Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else feel relieved once they get to the “teen” life stage?

For me playing babies through child stage feels like a draining chore. The clothing and hair are limited and terrible, their is nothing actually fun for toddlers, and kids to do, and I have all of the stuff packs for toddlers and kids, but once they get to the teen life stage, I just feel a big sigh of relief and like my game is balanced and fun again.

Anyone actually enjoy toddler and kid life stages out there??

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Toddler I like. Kid stage yea a huge drain. Boring as hell. Teen stage is not much better. I feel more relieved when they get to young adult stage.
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Toddler I like. Kid stage yea a huge drain. Boring as hell. Teen stage is not much better. I feel more relieved when they get to young adult stage.

The teen life stage is fun with slice of life, and basemental D mod. I believe that it would be boring with vanilla gameplay.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2020
    I feel relieved once they get to the child stage! I like children but toddlers are so needy and babies are a bit boring.
  • Options
    I feel relieved once they get to the child stage! I like children but toddlers are so needy.

My child sims monkey bars themselves to death, interactions with Pets are cute, but it’s so boring to me. I do all that I can with them tho.
  • Options
    QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    I feel relieved once they get to the child stage! I like children but toddlers are so needy and babies are a bit boring.

Same. Kids don't have a lot to do, sadly, but they're less needy than toddlers and babies, and therefore more independent.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Nope, I actually really enjoy playing with toddlers and kids :) I wouldn't mind more interactions for them though.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Not really. I enjoy the child stage & teens have been a pain since Parenthood added mood swings.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I love playing with toddlers. One of my saves right now I’ve got a mom with 7 toddlers. My rules are that I can’t play the toddlers at all, only the mom and no cheats (except aging is off). The mom has to keep all the toddlers needs in the green as well as max their skills. It’s like one of those time management games only more fun.

I don’t really like the child and teen ages because there seems to be no time to do anything except school and homework. It gets to be a grind.
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I had a game where I challenged myself to ONLY play the child - the only times I controlled their parents was to pay the bills.

I went through toddler, child, and teen life stages like this, where the parents were basically roomies. It was a BLAST! Toddler stage was so difficult, but it was a fun challenge to get all of the child's skills up, while also keeping them happy the whole time (often got hangry). Once I got into the child stage it wasn't as difficult, since i have a kids can cook mod on, but my child also joined scouts, after school things, etc. They seem really rounded out because of the time I gave to them to focus on their interests and their friends! Once a teen they joined a group for karaoke and stayed out late into the night, going to school tired but with finished homework, etc.

I think generally I don't play with kids unless it's a challenge, or a legacy, but I find focusing on only the kid to be what makes it fun!
  • Options
    A_Mom wrote: »
    I love playing with toddlers. One of my saves right now I’ve got a mom with 7 toddlers. My rules are that I can’t play the toddlers at all, only the mom and no cheats (except aging is off). The mom has to keep all the toddlers needs in the green as well as max their skills. It’s like one of those time management games only more fun.

I don’t really like the child and teen ages because there seems to be no time to do anything except school and homework. It gets to be a grind.

Did I read that you said 7 toddlers correctly?

7!? I can barely manage one toddler geesh lol
    Kudos.
    Question. What happens when your toddlers grow up? Do choose one to play as an adult and start a new life and family or do you play multiple saves?
  • Options
    thecatsred wrote: »
    I had a game where I challenged myself to ONLY play the child - the only times I controlled their parents was to pay the bills.

I went through toddler, child, and teen life stages like this, where the parents were basically roomies. It was a BLAST! Toddler stage was so difficult, but it was a fun challenge to get all of the child's skills up, while also keeping them happy the whole time (often got hangry). Once I got into the child stage it wasn't as difficult, since i have a kids can cook mod on, but my child also joined scouts, after school things, etc. They seem really rounded out because of the time I gave to them to focus on their interests and their friends! Once a teen they joined a group for karaoke and stayed out late into the night, going to school tired but with finished homework, etc.

I think generally I don't play with kids unless it's a challenge, or a legacy, but I find focusing on only the kid to be what makes it fun!

I can’t just play one sim in the household, when I do all of the others sims just get fat and eat nothing but chips and cake. But this is my first time focusing on a legacy gameplay, it’s nerve wrecking because I have to make sure that the sibling sims go on to have lives too once my chosen heir goes to university. But I have been playing my heir from
    Birth til now and I really play as close to real life as possible, no cheats, they eat 3 meals a day, I make the siblings pick on each other and fight occasionally, the parents cheat on each other and confess and I have the reactions mod so the children are affected by the parents arguments so it has helped
    Make child play more enjoyable
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I wouldn't say I enjoy those stages much. With toddlers and children, its all "chop chop get those skills maxed and those aspirations done" so you can get your bday cake and become a teen. Its a rush for me, really, and quite repetitive.

To be honest, I quite rush through the teen life stage too, in some cases. I some times cheat skills/aspirations to get them done quicker (and the character value out of the trait-zone, because I find the constant character trait whims incredibly annoying)
  • Options
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I enjoy those stages much. With toddlers and children, its all "chop chop get those skills maxed and those aspirations done" so you can get your bday cake and become a teen. Its a rush for me, really, and quite repetitive.

To be honest, I quite rush through the teen life stage too, in some cases. I some times cheat skills/aspirations to get them done quicker (and the character value out of the trait-zone, because I find the constant character trait whims incredibly annoying)

I agree it feels like a drag but I’m just going through the motions to get them to teen stage, the teen life stage is fun with a combination of realistic reactions, the parenthood pack, basemental D, and slice of life mods, my teens tend to be rebels they sneak off on curfew to do drugs, get caught and chewed out by their parents and grounded, I learned that with the parent hood pack toy really have to dig into it with social intersections to really get the feel of the pack.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Toddler feels like a chore
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I actually love toddlers. Kids and teens though are both boring and annoying. The endless parenting questions drove me insane. I eventually downloaded a mod to stop it. The lack of unique things to do for both child and teen make them quite boring. Teens are basically just thin young adults with homework and kids have nothing interesting at all.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Toddlers are a chore but they are sooooo adorable I can't live without them lol I split my family up. When I'm tired of the toddler I send to relatives house. When I miss the cuteness I bring them back lol.

I actually love kids. I have some that I never age. I use the children can mod to give them more to do. And the bike mod and seesaw mod. So I send them off on biking adventures to collect bugs and rocks, play on the playground, rebel, etc. Love playing with them. But kids and toddlers are extremely lacking in content. They desperately need more to do and I'm really hoping that changes soon.
    Even with cc trying to find a nice variety of clothes for my sim boy is next to impossible. The girls do have a bit more options though not much.

The only lifestate I don't care much about is babies.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I think up my own storylines for kids and teen which makes them interesting enough for me. It's not about having to get all the skills or achieving the aspirations. I also downloaded a mod called Milestones a while ago (don't know if it's compatible with the new patch yet) which gives kids another dimension with the whole childhood clique feature.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I actually love toddlers. Kids and teens though are both boring and annoying. The endless parenting questions drove me insane. I eventually downloaded a mod to stop it. The lack of unique things to do for both child and teen make them quite boring. Teens are basically just thin young adults with homework and kids have nothing interesting at all.

Right and they could have been more creative and unique with the questions...like generated based on child’s personality, I mean the whole advice thing is so annoying
  • Options
    Toddlers are a chore but they are sooooo adorable I can't live without them lol I split my family up. When I'm tired of the toddler I send to relatives house. When I miss the cuteness I bring them back lol.

I actually love kids. I have some that I never age. I use the children can mod to give them more to do. And the bike mod and seesaw mod. So I send them off on biking adventures to collect bugs and rocks, play on the playground, rebel, etc. Love playing with them. But kids and toddlers are extremely lacking in content. They desperately need more to do and I'm really hoping that changes soon.
    Even with cc trying to find a nice variety of clothes for my sim boy is next to impossible. The girls do have a bit more options though not much.

The only lifestate I don't care much about is babies.

Wow nice and it baffles me that I have to go find CC for decent hair on toddlers and child males, and the clothes my god! The clothing from toddler to child look like 1970’s dollhouse apparell, children in 2020 are so much more stylish than we’ve ever been EA needs to really fix that and maybe they could add more game systems and sports for kids
    I noticed that homework takes less time to do,which is a good thing.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2020
    Nope haha. Babys and Tots are my fav life stages followed super closely by kids. Once they are teens I usually start ignoring them or quickly age them so I can move them out and have more little ones haah (though I keep aging extra slow so they are babies/tots for ages first)
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Toddlers are a lot of work. I like them in small doses but I always want them to get all five skills maxed and that takes all of my attention for most of that stage and the rest of the family helps out or gets ignored.

Children I really only require to finish one child aspiration and start working towards two character values, so they have time to have more fun. Sometimes I can make their lived interesting enough to hold my attention, sometimes they just get kept busy while I concentrate on the rest of the family.

So my sigh of relief is usually when they age to child, because I expect so much less of them.
  • Options
    chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    Maybe it's because of the way I play, but I find kids and toddlers a bit stressful. They have have certain skills that are only for those life stages which are also the shortest ones and I try to max them out as fast as possible, achieving at least 2 aspirations as well.
    With Parenthood there's also the traits thing which I haven't been able to get for any on my sims (I think empathy and conflict resolution are the hardest ones for me) which frustrates me a bit. I would play around with it more but I honestly don't know how to work with them enough to do so.
    I must also say that having the same skills for teens and older sims is also kind of boring for me. I haven't tried it yet because I usually try to stay in one path for each Sim, but I'm sure I could max out most if not all the skills.
    In comparison to toddlers and kids which are the shortest life stages with less skills but that are unique to those, we have 4 life stages that are longer and all have the same skills. Which, if you have taken good care of your sims in the earlier stages, are kind of easy to level up. I've teens that already have some skills max out before they age up.
  • Options
    kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    I like babies and toddlers but not children. The toddler movements and sounds are cute but then as soon as they turn into children, they move like zombies. I wish they had given Sims in the child stage as much personality as they did the toddlers.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »
    A_Mom wrote: »

Did I read that you said 7 toddlers correctly?

7!? I can barely manage one toddler geesh lol
    Kudos.
    Question. What happens when your toddlers grow up? Do choose one to play as an adult and start a new life and family or do you play multiple saves?

IDK, I haven’t gotten that far yet. 😁 If they don’t get taken away I’ll probably just stop when they’re all maxed in their skills and move on to another save. Right now it’s pretty fun. The house is a wreck. There are dirty dishes on every available surface and the floor. Those kid messes are all over too. My poor sim. I had to remove all the doll houses because the kids destroyed them all but even after I fixed them the sad poor dollies mood let wouldn’t go away and the kids wouldn’t stop crying. I’m starting to get the hang of it though and if you can keep their needs out of the red they’ll grab food off the counter when they’re hungry and put themselves to bed when they’re tired. But until they get potty trained they get dirty really fast and need to be bathed which they can’t do without help.

I have only had one save where my sim married, had a kid and that kid grew up and got married. They all lived in the same house up until the mother died. Then life happened, I had to stop playing for awhile and when I got to play again I just started something different. I usually play in spurts so I find I start over a lot to play a different story.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I love toddlers their gameplay so unique and well made. It's sad that they haven't really received any love since parenthood and toddler stuff.

Kids are pretty fun but kind of lacking too which is unfortunate. What I like about kids is that you can prep for adult skills by getting their childhood skills up. Plus if you age up well as a toddler and a child you'll get a jump start and bonuses as an adult such as faster skill building.

Parenthood definitely helped family play and those two age groups respectively.

I like teens but teens are basically just adults which is unfortunate. They don't seem to be different enough and that bothers me a lot