Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New phone calls

Ok, so last night after a few Sim days, my Sim got a phone call that essentially gave her free money. Which was SUPER nice and reminiscent of Sims 1. And I just saw on Twitter that somebody shared a picture of one saying "they're coming soon, maybe you should think twice about opening the door", which is VERY Sims 1 phone call.

I do have Eco Living, not currently using mods, and I'm not sure if it came with the pack or the patch, but I LOVE this feature.
Story_Banner.png
Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Comments

• Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I don't think it's new. I was getting those before the patch but it is super helpful <3
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I have so far only seen the usual festival although much rarer had to ignore first as was at work, never had anyone since but had a couple of offers for the blind dates. Did have 1 unknown phone call but as I had finally got my SIM into a dumpster, diving I ignored it, maybe I missed something will have to pay more attention next time.
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    The inheritance phone call is hilarious
    My sim had to get married in 7 days to receive the money
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »

Lol! That's the one I got, only I asked about what conditions were attached, and since I did that, my sim got it for free.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I have finally got a phone call I have never had before, so no idea if its eco living or parenthood. I got a call from Cletus Harris, asking for advice about a having a baby there were 3 options, so I picked the have baby. The pop up then said they were having a baby, kept looking out for his wife the 1 time I see her she didn't look pregnant, I then see a very heavily pregnant Cletus come to my door. Guess I will now need to alter their house for their new arrival.
  • Options
    l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    it is helpfull when ur poor like my sims are in the eco lifestyle pack (Idk its world name) only sadly I never get it but I dont wanna cheat it
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I got a call from Knox asking if he could come over because he had something for me. He gave me a birthday present :)
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    > @simm621 said:
    > I got a call from Knox asking if he could come over because he had something for me. He gave me a birthday present :)

Aww, That's sweet of that person ! :smile:
  • Options
    l0keyrose wrote: »
    > @simm621 said:
    > I got a call from Knox asking if he could come over because he had something for me. He gave me a birthday present :)

It was. It's a lot more personal than sending it through the mail. I love the little touches they've put into this pack.
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    l0keyrose wrote: »
    > @simm621 said:

It was. It's a lot more personal than sending it through the mail. I love the little touches they've put into this pack.

Talking about details, new moodlets were added too. My Sim got an energized moodlets from riding a bike.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've had 3 of the phone calls now. The first was the inheritance one, I asked about conditions and got 2500. The next was Geoff Landgraab asking if he and Nancy should try for baby. I said go ahead, and HE ended up pregnant. Just now got a call from Bess Sterling, who said if I donated 1 simoleon to her, my sim would be happy.

I love this! Although irritating, the calls in TS1 were wacky and dumb and random and I loved them. I feel this is exactly what TS4 needs. Some random, funny, unpredictable stuff. I love it!

AND, so far I've had 4-5 festivals in todays session. Not ONE invite! Which suits me fine, cause the only one I go to is the Flea Market. So it seems they really have been doing some nice things to the phone/text system. Just wondering though...did have a couple sims call mine and ask if she wanted to come over. I clicked OK, but nothing happened. I've done a shallow search on AHQ, but didn't find anything. Just wondering if it happens to anyone else too....
  • Options
    GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    I have also had phone calls inviting my Sim over and/or out and nothing happens as a result. I was wondering about it myself. If they ask to visit my Sim sometimes they show up and other times they don't. Maybe we are supposed to follow through now?
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Plainevil wrote: »
    I have finally got a phone call I have never had before, so no idea if its eco living or parenthood. I got a call from Cletus Harris, asking for advice about a having a baby there were 3 options, so I picked the have baby. The pop up then said they were having a baby, kept looking out for his wife the 1 time I see her she didn't look pregnant, I then see a very heavily pregnant Cletus come to my door. Guess I will now need to alter their house for their new arrival.

I had that phone call too! Lol. Cletus then called my female sim a day or two later saying he had a crush on her. Hilarious!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    My Sim's phone never rings :(

ETA:
    My phone was on silent. I get the calls now.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    The messages make me wish I had the ep now. :(
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    My Sim's phone never rings :(

Do you have it silenced?
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    PearLady wrote: »
    The messages make me wish I had the ep now. :(

Maybe it was added through the patch. My sister played the game more than me so far, and she didn't got a single phone call, but I had them 2/3 times.
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »

Lol! That's the one I got, only I asked about what conditions were attached, and since I did that, my sim got it for free.

Whattttt that’s all I had to do to get the money lol
  • Options
    Lol Mortimer is a strange one...
    oBvUhGQ.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have never had one like that. I do not own Eco Liestyle yet so I assume they are part of that EP. It sounds super cool.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    LeoLeo_607LeoLeo_607 Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="SeaDragonSong;c-17528615"][quote="Tony89;c-17528605"]The inheritance phone call is hilarious
    My sim had to get married in 7 days to receive the money [/quote]

Lol! That's the one I got, only I asked about what conditions were attached, and since I did that, my sim got it for free. [/quote]
    How long after you got married did it take to arrive I've been married a day and the mood let was there when I got married and now it's gone and I have no money? Please help if you can
  • Options
    [quote="SeaDragonSong;c-17528615"][quote="Tony89;c-17528605"]The inheritance phone call is hilarious
    My sim had to get married in 7 days to receive the money [/quote]

Lol! That's the one I got, only I asked about what conditions were attached, and since I did that, my sim got it for free. [/quote]
  • Options
    I got married while the moodlet was still there and now it's gone and I still have gotten no money can either of you tell when you got the money after you got married like was it in the mail box or did it just arrive?
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    LeoLeo_607 wrote: »
    I got married while the moodlet was still there and now it's gone and I still have gotten no money can either of you tell when you got the money after you got married like was it in the mail box or did it just arrive?

I never got the money, I married for nothing.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I love these new phone calls so much, the added randomness is delightful! The last one I had was such a good one too. My Sim got a call from Lester, one of the criminal Sims in my game (so I already knew this was going to be shady), asking him whether he was so-and-so (forgot the name). There was the option to claim to be so-and-so or tell the truth. But I was looking for something cool to happen, so I went with option 1 and my Sim got 5000 simoleons to stash away or something. So I'm thinking, that's cool, glad I lied. Then a couple of days later Lester shows up, upset about the money and tries to break my Sim's TV. My Sim was able to 'fight them to leave'. So fun! If anyone cares about the outcome, the TV was ok, the household kept the money, but my Sim got his plum kicked. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...