Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thanks for the New patch. Well worth the wait.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    psycjpsycj Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello. Can anyone tell me if the bill schedule changed? It was every Monday before, I think. And my sim waited for it Monday morning but all I saw was billing information and no way for my sim to pay for the bill. It is drastically reduced though, which is nice. Thanks
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I was watching Clare siobhans stream and she said it looked like the make up would transfer to each outfit category, so you don’t have to keep applying it when you move along. I hope so because that’s so useful!
  • Options
    daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    I love the patch, but clearly others are having serious problems (game crashes, peeing fire etc)
    My game runs fine but I feel there are more glitches than there were before?
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    This is a big update, much needed, much appreciated.
    I didn't notice major problems with it, although toddlers can't eat sometimes. One of them grabbed the plate from the counter, sit on the bed, put out his plate and put it back in his inventory and onto the counter. The only way I managed to feed him was by travelling to another lot and cook there. Does anyone else have this?

I have had the same issue with the toddler plates last week but I have yet to update. They stopped eating as soon as they started and then put the plate back on the table.

I am afraid my current save will stop working so I will wait a few days.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm going to start up all my old Saves, one each of the two I make of every one and see if there are any problems with crashing in any of them.

Maybe Maxis ought to find out who's having no problems, their PC or Mac setups, style of gameplay and see what the difference is?
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    I was watching Clare siobhans stream and she said it looked like the make up would transfer to each outfit category, so you don’t have to keep applying it when you move along. I hope so because that’s so useful!

This only seems to sort of work. If I rolled up a random sim in CAS and they randomly had makeup on, it won't transfer to other categories, even if I went ahead and deleted the current. If they weren't previously wearing makeup then it will transfer over.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Under Discover University in the patch notes:

*Fixed an issue in which Sims were taking showers fully clothed. As much as the current heat wave is giving us creative ideas to cool off, it would be more efficient to not be fully clothed when showering.

I feel Shower Woohoo is what this fixed.

Ah that's what they meant! I thought some games were bugged with sims wearing clothes while washing in the shower :lol:

Okay, I just learned that sims can fight the repo man. :naughty:

I haven't tested this. I just read it on social media.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    psycj wrote: »
    Hello. Can anyone tell me if the bill schedule changed? It was every Monday before, I think. And my sim waited for it Monday morning but all I saw was billing information and no way for my sim to pay for the bill. It is drastically reduced though, which is nice. Thanks

Different people experience different bill days so yours might have just switched.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    This is a big update, much needed, much appreciated.
    I didn't notice major problems with it, although toddlers can't eat sometimes. One of them grabbed the plate from the counter, sit on the bed, put out his plate and put it back in his inventory and onto the counter. The only way I managed to feed him was by travelling to another lot and cook there. Does anyone else have this?

I have had the same issue with the toddler plates last week but I have yet to update. They stopped eating as soon as they started and then put the plate back on the table.

I am afraid my current save will stop working so I will wait a few days.

Oh, so this bug it's new just for me.
  • Options
    JENI2810JENI2810 Posts: 29 Member
    > @psycj said:
    > Hello. Can anyone tell me if the bill schedule changed? It was every Monday before, I think. And my sim waited for it Monday morning but all I saw was billing information and no way for my sim to pay for the bill. It is drastically reduced though, which is nice. Thanks

I updated on a Thursday, Bills have arrived on Tuesday, whereas, yes, they were always on a Monday. I was expecting them on the Thursday, but different days may be interesting. They were previously 14k and rising, seemingly due to a dragonfruit smallholding - well when you've grown up your 7 toddlers and want them to go to Uni, then you'll need some savings - they're still fruit, so as easy to give each student, rather than cash! Now only 816 simoleons! And I was feeling guilty about having a dishwasher! And the heating on!
  • Options
    psycjpsycj Posts: 10 New Member
    [quote="JENI2810;c-17526471"]> @psycj said:
    > Hello. Can anyone tell me if the bill schedule changed? It was every Monday before, I think. And my sim waited for it Monday morning but all I saw was billing information and no way for my sim to pay for the bill. It is drastically reduced though, which is nice. Thanks

I updated on a Thursday, Bills have arrived on Tuesday, whereas, yes, they were always on a Monday. I was expecting them on the Thursday, but different days may be interesting. They were previously 14k and rising, seemingly due to a dragonfruit smallholding - well when you've grown up your 7 toddlers and want them to go to Uni, then you'll need some savings - they're still fruit, so as easy to give each student, rather than cash! Now only 816 simoleons! And I was feeling guilty about having a dishwasher! And the heating on![/quote]

I see. Alright. Thanks!
  • Options
    matthewsccamatthewscca Posts: 13 New Member
    My SIM was at university when I applied the new patch. No Mods. Loved the new inventory system at first! Finally some way to organize!
    After playing for a couple of days, 3/4 of her inventory disappeared. All Strangerville content, all books (including university textbooks and homework), crystals, pimped out laptop, bike, etc. You get the idea. Very upsetting. Can even check the household inventory to see if maybe it went there because, well, it's University. My SIM hasn't graduated yet so I'll check when she does but I'm not hopeful.
    Sorry to hijack your post but apparently I am unable to start my own post. Any one else having this issue?
  • Options
    matthewsccamatthewscca Posts: 13 New Member
    OK, new development! The "portable computer" does not show in my SIMS inventory. She was at the library and she used it independently. My guess is that all of those objects that disappeared are still in her inventory but just cant be seen for some reason. Before anyone asks, I cleared all filters applied to the inventory items (first thing I checked).
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    I have definitely run into the computer object thing since the patch/new EP on Xbox One. This is the only issue I have really noticed so far. I hope they get a hotfix out soon.
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    I have a legacy family. The current generation is two twin sisters. One is in college and needs the computer to do her term paper but the computers are bugged.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've noticed that Loves Outdoors sims don't love the outdoors anymore!

And parents autonomy for caring for babies has taken a real nosedive.