcome in my game. (You do you if you actually enjoy having them.) But I do know that they’re bound to release body hair AND moon cycles with a pack that has werewolves. Now these things I actually do want to have! So if they release one sooner or later, it’d be just as beneficial to me either way.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Yes
    Werewolves/ Lycanthropes would be a very welcome addition, as long as they are not intrusive. Personally I would like to see them have an in- depth Rank system like vamps and spell dudes, with the ability to change into half human/half beast or at a higher rank, change into a fully formed giant beast wolf. Recycled dog animation with some extras? Cool with me.

Although I’m not sure if this occult is popular enough to get its own GP...

Regardless, I think the werewolves are requested enough to make it into a pack at some stage.

I can imagine them to be part of an EP, getting the ‘mermaid/ alien treatment’ : a CAS Option with an alternate form, but limited Gameplay. I can see their situation set in a ‘realistic’ world, like a mountain/forest area in which the main game play is for example, own mountain resorts, but there’s this cave or tree grove which you can explore during full moon, and when you do.....SNAP! Some fuzzy thing bites you during a rabbit hole experience and S* gets hairy from then on...

Quite unsure how their possible development will turn out...
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Maybe
    Maybe. But as it probably will be just half baked as most of the occults, im good if not.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    No
    I don't like playing as occult sims, which is part of the reason why.

But the main reason why is that I hate how there are three separate packs for super natural sims. One for vampires, one for wizards, and werewolves would be the third. The Sims 3 stuffed all three of those life states into one $40 expansion pack ($20 now), but now we're being charged for each life state in the Sims 4? Also vampires and magicians in The Sims 4 were pretty lack luster, so I'd imagine that werewolves would be poorly done as well.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Yes
    Would love to werewolves and other paranormal creatures but can wait for the pack as they already have the knitting and another coming out soon this year
    Would love it that there was a way to toggle them off and on along with those paranormals we already have so those that want paranormal have them and those that don't can turn them off
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    Yes
    I don't like playing as occult sims, which is part of the reason why.

But the main reason why is that I hate how there are three separate packs for super natural sims. One for vampires, one for wizards, and werewolves would be the third. The Sims 3 stuffed all three of those life states into one $40 expansion pack ($20 now), but now we're being charged for each life state in the Sims 4? Also vampires and magicians in The Sims 4 were pretty lack luster, so I'd imagine that werewolves would be poorly done as well.

No, not vampires they were executed perfectly into a good gothic pack. Wizards however weren’t as good as they could have been.
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Maybe
    No sense in trying to shoehorn them into a pack where they do not belong and will not get the attention they need, but I do want a werewolf game pack.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Maybe
    I would love to see them but not in The Sims 4. The Sims have no personalities so making a werewolf would be just another sim that just looks different. I find spellcasters, vampires etc all feel the same in my game, I see no difference
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    I would love to have werewolves! I’m more interested in them as playable, talking dogs though, honestly.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    Yes
    Yes!!! Also I’d like to see a way for them to be vegetarian still. People say werewolves need to eat meat but I don’t see why they can’t have some synthetic type of meat if they are vegetarian similar to vampires drinking plasma fruit. As for what I want them to look like they should have various different archetypes my favorite being a hunchbacked bipedal wolf. There’s so much they can do for werewolves and get together would work wonders since it would be so much easier to make a pack.
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Maybe
    I would definitely like werewolves, but only in the next pack if they're appropriate to the pack. If they were going to do Happy Haunts, for instance, I'd say bring back werewolves, mummies, and zombies in it. If they were doing, I dunno, Nifty Knitting 2: The Squeakquel, no, don't put werewolves in there.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes
    Werewolf actually never interest me, i just want them in the game so they will have special interaction with my vampires
    ihavemultiplegamertags